PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Tales of Hearts R Coming to PS Vita This Winter

J. Kartje's Avatar + Posted by J. Kartje on Apr 21, 2014 // Community Manager, Namco Bandai

Tales of Hearts R

It’s impossible not to hear the shouts of JRPG fans worldwide asking for the chance to play a Tales game on PS Vita. Your hearts resonated across Facebook, Twitter, and gaming forums everywhere. So without further ado, we’re happy to announce that Tales of Hearts R will be making its way to North America in Winter, 2014.

For this special occasion, Hideo Baba, Producer on the Tales series, has prepared a video message straight from Japan. Keep an eye out for all the Tales goodies.

We’ve done our best to keep this announcement a surprise, and we’re excited to see the fans welcome this new addition to the growing heritage of Tales games.

The adventure starts with Kor, a young man living in a small village by the sea. While watching the house in his grandfather’s absence, Kor meets a young woman named Kohaku who has come searching for his grandfather.

However, a mysterious witch soon appears and casts a spell on Kohaku’s Spiria, the embodiment of her heart and soul. Kor attempts to lift the spell, but while doing so he accidentally shatters her Spiria Core, the source of her emotions. Armed only with the Soma, an unusual weapon given to him by his grandfather, Kor must now set out on a journey to find a way to make Kohaku’s Spiria whole once more.

With character designs by Mutsumi Inomata, and the new Aerial Chase Linear Motion Battle System enabling players to move freely in the air and experience aerial battles like never before, Tales of Hearts R is looking to become a JRPG classic in the PS Vita library.

To keep up to date with the latest info, join our community on Facebook and Twitter. And stay tuned for even more Tales information coming soon!

+ DecadanceFantasy on April 21st, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

Thanks so much Namco! I’ve been looking at the Vita games and Hearts sounds like it’ll be awesome! Total day 1 buy (which I don’t say much at all actually) but I’m really wanting this one. Oh and Xillia 2. If there is a collector’s edition, can it have a replica pocket watch! I love pocket watches so I’d really want it.

I think Kor is a cool name.
Thanks again!

+ lisatsunami on April 21st, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

Really great start to my week. I will buy the digital version unless there’s a CE which I would gladly pay more for. And for Tales of Xillia 2, also.

+ ani12jb on April 21st, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

Stop asking for dual audio and Vesperia PS3. It’s really obnoxious.

+ Destiny89 on April 21st, 2014 at 9:59 am said:

OH MY GOD!
Namco Thank you so much! will purchase this day 1 and i will force every single person i know to buy a copy too! thank you for all the hard work and i look forward to playing Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Xillia 2!

+ Fate_Shirou on April 21st, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

Nice!!!! Can’t wait for this to be released!

+ Destiny89 on April 21st, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

I hope we get to see Tales of Innocence R coming over too!
I also would love to see you guys make a Tales of game for the PS4.
REALLY excited for Tales of Hearts R Thank you!

+ tusunami on April 21st, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

This is just vanglorious more Ps Vita rpg’s coming out for the platform. The PS Vita continues to impress me with the variety of games coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Teflon02 on April 21st, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

@Viewtiful
Stop this, you do realize games in NA that have English voice overs are more gamer friendly. Second do you speak Japanese? If so, go buy that version. If not, you can’t compare a language you don’t understand to a language you do. You are reading subtitles. Every voice you hear is your mind building the sound into what you think it should sound like. IMO Japanese VO are mostly annoying for the simple fact they have about 3 voice styles for girls and like 3 for guys. But I don’t speak it so I don’t call it a valid opinion but my JPN speaking friend has told me on numerous occasions, One isn’t better, some are better dubbed, some are better with the JVO etc. I don’t know why people insist on being blinded by the mind, if you think so low of English, don’t even write in it.

+ KurokoGTS on April 21st, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

When J-Stars Victory Vs for US? I wonder play this game :D, please bandai namco n.n

+ Viewtiful_Gene on April 21st, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Oh, yes, I forgot, most of the people and specially americans don’t want to read anything, It would be too harmful to their stupid and sensitive brains the fact to be reading SO MUCH WORDS.

+ Ventus_Fury on April 21st, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

I just bought this game from Japan… good game, but I would’ve been more patient had this been announced a month earlier T_T God… oh well, double dipping for this game. In the event there is no JP Audio, I will have my JP Copy.

Here’s hoping for Innocence R and Vesperia on PS3… Localized a somewhat “PS2″ version of Symphonia, and that Poll… (Readying flame shield)

+ Sprinterstar7 on April 21st, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

@Ventus_Fury The Tales of Symphonia in Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is the PS2 version, just with the English dubbing from the Gamecube version.

+ neuropunk on April 21st, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

Wow, the Vita is finally getting its first game! Crud now I have to get a Vita sooner rather than later. Probably wait for next Vita price drop.

+ PZDugna on April 21st, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

Game is already up for preorder at Gamestop, but it says GS exclusive for physical is that true?

+ Bleu_Skie on April 21st, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

@58 agreed. I think it is a “grass is greener” deal. Perhaps it could also just be an obsession. Anyone who thinks their first language is worse, in any way, than a language they don’t understand is obsessed somewhere since you can’t properly judge what amounts to random sounds…imo.
@60 miss the point much? Most games have the option for subtitles, sub or dub. I get enough of that elitism from anime guy’s. I’ll never understand the appeal.

+ Kishnabe on April 21st, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

Thank you, Namco for confirming.

One my E3 Promo Pre Order for sure.

Been a fan of the Tales since the Destiny.

I hope Innocence comes out as well….played the DS Import version and loved it. Hearts, I heard is the better of the two….I looked forward for it.

Xilla 2….obviously getting if I do manage to start up and finish Xilla by the time.

Please, Namco….consider a Western Remake of Rebirth in the future. Best Tales I have ever played….even if it was in a foreign language.

+ Gamer_X03 on April 21st, 2014 at 12:34 pm said:

2014 is a great year for jrpg fans.

+ Gamer_X03 on April 21st, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

Would love a Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment western release.

+ lisatsunami on April 21st, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

@60 Viewtiful: I agree with your 2 controversial points. I only understand a little J-nese and French, but prefer to hear games and movies in the language originally written in. For example, I started Ni No Kuni in English but switched to JVO and that was much, much better. Mr. Drippy’s original actor is fantastic. Librom in Soul Sacrifice is great in JVO, awful in English. It would be nice to have the option, IMO, but I’m grateful when any JRPG is brought to the West.

+ AizawaYuuichi on April 21st, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

This is awesome news! Thank you so much for finally bringing us Tales of for the Vita! I’ll pre-order it this week!
Really hope this does well enough that we get Innocence R as well. Considering how well Graces f and Xillia did, I’m hoping for the best. Looking forward to more details!

+ Sammyv17 on April 21st, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

I would also love a Gundam game on my Vita. I was excited when i saw Gundam Breaker on vita only to be saddened by the fact that it’s japanese only. I’d give you a whole $40 for a Gundam game.

+ Marvo995 on April 21st, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

I’d like to thank you so much for supporting Vita. Hearts R will be a most likely day one purchase for me,and I hope Innocence R will be localized sometime as well.

+ auron1014 on April 21st, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

Awesome! After playing Xillia last year, I’ve been wanting a Tales game on Vita. I’m looking forward to all the Tales games coming out!! I also wanted to be another person to say I’d love to have the PS3 version of Vesperia localized too. I keep hearing it’s great, but I don’t own a 360 :(

+ Hayterfan on April 21st, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

Awesome ill be getting it day one, now how about Vesperia for PS3, also Gundam vs Extreme Full Boost for U.S release

+ Trukzx on April 21st, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

Fantastic news :)

+ MWilksy on April 21st, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

Great stuff, I’ll definitely pick up a copy. Any news on Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment being confirmed for the west? Heard a rumour it will be coming over too this fall.

+ SliK6SiK on April 21st, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

I would definitely get Tales of Vesperia, still have the Limited Edition Tales of Xillia.

+ hazelcabug on April 21st, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Hope you guys will release Gods Eater 2 in west or just put an english sub in Asian region of the game =)

+ locutus442 on April 21st, 2014 at 2:41 pm said:

You cannot believe how delighted I was when I saw the announcement. Day one purchase for me definitely.

+ XxKyubi_kunxX on April 21st, 2014 at 2:47 pm said:

@Viewtiful_Gene

Quit being such a weeaboo and just let people have their dual audio, if you want to hear your precious Japanese audio so much, then listen to that. I’d gladly take the option for Japanese audio too, but don’t be a piece of garbage and trash on people that would prefer to actually hear the voices.
Either way, it’s not really your call because you know they’re going to make an English dub of it whether you like it or not.

+ iriihutoR84 on April 21st, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

Absolutely fantastic news. Hope this does well and spark an interest with Namco Bandai to bring over more of their fantastic Japanese catalog. I see a lot of requests for God Eater 2 for example and I must say it looks spectacular. Thank you, and I will pre-order this.

+ WaveLightning777 on April 21st, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

Welp, that did it, I’m getting a Vita now. Neptunia, Dangan Rompa, and all these games I’ve picked up on + were influencing it, but Tales did it. (PS: Avatars on PSN please?)

+ erika14344 on April 21st, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

Dear Bandai Namco,

I am an old school gamer and I never had Play Station 2. Ever since then I longed to play Tales. I am a big fan of Tales since I was *Age Delete*. It would be a great if you can release all the Tales Series in Bundles.
Example:

2.2.2 Tales of Eternia Online
2.2.3 Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Main series video games Bundle #6
2.2.4 Tales of VS.
2.2.5 Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave
2.2.6 Tales of Link

OR ALL IN ONE for PS3 I will buy!

*I’m too much ain’t I? :3 I love Tales Series!

+ viceforce on April 21st, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

I know this will NEVER happen but would love to see some Super Robot Taisen games coming to the west. And I don’t care if there Japanese audio just dub the translation (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DUB THE TRANSLATION).

+ divineLite on April 21st, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

Thanks for Tales of Hearts R, will obviously get this (the second time) on day one!!

And Sony, now that Vita has so many games announced and released in 2014, PLEASE make a list just like PS4… Pleassssee
Last but not least, thanks for the love for PSvita Sony (2014 is the far better than 2013 so far), now the only think it needs is more and better marketing

+ divineLite on April 21st, 2014 at 4:25 pm said:

anyway, Kor?
not Shing? I thought it’s better Shing Meteorite…

+ Viewtiful_Gene on April 21st, 2014 at 4:40 pm said:

“Nooooo muh freedom language is superior, and every media should be in english audio because muh little murrikan brain can’t read too much words, it’s too tiresome, and I hate non-murrikan people! Murrika is the world! every other country rejecting muh superior culture should be nuked!”

@lisatsunami
Glad to see that there are still some thinking people around these places, that can READ so they can get the point.

+ Souledge94 on April 21st, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

thank you very much and I hope its dubbed.Also can you give us some sort a LE that would be awesome and I would buy it day 1.I hope the other vita tales game comes over.

+ thesand212 on April 21st, 2014 at 4:53 pm said:

Will we getting the Link edition like japan

+ Elvick_ on April 21st, 2014 at 4:53 pm said:

Will EB Games get Hearts R as well? or will I have to import from the US?

Thank you for listening! And unrelated to Tales, but thank you for the limited retail release of One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Vita) as well.

+ Elvick_ on April 21st, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

On a negative note, why don’t you allow Tecmo Koei to publish DW: Gundam Reborn? They would probably put it at retail (like Europe) *AND* they would probably bring out the PS Vita version. It makes no sense to give consumers less, when TK is willing to give us more. Stop being lame.

Or at least do the Vita version and retail releases yourself. But if TK is willing to do the work, why not let them? Stifling your own sales is kind of dumb to me. I would have bought the game on Vita at retail, but now I just won’t bother with it. (much like One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2…)

+ Elvick_ on April 21st, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

Obligatory, would still buy Vesperia PS3 for $60.

+ PrinceofXIII on April 21st, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

Thanks Bandai Namco!

As long as the JPN voice is there i’m good to go!

Also bring these other titles as well!!

God Eater 2
Tales of Innocence R
Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost(or even the eventual Max Boost update so we could have the latest version)

@Teflon02

Lol you must be clueless to think they aren’t people outside of Japan that knows Japanese. I’m at my 7 month period right now and i’m slowly understand the dialogue and already i can tell how the English version tends to lose the context of a scene and becomes “Americanized”

I don’t mind Dub, but i prefer the original creator’s intention and not some random interpretation of an English ADR director who only has his own understanding and may or may not even stay true to the creator’s original intention.

Dual Audio is good, but if there’s only audio that’s possible, i’d take Japanese voices any day. Especially if some lazy company still refuses to put dual audio to this day(looks at “Atlus” US; as if they deserve the title Atlus to begin with)

+ PrinceofXIII on April 21st, 2014 at 5:37 pm said:

Also please Bandai Namco allow Tecmo Koei to publish the Vita versions of Shin Gundam Musou and One Piece Unlimited Red as well!!

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on April 21st, 2014 at 6:01 pm said:

Is this the game that came out during the Japanese Vita launch???

+ BlaqMagiq24 on April 21st, 2014 at 6:06 pm said:

This is a megaton! I will definitely be getting this! Thank you Namco for listening to your fans! Now can you PLEASE bring these over?

Tales of Vesperia PS3
Tales of Innocence R
Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost

+ Nin10gamer on April 21st, 2014 at 6:21 pm said:

ありがとございます ひでおさん!!!

+ Nin10gamer on April 21st, 2014 at 6:24 pm said:

oh yea and make sure there is a subbed option. one thing I didn’t like about Xillia was that it was forced dubbed. Japanese audio makes the game more authentic. Thanks. :)

+ Elvick_ on April 21st, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

@94: We’re already getting the Vita version of One Piece: Unlimited World Red and they’re doing a limited retail run exclusive to EB/GameStop. Good enough for me.

+ Sarges24 on April 21st, 2014 at 6:50 pm said:

Always nice to see a portable Tales game…. Like many others, Vesperia please! PS3/4/Vita any will do for me…