Watch Dogs 2

Apr 20

Apr 20

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 4/22/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Space ships, sea creatures, and shambling undead! It’s a big week for gaming, and PS Vita in particular, with a hefty batch of new games coming to the PlayStation family.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch arrives on PS4, with a lovable hero and hilarious play, to boot. Help a charming octopus get through life’s little challenges (Like marriage!) without revealing his true aquatic origins. Be warned: playing Octodad may result in fits of teary-eyed laughter. Not recommended while driving.

Meanwhile, it’s a huge week for PS Vita, which hosts the launch of The Walking Dead: Season 2 — Episode 1. The award-winning, post-apocalyptic series continues with the heart-wrenching story of Clementine. Survive in a world gone to hell, where every choice made could impact Clementine’s fate.

But that’s not all for PS Vita. Starlight Inception arrives as well; soar between the stars in this space combat experience that packs a full story, multiplayer modes, and even an additional tower defense game set in the same fiction.

Feeling a little more like a classic JRPG? Brave the dangers of first-person dungeons with Demon Gaze on PS Vita. All this and more below, so read on — and enjoy the Drop!

Cel Damage HD
Defense Technica
Demon Gaze
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Soulcalibur Lost Swords
Starlight Inception
The Walking Dead: Season Two -- Episode 1

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3, PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Grab the wheel of insane cartoon racers and compete in local multiplayer matches. Play single-player to practice, or fight up to three others split screen with more than 30 cartoony weapons like a TNT Sheep or Shrink Ray. Control 10 unique characters across 13 arenas. Three-way cross buy.
PS3 — Digital
A revolution in tower defense. Defend the core and struggle against enemies on a changing battlefield where attack paths and weather shift in real time. Upgrade weapons and think quickly to execute the perfect counter attack.
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Prepare for adventure! Awaken in a land filled with mystery, danger, and treasure, and explore hair-raising dungeons in this old-school RPG. Command an eccentric party of heroes and use special attacks to decimate foes.
PS4 — Digital
A story of destruction, deception, and fatherhood. Control an octopus masquerading as a human, and help him go about his daily life in a constant struggle of coordination. Will his suspicious family uncover his dark, inky secret?
PS3 — Digital
Join the epic fighting experience for free with this single-player adventure. Choose a fighter and journey through a sweeping tale of souls and swords. Crush opponents with devastating attacks to uncover a wealth of hidden treasure along the way.
PS Vita — Digital
One hundred years from tomorrow, World War IV will erupt across the star system. Assume the role of a courageous fighter pilot and join the Allied Star Force of planet Earth. A first/third-person space combat game brimming with exploration and online multiplayer.
PS Vita — Digital (Available on PS3)
Continue the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse. Months after the events of The Walking Dead Season One, Clementine is still searching for safety. Help her survive in a world where every choice matters, and morals are painted with gray.

Demos and Betas

Defense Technica — PS3 Demo
The Walking Dead: Season 2 — Episode 1 — PS Vita Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

AizawaYuuichi said:

April 20th, 3:41 pm

@ drewim469: “Yet another disappointing week. Where are all the games that were supposed to be out by spring? Wasnt that supposed to be an updated list? How are half of the games still not out?”

Maybe because we’re less than half-way through Spring? It only started on March 20th, and Summer doesn’t begin until June 21st. The Spring release games on the list they published weren’t “by Spring” but “during Spring”. There are still two months for all those games to come out and the list will still be accurate. Calm your sweater cows…

shadow71 said:

April 20th, 3:46 pm

omg my vita is jumping for joy!

yowzagabowza said:

April 20th, 5:05 pm

Pprice prices prices.

drewim469 said:

April 20th, 5:18 pm

+ AizawaYuuichi on April 20th, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

OK. So they’re just blurring the lines between Q1-Q2 & spring-summer.

AizawaYuuichi said:

April 20th, 5:57 pm

@ drewim469: Yeah, basically. If they’d said Q1 or Q2, they’d actually give themselves even more time, since those run until the end of the calendar month (March and June, respectively). But I just went and looked at the list again, and we already know when a good portion of the unreleased “Spring” games are coming. There are only 14 games, by my count, that we don’t have firm release dates on. But even that is including CastleStorm and Kickbeat, both by Zen Studios, who I think said they’d both be out in May/early June. There are a lot of games coming in May, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a few more got the “coming next week” stealth release. I’m also placing my money on Helldivers being the May PS+ freebie for PS4. April is always kind of a slow month, as it’s right after the end of the financial year, before everyone starts gearing up for the year ahead.

It’s just like Destiny being released on 9/9 is still a Summer release, heh. A lot of people equate September with Fall, but the season doesn’t start until the 20th/21st.

komentra said:

April 20th, 6:40 pm

I want to buy Octodad but it seems like it’s more so a novelty title that you’d play once and maybe get a few laughs and never touch again and if that’s the case I cant justify the price even at the PS+ price of $11.99.

I will be grabbing Walking Dead however.

Nick930930 said:

April 20th, 6:44 pm

I know this is not the place to ask, but PLEASE please PLEASE release the following:
Tony Hawk Underground
Tony Hawk Underground 2
Tony Hawk American Wasteland
in the PS2 Classics category. These games were my favorite and I can’t play them anymore because nothing is backwards compatible! Please release them! I’m willing to spend $5 each to play them again!

rabidninjamonky said:

April 20th, 6:57 pm

I can’t wait to play Demon Gaze this Tuesday! I might also get Cel Damage HD, good couch coop games are rare these days.

Slydevil13 said:

April 20th, 8:55 pm

Looking forward to Starlight Inception on my Vita! Its about time we get some awesome space combat.

Psychosious said:

April 20th, 10:17 pm

I have a short request list for some PS1 classic games: Nightmare Creatures 1 and 2; Psychic Detective, and Fox Hunt.

Thank you, and please consider…..

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

April 20th, 10:32 pm

Lol I’ll get back to you guys soon just got 360 just download sky rim & fallout and fallout V hope when I come back more games are addition PS so I have no need to ask you guys for fallout game for the psn got tired of asking you guys for the game :-)

Nwa4lyfe said:

April 21st, 12:49 am

I can’t be the only one excited about Starlight Inception. I had a blast with the beta a few weeks back. Gotta clear some space on my 32gb card to get this one.

nikrel said:

April 21st, 9:44 am

My Move is ready for Dadliest catch.

Matrix_Lion said:

April 21st, 1:57 pm

Soulcalibur Lost Swords

PrinceofXIII said:

April 21st, 5:23 pm

Demon Gaze!

iREVOLTER said:

April 22nd, 3:58 am

Ok Drop. Not really interested in Soulcalibur Lost Swords. Its effed up! The f2p model in this game is even worse than Tekken Revolution. I guess i’ll pass. I hope for Ace Combat f2p to be good, HOPE. Over than that Octodad is a fun game to pick up.

jenyjhon said:

April 22nd, 4:46 am

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $87h… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online. All I do are easy tasks from this one cool site
………………………….
jobs35.ℭℴℳ
……………………..

jenyjhon said:

April 22nd, 4:57 am

…………………
jobs35.ℭℴℳ
…………………

Black_Koshinomi said:

April 22nd, 6:01 am

Any thing on sales this week? Because i see nothing ?

joufes said:

April 22nd, 7:12 am

@40 im using an NA vita and NA store and i went and downloaded spyro games on it. I remember when it didn’t work but for w/e reason it’s been fixed now.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

April 22nd, 8:37 am

Yeah, I hear ya. I made that comment before the news was widespread. Glad to see Crash & Spyro apparently work on Vita now. :)

alx11597 said:

April 22nd, 11:45 am

I’m confused. Do we need an extra peripheral to play Octodad? Or will the DualShock4 be enough? Please respond quick so that I don’t waste my money

Welmosca said:

April 22nd, 12:01 pm

I’ll be downloading that Soul Calibur….my girl Taki is BAAAACK….haha.Oh and Starlight Inception is out already?….damn I didn’t even had time to play the beta.

Gabochoa44 said:

April 22nd, 2:19 pm

…… hey sony, dont forget the games

Ultimate_Atheist said:

April 29th, 2:19 am

@+PainOfSarrow -> That is why SOME of us DON’T immediately hop onto the ‘Next Generation’ bandwagon upon announcement of it.

PAGE 1 2