Uncharted 4

Tales of Hearts R Coming to PS Vita This Winter

J. Kartje's Avatar + Posted by J. Kartje on Apr 21, 2014 // Community Manager, Namco Bandai

Tales of Hearts R

It’s impossible not to hear the shouts of JRPG fans worldwide asking for the chance to play a Tales game on PS Vita. Your hearts resonated across Facebook, Twitter, and gaming forums everywhere. So without further ado, we’re happy to announce that Tales of Hearts R will be making its way to North America in Winter, 2014.

For this special occasion, Hideo Baba, Producer on the Tales series, has prepared a video message straight from Japan. Keep an eye out for all the Tales goodies.

We’ve done our best to keep this announcement a surprise, and we’re excited to see the fans welcome this new addition to the growing heritage of Tales games.

The adventure starts with Kor, a young man living in a small village by the sea. While watching the house in his grandfather’s absence, Kor meets a young woman named Kohaku who has come searching for his grandfather.

However, a mysterious witch soon appears and casts a spell on Kohaku’s Spiria, the embodiment of her heart and soul. Kor attempts to lift the spell, but while doing so he accidentally shatters her Spiria Core, the source of her emotions. Armed only with the Soma, an unusual weapon given to him by his grandfather, Kor must now set out on a journey to find a way to make Kohaku’s Spiria whole once more.

With character designs by Mutsumi Inomata, and the new Aerial Chase Linear Motion Battle System enabling players to move freely in the air and experience aerial battles like never before, Tales of Hearts R is looking to become a JRPG classic in the PS Vita library.

To keep up to date with the latest info, join our community on Facebook and Twitter. And stay tuned for even more Tales information coming soon!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Monterossa on April 21st, 2014 at 7:34 am said:

Great.

but don’t forget Vesperia for PS3.

+ jal1993 on April 21st, 2014 at 7:40 am said:

Awesome but whats up with “Kor”? “Shing” was a just fine name..

+ rafael_martines on April 21st, 2014 at 7:41 am said:

Japanese audio as well? Right Namco? Right? Japanese Role Playing Game without Japanese audio is kind awkward

J. Kartje's Avatar

+ J. Kartje on April 21st, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

We’ll have more info/details coming soon! We just wanted to get this out there for everyone to let them know it’s coming. Stay tuned.

+ saintaqua on April 21st, 2014 at 7:41 am said:

I’m so grateful! Thank you! Please keep bringing Tales games to the west and I will keep buying them. (At least on Playstation 3, 4 and Vita!)

+ XxMike466xX on April 21st, 2014 at 7:43 am said:

Now, these are really good news. Thanks for listening to the Fans

+ Gorvi on April 21st, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

Awesome news! Is there any chance Tales of Innocence R could follow if this does well?

J. Kartje's Avatar

+ J. Kartje on April 21st, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Anything is possible. We’re always evaluating what consumers want and what makes sense for the developers.

+ TheExiled12894 on April 21st, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Great news. Definitely grabbing this day one. :)

(P.S. Please bring over God Eater 2. Imported the Japanese version and would buy a localized version day one.)

+ otakumike on April 21st, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

Don’t neglect Vita owners! If you are kind to us, we will be kind to you.

+ Naozumi on April 21st, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

Nice that it’s finally confirmed, hopefully there’s Japanese audio.

+ DeepEyes7 on April 21st, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

Great news! I’m very happy for this, I hope you bring a beautiful Collector/Limited Edition as you did with other Tales games =). This is a day one buy for me! Don’t forget about Tales of Innocence R, we will gladly buy it too! (And Vesperia for PS3 =P). Thanks again for hearing us!

J. Kartje's Avatar

+ J. Kartje on April 21st, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

Thanks for your support!

+ Mando44646 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

thanks for the Vita support! PLEASE bring over Gundam games as well. Those would be insta-buys for me too!

J. Kartje's Avatar

+ J. Kartje on April 21st, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

I’m a big Gundam fan as well. I’ll be pushing from the inside for you.

+ DarkStar83x on April 21st, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Awesome! Good year for Tales fans. Not only that, Vita getting some more love is never a bad thing.

+ Teflon02 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

I hope it still gets a dub like they usually do. Also hope it has a physical release. I really dislike download only releases, this small 32GB card can’t hold half the titles I have. Either way, good job.

+ Sharp_andPointy on April 21st, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

I’m reserving my copy soon. But I agree with sir Exiled, I really want God Eater 2.

J. Kartje's Avatar

+ J. Kartje on April 21st, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Hah. Thanks for letting us know – I’ll pass it along :)

+ Teflon02 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Ohh the blog has your position wrong too lol. It’s not namco bandai anymore right, bandai namco now :)

+ fullmy4gbnow on April 21st, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

Ooooh Nice :) day 1 buy for me! Please bring over Tales of Innocence R and Gods Eater 2 ;)

+ CloudStrife768 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Finally some much needed Vita love. Such great news that this is officially confirmed, I cannot wait to play Tales on the go

+ Christian399 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

God Eater 2 needs an announcement while you’re at it. And Innocence R, which is a much better game. I’ll play the “buy this okay game and we’ll bring over more” game with you guys and gals at Namco though. It hoodwinked me into Graces, which was kind of terrible, but at least we got Xillia, and Xillia 2.

J. Kartje's Avatar

+ J. Kartje on April 21st, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

We don’t want to hoodwink or trick anyone. If you think you’ll enjoy Hearts R then go for it! We’re constantly evaluating what games make the most sense for our audiences and developers. We hope you thoroughly enjoy Xillia 2 as well!

+ draglade on April 21st, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Create a Tales of Vita bundle and I’ll get it. Localize God Eater 2 and Innocence while you’re at it. Perhaps Swort Art online as well since it’s basically localized.

Thanks for making one of my dreams come true.

+ PTX-40A on April 21st, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Getting a Vita just became top priority for me… Thank you Bandai Namco!! Still waiting for some news on a Xillia 2 Collectors Edition hopefully.

+ Meteorgun7 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Another great game to play on my Vita! Thank you, day one purchase for me, cannot wait! Keep the Tales games coming!

+ Viewtiful_Gene on April 21st, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Fantastic news!
Wish I had a Vita…

(The Idolm@ster 2 outside Japan effing WHEN)

+ Switaj7 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Definitely happy to see another great entry in the Tales series get a Western release and the attention it deserves! Not a big fan of “Kor” though. Granted, I know all of the characters are named after minerals and “Kor’s” mineral name is implied with Meteoryte, but I still don’t see what’s wrong with Shing.

I’m kinda split 50-50 about Kohaku keeping her name seeing as how there wouldn’t be anything wrong with changing her name to Amber (kohaku is Japanese for amber).

+ JumpMan33 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

Yes! Thank You Namco! I’ll be buying this day one :) Now if we can only get Digimon Story released in the U.S. :D

+ Sprinterstar7 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Now I need to get a Vita but I’m just ecstatic that another great entry in the Tales series is getting the attention it deserves! Why change Shing’s name to “Kor”? though. I’m kinda split 50-50 about Kohaku keeping her name. I could see easily see her name being localized as Amber.

+ ragincajun7712 on April 21st, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Thank you Namco! Also, a big thank you to Shahid Kamal and his team for helping make this a reality! Shahid and team, your efforts and hard work have paid off. Thank you for advocating for the fans!

+ ssvillage on April 21st, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

A big YES for a Vita Tales of game.

One question, why’d you guys change Shing’s name into Kor? Shing was already okay.

+ Ryumoau on April 21st, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

Thank you so much for bringing more Tales to NA. This truly is the Year of Tales! My mind would explode if Tales of Zestiria ended up being released by December as well. :P

And please ignore the obnoxious weeaboos whining about japanese audio all the time, like mindless robots. Just make sure you concentrate on a proper english translation and voice work before you bother with any of the extra crap.

+ CuteToBeTrue on April 21st, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

i rearly comment here ..most of time i just read but this game is gonna be amazing on my vita..THANK YOU Bandai Namco you just made my happy and im a loyal fan of tales
i really hope there is a japanesse audio coz its always fun
i just want to ask you guys when Tales of Xillia 2 gonna be out? no news or update for long time now

J. Kartje's Avatar

+ J. Kartje on April 21st, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

We’ll have info on that very very (very) very soon.

+ TeamGreen615 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

Thank you for bringing to the west. Love my Vita!

+ Ryumoau on April 21st, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

Also on a slightly unrelated note, i was wondering why you guys decided to make the upcoming Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn a subtitled Digital-only game? DW is a rare series where i actually don’t mind subtitles because i usually just listen to podcasts while i play anyway.

But my problem is it being digital only and what pricing structure you guys have planned. I’ve been very disappointed by both Koei and Namco with recent digital only games they’ve released like One Piece PW2 and Kens Rage 2 being a full $60 on psn. That is ridiculous to me, especially considering how much overpriced dlc you guys push out for these games on top of that. If you are going to be lazy and not properly dub the games, fine but don’t charge $50-60 for that.

$39.99 sounds like a proper price for these Dynasty Warrior type games anyway. :/

+ StitchsBox on April 21st, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

What’s with Namco Bandai needlessly changing character names? You did it with Ni no Kuni, now your doing it with Tales. Then if you do include dual audio the names will not match up.

Thanks for bringing this to the west, but please stop changing them.

+ HanGlacy on April 21st, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

i want jstar victory vs!!!! i already buy the jap version but i really want a english version of it!!!

+ ROXASORAMARCO on April 21st, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

I couldn´t chose a better year to became a tales fan
Please bring innocence as well

+ Viewtiful_Gene on April 21st, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

More importantly: Stop wasting budget on dual-audios and just focus on doing a good translation.
Who the f- cares about english audio.
Dubs are just a waste, they never even have the true emotion that the original audio had. And this applies to EVERYTHING.

+ iREVOLTER on April 21st, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

Please bring Vesperia to the WEST! Please please please!

+ Maxomega on April 21st, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

Is there any hope that we may eventually get Tales of Vesperia?

+ draglade on April 21st, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

I doubt we’ll get vesperia for a long time, if Ever. However I’d like to add to the potential localization of the Digimon Game coming out next year. Thanks again Namco =D

+ Cotrip on April 21st, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

Next Tales of Vesperia (PS3) please! :(

+ Ultra_Keyblade on April 21st, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

YES!! This is awesome news! Finally!!!! I now know what I’m getting for Christmas later this year.

+ Viewtiful_Gene on April 21st, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

They already said that they won’t bring Vesperia. EVER. Get over it.
At least they are honest and don’t f- around with their costumers saying crap like “We are still seeing…” or stuff like that.

+ G-Force08 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

Glad that this is coming. Next on the list, Namco:

God Eater 2 for Vita localized, PLEASE!

Also: Digimon games. PUH-LEASEEEE. lol Really, a lot of us want these. Hopefully enough to warrant a localization.

+ CONTOM-X on April 21st, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

I don’t care about dual-audio, as long as there is a English voice-over option I’m good. I speak English, not Japanese. If there is English audio it’ll be a day 1 purchase for me!

+ DeepEyes7 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

It seems that there is a lot of audience for:

-God Eater 2
-Tales of Innocence R
-Tales of Vesperia

We know you want to bring them to west Namco! We’re your loyal followers!

+ Viewtiful_Gene on April 21st, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

You can still READ the english texts for god’s sake. Also, that english (and every dub ever) you hear is low class compared the original audio.

+ Shadow_Kamui on April 21st, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

I am very exited about this. I hope that thy bring Tales of Innocence R to America to.

It will be nice that they port the 360 version of tales of vesperia or the jp ps3 version because a never have xbox 360

BTW I want the Richea pillow and Milla Plush

+ GameOverComesAll on April 21st, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

I personally couldn’t care less about Japanese audio, since I can’t understand Japanese. I imagine the majority of people feel that way. It doesn’t even make sense why anyone would want Japanese audio over English. If you want Japanese audio so badly, why wouldn’t you just buy the Japanese version? The system is region free. Anyway, I just wanted to say I hope you won’t forgo English audio because a few people are obsessed with Japanese.

+ chemerie on April 21st, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

Finally! If you guys can’t bring Tales of Vesperia for PS3 in the west, How about a remastered version of it for PS4? Also hoping for the latest version of Dynasty Warriors Gundam to be released in the west.

One more thing, Have you guys at Namco ever considered a HD Collection of Xenosaga?

+ Zionine on April 21st, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

NICE :D I already imported this but will double dip. :)

+ Sorahl213 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

This is awesome! More and more great jrpgs are hitting Vita this year than I expected, which is a great thing lol now that FFX/X-2 HD, Persona 4 Golden, and a new Tales game are on Vita, hopefully more games can follow like Valkyria Chronicles 3 and FF Type-0.

PAGE 1 2 3 4