The Last Guardian

Apr 27

Apr 27

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

It’s been a week of Dogs, Dads and Dead this week, with a bunch of new info on Watch_Dogs courtesy of our own Ryan Clements, the release of Octodad: Dadliest Catch on PS4, and The Walking Dead Season Two on PS Vita.

Local co-op sensation Sportsfriends comes to PS4 and PS3 on May 6th (your chance to finally try Johann Sebastian Joust), we’re prepping to hit the Road to Greatness, where you’ll get to play a bunch of unreleased PS4 and PS Vita games, Evolve got a hot new interactive trailer, and more happened this week.

I sat down with a couple friends and played Octodad: Dadliest Catch 3-player co-op with roulette enabled — which means that every time we completed an objective, the limbs we were in control of changed. It was some of the most ridiculous, hilarious fun I’ve had with a game, and I recommend you and your pals give it a shot.

What are you playing?

• I’m playing: Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • I’m watching: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (again)
  • I’m listening to: George and Jonathan

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

PlayStation Blogcast 118

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

CapJSheridan said:

April 27th, 10:28 am

PSOne Classics?

Bowl10 said:

April 27th, 10:40 am

Will there be any explanation regarding list of PSP/PS1 games playable and downloadable during Monday and Tuesday (21st and 22nd April)?

@adsps: @yosp @amboyes @giocorsi @shahidkamal Please re-enable the PSOne, PSP games on Vita. Fans want it! #VITAnoLicenseLock #FreeOurGamesOnVita

morris_family said:

April 27th, 10:48 am

Now if only you guys added something worth downloading…. Been a “Plus Member” 6 months after it debuted, true some were good (in the beginning) but have been really bad as of late.

Again, I am looking forward to nothing again.

Bowl10 said:

April 27th, 10:49 am

For more info:
Sony Fixes PS VITA – PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

ImInZone said:

April 27th, 11:08 am

i want to try that octodad.

t36066 said:

April 27th, 11:49 am

Youtube for ps4??

Teflon02 said:

April 27th, 12:00 pm

I guess they ain’t doing around the web to avoid the PSOne and PSP games on Vita?

viceforce said:

April 27th, 12:39 pm

I’m playing: Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z: In Time of Hell, Tomb Raider: DE and Dead Nation
I’m watching: Agents of Shield and Cardfight Vanguard
I’m Eating: Ritz Crackers

davidxraw said:

April 27th, 1:03 pm

This weekend = no $.99 flash sale. :(

StalkerD said:

April 27th, 1:47 pm

Sony, I have to say that I am deeply disappointed in you. The way you handled the PS Vita this week was simply despicable.

In the beginning of the week, suddenly all PSX and PSP games that your consumers have always asked for, were playable on the PS Vita. Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Metal Gear Portable Ops, etc. They all became playable. People downloaded them. This showed that your longtime excuse that the publishers had to get the games compatible was a lie. YOU managed to get all of them working, out of the blue, without telling anyone, and people loved it. And then you took it away.

Also, you announced a Batman 75th anniversary sale on this very blog. Few days later, both PS Vita games on sale (Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate and Injustice) were no longer with they PS Plus discounts, unlike the others.

In a single week you spat on the face of your consumers, people willing to purchase content and spread the word about the wonders of the PS Vita. This is truly inexcusable.

We deserve explanations and we deserve compensation. We deserve to have the discount that was taken away from us, and we deserve to play the games that are no longer available to us.

StalkerD said:

April 27th, 1:49 pm

This “Week in Playstation” was truly a dark one. Nothing to celebrate. Only to remember. And regret.

itachi3xa said:

April 27th, 1:58 pm

not really happy with the line up =(
but still free stuff i guess

Burly109 said:

April 27th, 2:27 pm

Totally not impressed. Yay! We get a game that, at one point, was at risk of being pulled from the network altogether! Joy! C’mon, Sony.

PanTheMan16 said:

April 27th, 2:59 pm

Hey Justin, do you think you could pass a note to whoever is tasked with keeping the 2014 game releases updated? Some of the games on that list have already been released from the Spring and the TBA section, and some of the games now have release dates/windows.

Still hoping for the triumphant return of “What We’re Reading” too. :P

PanTheMan16 said:

April 27th, 3:02 pm

Also wanted to say that Octodad: Dadliest Catch is awesome. I’ve been looking forward to it since E3 2013 and was not disappointed. SUPER fun game. Although, considering it’s length I think it should be priced around $7.99 or so.

gabe2255 said:

April 27th, 4:15 pm

still waiting for more like thief and skyrim gimme something fun to play

Putrid_Undead said:

April 27th, 5:53 pm

Any news about what;s going on with the Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate discount?

Really want to buy the game but the store has been showing the incorrect price since at least Friday. Will it be updated in time to get the sale price? Support don’t seem confident that it’ll happen.

Deadpoolian said:

April 27th, 6:46 pm

Octodad is soooo much fun! I highly recommend anyone with a PS4 to check it out.

rabidninjamonky said:

April 27th, 7:15 pm

I just finished South Park The Stick of Truth a couple days ago, and it was a pretty massive letdown. Critics are terrible these days. The game was very fun at first, but the rpg stuff wasn’t near as good as critics led me to believe. My character level capped about halfway through the game, and I didn’t even do any grinding. Not only that, but there was a weapon I bought halfway through the game from a shop that was better than anything I found the rest of the game, so the last half of the game was more boring action game than rpg. Funny game/broken rpg mechanics. I just started Demon Gaze though, and I’m loving it. I’m sure the critics will hate it though.

Ramon922 said:

April 27th, 8:03 pm

On the batman sale is Batman Arkham Asylum a full game

Kastle said:

April 28th, 11:57 am

Its not much of a give away if nobody even wants these kiddy games. How about giving away something cool and fun. You are making millions on PS Plus memberships and yet giving us leftover GARBAGE in return.

Kastle said:

April 28th, 11:58 am

How about an actual full fledged adult game for PS4? Please no more kiddy games.