PS4-Watch_Dogs

Retro Import Hyper Crazy Climber Out Next Week

Ryan Olsen's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Olsen on Apr 11, 2014 // PR Manager, MoneyPaw Games

Hyper Crazy Climber PSone Classic

MonkeyPaw Games has another import retro title ready. You better have a good grip because you’ll be climbing your way to the stratosphere. Our newest game is Hyper Crazy Climber, a series that has roots all the way back to the start of arcades.

Hyper Crazy Climber is a sequel to Crazy Climber. As you likely guessed, with Hyper Crazy Climber the challenges are more hyper, crazier, and climb…ier.

The goal for each level is to start at the bottom of a tower and navigate the level while avoiding obstacles to reach the top. It might not sound too difficult, but that isn’t the case at all.The controls were designed to be difficult to master, and you’ll need to operate the left and right side of your character independently to reach the summits. It’ll take expert hand-eye coordination to gracefully climb your way to the peak of beanstalks, clock towers, and other tall structures.

Hyper Crazy Climber PSone ClassicHyper Crazy Climber PSone Classic

Hyper Crazy Climber originally launched in Japan in 1996 for the PSone. It’s a continuation of the arcade games, and the first time a new entry in the Crazy Climber series found a home on consoles. Here are some gaming fun facts: the Crazy Climber series was the first video game to ever feature a character climbing or scaling large structures — and this is the first time Hyper Crazy Climber will be available in North America.

Starting April 15th, you’ll be able to download the game from PlayStation Store for your PS3 and PS Vita as a cross buy title.

+ CapJSheridan on April 11th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

Looks… crazy

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 11th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

So crazy

+ DJBennett1985 on April 11th, 2014 at 7:20 am said:

Looks… hyper

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 11th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

The hyper-est!

+ KiXaLoT on April 11th, 2014 at 7:24 am said:

I imported this game on PS one back in the day. Fantastic game. I can’t wait to play it again.

+ reson8er on April 11th, 2014 at 7:25 am said:

Monkey Paw is Awesome. Keep up the great work!

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 11th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

Many thanks! What are your favorite games you’ve seen of ours so far?

+ colef10 on April 11th, 2014 at 7:25 am said:

Looks… climber

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 11th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Such climb-ier

+ shadow71 on April 11th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

OMG! OLD SCHOOL!!!! =D

+ Cthulhu on April 11th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

How about Crazy Climber 2000 since that version includes the original arcade port?

+ plaztiksyke on April 11th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

I like how your PS1 emulator is native to the Vita and not running on top of the PSP emulation. The controls feel more responsive to me, and I could swear the graphics look a little better. (Maybe due to less downscaling to PSP resolution, then back up to Vita resolution?)

I bought Tomba a few weeks ago, and I knew the game was Japanese, but I assumed the digital manual would have been translated or include extra pages in English. Nope! :(

I’m interested in this game and the Firemen game from a few weeks ago, but want to make sure I won’t have to quit the game to watch youtube videos to figure out the gameplay. Are there plans to patch these games with digital manuals that include english translations?

Also, since you’re using a Vita-native PS1 emulator, would it be possible to include upscaling and AA of the 3D components like the open source PS1 emulators do? (Even Bleem did this nearly 15 years ago.) The bilinear filter included in your PS1 emulator just doesn’t cut it when the sharper/superior hq3x and 2xSaI have been used in open source emulators for more than a decade.

Looking forward to more games, Thanks!

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 11th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

For Tomba! 2, check out our site. We posted an entire walkthrough of the game plus translated menu controls.

The Firemen 2 isn’t as text heavy as Tomba! 2 so you can get a good sense of what is going on. Likewise, we always post menu and button options on our site under each game’s page.

Hope that helps!

+ Frodomec on April 11th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

That was my very first game for PS1 back in 1997.
So much memories…

+ jenyjhon on April 11th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

WORK WITH GOOGLE online, seriously I couldn’t be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in 50h and sometimes even as much as 80h…heres a good example of what I’m doing……………..j­ℴ­ℬ­s­35.ℭℴℳ

+ FearMonkey on April 11th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Looks amazing. Surprised I never heard of this game before now. Totally right up my alley. :)

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 11th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

True to it’s name, it’s pretty crazy. You’ll need to find a rhythm with the controls to reach the top of the level. Just remember, there are only tall structures, no alleys ;)

+ Welmosca on April 11th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Hey good news…I thought you guys were done with the imports….this is another game that I missed on PS1…and damn it looks fun….already got too much games to play but I can’t help it…I might just be getting this.Looks really fun.

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 11th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

Done with imports? There are so many games that never made it out of Japan that are incredible! Why would we stop? :)

+ Gamerzlimited on April 11th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

About time Hyper Crazy Climber comes. I thought it would take longer to come on PSN.

I don’t know if you’ll ever do PS2 imports since there isn’t one on PSN, but please consider Tetsujin 28-Gou.

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 11th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

We are open to all kinds of imports! Thanks for your suggestion. We’ll add that to the list of games to checkout to see if it is possible to bring over

+ GISkid on April 11th, 2014 at 3:11 pm said:

Suggestion for import: Tobal 2.

Both of the Tobal games we’re amazing and underrated fighting games. The second one never made it outside of japan.

+ TrueRadiantFree on April 11th, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

Hey guys, thanks for adding more PSOne classics to the store so I can play them on my Vita. Can you guys import Raystorm and the Ray series of shooters in general? Thanks!

+ tusunami on April 11th, 2014 at 4:17 pm said:

Awe yes the imports have returned glad to see there back i hope this won’t be the last of them. See what I did right there I made a reference to the last of us.

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 12th, 2014 at 6:37 pm said:

And hopefully that won’t be your last pun!

+ Punk1984 on April 11th, 2014 at 7:06 pm said:

How much would I have to beg for you guys to bring over the “Ganbare Goemon” PlayStation games?

+ Hooligantuan on April 11th, 2014 at 9:19 pm said:

Fun Fact: “the Crazy Climber series was the first video game to ever feature a character climbing or scaling large structures”

Funner Fact: Rampage came out in 1986.

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 12th, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

Crazy Climber came out in 1980 as a coin-op game

+ Hooligantuan on April 11th, 2014 at 9:20 pm said:

… and then I realize that this game came out in 1996, but wasn’t the *first* in the series. So that makes me …

… well, Rampage coming out in 1986 is still true and still a pretty fun fact. Ehhhh.

(Whoopsadaisy.)

+ LightningFox29 on April 12th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

The original CC predated Fire Trap? I guess it did.

CC 2000 would have been interesting, though, since it had multi-sided structures, like Fire Trap.

Ryan Olsen's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on April 12th, 2014 at 6:54 pm said:

Yeah, the original Crazy Climber is one of the first coin-ops out there!

+ Illustr8rG on April 14th, 2014 at 12:20 pm said:

Crazy Climber rules the ruins with passion and pain. This wasn’t the best version of CC out there but any Crazy Climber beats none at all.

+ PrimeroIncognito on April 14th, 2014 at 8:58 pm said:

Its always funny when someone tries to look knowledgeable/bad-ass/intelligent/superior with a smart-ass comment but end up shooting themselves in the foot. I love it.

+ PrinceofXIII on April 20th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

Getting this for sure :)

Awesome stuff!!

+ reflexusa on May 4th, 2014 at 11:57 pm said:

I had Crazy Climber and Firetrap arcade games, I played the game so hard in the early days I had blisters on both hands!! I also had Crazy Climber 2000 import for the ps1, I remember having Hyper too, If I remember correctly gold eggs would come out hidden randomly around , but I forget what happens when you get them all. I know it was something special. How funny that I was searching for more info on CC2000, that brought me to find this out about HyperCC!! Right on Monkey Paw!! maybe you could port over the slot machines like Aristocrat sim “Heart of Vegas” or WMS sim “Super Jackpot Party Casino” from facebook, that would be a biggie I guess. Thanks !!!