PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Celebrate Warframe’s Anniversary With a Free Weapon

Pat Kudirka's Avatar + Posted by Pat Kudirka on Apr 14, 2014 // Associate Producer, Digital Extremes

Warframe

While the Digital Extremes team works towards deploying Update 13 on PS4, we’re making a quick pit stop to celebrate how far Warframe has come in its first year with a special anniversary edition of Tenno Reinforcements. Although your Tenno brethren on PC had a head start earlier in the year, PS4 Tenno hit the ground running right at launch. Incredible.

1st Anniversary Edition DEX FURIS

In celebration of Warframe’s first year, and to thank all who have helped build Warframe into what it is today, The Lotus is gifting each Tenno with a First Anniversary Edition of the DEX FURIS. Featuring an accurate high fire rate and low recoil, this Lotus-themed weapon also includes an additional weapon slot and is super-charged with a catalyst.

To claim this gift, PS4 players simply log in to Warframe before 11:00 AM Pacific on April 21st and open the inbox message, and the weapon will automatically be added to your Arsenal.

Warframe on PS4: Dex Furis

Excalibur Proto-Armor Skin

Also, marking this special occasion, the Excalibur Proto-Armor Skin has been unearthed. Available for a limited time only, this ancient skin is a reflection of Tenno past. Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating the relic point to ancient origins, perhaps even pre-dating the Orokin Empire.

Visit the in-game Market to purchase and add this limited time skin to your Arsenal today. Available now through 11:00 AM Pacific on April 21st.

Update 13: Dark Sectors

We’re just a few weeks away from Update 13 deploying on PS4, which is quite possibly our largest update to date. There’s a new Water-based Warframe called Hydroid, new Weapons, new Sentinels, a crazy new boss battle, the unveiling of the Dark Sectors solar rail system, and so much more. I’m getting excited just typing this out — Update 13 is epic!

This massive update will not disappoint you, my friends, as it’s not only full of tons of new content, but also some surprises specifically tailored to the PS4 community. I dare not spill the beans just yet as we’re adding in some final touches, but I’ll have more information for you in the coming weeks.

Enjoy your FREE gift Tenno, we appreciate your support and love on the PS4. Until next time!

Pat Kudirka's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on April 14th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

NINJAAAAAAAAS.

+ chsnavi on April 14th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

Nice, Thanks for the free gift. Games awesome by the way.

@Clements – Beyond.

+ KwietStorm on April 14th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

Please raise the volume on the controller speaker back to where it was before the last update. It’s too low now.

Can’t wait for update 13. I watched the developer live stream, and you guys pretty much added everything I’ve been wanting to see. I wish coming weeks meant tomorrow.

+ Elvick_ on April 14th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Have you added remote play control customization?

Pat Kudirka's Avatar

+ Pat Kudirka on April 14th, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

Hi Elvick,

This update doesn’t include Remote Play customization but this is on our radar. Update 13 is just around the corner and you might be pleasantly surprised with what’s in store.

Thanks for playing!

+ Dark_Yoda_313 on April 14th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

Been seriously addicted to this recently and having an awesome time with it, bought the Rhino Prime pack, worth every cent. Long may it continue!

+ CaruthK on April 14th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

I like this game & I want to get into it more,but no one to play it with & people online never use headsets. I have 5 headsets I don’t know why other don’t use them. Good game BTW

You guys if need someone to play with just add me or shoot me a massage.

+ TomatoDragon on April 14th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

Very cool. I’ve been loving this game.

+ viceforce on April 14th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

Been addictive to this game since they added trophy support. Happy to say I got all the trophies (including all the update trophies) Looking for a new event to grind some Grineer on.

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 14th, 2014 at 12:47 pm said:

Just got my PS4 last week, but have yet to check this game out. Looks like I definitely need to now before the 21st!

+ Welmosca on April 14th, 2014 at 12:50 pm said:

I’m against every MMO….potential wasted….but this is the only online only game that I’m interested in and looking forward to play when I get a PS4…free stuff is always welcome.Good job guys.

+ ExcessDan on April 14th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

I really like this game but was disappointed with the last event after changes to the key system were made I think in one of the last version 12 updates. Even if my game is set to public, when I use a key (like the 2 ciphers from the recent Vay Hek event), my game doesn’t get populated with other users and it is basically set to an invite only mode. To get around this, I have to try and manipulate the interface to spam a chat clearly developed for PC players to try and lure some random people into a game for the next 30-60 minutes. I ended up not bothering as it was a let down and I find myself playing less. This doesn’t seem like a great way to do it on the console where matchmaking is king.

+ Elvick_ on April 14th, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

Thanks for the response! Love the game.

+ DoTheKiller91 on April 14th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

I downloaded the game a few days ago and i haven’t played anything else since.

+ DoTheKiller91 on April 14th, 2014 at 3:14 pm said:

The game reminds me of Killzone Borderlands and Ninja Gaiden.

+ dacalo on April 14th, 2014 at 5:45 pm said:

Is DE looking into FPS issues for PS4? I have logged over 200 hours on PS4 version and have spent a good chunk of money supporting DE but the FPS issues especially during survival levels are just atrocious. Just a couple of days ago, I tried Warframe on my PC and I was blown away how smooth the gameplay is compared to the PS4 version. I hope some optimization is on the radar.

Pat Kudirka's Avatar

+ Pat Kudirka on April 15th, 2014 at 6:17 am said:

Hi dacalo,

Digital Extremes is looking into the FPS issues and will continue to make improvements as Warframe expands. We’re always keeping up with the reports in our forums and look into as many optimization solutions as possible. U13 will have our latest wave of optimizations, which include “universal” savings across the entire game.

We appreciate the feedback and will continue to investigate any reports that come in. Thank you for your Warframe support, we hope you continue to keep playing!

+ Shadow_Enz on April 14th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

Does this mean we’re finally caught up with the PC version?! Can this be true?! This may be fantastic news!

+ EbOuNcE88 on April 14th, 2014 at 8:11 pm said:

Is there something i’m missing or what??? I gave it a try and it just seems like you do the same thing over and over… Ill admit, I only got to level 6 or 7 on first world, but it was boring to me.. This is just my opinion What gives? Why do you hardcore fans like so much

+ Hooligantuan on April 14th, 2014 at 8:28 pm said:

Rocking the Proto-Armor Excalibur, loving the Dex Furis, still throwing Formae onto the Gorgon Wraith from Tethra’s Doom.

Warframe is one of the strongest F2P games I’ve ever played. I’m sure I’ll be around to see what comes along next anniversary.

+ andre_elias on April 14th, 2014 at 8:41 pm said:

Let’s hope we can play with our friends that use the PC to game. I’ve heard many times that cross-play between PC and PS4 is possible, but I don’t know any game that allow us to do that yet! :\

+ ZeroSection on April 14th, 2014 at 10:41 pm said:

Had a go with the Dex Furis and they’re actually a better side arm then the Akstiletto’s from clan research. I just dunno if I want to splurge 150pl on a skin for a warframe I hardly use. I like the skin though.

+ ClawOfTheFallen on April 15th, 2014 at 5:52 am said:

I have been LOVING the melee 2.0
Warframe has become one of my favorite games ever and I’ll never forget all the awesomeness.

+ ArgyleMonkey on April 15th, 2014 at 6:32 am said:

I have been taking a break from the game for the past couple of months (had to make myself stop cold turkey so I could play something else!) but it sounds like I’ll be diving back in in a couple of weeks. :) Thanks for the awesome game guys (and the free weapon) – really looking forward to seeing what the new update brings!

+ JoeCamNet on April 15th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Wonderful. I just start getting into Warframe and now there’s a free weapon offer and where is my console? At Sony, being repaired.
I REALLY hope I get it back before this offer is up. I’ll be pretty bummed if having a defective console makes me miss out.

+ Nobody_Roxas on April 15th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

@EbOuNcE88 I felt the same way but when you find a frame and weapons that you like and build up and make your own, it gets really good. Repetitive, but still fun.

+ DoTheKiller91 on April 15th, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

So i heard next update will contain melee 2.0? I saw some videos on YouTube, it’s going to be epic, i want a Dragon Nikana NAO!

+ HippeusOmega on April 15th, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

Is the skin free that is in the anniversary pack?

Pat Kudirka's Avatar

+ Pat Kudirka on April 15th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

Hi HippeusOmega,

Just the Dex Furis (dual wielding secondary weapon) is the FREE anniversary offer. The Excalibur Proto-Armor skin has to be purchased in the Market, but is set for a limited time. Hopefully you like both – enjoy the Dex Furis!

+ DemonSlayer129- on April 16th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Hi, will the update include being able to play with pc gamers and ps4 gamers that would be amazing cross platform servers.

+ brandon-423 on April 16th, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

so can we get some kind of date maybe when the udate 13 is coming i love the game between warframe and assassin creed is all i really like to play but im only asking cause i am waiting to see in my downloads wframe updated and click on it and its update 13 thank you and love prime time too

+ LouTheVI on April 17th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

Got this and AC4 when I bought my PS4 in January. Haven’t played anything on any system since. AC4 is just gathering dust, as is my PS3. Great game.

+ GREIVER829 on April 21st, 2014 at 5:09 pm said:

Why did we not just get 12.6 instead of hotfix 12.4.6? at least we would have something to level. I am at max rank before pc got the update, please help

+ talosman on April 21st, 2014 at 5:50 pm said:

unable to claim the free anniversary gun due to PSN down for maintenance for most of today, tried to sign in 30 mins before deadline. Wasn’t able to log in at all. Please consider extending the offer.

+ Shaggiy on May 6th, 2014 at 8:19 pm said:

Hi pat I was wondering if you could let us all know when the cert was going to be completed and U13 was rolling out.

+ Dark-Chaos-87 on May 10th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Actually, I am a little disappointed. I can’t charge my melee weapon anymore. There’s no “controller button layout” anywhere.