PS4 - Transistor

Octodad: Dadliest Catch Flails to PS4 Tuesday

Kevin Zuhn's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Zuhn on Apr 18, 2014 // Creative Director, Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Hello octopus fans, I’ve got great news! Octodad: Dadliest Catch is launching on PlayStation 4 next week!

For those of you unfamiliar with Octodad, he’s a normal everyday father with an adoring family, but he just so happens to be an octopus! Life for him is a neverending struggle to control his wobbly limbs and to conceal his cephalopod secret from his loved ones. In Dadliest Catch, Octodad and his family take a disastrous trip to the aquarium, putting him at odds with marine biologists, a manic sushi chef, and his wife’s ever rising suspicions…

We started Octodad as a ragtag group of students, and it’s been a long and crazy ride getting our silly game on the PS4. This is our first foray into consoles, and we’re proud to be here. We released Octodad on PC back in January, and since then we’ve taken the time to improve it based on feedback from our players. The latter third of the game in particular has gone through some radical changes, with added challenges like deck swabbing, jig dancing, and new disguises to wear!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch on PS4Octodad: Dadliest Catch on PS4

The PS4 version also has support for new controller configurations like PlayStation Move, double PlayStation Moves, and our personal favorite, PlayStation Move plus Nav controller! Let’s not forget local co-op mode, where you and your friends each take control of one of Octodad’s limbs and collectively cause chaos!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch will be $14.99, discounted 20% off for PlayStation Plus users for the first week, making it $11.99 through April 29th.

Thanks for checking out Octodad, we hope you have fun!

PAGE 1 2

+ Bobbleheadz10 on April 18th, 2014 at 7:35 am said:

YES!! SO EXCITED

+ Neil on April 18th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

This game was one of the reasons I bought a PS4. Loved what I played of it at last years E3. Cannot wait!

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 18th, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

By any chance, can u play with ONLY the Dualshock 4? I’m guessing it is more widely considered to enjoy the game more with the PS Move controller.

Kevin Zuhn's Avatar

+ Kevin Geisler on April 18th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

It’ll probably be most enjoyable to people with the DualShock 4. I really like Move + Nav, because it’s not too strenuous to play (Joysticks/Triggers for legs, Move for 3D arm movement + grabbing).

+ thebledkid22 on April 18th, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this game. Can’t wait to play it. So does the PS4 already have support for Move controllers or will that be in the future update? Wasn’t sure because they aren’t any games that support Move on PS4 yet.

Kevin Zuhn's Avatar

+ Phil Tibitoski on April 18th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

It already supports Move controllers as long as you have the camera too.

+ Qu3st39 on April 18th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

Another game to buy, solid!

+ mclaren777 on April 18th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

Excellent news!

Now if only we could get a release date for Sportsfriends…

+ PanTheMan16 on April 18th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

I’ve been looking forward to this game since it’s announcement. Day 1 buy for me. I’m surprised that we haven’t heard more about this game recently since it’s releasing on PS4 so soon. Better late than never though and a pleasant surprise for sure.

+ DaftStation on April 18th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

Woohoo! :D

+ BearAntlers on April 18th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

DAY 1

+ Seiven on April 18th, 2014 at 7:57 am said:

YES!!!! I have been anticipating this since it was announced to be on the platform…cannot wait for “daddy” to stumble his way into the hearts and minds of gamers everywhere.

+ snakeeyes211 on April 18th, 2014 at 7:57 am said:

What kind of trophies are we looking at for the game?

+ Seiven on April 18th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

The first excuse since Sports Champions 2 to charge up and play with my Move controllers

+ etscott on April 18th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

My 4 year old daughter asks me every week to buy this ever since I showed her the trailer many months ago. So glad it’s finally here next week.

+ zornjeff on April 18th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

What happen to the option of taking control of a friends game to help them through part of the game?

+ Craigums on April 18th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

First day for sure, I can’t wait.

+ DeathGazer on April 18th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

PS+ discount too, thanks!

+ Seiven on April 18th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

@14 they have stated this feature is upcoming…I think they wanted to focus on sharing with the upcoming update first and pushed this a little…they have made good on most promises so far. The one I am most upset about was the abandonment of the “trophy room” in PS Home on PS3…I would love to go into a room and see all my trophies on the wall represented by ACTUAL trophies.

+ Folkeye on April 18th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

Okay, when I first heard of this game I thought it was really stupid sounding.

I found it on a PS4 Demo many months ago and decided to take a look at it.

I STILL found it totally stupid, couldn’t stop laughing at it while playing and of course it went to the top of the ‘Must get it when it comes out’ list. Its a silly casual game that I know my friends and I will have a lot of fun with. Looking forward to it :)

Hopefully it’ll be a better received game review wise than the PC reviews. Either way, buying it.

+ leotherf on April 18th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

One of the games that sold me on the PS4 at Pax before the system came out. I already have it on pc, but I may have to grab it again.

+ drd7of14 on April 18th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

@12 I’ll give it to Sorcery as well. That game was pretty fun. A good way to use the Move tech in a 3d platformer-esque game.

+ DZORMAGEN on April 18th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Wasn’t this game suppose to be FREE for PS Plus users?

Kevin Zuhn's Avatar

+ Phil Tibitoski on April 18th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

Nope. You might have it confused with the other games announced for PS+ Free at E3. (Outlast, Mercenary Kings, Don’t Starve)

+ MR-LoverMan-1982 on April 18th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

Thank u PlayStation cant wait for octodad this game look fun love the song also.

+ Seiven on April 18th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

@21 that was never stated

+ Deadpoolian on April 18th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Yessss. This along with Second Son were my most anticipated games for PS4. Can’t wait to download it next week and it’s super awesome we get a Plus discount! Thanks! :D

+ CrusaderForever on April 18th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

Really looking forward to this game! This looks NUTS! Seriously, this looks like a unique gaming experience. Hey Sony, if I paid you money could try to be horrible and offer zero good games like your competitor?! j/k! Sony is on FIRE and can do no wrong!! 7 million consoles sold through! FFXIVARR is drop dead amazing on the PS4! Vita Remote Play!!! What a great time to be a gamer!!!!

+ g3ud0 on April 18th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

My girlfriend and I have been looking forward to this game since we played the demo at Gamestop a few months ago. I can’t wait to play the full release!

+ G-Force08 on April 18th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

“Nobody suspects a thing!”

+ StingrayX on April 18th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Very Excited for this.

+ God-Of-Lyf on April 18th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

Not shocked, Sony should rename the PS4 The “OUYA 2″ Just Saying…

+ Amnalehu on April 18th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

Every time I see this game I can’t help but laugh out loud. Can’t wait to try it with the move+ nav next week. Congrats guys!

+ dodgedoors on April 18th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

@11 there are 20 bronze trophies; Probably the most fun I will ever have earning bronze.

+ CrashSpyro on April 18th, 2014 at 9:55 am said:

Can’t wait to play this with Move.

Giant Bomb Chicago Represent!

+ TwinDad on April 18th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

@God-Of-Lyf,

YOu would be correct in stating that if this game was on android or iOS. Which it is not, PC only, PS4+PC soon. So maybe name it PS4C?

Humor attempt, fail.

+ saab01 on April 18th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

A demo is planned right? I hate buying games without trying them.

Kevin Zuhn's Avatar

+ Kevin Geisler on April 18th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

We have a demo available at a lot of store PS4 kiosks (Best Buy, Gamestop, etc.). I’m not sure we will do a downloadable demo since the requirements are much higher for submission but perhaps in the future.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on April 18th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Awesome! And thanks for the PS+ launch discount!

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 18th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Nice! My friend and I are really looking forward to it. Also, thanks for the plus discount!

+ NYPUNK88 on April 18th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

Yeah I’m copin’ this when it comes out.

+ tusunami on April 18th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

Well so from the pc version this game has been fixed with all the problems that version had. Glad the developers went back in to straighten issues out and for that with the PS Plus discount I will get this now.

+ Warped on April 18th, 2014 at 1:31 pm said:

Awesome! Welcome to playstation guys and congratulations. I cant wait to play this game! By the way thanks for the PS+ discount thats awesome of you guys.

+ charleschannels on April 18th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

Awesome! I’ve been watching some gameplay done by the one & only TheRadBrad on Youtube and it seems brilliant, funny & unique. A must buy for sure!

+ RR99i on April 18th, 2014 at 3:13 pm said:

Seems to be a definite day one purchase for me. My brother got me into this game from a few guys he watches on YouTube. Hopefully get my brother, he’s usually pretty busy, to play this with me. Thanks for bringing this game to the PlayStation 4! :)

+ ColonelOCorn on April 18th, 2014 at 4:57 pm said:

Wait, this means my kids will stop trying to play it at Target? And will want to play my PS4 instead of some Pokemon game? :)

Can’t wait to check it out!!

+ livingwithoutyou on April 18th, 2014 at 5:08 pm said:

Will we be able to publish and play custom maps?

+ sullivangamerz on April 18th, 2014 at 7:21 pm said:

would it be possible to pre order on the PlayStation store so I will download and be ready when I want play.

+ Sorahl213 on April 18th, 2014 at 9:03 pm said:

YESSS FINALLY!!!! :D and a discount too!!! Man it’s awesome being a PlayStation owner and Plus subscriber! This is what pushed me to get a PS4 early. When my friend and I were playing the demo at our local gamestop, we had so much fun playing and laughing so hard, a crowd gathered and watched us play and laughed with us. It was great

+ younginflavor18 on April 19th, 2014 at 4:08 am said:

Whenever I decide to purchase a PlayStation 4, Octodad: Dadliest Catch will be one of the few titles I’m considering to try out.

+ Ultimate_Atheist on April 19th, 2014 at 4:26 am said:

Can we please get a PS3 version? I’m waiting on the PS4 Slim before I make the’Big Leap’ to ‘Next Gen’ Consoles! (^_^)

+ RunOnTheRoof72 on April 19th, 2014 at 7:14 am said:

So pumpeddd! Been thinking about this game ever since it was announced and couldn’t wait for it to be released! My only (possible) issue is that it may get boring after a while….I’m hoping not lol

+ snarls200 on April 19th, 2014 at 5:36 pm said:

@47 probably waiting for a while. the ps3 slim did not come out for 3 years.

+ Welmosca on April 20th, 2014 at 12:40 am said:

This game did not appealed to me until now…great trailer.

PAGE 1 2