Bloodborne

The Walking Dead: Season Two Out Now on PS Vita

Laura Perusco's Avatar + Posted by Laura Perusco on Apr 22, 2014 // Community Lead, Telltale Games

The Walking Dead S2 on PS Vita

The day has arrived! The first two episodes of The Walking Dead: Season Two are now available on PS Vita.

Each episode is $4.99 — or you can save 20% over purchasing each of the episodes individually by getting the Season Pass.

As with The Walking Dead: Season One, we’ve added a little something special for Vita: you can play with the analog controls and face buttons, or switch to touchscreen only for a more “intimate” undead experience.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and be sure to keep an eye out for news on the upcoming Episode 3 — In Harm’s Way!

+ shadow71 on April 22nd, 2014 at 4:56 pm said:

WOOT!

+ Ateam043 on April 22nd, 2014 at 4:57 pm said:

I may be in the minority on this, as good as the episodes are, it doesn’t feel like a game to me. It feels to me like a great story where the player makes a few options and that’s it.

I got season 1 when Sony decided to add it to the sale, but I’ll be staying away from this one until the price drops. Hopefully the story telling is just as good as season one.

+ Valde_zerocool on April 22nd, 2014 at 5:10 pm said:

Walking Dead is awesome, I already crushed episode 1 and 2. Will the future episodes see a simul release alongside the console version? Also any plans to bring Wolf Among Us to Vita? Keep up the great work.

+ Gman2989 on April 22nd, 2014 at 5:21 pm said:

I bought the season pass, and own season 1 on a game cart. I completed season 1 and 400 days. When I go to import my file from season 1 with the cart inserted it says “Could not find saved data on the PS Vita card that can be used with this application.” Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong (if so what should I do). Thanks!

+ Kieferw on April 22nd, 2014 at 5:55 pm said:

I hope the frame rate issues are fixed in season 2

+ Link01 on April 22nd, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

Are there any plans to release the Walking Dead series on the PS4?

+ Naustradamus on April 22nd, 2014 at 6:44 pm said:

@4

Same boat as you. Completed Season 1, game is still installed on my vita, yet it says the same error message. Even tried to force download from PSPlus save to the vita, doesn’t see it. Deleted both the games and re-downloaded 1 by one starting with season 2 content, same thing.

Hopping it’s a bug, yet googled it and not finding anyone with same issue … yet.

+ QueenB82 on April 22nd, 2014 at 6:49 pm said:

Yeah…..really great and everything, but, uh, how about you let those of us know that’s been waiting for TWAU’s Vita version to come out a freakin’ date already….<_<

You guys (and gals) claimed we'd here something by February–but fell silent since. I mean, I get TWD is your shining child and bread-n-butter but if you were gonna just toss aside TWAU's Vita project like that, then you shouldn't of ever announced you were gonna do it in the first place (or don't at least don't say anything until you had it part-way done or done completely). Super lame. :(

+ Mando44646 on April 22nd, 2014 at 7:20 pm said:

Sorry Telltale. Vita is my preferred platform but I bought the full season on PS3 already because you don’t care to support us on Vita. Its a sad day when gaming companies prioritize platforms like iOS over real gaming platforms

+ Swotam on April 22nd, 2014 at 7:27 pm said:

It would be nice if the folks from Sony and Telltale would actually answer the question about future episodes releasing at the same time on Vita as on PS3. It’s not like this hasn’t been asked 100 times already since Season 2 on the Vita was announced.

But of course, as usual, nothing.

You guys really need to come up with a better social media strategy than your current one-way method. You ignore your customers at your peril.

+ luvtoseek on April 22nd, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

Guys/gals, my guess is- TT games will reach Vita owners but they’ll hit the consoles first… cuz wider audience. If there’s a simultaneous release, well, gamers may choose a specific platform to purchase while a staggered release = another possible purchase @ a later date.

On the mobile front, TT may have an exclusivity period w/ Apple- hence the late Android port. But at least their games end up Everywhere! (; Even a PS4 TWD S1 edition was just leaked this week…

+ DANNYJBG on April 22nd, 2014 at 7:59 pm said:

i have the same problem, how i import mi season 1 save to continue the season 2?

+ SLEEPYsleep on April 23rd, 2014 at 12:24 am said:

@2 You are right but is jus what it is, like an interactive comic. Although I would like to see more crucial “choose” parts that have more extreme consequences and influence on the outcome of the story. also more subtle things like an item that is easy to miss even if you are a good explorer that can greatly help you 2 episodes later but if you did miss it, its not a fail, like it wont bother to play the cutscene to explain the importance of this item unless you have it on you.
games need to bring back secrets!!!

+ SLEEPYsleep on April 23rd, 2014 at 12:31 am said:

@6 I konw season one GOTY is being released in June for PS4 so I imagine season 2 will soon follow.
P.S Thank you SONY as always for this and always being awesome, please bring us the Wolf among us soon.
and pleas continue to make more impossible stuff possible (recent news on delta, freedom, and oreshika) and localize sword art online vita game too . Love you Playstation

+ ToFeY on April 23rd, 2014 at 1:48 am said:

YAYOOOO does that mean when episode 3 comes out it’ll be on PS3 & vita at the same time? ;D
uhhh YES PLZ THANK YOU!!!

+ Lunarsoul01 on April 23rd, 2014 at 2:02 am said:

@4 and 12 If you bought the game in card form you go to the import option in the live area, if you bought it digitally you have to have the game and save data on your vita and start the first chapter. it will tell you that it’s going to look for season 1 data if you have it then the game will let you load it into season 2 keeping your choices.

+ IIL0YDII on April 23rd, 2014 at 5:03 am said:

Either release same time as Consoles/PC or release when the season ends as full edition, its like being not able to watch lastest episode of Game of Thrones and everyone near you talking about it, stop teasing us.

+ darkspacemarinex on April 23rd, 2014 at 5:24 am said:

I cant download the first episode only the second ep comes up is there a problem

+ Sharp_andPointy on April 23rd, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

I also have beaten both episodes last night. And I really liked it.

+ WorkingTavo on April 23rd, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Great news! But Telltale needs to get The Wolf Among Us on Vita ASAP! Can’t believe they’re not doing this soon! Come on!

+ Lt_Sokol on April 23rd, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Both me and my wife enjoyed the first season on the PS3. Since we don’t own the console anymore and I have moved on to the PS4 it would be nice to continue the series.

Especially since our two separate playthroughs are saved on the cloud. We need a PS4 version :)

+ LPHeroLine on April 23rd, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

Awesome! Personally, I hate having to wait between episodes, but once all are released, I will play. Now to mentally prepare for the incredibly difficult job of avoiding major spoilers.

+ Gman2989 on April 23rd, 2014 at 5:02 pm said:

@16 That is exactly how I did it. This stinks because I can’t play this until I can import my file….. can someone please help us?

+ Adonai on April 23rd, 2014 at 5:05 pm said:

Man this slowdown is painful at times, but how great is it to have Season Two finally on Vita. Can anyone confirm that episodes in the future are going to be day and date with console versions from now on?

+ jimfear on April 23rd, 2014 at 6:33 pm said:

the 1st season was a buggy mess on vita. You are a terrible developpers who dont care about quality of his product. I hope no one will buy this crap.

+ DREIXC on April 23rd, 2014 at 10:13 pm said:

I have the same issue importing files from S1

+ lu05061994 on April 24th, 2014 at 3:52 am said:

Well I bought the game last night and it didn’t download after I purchased and I’ve been trying to find the game and I just can’t find it and it seems that psn doesn’t give a **** they don’t even helped me

+ Niko_Yoshimitsu on April 24th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

nice walking dead season 2

+ my360broke_again on April 24th, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

man! I couldnt find ep 2 anywhere! and no season pass. So I just bought ep1 for full price last night.
Then saw this article today. I still cant find ep 2 or season pass.

+ atylerman5 on April 24th, 2014 at 5:40 pm said:

Could we get an option to turn off the border in the future?

+ deeperfry on April 24th, 2014 at 8:58 pm said:

Thanks for getting Walking Dead Season 2 rolling on Vita. Any news on Wolf Among us for the Vita?

+ luna808seav2 on April 24th, 2014 at 10:28 pm said:

This should have been a cross buy in my eyes. Sorry would have been nice to have it on my vita but already paid for the PS3 season pass. Or maybe if it was released at the same time give the players a choice of either console I would have bought it for the vita instead of the PS3. This game is perfect for handheld. My 2 cents.

+ fishcow199 on April 26th, 2014 at 12:20 pm said:

Great, instant buy from me, but please try to release the episodes at the same time as the other platforms, I want to see what happens next!!! >___<

+ BatmanisGrady97 on May 6th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

I know it has been asked before….but will the third episode of Season 2 be released on Vita the same say as on PS3? I bought episodes one and two the minute I realized they were out on the day they dropped for Vita, and I finished them so very quickly I need more!