PS4-The Order

PS Vita: Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, Oreshika Confirmed for N. America

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Apr 14, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Today we’re really happy to announce a trio of brand new PS Vita games from our JAPAN Studio: Soul Sacrifice Delta, an expanded edition of last year’s acclaimed dark fantasy adventure; dystopian action RPG Freedom Wars; and stunning JRPG Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.

Soul Sacrifice Delta will be first to arrive on May 13th, and we’ll confirm more details around Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Freedom Wars in the coming months. For now, I’ll hand over to the games’ respective producers to tell you more about each title. And then later today look out for an interview with JAPAN Studio chief Allan Becker.

Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Soul Sacrifice Delta is the ultimate edition of Soul Sacrifice with tons of new content and improvements. Grim, the faction who believes in neutrality in all things, joins the blood thirsty Avalon and the merciful Sanctuary, and adds a third angle to bring the Delta in Soul Sacrifice. Grim’s beliefs, rooted in the prophecy they will seek to realise, will bring about irrevocable changes to the world as we know it.

The concept of faction is now at the heart of the game with players able to join the side of their choice, each with their own strengths and play styles. Players from each faction can now register their overall progress.

Soul Sacrifice Delta brings a lot of new content as well, with new Archfiends inspired by dark retellings of classic fairy tales, new sorcerers, arenas, spells and even more quests.

We have also made many improvements to the game design and systems: the graphics engine has been optimized, some arenas are now dynamic with weather effects and structural changes during battle, the spells system has been refined and allows for more collaborative and deeper gameplay.

Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice Delta on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita

We’ve also improved the AI of the Archfiends, who are now more vicious than ever. Finally, we’ve taken character customization to a new level, with the ability to mix custom parts and accessories.

Save data from Soul sacrifice including story progression, costumes, offerings, sigils, black rites, life/soul essence and lacrima (up to 10,000) will carry over to Soul Sacrifice Delta! So, if you transfer your save data from Soul Sacrifice, the story progression will carry over and you can continue on with your adventure in Soul Sacrifice Delta.

So that’s Soul Sacrifice Delta in a nutshell, but please stay tuned for more information soon. – Kumi Yuasa

Freedom Wars on PS Vita

Freedom Wars

We’re excited to finally announce that Freedom Wars is coming to North America! Some of you may have caught wind of the team working on this title, but JAPAN Studio, Shift and Dimps have joined forces to create an action-packed RPG on PlayStation Vita!

Freedom Wars is set in a dystopian world which harbors prisoners, each with a million-year sentence set from birth. You take on the role of a prisoner, forced to fight for your freedom by completing rescue missions that will reduce your seemingly insurmountable prison sentence.

Freedom Wars on PS VitaFreedom Wars on PS Vita

Supported by a robust multiplayer suite, up to four players can play via Ad-Hoc and eight players via Online to fight civilian Abducters; the more civilians you set free, the shorter your sentence becomes. In addition to the challenging co-op gameplay, you’ll be pleased to know that the game has many customizable features ranging from weapon load-outs to the protagonist itself! Check out our new trailer and make sure to stay tuned for more news on Freedom Wars, launching later this year! – Dais Kawaguchi

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on PS Vita

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Next up we have Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines which is one that you JRPG fans need to have on your radar. “What does ‘Oreshika’ mean?”, I hear you cry. Actually the full title in Japanese is ‘Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke’ which means something along the lines of ‘Go Forth Over My Dead Body’.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on PS VitaOreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

In case you haven’t guessed it by now it’s an RPG in which you take charge of an ancient Japanese clan that have been cursed with a maximum lifespan of just 2 years. Your task is to lead the clan on their quest to lift the curse and enlist the help of gods inspired by Japanese mythology to make sure each new generation of the clan is more powerful than the last.

We’ve got some screenshots to show off the beautiful Japanese art style of the characters and environments, but it looks even more fantastic on the PS Vita screen! We’ve got lots more details to share on this one very soon so stay tuned. – Tomoyo Kimura

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ toastedSopas on April 15th, 2014 at 1:13 am said:

How am I supposed to get married now with PS always taking a chunk off of my wallet

+ AizawaYuuichi on April 15th, 2014 at 1:24 am said:

Got Soul Sacrifice through PS+, and just not feeling it… definitely won’t be getting Delta…
However, Freedom Wars looks very cool, will most likely grab that.
As for Oreshika? Need to see some gameplay of it. As long as it’s not an SRPG, I’ll probably grab it too.

+ VinsanityV21 on April 15th, 2014 at 1:29 am said:

Cool! Thanks of finally confirming Freedom Wars, though I always figured it was a matter of “when” instead of “if” — following it on Siliconera, it was clear that there were too many English hooks built into the game. The text-to-speech recognizing English for the Android partners one was a big hint, but the confirmation of an English version (for Southeast Asia, like with Phantasy Star Online 2) recently all but sealed the deal.

That’s it! That’s the game that will push me to pick up a Vita finally! I am an old enough gamer now to be smart enough to avoid the hype, and pick up hardware later when there’s actually a decent selection of games available for it that you want. Between Shinibido (I miss Tenchu, okay?), Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Toukiden, Danganronpa and now Freedom Wars, I’ve hit that point. It seems about time to get some cash together…

+ SLEEPYsleep on April 15th, 2014 at 3:06 am said:

this is so awesome day one all three ! thank you Sony thank you Japan! now all we need is sword art online and a VITA only Intial D game. and please continue in this fashion of games; i like a good FF anyday but i am WAY more fond of these action titles. oh whats that i can move during the battle, oh i can unleash devastating combos of beat em up action mixed with spell casting/enhancements that i myself came up with on the fly as i adapt to the enemy instead of just picking a command. oh i can choose when and how to enage instead of walkin along and have the screen swirl out of no where every 5 steps i take only to fight the same 3 monsters i fought 10 steps ago? this is fantastic! whyarent all games this cool

sorry, got lost out there a moment

+ Luke_FM on April 15th, 2014 at 5:06 am said:

Very very very Happy! Thanks a lot!! I will buy all! :D

+ Luke_FM on April 15th, 2014 at 5:08 am said:

What about the Tales of Hearts R? It’s true that will be release by gamestop this year??

+ ClawOfTheFallen on April 15th, 2014 at 5:46 am said:

Have I told you recently that I love you Playstation? =3
Cuz I do. =3

+ Sylverias on April 15th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

So are Freedom Wars and Oreshika getting respectable releases, or are they getting dumped on PSN like SSDelta is? I love my Vita, bit this trend of giving digital only releases on a platform that has the most ridiculously expensive memory on the market is approaching extortive levels. Sorry but I’m not buying 2-3 of your $100 memory sticks cause they’re getting filled up with PSN releases. Maybe if the games were $10 and it would offset the investment in memory, but not $30-50+DLC. When you see Tecmo Koei, tell them the same thing.

+ LordsOfSkulls on April 15th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

O.O WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

O.O

I live for news like this. As a JRPG gamer XD I FINALLY seeing some LOVE!. On Top of it ;3 I am so glad i picked up my PS Vita in January it been non stop announcements of AWESOMENESS coming from Japan and like over 10+ imports this year so far alone.

I LOVE YOU SONY!!! thank you for finally bring some good stuff for RPGs as we been asking for the WHOLE LAST GENERATION!

*POISON HUGS OF LOVE*

o.o *goes back to playing Conception 2 on PS Vita* ^-^ MINIONS!!! ASSEMBLE!!!

+ FlameScythe on April 15th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

Soooooooo happy about Freedom Wars! Oreshika is a surprise, but i’ll also get it. Soul Sacrifice needs to be retail. THEY ALL NEED TO BE RETAIL!

+ ozocky100 on April 15th, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

Soul Sacrifice Delta better be retail, and even the other two also, I dont have near enough space left on my memory stick to download Delta. Let alone Freedom Wars, I demand a retail version for all three.

+ xS1rCx on April 15th, 2014 at 9:47 pm said:

OMG! OMG! I’m so excited!!!!
I can’t wait!! I want them all!!!

+ Don_Pando on April 16th, 2014 at 3:55 am said:

Meh. After Ragnarok Odyssey, SS and Toukiden, might as well wait for Freedom Wars Alpha or some other BS that comes after the first one.

+ youwillalldie55 on April 16th, 2014 at 5:50 am said:

This is great except on mine the out put tubes flailed after 36 hrs. Can I sub 5445 instead ?

+ CoDshin on April 17th, 2014 at 12:16 am said:

Wow, thanks guys!

That’s really a lot to look forward to for us Vita owners. I just hope that most of these games will get (phys.) retail releases. Although this would also result in a dramatic increase on import costs & taxes on my part as a european gamer it’s something I’d gladly put up with. ;P

That said, I’m especially excited about Oreshika 2 and can’t wait for the release date! :)

+ rr3ika on April 18th, 2014 at 8:04 pm said:

Thank you so much Sony!!

+ rr3ika on April 18th, 2014 at 8:05 pm said:

For the people who’s memory card are starting to fill up, you can actually transfer your files and save data to the pc (vice versa). :)

+ Pure-Broken-Wing on April 24th, 2014 at 3:32 pm said:

Screw you Sony. You made me go out and buy a Vita for my wife and I all for Freedom Wars. I’m super excited, but man that’s $400 dollars and now I have to wait until the game is released.

+ styroteqe on April 26th, 2014 at 4:53 pm said:

Is Soul Sacrifice:Delta going to be Digital only? Haven’t heard anything about a physical release

+ AVahne on April 27th, 2014 at 8:54 pm said:

Will Delta be digital-only? None of the retailers have a preorder page for it even though it’s just a few weeks from release. If so, could you please release the 64 GB memory card over here? Also, since save data can be transferred over to Delta, does that include DLC like the Japanese Voice pack and the Dancer costumes?

+ Ter-M1nat0r on May 3rd, 2014 at 12:23 pm said:

If somebody are interested to play Freedom Wars, add me.

+ lRoseOfDarknessl on May 3rd, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

I thought SS Delta would be released during Summer, but it’s releasing before that time, I’m glad. I could finally grind some more and customize my character more this time. I’ve been playing SS for almost a yr. now and still haven’t got tired of its dark theme. One thing I need to know is, Will the pre-ordered raiment be put as a DLC?

+ lRoseOfDarknessl on May 3rd, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

@152. I understand how you feel about SS. I felt the same way too when I first bought it with my Vita, I gave up on it and just threw it aside promising myself I’d never play it. But, my friends encouraged me to give time in It more, so I tried one last time. It was amazing as I kept playing it more and more, maybe because of its dark theme. The game requires you to put a lot of time in it, as if you’re only spending time on that game. Once you have strong offerings and sigils, the game gets much more fun. The people that loved It have spent over 500+ hrs.

PAGE 1 2 3 4