PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 4/29/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Apr 27, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Enchanted realms, haunted halls, and outlandish fighters join the gaming family this week with another robust lineup of new games coming to PlayStation.

Harken, fantasy lovers, and take note: Child of Light launches this week on PS3 and PS4. This tribute to old-school JRPGs follows the melancholic story of Aurora, daughter to an Austrian duke and visitor to the strange realm of Lemuria. Lost and brave, this little hero embarks on a quest to vanquish the Black Queen and reclaim the Sun, Moon, and Stars. The developers at Ubisoft Montreal have taken great measures to ensure this is one of the prettiest games to debut in recent memory.

And for those that pine over a good scare, Daylight arrives on PS4. This procedurally generated horror game follows Sarah Gwynn as she works her way through skin-crawling environments, outrunning specters with only the light from her phone to guide her.

For a complete list of games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Bust-a-Move 4
Child of Light
Daylight
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle
Raiden IV: Overkill
Rambo The Video Game
Scourge: Outbreak
Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3, PS4 — Digital, Retail
Unravel a threat against New York City as the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Play as both the famed webhead and also Peter Parker, battle all-new villains, explore a fully-realized Manhattan, and unleash new abilities. Happy swinging.
Bust-a-Move 4
PSone Classic — Digital
The addictive, adrenaline-pumping classic is back! Bust bubbles in this fan-favorite puzzle game across a variety of modes with numerous playable characters. Keep an eye out for Kurol — she’s totally adorable.
PS3, PS4 — Digital
A jaw-dropping tribute to JRPGs. Join the brave Aurora on her quest through the mystical realm of Lemuria. Wage war in a rich, turn-based battle system with a party of quirky and charming heroes. Play alone, or with a partner.
PS4 — Digital
Endure the haunted halls and misty woods in a procedurally generated horror experience, in which no two playthroughs are the same. Unreal Engine 4 powers atmospheric settings alongside bone-chilling sounds.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
Live the wild and eccentric battles ripped straight from the legendary manga. Play as characters plucked from throughout the entire series, and wield signature moves against AI opponents or friends online.
Raiden IV: Overkill
PS3 — Digital
The frantic shooter series is back with Overkill mode, brimming with new missions and a revamped scoring system. Unleash hell on the opposition with new weapons and returning fan-favorites like the Spread Shot and Vulcan Laser.
Rambo The Video Game
PS3 — Digital, Retail
Featuring 16 missions based on the movie series, create chaos with Rambo’s iconic bow, knife, and guns. Pit Rambo against 25 varying enemy types and use more than a dozen weapons.
Scourge: Outbreak
PS3 — Digital
Blast through Nogari Island as the elite Echo Squad, a storied group of mercenaries. Utilize a potent array of weapons and abilities to destroy all that stand between Echo Squad and its objectives. Full co-op campaign for up to four players.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels
PS3 — Digital
Duel Yu-Gi-Oh! characters from the past and present of the card-slinging series. Includes the latest cards from the trading card game, single-player challenges, and online multiplayer.

Demos and Betas

Child of Light — PS3, PS4 Demo
LEGO The Hobbit — PS3 Demo
Scourge: Outbreak — PS3 Demo
Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels — PS3 Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Drop into Lemuria for a grand adventure.

+ PainOfSarrow on April 27th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Rambo video game hmmm

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

The Rambo is real.

+ asilentnoise on April 27th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Already pre-ordered Child of Light …

You might say I am BEYOND! excited !

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Oh my. Beyond!

+ Etrotplayer on April 27th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Looking forward to getting Child of Light,Daylight,& Spider-Man for PS4!

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

It’s a huge week for PS4! Most eager for Child of Light, myself. :3

+ CaruthK on April 27th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

I’m going to be playing Child of Light & Raiden IV: Overkill this week.

Ryan I’ve been meaning to say glad to have you on PS-Blog. I’ve been reading/listening to you since IGN & Podcast Beyond…

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

Thank you very much. It’s so great to be here to help support the PlayStation family!

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 27th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

Just Daylight for me, hopefully it is as good as Outlast.
I know May is gonna be the more expensive month with games for PS3,PS4,PS Vita, 3DS, and Wii U.

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Hope you enjoy Daylight! The Zombie team is great.

+ yowzagabowza on April 27th, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

Prices and DLC please. Or you may as well “drop” these posts all together.

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Thank you for the feedback. This post mainly highlights what games are coming. We have prices and DLC featured in our weekly store post which follows just a few days later! ^_^

Cheers.

+ Doc_Tury on April 27th, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

Beyond Ryan! Child of Light on the horizon! Good old RPG experience with beautiful graphics! Can’t wait!

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

Me nether, Doc! So pumped. Really have been looking forward to that one for a long while.

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 27th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Also glad to see PSone Classics still being brought to PSN, i am still hoping for these:
Tomb Raider: Chronicles
-Fear Effect
-Fear Effect: Retro Helix (Yes i know these 3 are made by Eidos)
-Resident Evil: Survivor
-Rival Schools

+ t36066 on April 27th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

The rambo is real??? Yeh right. You know the game is garbage.

+ cheeckoo42 on April 27th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

thanks for the drop

any idea if Rambo has move support ?

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Not sure, sorry! We don’t publish that one.

+ notoptimus on April 27th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

Another console only Yu-gi-oh game. I’ll give the demo a try but I really want to have a new game on my Vita (or 3DS).

+ FifthDream on April 27th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

Got my Child of Light preordered. Can’t wait to play in a couple of days.

And Bust-a-Move 4? Hmmm. Might need to grab that, too. :D

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Child of Light!

+ Destiny89 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

A new Yu Gi Oh game? man im so buying!

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Yuuuuu-Giiiiii-Oooooh!

+ V-Angelus01 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

Im sure spiderman will revitalizing the old web swinging feel good factor that itvhad before. Bringing back the realistic web attaching on building and swingin around the city in older spiderman games. Which i spent HOURS AND HOURS on just swinging around the country, not caring about anything else. The most fun in a spiderman games is now reborn. SWINGING

+ gerneric123 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

The devs behind Scourge: Outbreak said it was getting delayed due to Gamespy’s closure.

+ klleristonr17 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Rambo and it seriously? They should ban this atrocity they call the game.!!

+ Lucent85 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Wow. Didn’t know we get Daylight this week. That’s two Lights in one week. =D

+ Ryan Clements on April 27th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Funny, right?

+ NX_Nytrux on April 27th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Child of Light, yes!!! Where are the PS2 Classics?

+ Lackshmana on April 27th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

Suikoden 2 was recentlyrate by the ESRB for PS3.

I am holding my money to buy copies on PSN for myself and all my friends.

+ Lackshmana on April 27th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

*recently rated

+ RonZombie91 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Can’t wait for Spider-Man on PS4! Now if we could just get Ultimate Spider-Man as a PS2 classic!

+ RagingMexicano87 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Anybody know if Raiden 4 Overkill has trophies??

+ samv33 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Lot of games this week, wow. And not to add even more words to each listing, but knowing the developer/publisher would be nice as well. Like I can’t remember if Daylight is the Atlus game.

+ OnelShot on April 27th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Am certainly paying attention to Child of Light and Daylight (gotta see what Anthony Giagos been doing).

+ King_Omega_34 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Cool. Definitely checking out Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels and Child of Light.

+ Tinye310 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

O.o bust a move – I haven’t played that since the first one. I hope it’s available on Vita

+ Tinye310 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

btw child of light instant buy – woot – probably get the soundtrack too

+ kudubik on April 27th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

No Suikoden II ? Sad Panda….

+ toru248okada on April 27th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Dear Playstation Powerhouse,

Please tell me that the reason Magic the Gathering isn’t coming to Playstation platforms this year is because Hearthstone is coming? eh? Hopefully both will come to PS :)

+ Blacq_Soul on April 27th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

definitely considering that yu-gi-oh game mainly bc it has classic yu-gi-oh and GX. not a fan of the later series

+ hawjboi2009 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

hey Ryan Clement, any info about Watch Dogs available for pre-order in PSN Store ? can’t wait to play Daylight on ps4 but ughh i have only 10.50 left as SEN wallet.. that shame for it cost 11.99 instead 9.99

+ TooLegit505 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

I’ll bet you guys Wipeout, Uncharted, and Gravity Rush are still free PS Plus games. Will they every not be? Are they doomed to be on there forever? Why can’t they be switched with newer games? They have been on there forever, ever since I got my system. PLEASE REMOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ eggmiester28 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

mmm Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels interests me hopefully its better then the last ps3 yu-gi-oh game.

+ Husteen on April 27th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

oh wow, i didn’t realize my birthday falls on a tuesday, a.k.a store-update-day. cool!

child of light – will definitely get (finally a game where we can fly!)

spiderman 2 – might get

daylight – will possibly get. have to see more of it

also, i already watched that making the music video for child of light. the game looks incredible, and the music sounds so lovely. i didn’t know there was a preorder bonus for that game, i’ll have to check it out.

+ Death_to_Xbox_ on April 27th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

@ RagingMexicano87 Yes Raiden IV has trophies take a look > http://www.trueachievements.com/Raiden-IV/achievements.htm I know this achievements list but they should be the same for the trophies.
Raiden IV OverKill is a day one purchase for me I have been waiting along time.

+ Death_to_Xbox_ on April 27th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

@ RagingMexicano87 Yes Raiden IV has trophies take a look > trueachievements.com/Raiden-IV/achievements.htm I know this achievements list but they should be the same for the trophies.
Raiden IV OverKill is a day one purchase for me I have been waiting along time.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

+ Cat_Corye on April 27th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Daylight hells yeah, Raiden must get and the Yugioh………………….. Well I hope its better then the last one, the last one has alot of problems with the cards.

P.S. Ryan, awesome reply on comment #14 lol.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on April 27th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

WOW I am so impressed with Child of Light now. I absolutely LOVE Coeur de Pirate!! She’s my favorite artist. I didn’t know she started doing video game music, haha, this is so cool. I suppose I can’t live in Montréal, listen to Coeur de Pirate, love JRPGs and still not buy Child of Light… It’s not a choice anymore, I’ll simply have to buy it! I’m sure I’ll love it, it looks amazing!

+ Fedast on April 27th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

Thanks for the Drop Ryan. A suggestion, I think the site would look better with the images inside the cells with the game description.

+ italodancemp3 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:50 am said:

What? Sony? You’ve got to be kidding me?!?!? No PS Vita game this week? What? Hello?! What’s wrong with you? We want daylight on Vita.

+ italodancemp3 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

I won’t keep my PS Plus for next month lol no vita game and no vita discount this week.

+ Mando44646 on April 27th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

I still don’t see why Child of Light isnt on Vita. It’d be beautiful on that OLED screen.

Also, hope there are good Vita sales this week to make up for ignoring Vita in the Easter sale and 2 months of downright horrid IGC additions. Someday maybe Sony will give it the attention it deserves to succeed

+ Praxcelis on April 27th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Know what? It’s a great time to own a PS3! It may now be old news to many, but I just bought my PS3 two months ago and I have enjoyed every single day of game play since. I pre-ordered Child of Light and can’t wait for it!

+ Viewtiful_Gene on April 27th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

I’m ready to オラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラ

+ Wonderclutch on April 27th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

The Vita Batman 75th anniversary sale games…. They are not on sale anymore. Why???

+ ps_psychedelic on April 27th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

Daylight for me it is, hopefully tho’, it gets a discount for PS+ (“oh you’re a cheap $$$!!@$@$” = Yes, I am).

And like somebody said May is killer, many good games coming in all platforms, specially a little something for Wii U the 30th.

+ TWODEEEE on April 27th, 2014 at 12:58 pm said:

NO ONE BUY RAMBO, game is horrible

+ july161986 on April 27th, 2014 at 12:59 pm said:

yu-gi-oh please. im glad this is a mix of all the yugioh style. been waiting for this since i saw it on the xbox

+ WilHiteWarrior on April 27th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

Sony, I’m quite disappointed in you. Last week it was made possible to download all PS1 and PSP games on the Vita. But apparently this was an accident… so you undid it. Accident or not, it was a good thing. You could have just left it that way and made all vita owners very happy but you didnt. Furthermore, if it can be done so easily that someone could do it by accident, it proves that you could do it if you wanted to, you just don’t. That’s some Microsoft level stuff right there.

PAGE 1 2 3