PS4 - Destiny

inFAMOUS Second Son: Sales Surpass 1 Million

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on Apr 10, 2014 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

inFAMOUS Second Son

Just a few short weeks ago we officially released inFAMOUS Second Son, the most recent power-filled adventure from Sucker Punch Productions exclusively for the PlayStation 4 system. Immediately following the title’s announcement over a year ago, it was clear so many of you were eagerly anticipating Second Son’s release, the next installment to the inFAMOUS franchise. It was great to see such a warm reception to the title when it finally hit store shelves last month, and for all of us here at PlayStation and the team at Sucker Punch, it’s been really rewarding to share this launch with all of you. It’s exciting to see so many passionate inFAMOUS fans as you share your gameplay moments across all the social media sites including spectacular screenshots on Twitter and live streams on Twitch and Ustream.

So it comes with great excitement to learn that within the first nine days of launch, global sales of inFAMOUS Second Son exceeded over 1 million units*, making Second Son the fastest selling inFAMOUS title to date!

inFAMOUS Second SoninFAMOUS Second Son

A huge congratulations goes out to the team over at Sucker Punch for creating such a wonderful game, a true testament to their passion as developers and commitment to their fans, and a great big thanks to all of you who have picked up the game and have shown us how you enjoy your powers.

There is still more Second Son to come. If you’ve finished both playthroughs and are still looking for more ways to play, we encourage you to check out inFAMOUS Paper Trail, the free bonus content that continues to expand on the Second Son universe. This six week episodic storyline introduces additional in-game missions that will unravel the mysteries behind the D.U.P. Again, it’s absolutely free for everyone who has a copy of inFAMOUS Second Son and a PlayStation Network account. Part Four releases at the end of the week.

Enjoy (your power)!

*Includes both Blu-ray Disc sell-thru quantities and download version sales on PlayStation Store as of March 29, 2014.

49 Comments

+ Catcher_BR on April 10th, 2014 at 6:06 am said:

oh my congrats, this game is awesome, one copy is mine (digital)

+ jibjab79 on April 10th, 2014 at 6:10 am said:

Probably because that is the only game out for the PS4.

+ Trendy_Kid on April 10th, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

It’s good to see Infamous is doing well. I don’t want the series to go anywhere anytime soon. I hope they release another standalone DLC. I LOVED Festival of Blood.

+ TooLVolta on April 10th, 2014 at 6:31 am said:

:ahem:

PS4 update?

+ remanutd5 on April 10th, 2014 at 6:41 am said:

While i like Knack and Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer i think inFAMOUS Second Son is so far the best game from WWS on the ps4, congrats Sucker Punch, how about you guys bring an exclusive inFAMOUS title to the psvita?

+ FoomMan on April 10th, 2014 at 6:50 am said:

It’s great to hear that the inFamous games are getting some extra exposure and love right now. Second Son deserves all the attention it’s getting- the more people playing these games the better!

+ TomatoDragon on April 10th, 2014 at 6:50 am said:

One of my favorite series from the PS3. I’ve got my copy of Second Son. Just gotta finish Dark Souls 2. Congrats on the sales, Sucker Punch.

+ saab01 on April 10th, 2014 at 6:55 am said:

I wish I had money to buy this game. Unfortunately it looks like it could be more than a year before I would be able to pick up a copy.

:(((

+ Angelshadow_7 on April 10th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

Great playability but weak Story, I loved this franchise after the ultra Twist on the first but from there it has all been down hill, just work on that and you’ll double your sales.

Proud owner of one of those copies (digital).

+ stooby on April 10th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

Well done. Game was ok. Preferred the others though – they had more substance in my opinion.

+ GeoDarky on April 10th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

Well deserved, the game is impressive form gameplay to visuals i had tons of fun with it , SP you earned and am totally gonna buy your next game.

+ SNEED on April 10th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

Great game! Congrats to Sucker Punch.

+ jaydlaw20 on April 10th, 2014 at 7:28 am said:

Happy that sales are high. In my opinion, other then better graphics, the game was a letdown when compared to its predecessors.

+ smoothboarder540 on April 10th, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

The graphics and gameplay are definitely top-notch on this game. The story was okay but there are certainly some flaws. One, the story was much too short. Two, there was very little progression in difficulty/mobs/gameplay. Yes you gained new abilities and upgrades, but they all did virtually the same thing and had the same effectiveness. It may have been intentional to keep the powers on the same general level but I found that kind of boring. I was looking forward to what the new powers could do but was disappointed when they worked just as well as smoke. I’m thinking, why use video when I already fully upgraded neon.

One other little thing was the inconsistency after emotional moments in the story. For example, after getting to Seattle you have this important emotional scene, then once you take control of Delsin he starts joking around. I would just like the Delsin we are controlling to match what is happening in the story at that point in time. You sort of have that at one point in particular (no spoilers) but really only in that moment.

+ CaruthK on April 10th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

I just got my PS4 on Tuesday & picked up Second Son yesterday. I love the game I’m hoping to end it before I go back to work on Son’day lmaoo. Love the game guy keep up the good work.

+ ZAANOS on April 10th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

Platinumed!

Please guys give us a SANDBOX MODE for players that beat the game twice on good and evil karma.

SANDBOX MODE – Complete access to the city, all powers unlocked with every power shard available and resettable to shift from good or bad.. Every DUP structure is reset (ready to be newly destroyed with powers). Easy editor to add additional challenge via spawning in enemy types and setting them up in key locations. Setting additional challenge by creating objectives to take out enemies in creative ways. Ability to share these challenges with other players.

+ Arkafazin on April 10th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

I did enjoy this game as well, but man was it short :/. The first two games were twice as long and a sandbox game like Infamous deserves to have more room to play around with a longer story and bigger map.

+ wasim707 on April 10th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

@jib
Does Microsoft pay you to talk trash? Hows playing those garbage Xbox One games at 720p? 500$ console and mgs,cod aka multiplat games are all 720p on Xbox One. Defending an inferior weak console. How shameful is that. Congrats to SP. well deserved

+ FrostBalrog on April 10th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

This is probably because its the only good PS4 exclusive out right now. I was quite disappointed with how short it was though, I already almost have the Platinum trophy

+ JonJonXD on April 10th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

I can’t wait to hop back in to do an evil playthrough and continue with Paper Trail.

I loved this game.

+ subsamuel01 on April 10th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

I can proudly say I’m one of the million.

+ mastorofpuppetz on April 10th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

@2 really?? Only game out for ps4???? ps4 has more games out and mroe coming then xbox. next 4 weeks we have: MLB the show, FF14, Bound by flame, Daylight. Xbox has…..nothing after titanfall. Ps plus is also giving free games every month on xbox, no games for gold for x1 yet. hope you like 720p.

+ mastorofpuppetz on April 10th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

Sony needs to start banning xbot trolls from blog posts.

+ TomHoang on April 10th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

I really hate the whole “PS4/Xbox has no games” arguments. Do you expect there to be a AAA game released every week? And if the games that are already out don’t interest you, then you really are missing out on history.

I have loved my PS4 so far, with Killzone, Knack, Resogun, Outlast, and Infamous SS as some highlights.

I’m glad to have been one of the million for this game since day 1!

+ blackiemist88 on April 10th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Congrats sucker punch glad to be part of that million! Just got my platinum a few days ago..good game but not the best in the series. Story wasnt very good (esp.the evil playthrough) and I felt infamous 2 was longer..Please have more story dlc or generally more things to do in the city…Seattle looks too beautiful to have it empty after 25+ hours

+ hoard_moard on April 10th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Well deserved Sucker Punch! :)

+ jenyjhon on April 10th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

M­y l­a­­s­t p­a­y c­h­­e­c­k w­a­s $­8­­5­o­o ­w­o­r­k­i­n­g 1­o h­o­u­r­s a w­e­e­k o­n­l­i­n­e­. M­y y­o­u­n­g­e­r b­r­o­t­h­e­r f­r­i­e­n­d h­a­s b­e­e­n a­v­e­r­a­g­i­n­g 1­2­k f­o­r m­o­n­t­h­s ­n­o­w a­n­d h­e w­o­r­k­s a­b­o­u­t 2­2 h­o­u­r­s a w­e­e­k­. I c­a­n­’­t b­e­l­i­e­v­e h­o­w e­a­s­y i­t w­a­s o­n­c­e I t­r­i­e­d i­t o­u­t­. T­h­i­s i­s w­h­a­t I d­o.­.­.­…..­. >>>­­­j­o­b­s­35.ℭℴℳ

+ jenyjhon on April 10th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

M­y l­a­­s­t p­a­y c­h­­e­c­k w­a­s $­8­­5­o­o ­w­o­r­k­i­n­g 1­o h­o­u­r­s a w­e­e­k o­n­l­i­n­e­. M­y y­o­u­n­g­e­r b­r­o­t­h­e­r f­r­i­e­n­d h­a­s b­e­e­n a­v­e­r­a­g­i­n­g 1­2­k f­o­r m­o­n­t­h­s ­n­o­w a­n­d h­e w­o­r­k­s a­b­o­u­t 2­2 h­o­u­r­s a w­e­e­k­. I c­a­n­’­t b­e­l­i­e­v­e h­o­w e­a­s­y i­t w­a­s o­n­c­e I t­r­i­e­d i­t o­u­t­. T­h­i­s i­s w­h­a­t I d­o.­..­.­…..­. >>>­­­j­o­b­s­35.ℭℴℳ

+ AssaultMonkey150 on April 10th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

Also, if anyone from Sony is reading this, what the HELL happened to Planetside 2? Your SOE team had a big press conference yesterday about H1Z1 and no mention about how a PS4 launch title isn’t here 6 months later?

+ tonydamiani on April 10th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

Congratulations Sucker Punch! Can’t wait for DLC’s for this game. I love the Paper Trail add-on. But I want to explore more on how the world change since Cole die. More trophies its a +

+ Welmosca on April 10th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Congratulations to SP…they must be really flattered…thanks to Sony that gave them this chance to shine…they never were ones to come with a technical marvel…although infamous 2 had the best open-world graphics and great animations,it was really underrated….now its really cool to see how Second Son is faring out there…Second Son will have some months to keep going until The Order is out and new Uncharted showed.

Gotta say great job SP…Second Son is a 3rd reason for me to buy a PS4.

PS:Whats going on PSBlog team?….we got spammers free to do their thing now?

+ CrusaderForever on April 10th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

Congratulations SP! The game is a lot of fun. Hero has been solved and I am now on my inFAMOUS play through. Thanks for all your hard work on this great PS4 exclusive!

+ KazeEternal on April 10th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

@jibjab79
Tell that to my back log. Plenty to play on PS4 and plenty to come.

+ Tayls129 on April 10th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Huge congrats to Sucker Punch and Sony. You guys have made me feel more badass with this game than I have in a long, long time. Excellent work is rewarded!

+ lisatsunami on April 10th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

I’m with @7, I can’t stop with Dark Souls 2 yet but I love my replica Delsin magenta beanie and often wear it. No problems with washing it, in case some people are concerned.

+ YorlecmNwahs on April 10th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

YESSSSS!!!!
I smell a sequel.

+ YorlecmNwahs on April 10th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

Want ModNation Racers 2?

Go to Google

Search “ModNation Racers 2 for PS4 petition”

Click on the second result.

Sign the petition please.

+ D-Squad3 on April 10th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

New ip please

+ tusunami on April 10th, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

Glad i picked up my collectors ed. now I gotta play it at some point lol.

+ Sarges24 on April 10th, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

I’d love to play Paper Trail but for whatever reason I can’t continue it. I go to the next mission game and it tells me access the 3 items. I can’t tell you how many times I have on both my laptop and Sony Z tablet. I finally got fed up and quite trying. Good thing this was optional and didn’t count toward my Platinum…. That being said, loved the game. Get on the next installment already!

+ duke301 on April 10th, 2014 at 7:21 pm said:

I picked up Second Son day one, and it is a truly great game, it definitely lives up to the hype in my opinion. The only trouble is that I barely have time to play it! It’s already been more than a week since I last turned it on. I just signed up for Paper Trail, and with any luck I’ll find some time over weekend to play for a few hours.

+ Guimace on April 10th, 2014 at 8:33 pm said:

Congrats! I really want to try this game, but I have other games to finish for now. Final Fantasy X HD taking quite some time to Platinum, eh.

+ finaler on April 10th, 2014 at 9:06 pm said:

Congratulations. This was my first inFamous game I actually played but I could already tell it looked much better than the first two. It is a really good game. It’s beautiful, the gameplay is fun, and of course, I love the comedy they had in it. It’s the multiple different powers you get instead of just elec that had me sold in terms of gameplay. Also saw a nice looking video of it being made about how much they put into the audio and looks.

+ kevinpie12345678 on April 11th, 2014 at 2:20 am said:

Not surprised over 1 million copies have been sold already. wouldn’t be surprised if they got to 10 million by the end of the year after they have restocked on ps4’s. I beat the game and I think its awesome I think well see a lot more second son bundles being sold in the summer.

+ Veridis_Quo on April 11th, 2014 at 4:00 am said:

Congrats on the sales, I’m happy to say that I am part of that 1 million+. Looking forward to the InFamous Second Son sountrack app for the PS4!

+ jenyjhon on April 11th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

WORK WITH GOOGLE online, seriously I couldn’t be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in 50h and sometimes even as much as 80h…heres a good example of what I’m doing………..j­ℴ­ℬ­s­35.ℭℴℳ

+ Kong_Angantyr on April 11th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

I played a little of the first game, but just never really got into it. Second Son, on the other hand, sucked me right in. I Just started my evil play-through after finishing the good path, should knock out the platinum on it before too long.

As for the length, it seems about right to me when you factor in that you should really play through it twice to experience both karma paths/stories.

Congrats on your success, Sucker Punch!

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on April 16th, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

Congrats. I haven’t played it yet. But I will.

+ Banky74 on May 6th, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

Congrats, Sucker Punch. Very well deserved sales (one of them is mine).

I’m going to 2nd another poster on here: How about an Infamous game for the Vita? Heck, I’d be happy for just a port of the original Infamous for my Vita. Take my money please.