PS4 - Destiny

The Last of Us Remastered – Coming to PS4 Summer 2014

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Apr 09, 2014 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Update: Here’s the debut trailer following hot on the heels of yesterday’s official reveal.

Well, it’s no secret that we have been working night and day at the studio to bring The Last of Us to PS4.

We’re calling it The Last of Us Remastered.

The Last of Us Remastered on PS4

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.

In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:

• Left Behind single player expansion
  • Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
  • Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included

Whether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!

You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:

• 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
  • Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
  • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign

If you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:

• Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
  • Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode

Now that we’ve finally gotten the official announcement out of the way, we’ll be keeping you updated regularly about The Last of Us Remastered until it releases Summer 2014.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ WICKOtheSTAMPEDE on April 9th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

I really hope this ships with a different trophy list, because the original is awful. 8 difficulty trophies.. 5 collectible trophies.. boring as hell.

+ mastorofpuppetz on April 9th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

@57, you didnt see replay value in one of the greatest Sp game sever, and some of the best MP all last gen??? ROFl what do you see replay value in?

+ mus1ckfps on April 9th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

This needs to be 1080p/60FPS and that’ll justify the $59.99 price tag

+ mastorofpuppetz on April 9th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

@101 play games no trophies.

+ HippeusOmega on April 9th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Thank you Sony and Naughty Dog. You made my summer complete. Loved The Last of Us on ps3 and it will be a must own for my new PS4 I just got!

+ Mando44646 on April 9th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

I hope this isnt $60 at launch. I own it on PS3 and I would more than happily buy it again at a reduced price. Especially since I have not yet played the new single player DLC, but I don’t care about the forced multiplayer

+ Catcher_BR on April 9th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

OMG ! DETAILS, TRAILER, WHEN

+ CharmingBishop on April 9th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Any hints on WHEN this Summer it will be released? On the PS Store, it shows release at December 31st of this year! That’s not summer, folks!! =P

Either way, winter or summer, I have never been more excited!

+ QuiteUndead on April 9th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Hyped!
Can’t wait to play this.

+ ZOMBIE-VITO on April 9th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Will left Behind be on disk?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on April 9th, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

Yes it will!

+ Deadpoolian on April 9th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Yessssss. The Last of Us is one of the greatest games of all time. Quite possible my favorite game ever! I’ll totally double dip on it. Not sure if I’ll pay $60 again for it, but I’ll definitely get the remaster at some point. :D

+ Ralkion on April 9th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

If it is not 60 FPS then it is not worth getting in my opinion. You can upgrade the graphics all you want but the original had phenomenal graphics. The biggest difference is that FPS, that should be the priority. Battlefield 3 and 4 is night and day because of the FPS difference, the other enhancements are great as well but it is the FPS that makes the biggest difference visually when the game is in motion. No last gen game should be ported and not be upgraded to 60 FPS, Tomb Raider is a great example of how big a difference that frame rate makes. It’s night and day and I’m not repurchasing this game after beating it unless it’s got that FPS improvement.

+ TwinDad on April 9th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Great game. But no thanks. Resources would have been better spent elsewhere.

Unless I get a free upgrade, I’m not a purchaser. However based on the people posting it looks like your found an audience.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on April 9th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Here’s a double-dip that I actually don’t mind. I might even pre-order it.

+ saab01 on April 9th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

Those clickers on ps4 might be too real it’s already giving me goosebumps just thinking about it. I’m sure it will look super sharp on my ps4.

+ Fokma on April 9th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

I usually love these HD editions. Who wouldn’t want another go at a classic game but with better graphics. However at $70 CDN!!!! (almost $80 with tax) and releasing 1 year later, I can’t even fathom the thought of purchasing this game.

+ Coolwater on April 9th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Sony needs an upgrade option on this one!!!

There’s no excuse to not have one. You offer the upgrade option, i’ll give you $10. You don’t offer the upgrade option, i give you nothing.

Your move Sony!

+ Dragoon094 on April 9th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

Well then, i’m glad i held off from buying this game on PS3.

+ Arx-Nine on April 9th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

Will there be a upgrade scheme for people who already own it for PS3, similar to the COD upgrade for £10?

+ TwinDad on April 9th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

@mastorofpuppetz,

I can’t bring myself to play it again either. Just can’t get into the game, several reasons, but difficult to point to an exact reason.

I would rather replay:
Ni no Kuni
Bravely Default
Dark Souls
Steamworld Dig
Resongun
Super Star Dust
Pixel Junk MOnsters

+ AeroCruzzur on April 9th, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

Any trade-in discount for those of us who already own TLOU on PS3?

+ MarkakaJin on April 9th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

Um, this is cool and all but what about us who have the PS3 version? Do we get a cross-buy? Discount? Or what?

+ BlaqMagiq24 on April 9th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

WILL DOUBLE DIP FOR SURE!!! Loved this on PS3 and now I can get this on PS4 in sweet 1080p! Thank you Sony and ND!!!

+ Wyld3_KNFr on April 9th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

I think I just filled the cup.

+ Roaming_Ryu on April 9th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

There is a pile of cash under my computer monitor from me throwing it.

Naughty Dog, in the last few years you’ve earned my trust and I will continue to support you. I’m purchasing this on Day 1 and recommending it to all my friends. If there is a collector’s edition I’ll be picking that up as well. Keep up the great work.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on April 9th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Predictions:

1) There will be no cross-buy or discounts of any kind, but due to it being one of the most praised games ever on PS3 (and the general lack of PS4 games) it will sell like crazy.
2) The PS3 version will join the IGC roughly a month after launch.

+ gontizzle on April 9th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Can I transfer my PS3 save?
Discount for PS3 copy owners to upgrade?

I have it for PS3, played maybe 30% of it, then fell to the backlog. I’d rather finish on the PS4 if I can.

+ SteveO1683 on April 9th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

While I don’t expect a free upgrade or cross buy support it would be nice to see some sort of upgrade fee for both digital and retail purchasers that still have their physical copy.

+ AstroCyborg on April 9th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

can’t wait day 1 buy for me

+ RobynnDarcy on April 9th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Can’t wait to buy this a second time. One of the best games I’ve ever played.

+ solidsteaktube on April 9th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

First off, I absolutely loved this game. Beat it 3 times. However, as someone who pre-purchased the ps3 version and bought the season pass, i am really disappointed that there is no mention of an upgrade program here. At least sell the game at a discounted rate. Really unfair to expect your fans to pay double for the same game with a face lift.

+ DoTheKiller91 on April 9th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

So we are talking about a remastered version like Tomb Raider right? TLOU already looked like an early next-gen game and now with 1080p plus a bunch of enhancements it will be EPIC!

- Will you integrate the touch pad in the PS4 version?

- Will the future DLC’s be released for the PS4 version?

- All DLC’s on disc?

- 60 FPS i presume?

+ Drew_Croft on April 9th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Same preorder bonuses as re PS3 version. Dumb.
And yay $60 dollars for a makeover, yet everyone *****ed about Tomb Raider.

+ bbrotha on April 9th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

The best news of the day!

+ fuze9 on April 9th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

UGGGHHHH.. No discount for those who paid full price for the game AND season pass, I’m sure. What a kick in the balls.

+ neuropunk on April 9th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

What the hell is everyone’s obsession with this terrible “game” (if this linear interactive movie really has enough gameplay for it to be called a game). All flash and presentation, terrible shallow gameplay and horrible cliche story.

Whatever happened to video games? Video games used to be about gameplay and fun. What happened? What is with all these mediocre AAA one and done 10 hour generic western shooters?

AAAs need to die off so that the video game industry can become great once again.

+ Figboy on April 9th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

Will double dip, no hesitation. Loved it on PS3. Will love it on PS4.

+ Husteen on April 9th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

i didn’t get around to playing the last of us on ps3, but it looks like i won’t have to! the game already looked nice on the ps3, so i can’t wait to see what remastered will look like. will there also be a frame rate bump like tomb raider? …will it also be $60 like tomb raider?

+ DecadanceFantasy on April 9th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

Cool it is coming to the PS4! Never played it on ps3 so maybe one day I’ll pick it up.

+ PrinceofXIII on April 9th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

I hope they implement Left Behind within the single player campaign without having to access it on a separate menu like what Deus Ex Human Revolution Director’s Cut did(need to finish The Missing Link soon)

Also add in Ellie’s outfit from Left Behind to be playabale in single player both on the main story and left behind scenario as well. Basically all costumes should be able to be use at any time(like Uncharted 2 did).

Also add in Gallery Mode please!!! I don’t know why Naughty Dog stop putting gallery modes on their games after Uncharted 2. I want to watch the whole thing again in case i just want to sit back and relax.

Anyways good stuff!! Even though i bought the Left Behind days before the rumors start circling around, i don’t mind buying this for PS4 :)

Also eat your words Eric from Naughty Dog!! Funny how he laughs at the possibility of making a PS4 version, then boom here it is.

+ Nano1124 on April 9th, 2014 at 11:51 am said:

If we pre-order from the PS store we get ALL the bonuses?

100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode

+ asawyer on April 9th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

This is great!! I never got to play it on the PS3. Now I get to play the best version.

+ llLeonhart on April 9th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Can you tell me if there’ll be an collectors edition?

+ RPG_HawK on April 9th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

I hope you won’t get tempted to change the face of any of the people in the game like Tomb Raider did with their Next gen remasterd edition of Lara Croft.

Also those sweet commentary things you mention, will they come for the PS3 edition also, beacuse if there is not some sort of upgrade offer for the PS3 owners, I will just have to youtube those, but fingers crossed for some sort of upgrade offer :)

+ gradeschoolninja on April 9th, 2014 at 11:59 am said:

This was the worst kept secret ever, LOL.

At any rate, can’t wait to try this out. I specifically avoided the PS3 version because I expected a re-release like this.

+ King_Purvis on April 9th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

I would really appreciate that $10 upgrade feature! I really don’t want to buy the game twice, but I would love to be able to play it on a higher resolution. Maybe $15 so it includes the DLC?

+ hewsdaddy on April 9th, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

NOW GRAND THEFT AUTO!

+ kcurlsjr on April 9th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

Please, Sony, show some appreciation to those of us that bought the digital version of the game and the season pass!

Cross-save and Cross-buy

+ ToddlerNaruto on April 9th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

Does this news kill any chance of Naughty Dog releasing a The Last of Us Complete Edition or Game of the Year Edition for PS3?

I doubt I’ll own a PS4 until January 2015 at the earliest, since I still have 50+ PS3 games to buy on my wish list.

+ KapuKapper on April 9th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

This is an awesome thing! Put me in the camp of people who would be ever so grateful if there was some sort of “upgrade” deal for those of us who bought it the first time around. Pleeease?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8