PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Apr 14

Apr 14

PS Vita: Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, Oreshika Confirmed for N. America

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Today we’re really happy to announce a trio of brand new PS Vita games from our JAPAN Studio: Soul Sacrifice Delta, an expanded edition of last year’s acclaimed dark fantasy adventure; dystopian action RPG Freedom Wars; and stunning JRPG Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.

Soul Sacrifice Delta will be first to arrive on May 13th, and we’ll confirm more details around Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Freedom Wars in the coming months. For now, I’ll hand over to the games’ respective producers to tell you more about each title. And then later today look out for an interview with JAPAN Studio chief Allan Becker.

Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Soul Sacrifice Delta is the ultimate edition of Soul Sacrifice with tons of new content and improvements. Grim, the faction who believes in neutrality in all things, joins the blood thirsty Avalon and the merciful Sanctuary, and adds a third angle to bring the Delta in Soul Sacrifice. Grim’s beliefs, rooted in the prophecy they will seek to realise, will bring about irrevocable changes to the world as we know it.

The concept of faction is now at the heart of the game with players able to join the side of their choice, each with their own strengths and play styles. Players from each faction can now register their overall progress.

Soul Sacrifice Delta brings a lot of new content as well, with new Archfiends inspired by dark retellings of classic fairy tales, new sorcerers, arenas, spells and even more quests.

We have also made many improvements to the game design and systems: the graphics engine has been optimized, some arenas are now dynamic with weather effects and structural changes during battle, the spells system has been refined and allows for more collaborative and deeper gameplay.

Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice Delta on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita

We’ve also improved the AI of the Archfiends, who are now more vicious than ever. Finally, we’ve taken character customization to a new level, with the ability to mix custom parts and accessories.

Save data from Soul sacrifice including story progression, costumes, offerings, sigils, black rites, life/soul essence and lacrima (up to 10,000) will carry over to Soul Sacrifice Delta! So, if you transfer your save data from Soul Sacrifice, the story progression will carry over and you can continue on with your adventure in Soul Sacrifice Delta.

So that’s Soul Sacrifice Delta in a nutshell, but please stay tuned for more information soon. – Kumi Yuasa

Freedom Wars on PS Vita

Freedom Wars

We’re excited to finally announce that Freedom Wars is coming to North America! Some of you may have caught wind of the team working on this title, but JAPAN Studio, Shift and Dimps have joined forces to create an action-packed RPG on PlayStation Vita!

Freedom Wars is set in a dystopian world which harbors prisoners, each with a million-year sentence set from birth. You take on the role of a prisoner, forced to fight for your freedom by completing rescue missions that will reduce your seemingly insurmountable prison sentence.

Freedom Wars on PS VitaFreedom Wars on PS Vita

Supported by a robust multiplayer suite, up to four players can play via Ad-Hoc and eight players via Online to fight civilian Abducters; the more civilians you set free, the shorter your sentence becomes. In addition to the challenging co-op gameplay, you’ll be pleased to know that the game has many customizable features ranging from weapon load-outs to the protagonist itself! Check out our new trailer and make sure to stay tuned for more news on Freedom Wars, launching later this year! – Dais Kawaguchi

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on PS Vita

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Next up we have Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines which is one that you JRPG fans need to have on your radar. “What does ‘Oreshika’ mean?”, I hear you cry. Actually the full title in Japanese is ‘Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke’ which means something along the lines of ‘Go Forth Over My Dead Body’.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on PS VitaOreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

In case you haven’t guessed it by now it’s an RPG in which you take charge of an ancient Japanese clan that have been cursed with a maximum lifespan of just 2 years. Your task is to lead the clan on their quest to lift the curse and enlist the help of gods inspired by Japanese mythology to make sure each new generation of the clan is more powerful than the last.

We’ve got some screenshots to show off the beautiful Japanese art style of the characters and environments, but it looks even more fantastic on the PS Vita screen! We’ve got lots more details to share on this one very soon so stay tuned. – Tomoyo Kimura

Add Your Own

Dinoegg_96 said:

April 14th, 1:06 pm

Are all of those games retail or digital release???

Shedagilos said:

April 14th, 1:19 pm

Freedom Wars looks really really good! Day 1 purchase. Its great to see Vita get more non indie games developed for the platform. Nothing against indie games, however it is not what I purchased my launch Vita for!!!

chrisgomez3030 said:

April 14th, 1:19 pm

so much exited for the three of them!!! especially for freedom wars which i will be buying day 1.

Tinye310 said:

April 14th, 1:23 pm

Holy crap this is great! Wait time doesn’t matter to me. I love you sony long time! VITA for life :D

Zephram said:

April 14th, 1:26 pm

I don’t want to sound negative, but these games seem little more than glorified fighting games, of which the PSP and Vita are awash.

What I wouldn’t pay for a new Breath of Fire, Azure Dreams, Suikoden, Dark Cloud, Xenogears (xenosaga),Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy – PS1 style, Castlevania – PS1 style, etc…

Shedagilos said:

April 14th, 1:33 pm

I meant non indie exclusive games for the platform. This is what Vita is sorely missing. Games that you cannot play anywhere else, except on Vita!!!

reson8er said:

April 14th, 1:34 pm

Great news, and these look to be some high quality games. Very much looking forward to SS Delta myself.

Shadow_Raskolnik said:

April 14th, 1:46 pm

Please let there be retail releases for all three of these games, that’s all I’m asking otherwise this announcement means nothing to me.

JSventoraGD said:

April 14th, 1:58 pm

Please give us the ability to stream our Vita through our PS4. These games look great!

Sonicfan11589 said:

April 14th, 2:05 pm

I have he?rd the European version of Soul Sacrifice Delta will be digital ONLY. Will there be a retail version for us Americans?

avluis said:

April 14th, 2:11 pm

Don’t know what some are crying about, its new games!
Excited for all three!

PsienceWins said:

April 14th, 2:14 pm

Freedom Wars sounds like Deadman Wonderland. I’m in.

XerveX said:

April 14th, 2:25 pm

I am not surprised about the Soul Sacrifice and the freedom wars. But I WAS SURPRISED THAT Orishika is coming to west… WOOOHOOOO

tyjh said:

April 14th, 2:25 pm

All of them look great! Yay for more Vita love! :)

CrazyOza said:

April 14th, 2:36 pm

Looks great, I especially look forward to Oreshika! If it gets the original voice acting, I’ll buy it day one! Freedom Wars too, I want my android to call me Aniki :)

purse317 said:

April 14th, 2:47 pm

Remote play os great on my ps4 but how about a reverse remote play feature so I can play my vita games on the big screen or bring that Vita T.V. thing to the west we’d buy it.

Jtanooki said:

April 14th, 2:54 pm

Yesss! Freedom wars + Oreshika! You guys never let me down. Insta-buy from me.

THA_STARKILLER said:

April 14th, 2:59 pm

When Soul Sacriice came out, I pre-ordered copys for me & a friend to get the exclusive Gamestop or Whatever Exclusive DLC it was & was only given one Pre-Order DLC voucher even thou I bought two games. When it went on sale Digitally I made the switch. Now with this re-release so soon after, I’ve now been made to feel cheated again by the Game Publishers. Unless a DLC Upgrade is released, I will now Inform myself of all their Future Projects so as to never Support Them again. Money Grabbing Sales Tactics Only hurt companies by turning Customers against Them. Knowledge is Power, & in the Information Age, Knowledge is Shared & Everywhere One seeks to find it.

Trukzx said:

April 14th, 3:09 pm

Fantastic news!

Glad Oreshika made it as well.

Kamieater said:

April 14th, 3:17 pm

Well there goes my money! XD

RodCih said:

April 14th, 3:31 pm

Great, I like all games!! Come to Brazil?

Nyghtwynd said:

April 14th, 3:52 pm

I can’t wait to get my hands on these games! Will there be physical copies, or is this digital-only distribution?
If they are physical, pre-ordering the moment they are available

StevenBezarius said:

April 14th, 4:12 pm

I think I’ll buy all of them! xD

Thanks!!!

But, as a suggestion, I’d preffer to buy them in retail rather than digitally D:

PhoenixDowny said:

April 14th, 4:23 pm

Things are really looking up and up for the PS Vita! I couldn’t be more excited! This is really an exciting time to own a PS Vita now!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 14th, 4:41 pm

VERY IMPRESSED WITH THESE GAMES..ESSPECIALLY FREEDOM WARS..BUT I STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME PSN GAMES LIKE SHANK..BIONIC COMMANDER AND SOME OLD SCHOOL CLASSICS LIKE NBA JAM AND NFL BLITZ..THESE GAMES I JUST MENTIONED WILL BLOW PS VITAS OFF GAMESTOP SHELVES!! ..IT CANT BE THAT HARD TO PORT THOSE CLASSIC PS2 GAMES..:/

DecadanceFantasy said:

April 14th, 4:52 pm

Really excited for Oreshika and Freedom Wars. Thanks for the Vita games Sony!

Frodomec said:

April 14th, 4:55 pm

God bless you all!
THAT’S what Ps Vita really needs!
Keep up the awesome work!
Freedom Wars day one for me, FOR SURE.

FORWARD, VITA LOVERS!

califoreigner said:

April 14th, 5:03 pm

While AAA western releases would certainly be welcomed, it’s hard to deny that the vita has grown to carve out its own niche. I love it!

Grobnar said:

April 14th, 5:05 pm

@118 it seems like a money-grabbing scheme, but trust me, there’s plenty in Delta to make us “early adopters” happy.

luvtoseek said:

April 14th, 5:16 pm

@82, Elvick- Demon’s Souls was a mistake, just like MS execs said passing on Rime was a blunder. But that’s not the point here. If sales do well, digital titles can have a retail release later- like TWD adventure episodes & Thatgamecompany complication. Memory cards are costly so for some, tho there’s good data that across the board digital sales are better than expected.

And ‘Vita haz no games’ will get ye banned in Neogaf. However, it’s all cool here, buddy! (=

Guimace said:

April 14th, 5:48 pm

I love you, Sony!

THANKYOU!

Dragonsmana said:

April 14th, 5:50 pm

Extremely glad to hear this! Will definitely be buying Delta and Freedom Wars day 1!

On a slightly unrelated note, any idea if the Cthonian Fiend from Toukiden is going to make it’s way to the western version of Soul Sacrifice at all? I only ask because Toukiden go it’s half of the crossover, and there hasn’t been any information as to when or even if we are getting it.

Falsebrood said:

April 14th, 5:52 pm

Can’t wait for Freedom Wars!

Which brings me to question this – I know for a fact that -some- games in R3 (outside japan, within asia) comes with English subtitles / Japanese audio.. will this be one of those games or will Freedom Wars R3 come with -only- CN subtitles?

Or, did I completely screw up how the region languages work?
(I live within Asia, but can’t read CN, is why I’m asking.)

CommandingTiger said:

April 14th, 5:59 pm

Cool, more games to get into for my vita.

Daverost said:

April 14th, 6:30 pm

I’m super excited for all of these, but wow, Oreshika was a complete surprise.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

April 14th, 6:33 pm

YES! I knew Freedom Wars would be coming soon! That game is definitely on my radar! Can’t wait!

TeamGreen615 said:

April 14th, 6:36 pm

I was so excited about the news but then found out SSD was only digital and I felt completely let down. I just prefer to buy physical copies. I still have my PS1,2,3, and PSP games. Really hope you guys reconsider or at least give us a physical copy for Freedom Wars.

Rakeozix said:

April 14th, 7:08 pm

This good news for ps vita owner…going get freedom wars….SS:delta maybe down the line….where is that god eater 2 localization though…this the main reason i get vita not for AAA game but for JRPG…my ps4 can handle AAA game

LionAlliance said:

April 14th, 7:09 pm

YES! Freedom Wars!! Thank you :D!!

RAYNER010 said:

April 14th, 7:11 pm

Soul sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars, both of them day 1 purchase, sony just take my money and thanks

Dragonsmana said:

April 14th, 7:35 pm

Also I have to echo the sentiment, that I hope these have physical releases, not digital only.

mattdoks said:

April 14th, 8:17 pm

Really excited for all three, do you know if the NA version of Freedom Wars will also have the voice synthesizing options for support characters like the Japanese version does? Thanks for bringing these great games over!

fiqfantasy089 said:

April 14th, 8:22 pm

long time I been waiting for this.. finally… (I am so excited)

StridentGear said:

April 14th, 8:22 pm

Is Soul Sacrifice Delta the sequel, or is it an expansion like DLC?

fiqfantasy089 said:

April 14th, 8:24 pm

StridentGear: it sequal :)

KingOf_Swing said:

April 14th, 9:15 pm

Looking good for the Vita. Cant wait to check Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines out.

alexhorton said:

April 14th, 9:19 pm

itd be cool if there was a memory card pricedrop or a bigger memory card for all these awesome new games eh?

forbeeden said:

April 14th, 10:37 pm

YES!! 2014 is gonna be GREAT! more power to Sony

mojavehotwax said:

April 14th, 11:29 pm

Soul Sacrifice Delta as a physical release please for EU and NA

Nefentina said:

April 14th, 11:55 pm

Great news! I’ve been waiting for this announcement for a while now.
Loved Soul Sacrifice and been looking to get my hands on Freedom Wars ever since i first saw it.