Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 08, 2014 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Update

PS4 Pre-Orders

Child of Light ($14.99)
Child of Light
The daughter of the Duke of Carniola is transported to Lemuria, a mysterious world that needs her help. Identified as the Child of Light and granted the power of flight, she takes on the minions of Lemuria’s Dark Queen in her quest to recover the sun, the moon and the stars to return home. Along the way she’ll discover that her destiny may be far greater than she ever dreamed.

PS3 Pre-Orders

Child of Light ($14.99)
Child of Light
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion Xl ($19.99)
Cartoon Network
Did you ever wonder what would happen if Humungousaur and Samurai Jack met up in a dark alley? What if Dexter took on Mac and Bloo? The possibilities are endless! If only there was a way to get all your favorite cartoon characters together… Well you don’t have to wait any longer… Get ready for a Punch Time Explosion!

PS4 Games

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Free to Download)
FF14 A Realm Reborn
Be amongst the first to explore a land embraced by Gods and forged by Heroes. Embark on the adventure of a lifetime and save the realm of Eorzea.
* All the hallmarks of the FINAL FANTASY franchise, including an engaging storyline, genre-leading graphics, and majestic music
* Robust and varied gameplay—such as Free Companies, story-focused missions, and exhilarating public battles—designed to bring players together
* A flexible class system that allows players to change roles on the fly, simply by changing their equipped weapon or tool
* A breathtaking musical score that accompanies your adventures and changes dynamically while you play
*Requires monthly subscription
King Oddball ($6.99)
King Oddball
End the world with boulders! The King swings a boulder back and forth with his tongue and you get to release it by pressing a button. Time the release accurately and crush as many targets as possible with each boulder. Simple but addictive!
LEGO The Hobbit ($59.99)
Lego The Hobbit
The interactive game of LEGO The Hobbit allows gamers to play along with their favorite scenes from the films, and follows the Hobbit Bilbo Baggins as he is recruited by the Wizard Gandalf to aid Thorin Oakenshield and his Company of Dwarves.
Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut ($19.99)
Strike Suit Zero
In the year 2299, an interstellar war rages. Take control of the Strike Suit – a craft with the ability to transform into a hulking suit of space armor – in a bid to save Earth from destruction. Immerse yourself in massive fleet battles where your dogfighting skills will directly affect the fate of the cosmos.

PS3 Games

LEGO The Hobbit ($49.99)
Lego The Hobbit
Sonic Unleashed ($19.99)
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic the Hedgehog is on an adventure unlike any other! Powered by an all-new engine, Sonic Unleashed merges classic Sonic gameplay with the latest in next-generation innovation. Merging blistering 2D action with meticulously rendered 3D environments, players race through intriguing locations across the globe as Sonic to save a chaotic world.

PS Vita Games

LEGO The Hobbit ($29.99)
Lego The Hobbit

PS2 Classic

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 ($9.99)
Persona 4
A rumor is going around school that by looking at a TV screen at 12:00 AM on a rainy night, the face of your soulmate will be revealed. But is that all? A chain of murders appears to be connected to the rumor, and you and your team of Persona users must brave the mysterious TV world before another schoolmate dies.

App Updates

Crackle (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)
Crackle
Crackle’s acclaimed original series “Chosen” returns with a vengeance with the exclusive early preview only on Crackle on PlayStation. For the third season, Rose McGowan joins the cast including Chad Michael Murray and Brandon Routh. The first two seasons of “Chosen” followed Ian Mitchell (Milo Ventimiglia) and Jacob Orr (Murray) as they were swept into a deadly game that forced them to kill or be killed. The third season is packed more thrills, suspense and jaw-dropping moments than ever before. Watch the new season of “Chosen” only on Crackle on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita starting today. Check out the show here.
Hulu Plus (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)
Hulu Plus
Deadbeat is an all new original comedy series. Kevin Pacalioglu (Tyler Labine) may have no money and no clue, but he can see dead people, so that’s pretty cool. Faced with a constant stream of stubborn spirits, Pac goes to whatever lengths require the least amount of effort to help New York City’s most frivolous ghosts finish their unfinished business. Check out the show here.
Netflix (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)
Netflix Logo
Now on Netflix—Mad Men Season 6. Catch up on all seasons of Mad Men through Season 6, now streaming on Netflix. Set in 1960s New York City, this series takes a peek inside an ad agency during an era when the cutthroat business had a glamorous lure. In Season 6, Madison Avenue’s most notorious advertising executive, Don Draper, returns to battle more personal demons stemming from his mysterious past. Not a member? Try Netflix free for one month at Netflix.com.
Qello Concerts (PS3/PS Vita)
Qello
As always, a scan of some of the new releases on Qello Concerts is like a trip in a time machine. We begin by hurtling back about 40 years to one of Pink Floyd’s greatest albums. The Story of Wish You Were Here is in the mold of the Classic Albums series, and that’s a good thing. We jump into the early ‘90s, and onto Oasis with Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds: Live at the O2. Sign up for a 15 day trial here.
Redbox Instant by Verizon (PS3, PS4, PS Vita)
Redbox Instant
This week in Redbox Instant, we have a lot of great titles available this week to watch. Check out Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, Homefront and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug to buy/rent. For our streaming subscribers, we now have Rocky 1-5, Mud, The People vs. Larry Flynt and Dragonslayer. Plus to get you ready for this summer’s onslaught of Marvel movies, check out the 2012 box office hit, The Avengers.

Demos

• Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle (PS3)
  • King Oddball (PS4)

Ride To Hell Retribution $19.99 $29.99
Ride To Hell: Retribution Cook’s Mad Recipe $1.99 $3.49
Sacred Citadel $9.99 $14.99
Sacred Citadel: Jungle Hunt Bundle $1.99 $4.99

PS3 Add-ons

Atelier Escha & Logy Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
  • Atelier Series BGM Package / Additional (Free)
  • Additional Collection Area/Palace Of Paupers (Free)
  • Atelier Escha & Logy – Additional Party Character – Wilbell ($4.99)
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
  • Ephemeral Swimsuit (Free)
  • Giant King Mask (Free)
  • Tales Of Symphonia Set (Free)
Rocksmith 2014
  • Bob Dylan – Just Like A Woman ($2.99)
  • Bob Dylan – Like A Rolling Stone ($2.99)
  • Bob Dylan – Subterranean Homesick Blues ($2.99)
  • Bob Dylan Song Pack ($7.99)
The Wolf Among Us
  • Episode 3: A Crooked Mile ($4.99)

PS Vita Add-ons

Destiny of Spirits
  • Destiny Orbs 105 ($7.99)
  • Destiny Orbs 200 ($14.99)
  • Destiny Orbs 300 ($19.99)
  • Destiny Orbs 500 ($29.99)
Toukiden: The Age of Demons
  • Additional Missions 10 ($0.99)
  • Additional Missions 8 ($0.99)
  • Additional Missions 9 ($0.99)
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
  • Ephemeral Swimsuit (Free)
  • Giant King Mask (Free)
  • Tales Of Symphonia Set (Free)

PS3 Themes

• Aquarium Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Chelsea Champions Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Chelsea First Team Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Chelsea The Blues Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Chelsea Victory Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Digital Blasphemy Mystic Rainbow Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Dynamic Cat Rainbow Theme ($2.99)
  • Dynamic Flirty Girl 10 Theme ($2.99)
  • Dynamic Flirty Girl 11 Theme ($2.99)
  • Dynamic Laser Cat Gl Theme ($2.99)
  • Chernobly Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Marines Static Theme ($1.99)
  • MLB: Calendar 2014 Dynamic Themes ($2.99)
  • Paradise Dynamic Theme ($1.99)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Dynamic Theme (Free)
  • Thief – Theme ($1.99)

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Epictacosam on April 8th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Disgaea 2 sale please

+ Ftwrthtx on April 8th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Release MLB 14 for the PS4 early please. :-)

+ Swiket on April 8th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Everyday’s great at your Junes.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 8th, 2014 at 2:56 pm said:

lol, I love that jingle.

+ Digital-Big-Boss on April 8th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

weak week

+ PrinceofXIII on April 8th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

Child of Light, Final Fantasy XIV ARR PS4, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, The Wolf Among Us, and JOOOOOOJOOOOOOO!!

+ TYruler50 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

Wow these sales are so lame LOL. Guess you can’t get good stuff every week

+ Darig0n on April 8th, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

Terrible update :c

+ PainOfSarrow on April 8th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

ummm, nothing at all for me this week. owell last week ubisoft sale was nice.

+ Kensukete on April 8th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

For some reason it still said Ubisoft sale when I went into the store, I guess it still needs to be pulled because the sale prices were…nonexistent.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 8th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

Sometimes the banners refresh a little bit later than the prices. We’re working on a solution to make sure this isn’t a problem in the future.

+ ngreatshark on April 8th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

PERSONA!

+ jamonxin on April 8th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

… sad sales :( nothing for me..

+ DanteMerfi on April 8th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

Wow This must be the weakest week of sales I’ve seen since I started following the blog.

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on April 8th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

nothing for me =) this week

+ LloydDroid12 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

omg, ride to hell only going down to $20?!
It should be dropped even more. xD

+ Witch-Burn-Buffy on April 8th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

Why we not getting Beyond Two Souls Digital Version like Pal region store last week?

+ fresno75 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

The Wolf Among Us great update

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 8th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

I can’t wait to play it!

+ dfoz3 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

Can you please explain what is going on with Final Fantasy 14!! I want to get this for the PS4 but just want to buy it on PSN, now it shows up as free to download. Does this mean I don’t need to buy it or do I need to actually buy it from a 3rd party retailer?? Also, under price changes it shows as dropping from 39.99 to 24.99 but doesn’t state what platform. Someone please clarify this a bit, thanks!!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 8th, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

My understanding with FF14 is that you can download it for free on PS4 but you still have to pay their monthly subscription fee. The price changes in this document reflect price drops on the PS3 versions. Hope that helps!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 8th, 2014 at 3:07 pm said:

Got a bit more clarification from the store team, it seems like this download for PS4 is just the client, so you will need an account for the game to be able to play.

+ WaveLightning777 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:08 pm said:

Really? Tales content in Ragnarok Odyssey, but no Tales PSN Avatars yet? I feel like I’m being taunted now… :(

+ NX_Nytrux on April 8th, 2014 at 2:08 pm said:

Poor week. Nothing for me.
PS2 Classics wish list:
– Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
– Silent Hill: Origins
– Obscure 1 & 2

+ ChibiMrBubbles on April 8th, 2014 at 2:08 pm said:

Persona 4 PS2 Classic on PS3. Biggest megaton of the year as far as I’m concerned.

Thank you based Atlus for delivering.

+ KazeEternal on April 8th, 2014 at 2:09 pm said:

Does this mean I can install FF14 on my PS4 today and transfer my character over? I thought that wasn’t until friday.

+ XeahuleXolic on April 8th, 2014 at 2:09 pm said:

Free FF XIV!! Sweetness!!

+ Mobius2525 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:09 pm said:

Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut for me.

+ T40Rs731N on April 8th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

Does anyone know if Final Fantasy XIV can have multiple users? For instance, can I buy it and subscribe and have my own game whilst my sub accounts have their own games?

How will that work?

+ iREVOLTER on April 8th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

Amazing to see Child of Light and Persona 4, wait Free to Download ? What does it mean? Basically on PS4 FF XIV is free and just a monthly subscription ? Thats cool if so. And after all it means US are going to pay double times for Child of Light, well too bad; I hoped for a Cross-Buy for US due to EU getting this as a Cross-Buy.

Strange to see such a random Sonic game to go digital after all the Demos were pulled of by Sega due to low metacritic score, even though I liked some of the levels overall not the best in the series.

I’m glad about TWAU E3. Thx Telltale and Playstation.

+ leracos on April 8th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

Wow, Strike Suit Zero for discount on Plus? AWESOME.

+ mtk93 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

Earlier posts said King Oddball was cross-buy with the Vita. I went to download for my PS4, as I purchased the Vita version when it came out, and it wanted to charge me $6.99. Has this changed?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 8th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

The game is still cross-buy! There appears to be an issue if you purchased the Vita version first, but the team is working on a fix now. Thanks for making us aware! You should be able to download both versions soon.

+ rightontargt4 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

Hey SCEA team,

Have you guys heard anything about the Fort Defense: North Menace addon/separate game coming back? Any news on the below would be appreciated.

The way it was outlined in the Fort Defense base game made it seem like it was add-on DLC, but when it went into the PS Store about a month ago, it released as a standalone, but only functional as a standalone demo/trial. It was then removed from the Store and I assume it’s being reworked to function correctly as a full game.

All I know is I paid $4 for it and since it’s not on the Store, it’s not in my download history and is unable to be used.

Thanks in advance!

+ Sennyize on April 8th, 2014 at 2:12 pm said:

Any news on Playstation Now?
I heard from a CSR that with Playstation Now that the PS3 may be able to play PS Vita games and even PS4 game (Though she said that particular feature is not guaranteed). Also With PS4/PS3 on Vita.
I’d love to be able to play PS Vita games on my PS3 and I’d be much more willing to go more digital if it’d mean I’d have a nice catalog of games to play once I get a PS4.

+ tylerh1701 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

Is Child of Light going to be cross-buy like it is for Europe?

+ XeahuleXolic on April 8th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

Thank you sony!!

+ Kanashimi on April 8th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

Alright, I’m confused. The beta for Final Fantasy XIV was over the weekend, and from what I understand early access isn’t until the 11th, correct? I need to transfer from PS3 to PS4, but when can I do that on the Mog Station?

+ Sharingan_itachi on April 8th, 2014 at 2:14 pm said:

3 weeks and counting. Still dont see the dlc of Soul Sacrifice that eu got.

+ Elk_mistral on April 8th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

I rarely complaint but this week… that almost an april fool.. realy weak sale

+ Lefoul-123 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

Well well, if it isnt mr I never publish sales grace chen.

+ ngreatshark on April 8th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

Seriously, if you haven’t played Persona 4 , get it, it will be the best $10 you’ve ever spent

+ rabidninjamonky on April 8th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

I hope Child of Light gets a vita port. This is a pretty slow week, but I’m not complaining. I will beat FFX tonight and then I get to play FFX-2 next! I also can’t resist buying Flying Hamster for $0.49 for when I need a break from Spira.

+ nunley33 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:16 pm said:

Happy to see Final Fantasy XIV getting a price drop as they’ll make it back in more subs. Everyone witha PS4 should download it and try it out,during the recent beta period anyways. I’ll try stealth inc. and grab the spider-man theme. With the sales looking light it feels like a flash sale is impending for the weekend.

+ hazelcabug on April 8th, 2014 at 2:17 pm said:

Looks like PS PLUS been having a very weak PS PLUS EXCLUSIVE sales this past month…. All I’ve seen frequently are price change which even a non ps plus subscriber can avail.

Please reshuffle the games that got sale for 75% off for ps plus subscribers last year, not all ps plus subscriber are able to purchase great sales long ago such as Nino Kuni for 7$ etc.

+ Elvick_ on April 8th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

App update is really nice feature. Thanks for those.

Flying Hamster HD and Sunflowers for $1 is a great deal people. Get them, they’re a lot of fun.

@28: I second this. I loved the first and would like that to be fixed, and support is terrible so I was hoping that it’d fix itself quickly.

+ Pattino on April 8th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

How exactly is FFXIV going to work? I know there is a subscription fee, but don’t we also have to buy the game? Stores have the disc based version it for $40, but doesn’t seem like we can pre-order a digital copy anywhere. I am hoping to purchase it through PSN since I have psn cards and would like to be able to participate in the pre-order early release. Thanks for any help you can offer.

+ elscarface on April 8th, 2014 at 2:22 pm said:

FFXIV Free!? So I just need to pay the monthly subscription?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 8th, 2014 at 3:10 pm said:

I’ve been told you can download the client for free. You will still need an account.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on April 8th, 2014 at 2:24 pm said:

@19
I’m pretty sure Obscure 2 has been on the store for a while. It was on sale last week for 5 bucks.

+ Jotamide on April 8th, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

Are there any perks included by preordering Child of Light?

+ snakeeyes211 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

When are we getting HBO go for the PS4?

+ Gaara436 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

@17 free to download only but you need to buy game at mog station square enix online server or at retailer. After bought the game enter one time use code to unlock game. If you buy ps3 which is cheaper when up load game on ps4 there is a button to transfer rights from ps3 to unlock full game on ps4 for free. So buy ps3 $24.99 vs paying $39.99 or buy ps3 collectors $444.99 instead of ps4 collectors at digital 59.99 or retail 84.99

+ Gaara436 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

Still requires monthly fee though

+ SalMoriarty on April 8th, 2014 at 2:32 pm said:

RBI Baseball still due to release tomorrow?

+ Gaara436 on April 8th, 2014 at 2:33 pm said:

@21 no you still need to wait april 11 to do so. Just get a leg up sort of speak in doing so. By download game.. it’s the same version as beta phase 2 my understanding

+ boomstickbhg on April 8th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

Please remove the App Updates section, it should have it’s own separate post since it’s just about tv shows and such being watchable, through apps that already have been released, and nothing to do with the store update.

Right now it’s just a bunch of unwanted information in a post about something else and on a big update it makes it that much more tiring, annoying to check out what’s new.

PAGE 1 2 3 4