No Man's Sky

GTA Online Capture Creator Update Now Available

R*Q's Avatar + Posted by R*Q on Apr 11, 2014 //

GTA V Online

Hey, PlayStation.Blog readers. We just want to let you know that the Capture Creator Update is now available as a free update to GTA Online, allowing you to create your own original customized Capture Jobs, adding on to the over 4 million player-created Deathmatches and Races created thus far.

Capture is a GTA twist on classic capture the flag style confrontations set across the massive world of Los Santos and Blaine County. Strategically place pick-ups, define weaponry, location and lots of other variables to make your own unique Capture Job for others to take on. We will also be reviewing your homemade Capture creations to stamp standout experiences as Rockstar Verified.

We’re also extending the 2X GTA$ and RP period that was originally scheduled to end today through next week – so playing any Capture Jobs, including those made with the Creator tools, will earn you twice as much GTA$ and RP until the end of the day on Sunday, April 20th.

As a little bonus for early birds in the community who are planning to make the first Capture creation masterpieces this weekend, we’re going to give 4 creators the opportunity to score a cool $GTA1,000,000 and the exclusive in-game CAPTURE license plate in the #CaptureWeekend Awards. The four official selections will also join the hallowed ranks of Rockstar Verified Jobs and be invited to join us on a future Rockstar Games live broadcast on Twitch to play through and talk about their creations.

GTA V Online

Head to the Rockstar Newswire for more info.

29 Comments

+ snakeeyes211 on April 11th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

Grand theft Sleepytime zZZz

+ snakeeyes211 on April 11th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

I love grand theft auto 5 but you guys are adding stuff that should’ve been there from the beginning

+ Angelshadow_7 on April 11th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

I love grand theft Auto but not coming back until CJ DLC appears :D

Have you deal with the online bullies so far?, that’s what got me out.

+ CanaryIsles on April 11th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

what a bull… who is supposed to play 4 million matches ? you think your fans are cashcows and buy sharkcards the problem is your game isnt fun….. it lost all the fun when you removed QUICK REPLAY of the missions we enjoyed.. without load times and without menus… this game sucks now, its a beautiful world with nothing to do (or 4 million times the same xyz mission, lol). Bring quick replay back and me and my friends might play some duct tape again. THAT WAS FUN YOU TOOK IT FROM US

+ italodancemp3 on April 11th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

Oh R*Q you come back?

Any PS Vits news? GTA for Vita?

Please don’t come back again till bring your good news for Vita

If you want my or our money,you better do something new.

+ Mo-green28 on April 11th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

I honestly want to play GTA5 but every time I turn on my PS3 I just turn my PS4 on without playing anything,(I think it’s the controller difference) R* please hurry with the PS4 or PSVita port.

+ hazelcabug on April 11th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

Any news for vita exclusive gta title? I am pretty sure it will be a system seller worldwide. Have faith there are many potential buyers around the world. PS vita is not region locked so even rockstar wont localized it to other regions, I’m pretty sure it will be worldwide fan will switch to r1 psn account and purchase it digitally.

+ Talesgirl016 on April 11th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Forget VITA, Please BRING GTA 5 to PS4!

+ Talesgirl016 on April 11th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Dear Rockstar, Please release GTA 5 on PS4! in 1080p

+ hazelcabug on April 11th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

lol “forget VITA” troll account always troll…

+ YungShep on April 11th, 2014 at 12:54 pm said:

i actually forgot i own this….ps4 got too much of my time. do it R*

+ Gamerzlimited on April 11th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

I don’t play this game as much as I used to, but I don’t think anyone cares about this game once Watch Dogs comes out.

+ materclobber on April 11th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4! GTA 5 on PS4!

+ Sgt_0951 on April 11th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

The online eventually became such a disappointment for me. Its really the single player that keeps me playing these days and you can only replay that for so long, so my other games find a way to get priority in my limited gaming time.

I miss Midnight Club.

+ meltedwolf on April 11th, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

I can’t play now that quick replay is gone i take more time loading and regrouping than playing. Why was it removed? You want to detour players from farming the same jobs, when in actuality, your detouring people to play something other than GTA. It’s too bad I loved playing it as it’s map is based around SoCal where I live. They did a great job on it.

+ tusunami on April 11th, 2014 at 4:26 pm said:

Patience for GTA5 on the PS4 its coming believe it this is good to see more free dlc for those that complain about nothing.

+ PainOfSarrow on April 11th, 2014 at 5:36 pm said:

online is a Grind. there for im not into it. single player content is is everything to me.

+ july161986 on April 11th, 2014 at 8:25 pm said:

You know this really bugs me when i see people saying that they are waiting for the ps4 port to this game. Apparently people just dont listen when rockstar said repeatedly that there is, was or never will be any plans to put this on the ps4, so drop it people. Also are there any word on when the bank heist will be up.

+ jose213jose on April 11th, 2014 at 9:12 pm said:

I have been playing GTA games sense it came out and GTAV is pretty good but as far goes for GTA Online it really blows. Why it blows? Matchmaking isn’t good at all, auto-invites = super bad, gameplay is just so right but alot of cheaters who use aimbot to get perfect headsets which should be impossible for most gamers unless there are super skilled and have fast network. My time spent on GTA Online up to now is okay but it needed alot of work to fix the bug problems like cheaters using aimbot and in-game problems which I’m 100% sure Rockstar knows but are doing nothing about it.

GTA Online Shark Cards are 100% rip-off; you should get this amount for $50 = 50,000,000, $20 = 20,000,000, $10 = 10,000,000, $5 = 5,000,000 and not the way its set up now. Real Life Money doesn’t grow on the tree for rip-offs company to offer bad deals on in-game money.

Overall GTA Online needs alot of work and I’m not hating on you rock stars at all; just pointing out some problems for you.

+ NeoRaidenX on April 12th, 2014 at 12:26 am said:

Second. For GTA on PSVita. Not that it will ever happen, it’s a shame. Bought and really enjoyed the PSP GTA games.

+ juggalorider on April 12th, 2014 at 3:13 am said:

@july1611986 when did rock* say that it won’t ever be on ps4? i remember them saying that they had no plans on releasing it on ps4 yet an if they don’t I’m gonna have to buy a new ps3 just for GTA5 even thro i rather have it on ps4. the controller is way better an i could upload crazy vids that i can’t normally do

+ Ai-Moore on April 12th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

If were lucky enough well get a HD remix of san andreas at the least lol

+ Demonic_Clown on April 12th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

All you guys do is ruin anything fun in the game anyways.

No firetruck hoses, no tank sniping, no fun non-violent glitches like the mountain bike jump, no hacker money which let the players actually have FUN.

Now your game is a grind fest and I’m glad people are seeing you for what you’ve become EA*.

+ AutoModder on April 12th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

#1 @Demonic_Clown us modder never gave out free money people that didnt have a jailbreak was using dnc servers and giving out money because us modder have to pay for things and people with out dont so we charge for money. #2 R* haves a great game ea have madden and battle field also great games but your talking smack about someone else game but wheres yours?
#3 if you want money get a jailbreak!

Sybscribe @ AutoModder

+ Matrix_Lion on April 13th, 2014 at 6:22 pm said:

Thuggin’ & Buggin’

+ THA_STARKILLER on April 14th, 2014 at 5:41 am said:

Capture Creator Mode is Great. I thoroughly enjoy making Capture Missions for Fun & Playing them with Friends. Tagging Created Capture Missions with #CaptureWeekend was supposed to Enter the Creation into an in-game Contest, but Re-Editing a Capture to fix or refine something else would Delete the Tags & leave the Rest of the Created Capture Intact, making Noticing this Bug near Impossible. These Problems have persisted past the in-game Contest’s Submission Time. I feel that these Issues with Tags in relation to Saving while Re-Editing should be resolved & the #CaptureWeekend Contest should be extended so the Best Captures can be Accepted & seen by Everyone.

I’ve contacted Rockstar using all Online Channels Provided on the Social Club including Twitter(R* recommendation)
If You feel the same, feel free to Copy any of my above statement & send it to R* aswell.

+ ExecutorE_ on April 19th, 2014 at 5:07 am said:

This is Ultimate Carnage http://rsg.ms/1mkA9xc

+ West2DaSouf on April 20th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

we need an update to create our own missions! that would be awwweesssooommmeeee

+ MrChicagoWind on May 5th, 2014 at 6:47 pm said:

Love your game R*Q ! I would love to one day see a Grand Theft Auto that can be beaten without killing a single person. That s**t would be a bloody fun challenge.