Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 21

Apr 21

PlayStation Plus: PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Your parental instincts are about to kick in with PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD – you’ll play as Tikiman who has to defend his offspring from the hordes of monsters in the forest. In this tower defense game you’ll strategically place weapons to help you whittle down the herd of creatures before they can make it to your children. As the baddies fall, you’ll collect coins to build new armaments and construct more weapon sites so you can be better prepared for the next wave. Save the kiddies!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch is also out this week on PlayStation 4 (hooray!) and our Plus members can purchase the game at lower price (double hooray!).

You can download Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 4/22.

Plus - PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD
Tikiman the Forest Defender is in trouble. Hordes of monsters are sweeping through his realm, hoping to chow down on his offspring – and it’s up to you to defend them.By placing weapon towers at strategic points around the landscape, you can destroy the invaders and save the little ones. Collect treasure along the way to build up your arsenal and pay for new towers – countless waves of monsters are out to get the babies, so you need to be prepared to battle!

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS3) $25.19 $27.99
Lego Batman 2: Dc Super Heroes (PS3) $12.59 $13.99
Lego Batman 2: Dc Super Heroes (PS Vita) $12.59 $13.99
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe $12.59 $13.99
Octodad: Dadliest Catch $11.99 $14.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Stars_And_A_Sun said:

April 21st, 8:06 am

Interested in trying PixelJunk, thank you!

yrdr said:

April 21st, 8:06 am

first i hope, good sales going to get the batman dlc

beyond_the_cpa said:

April 21st, 8:07 am

Looking forward to playing PixelJunk for a while. Can’t wait!! Injustice for PS4 is pretty tempting right now.

TangoThief said:

April 21st, 8:09 am

So Arkham Asylum’s price is basically what it was in the PS Euro’s Easter Sale. Does this mean that we’ll get the same deals, just one by one? :-0

Thanks for being awesome!

megaben99 said:

April 21st, 8:09 am

Still recovering from the $0.99 Flash Sale this weekend.

djsaiyan said:

April 21st, 8:09 am

If you’re looking for a good fighter and haven’t picked it up yet, I totally recommend giving Injustice a whirl. It’s great fun.

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

April 21st, 8:10 am

The discounts for batman origin (vita) and injustice (vita). are sweeeeet

Great update, very happy this week

klassymike said:

April 21st, 8:23 am

Does Sony realize how much money they’re missing out on by having the policy of having to add 5.00 to peoples wallet?? Why isn’t my C.C. good enough? It is on every other site. That needs to change, or at least lower the amount. I missed out on some of the sales by having that policy, but I’m sure Sony misses out on a ton of money because of it too!

CausTiic- said:

April 21st, 8:24 am

I need more PS4 updates!!!! :)

Or at least let these PS3 and Vita things be available on the PS4.

Sgt_0951 said:

April 21st, 8:24 am

Nothing for me this week. Already own all these Batman & LEGO games. Just got LEGO Marvel Super Heroes to further preoccupy my time.

Thanks for everything that you do. Great service.

jamonxin said:

April 21st, 8:25 am

@8 have you tried paypal?

anxiousmind said:

April 21st, 8:27 am

where’s the 1 year plus discount ????? like EU had !!!

Nick930930 said:

April 21st, 8:28 am

Please give us Tony Hawk Underground for PS2 Classics.

I am willing to spend $5 if you release this game on PSN. I would love to play this again.

yrdr said:

April 21st, 8:29 am

those $0.99 deal was worth it, But my ps3 storage is almost full so probably I am going to pass on the sales, but I totally recommend Injustice, I bought that game when it was on sale last time and it was also 25 bucks.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

April 21st, 10:02 am

Complete & delete! That’s my motto to save HD space :)

Skater_Ricky said:

April 21st, 8:29 am

Can us PlayStation 4 owner’s that went all digital get all the benefits of preordering?

I want to Preorder Watch_Dogs on PS4 as well as Preorder Destiny. I know prices are subject to change. Why I shouldn’t be charged until time of release or keep it the way it is now and if the prices change give me money put back on my PSN account so I can use it for future purchases. I want to Preorder a game as soon it’s announced just as you did when The Last of Us Remastered Edition came out on the PSN store even though it doesn’t have a release date but yet Watch_Dogs and Destiny has one. Please make me happier :)

BigDaddyEarl71 said:

April 21st, 8:33 am

In November 2012, Sony did a $12 deal for one year of Music Unlimited for Plus members. I, along with many others, took advantage of that deal. Would have been stupid not to give it a try at that price. I thought it was a good service. Not great, but good. The android app for it was never as stable as it should have been but it did get better. Sometime around July or August of 2013, another deal for $43.99 was offered to Plus members. I would have done it if it would have stacked on at the end of the other deal but it did not. Is there any chance we can get that $43.99 deal again for Plus members? PLEASE!

TeamGreen615 said:

April 21st, 8:33 am

I have been looking forward to PJM. I never did play the other one on the PSP so i must say thank you PS+ for letting me try a game a may not have ever played.

italodancemp3 said:

April 21st, 8:43 am

Good discounts finally I get batman for my Vita,this price is acceptable now :)

Mando44646 said:

April 21st, 8:46 am

Man I really hope Vita has a MUCH better month next month. the IGC sucked this month with only Indies and a PSP game and then the Easter sale apparently didnt even recognize the existence of the Vita.

Sony, can you PLEASE STOP IGNORING the Vita? No wonder it does badly in the West :/

Daimomaru said:

April 21st, 8:54 am

Guys we really need an answer as to why the Crash Bandiccot and Spyro games are not playable on US Vita accounts. People have been asking countless times with no luck, please tell Sony to educate people in this matter. It’s really frustrating to have absolutely no answer about this. Many people I know bought the games with the $1 offer in the hopes of playing them on their Vitas, they do not own PS3s. I’m willing to bet many other people did the same thing, you owe them a response about that issue, thanks.

ElektroDragon said:

April 21st, 9:03 am

Putting this game on super sale just recently so I’d buy it and THEN giving it away on Plus is just despicable behavior. Please stop putting games on Plus that were just on super sale. It completely cheapens Plus and annoys your customers.

Boyanime010 said:

April 21st, 9:11 am

Hi Kristine, Hope you had a nice Easter! Please ask Sony to release more PS2 classics :)

Boyanime010 said:

April 21st, 9:12 am

Kristine, Can you please ask Sony to release more PS2 classics thank you..

onslaughtree said:

April 21st, 9:12 am

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Finally Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is MINE……………..
Thanks PSN staff.
Vita love baby.

Bruno_Helghast said:

April 21st, 9:15 am

Good discounts on Batman games. I’ll get some of them. By the way, I’ll suggest you guys some good games to put on IGC and make even more valuable: Dante’s Inferno, Sniper Elite V2, Bayonetta, Resistance: Burning Skies and inFamous (the first one).

iREVOLTER said:

April 21st, 9:16 am

Nice PS+. Thx based Shu! ;D

a7medii-bh said:

April 21st, 9:20 am

FYI, so far on ps4 and on ps vita i’ve never got a game that i play…. plus

njustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4) $25.19 $27.99

the orginal price for the game is 49.99$ but you are saying it’s 27.99?

Fardeenah said:

April 21st, 9:21 am

please give us better vita games next time, i mean no psp games and i dont mind indie but when indie is all u give , its gets boring, come on LBP vita, mortal kombat vita, persona 4 golden , ac liberation

ClawOfTheFallen said:

April 21st, 9:22 am

Aw c’mon! I just bought Injustice on Vita for $30 five days ago… TT_TT
Oh well, I’m still impressed with the port and play the living hell out of it.

batou323 said:

April 21st, 9:28 am

I’m so glad I held off purchasing this game. Great Game

WilHiteWarrior said:

April 21st, 9:30 am

Ugh… Figures. I just bought Batman: Blackegate a week or so ago…..

TwinDad said:

April 21st, 9:34 am

Having to pick one thing in the poll is hurtfull.

PJ Monsters is a wonderful game, but getting a launch discount to Octodad is good too.

MortalKombat2K7 said:

April 21st, 9:36 am

Already got Injustice from another sale. I would like Cel Damage but I need to save my money and a one dollar discount is not enough incentive to convince me otherwise.

SureBigBuster said:

April 21st, 9:45 am

The quality of games offered for the IGC has been declining recently. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not expecting a AAA game every week but the truth is that they haven’t offered anything interesting in a while. Gotta step it up SONY or you’ll be losing Plus subscriptions soon enough

zeenick said:

April 21st, 9:49 am

Weak

ChaseHammerJ said:

April 21st, 9:52 am

Another lackluster Plus release.

Sorahl213 said:

April 21st, 9:54 am

Not much for me, but awesome sales nontheless! Picked up Pixel Junk a couple of months back when it was on sale, and it was worth the purchase despite the fact that it’s free tomorrow. Will be picking up Octodad and live streaming it Tuesday night at 8:30-9pm EST! twitch.tv/nightwing213

ChaoticAssault31 said:

April 21st, 9:57 am

I hope that Playstation update 1.70 comes out soon, like within 24 hours. Also I hope to hear some more info on The Last of Is Remastered. :)

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

April 21st, 9:58 am

@a7medii-bh: The blog team routinely does this: “Regular Price” refers to the price it will be on sale if you don’t have Plus. Everywhere else on Earth “Regular Price” means the price when it’s not on sale.

Sony. We even have our own brand of logic. TM

(I mean, seriously…wouldn’t pointing out the *actual* regular price make it seem like a better deal and drive sales?)

DecadanceFantasy said:

April 21st, 10:00 am

I’m going to give PJ HD a try. Hope I like it. Seems like a fun game. Never played any others in the series before.

ggdude said:

April 21st, 10:00 am

Do the people complaining about the “quality” of these games realize that even if they get 3-4 games that they enjoy during the year, it already paid for the PS Plus subscription? I also wonder how many just download the games that they deem as “quality” and never actually play them?

Let’s try to appreciate things instead of complaining when it doesn’t meet your personal standards.

Drew_Croft said:

April 21st, 10:04 am

Nice, US getting screwed on deals again.

NatronZ3R0 said:

April 21st, 10:04 am

Was really hoping MHFU would be on the instant game collection for longer, but heck man, I’ve gotten my money’s worth. I’ll probably outright purchase it next time it goes on sale.

ABADAWhiteCat said:

April 21st, 10:08 am

Any chance for a sale on Arkham City DLC?

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

April 21st, 10:11 am

@NatronZ3R0: If you got it on the IGC, it’s yours as long as you have Plus. But then you can’t buy it unless your Plus expires. Sad but true: Plus members can’t buy games they picked up from the IGC. It’s a policy that’s in place to keep you tied to Plus. Of course, you can always try your luck with Sony customer support.

It’s like games being on sale just before being added to the IGC: It’s a policy that will never change.

Berae said:

April 21st, 10:38 am

Oh please make a pixeljunk monsters 2 on ps4!!!

NatronZ3R0 said:

April 21st, 10:49 am

@ThumbsOfSteel74

Thanks for letting me know! And that’s sorta good news, but also kinda weird. But yay! I can keep playing monster hunter.

krae_man said:

April 21st, 10:50 am

Octodad what’s a matter with you
You don’t act like the other Octopi do
You wear a disguise to look human guys
but you’re not a man, your an Octopus

neuropunk said:

April 21st, 11:09 am

If you want us to buy something, could you AT LEAST put some decent sales on there?

I am still offended with the sale that EU had and then US subscribers get the shaft.

I would have subbed to EU Plus instead, if I didn’t already have like 2 years of US Plus games.

dodgedoors said:

April 21st, 11:11 am

@Kristine will May’s update be this thursday/Friday, or will it be on the first/second? I ask because it has traditionally been the last Thursday of each month, but it would make sense to wait till the end of the month as well.

PAGE 1 2 3