PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Plus: PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Apr 21, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Your parental instincts are about to kick in with PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD – you’ll play as Tikiman who has to defend his offspring from the hordes of monsters in the forest. In this tower defense game you’ll strategically place weapons to help you whittle down the herd of creatures before they can make it to your children. As the baddies fall, you’ll collect coins to build new armaments and construct more weapon sites so you can be better prepared for the next wave. Save the kiddies!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch is also out this week on PlayStation 4 (hooray!) and our Plus members can purchase the game at lower price (double hooray!).

You can download Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 4/22.

Plus - PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD
Tikiman the Forest Defender is in trouble. Hordes of monsters are sweeping through his realm, hoping to chow down on his offspring – and it’s up to you to defend them.By placing weapon towers at strategic points around the landscape, you can destroy the invaders and save the little ones. Collect treasure along the way to build up your arsenal and pay for new towers – countless waves of monsters are out to get the babies, so you need to be prepared to battle!

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS3) $25.19 $27.99
Lego Batman 2: Dc Super Heroes (PS3) $12.59 $13.99
Lego Batman 2: Dc Super Heroes (PS Vita) $12.59 $13.99
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe $12.59 $13.99
Octodad: Dadliest Catch $11.99 $14.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Stars_And_A_Sun on April 21st, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Interested in trying PixelJunk, thank you!

+ yrdr on April 21st, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

first i hope, good sales going to get the batman dlc

+ beyond_the_cpa on April 21st, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Looking forward to playing PixelJunk for a while. Can’t wait!! Injustice for PS4 is pretty tempting right now.

+ TangoThief on April 21st, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

So Arkham Asylum’s price is basically what it was in the PS Euro’s Easter Sale. Does this mean that we’ll get the same deals, just one by one? :-0

Thanks for being awesome!

+ megaben99 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

Still recovering from the $0.99 Flash Sale this weekend.

+ djsaiyan on April 21st, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

If you’re looking for a good fighter and haven’t picked it up yet, I totally recommend giving Injustice a whirl. It’s great fun.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on April 21st, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

The discounts for batman origin (vita) and injustice (vita). are sweeeeet

Great update, very happy this week

+ klassymike on April 21st, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Does Sony realize how much money they’re missing out on by having the policy of having to add 5.00 to peoples wallet?? Why isn’t my C.C. good enough? It is on every other site. That needs to change, or at least lower the amount. I missed out on some of the sales by having that policy, but I’m sure Sony misses out on a ton of money because of it too!

+ CausTiic- on April 21st, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

I need more PS4 updates!!!! :)

Or at least let these PS3 and Vita things be available on the PS4.

+ Sgt_0951 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Nothing for me this week. Already own all these Batman & LEGO games. Just got LEGO Marvel Super Heroes to further preoccupy my time.

Thanks for everything that you do. Great service.

+ jamonxin on April 21st, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

@8 have you tried paypal?

+ anxiousmind on April 21st, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

where’s the 1 year plus discount ????? like EU had !!!

+ Nick930930 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

Please give us Tony Hawk Underground for PS2 Classics.

I am willing to spend $5 if you release this game on PSN. I would love to play this again.

+ yrdr on April 21st, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

those $0.99 deal was worth it, But my ps3 storage is almost full so probably I am going to pass on the sales, but I totally recommend Injustice, I bought that game when it was on sale last time and it was also 25 bucks.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 21st, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

Complete & delete! That’s my motto to save HD space :)

+ Skater_Ricky on April 21st, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

Can us PlayStation 4 owner’s that went all digital get all the benefits of preordering?

I want to Preorder Watch_Dogs on PS4 as well as Preorder Destiny. I know prices are subject to change. Why I shouldn’t be charged until time of release or keep it the way it is now and if the prices change give me money put back on my PSN account so I can use it for future purchases. I want to Preorder a game as soon it’s announced just as you did when The Last of Us Remastered Edition came out on the PSN store even though it doesn’t have a release date but yet Watch_Dogs and Destiny has one. Please make me happier :)

+ BigDaddyEarl71 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

In November 2012, Sony did a $12 deal for one year of Music Unlimited for Plus members. I, along with many others, took advantage of that deal. Would have been stupid not to give it a try at that price. I thought it was a good service. Not great, but good. The android app for it was never as stable as it should have been but it did get better. Sometime around July or August of 2013, another deal for $43.99 was offered to Plus members. I would have done it if it would have stacked on at the end of the other deal but it did not. Is there any chance we can get that $43.99 deal again for Plus members? PLEASE!

+ TeamGreen615 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

I have been looking forward to PJM. I never did play the other one on the PSP so i must say thank you PS+ for letting me try a game a may not have ever played.

+ italodancemp3 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

Good discounts finally I get batman for my Vita,this price is acceptable now :)

+ Mando44646 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

Man I really hope Vita has a MUCH better month next month. the IGC sucked this month with only Indies and a PSP game and then the Easter sale apparently didnt even recognize the existence of the Vita.

Sony, can you PLEASE STOP IGNORING the Vita? No wonder it does badly in the West :/

+ Daimomaru on April 21st, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Guys we really need an answer as to why the Crash Bandiccot and Spyro games are not playable on US Vita accounts. People have been asking countless times with no luck, please tell Sony to educate people in this matter. It’s really frustrating to have absolutely no answer about this. Many people I know bought the games with the $1 offer in the hopes of playing them on their Vitas, they do not own PS3s. I’m willing to bet many other people did the same thing, you owe them a response about that issue, thanks.

+ ElektroDragon on April 21st, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

Putting this game on super sale just recently so I’d buy it and THEN giving it away on Plus is just despicable behavior. Please stop putting games on Plus that were just on super sale. It completely cheapens Plus and annoys your customers.

+ Boyanime010 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Hi Kristine, Hope you had a nice Easter! Please ask Sony to release more PS2 classics :)

+ Boyanime010 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Kristine, Can you please ask Sony to release more PS2 classics thank you..

+ onslaughtree on April 21st, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Finally Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is MINE……………..
Thanks PSN staff.
Vita love baby.

+ Bruno_Helghast on April 21st, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

Good discounts on Batman games. I’ll get some of them. By the way, I’ll suggest you guys some good games to put on IGC and make even more valuable: Dante’s Inferno, Sniper Elite V2, Bayonetta, Resistance: Burning Skies and inFamous (the first one).

+ iREVOLTER on April 21st, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

Nice PS+. Thx based Shu! ;D

+ a7medii-bh on April 21st, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

FYI, so far on ps4 and on ps vita i’ve never got a game that i play…. plus

njustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4) $25.19 $27.99

the orginal price for the game is 49.99$ but you are saying it’s 27.99?

+ Fardeenah on April 21st, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

please give us better vita games next time, i mean no psp games and i dont mind indie but when indie is all u give , its gets boring, come on LBP vita, mortal kombat vita, persona 4 golden , ac liberation

+ ClawOfTheFallen on April 21st, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

Aw c’mon! I just bought Injustice on Vita for $30 five days ago… TT_TT
Oh well, I’m still impressed with the port and play the living hell out of it.

+ batou323 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

I’m so glad I held off purchasing this game. Great Game

+ WilHiteWarrior on April 21st, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

Ugh… Figures. I just bought Batman: Blackegate a week or so ago…..

+ TwinDad on April 21st, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

Having to pick one thing in the poll is hurtfull.

PJ Monsters is a wonderful game, but getting a launch discount to Octodad is good too.

+ MortalKombat2K7 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Already got Injustice from another sale. I would like Cel Damage but I need to save my money and a one dollar discount is not enough incentive to convince me otherwise.

+ SureBigBuster on April 21st, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

The quality of games offered for the IGC has been declining recently. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not expecting a AAA game every week but the truth is that they haven’t offered anything interesting in a while. Gotta step it up SONY or you’ll be losing Plus subscriptions soon enough

+ zeenick on April 21st, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Weak

+ ChaseHammerJ on April 21st, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

Another lackluster Plus release.

+ Sorahl213 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Not much for me, but awesome sales nontheless! Picked up Pixel Junk a couple of months back when it was on sale, and it was worth the purchase despite the fact that it’s free tomorrow. Will be picking up Octodad and live streaming it Tuesday night at 8:30-9pm EST! twitch.tv/nightwing213

+ ChaoticAssault31 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

I hope that Playstation update 1.70 comes out soon, like within 24 hours. Also I hope to hear some more info on The Last of Is Remastered. :)

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

@a7medii-bh: The blog team routinely does this: “Regular Price” refers to the price it will be on sale if you don’t have Plus. Everywhere else on Earth “Regular Price” means the price when it’s not on sale.

Sony. We even have our own brand of logic. TM

(I mean, seriously…wouldn’t pointing out the *actual* regular price make it seem like a better deal and drive sales?)

+ DecadanceFantasy on April 21st, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

I’m going to give PJ HD a try. Hope I like it. Seems like a fun game. Never played any others in the series before.

+ ggdude on April 21st, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

Do the people complaining about the “quality” of these games realize that even if they get 3-4 games that they enjoy during the year, it already paid for the PS Plus subscription? I also wonder how many just download the games that they deem as “quality” and never actually play them?

Let’s try to appreciate things instead of complaining when it doesn’t meet your personal standards.

+ Drew_Croft on April 21st, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

Nice, US getting screwed on deals again.

+ NatronZ3R0 on April 21st, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

Was really hoping MHFU would be on the instant game collection for longer, but heck man, I’ve gotten my money’s worth. I’ll probably outright purchase it next time it goes on sale.

+ ABADAWhiteCat on April 21st, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Any chance for a sale on Arkham City DLC?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on April 21st, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

@NatronZ3R0: If you got it on the IGC, it’s yours as long as you have Plus. But then you can’t buy it unless your Plus expires. Sad but true: Plus members can’t buy games they picked up from the IGC. It’s a policy that’s in place to keep you tied to Plus. Of course, you can always try your luck with Sony customer support.

It’s like games being on sale just before being added to the IGC: It’s a policy that will never change.

+ Berae on April 21st, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Oh please make a pixeljunk monsters 2 on ps4!!!

+ NatronZ3R0 on April 21st, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

@ThumbsOfSteel74

Thanks for letting me know! And that’s sorta good news, but also kinda weird. But yay! I can keep playing monster hunter.

+ krae_man on April 21st, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

Octodad what’s a matter with you
You don’t act like the other Octopi do
You wear a disguise to look human guys
but you’re not a man, your an Octopus

+ neuropunk on April 21st, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

If you want us to buy something, could you AT LEAST put some decent sales on there?

I am still offended with the sale that EU had and then US subscribers get the shaft.

I would have subbed to EU Plus instead, if I didn’t already have like 2 years of US Plus games.

+ dodgedoors on April 21st, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

@Kristine will May’s update be this thursday/Friday, or will it be on the first/second? I ask because it has traditionally been the last Thursday of each month, but it would make sense to wait till the end of the month as well.

PAGE 1 2 3