GTAV PS4

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Apr 27, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

It’s been a week of Dogs, Dads and Dead this week, with a bunch of new info on Watch_Dogs courtesy of our own Ryan Clements, the release of Octodad: Dadliest Catch on PS4, and The Walking Dead Season Two on PS Vita.

Local co-op sensation Sportsfriends comes to PS4 and PS3 on May 6th (your chance to finally try Johann Sebastian Joust), we’re prepping to hit the Road to Greatness, where you’ll get to play a bunch of unreleased PS4 and PS Vita games, Evolve got a hot new interactive trailer, and more happened this week.

I sat down with a couple friends and played Octodad: Dadliest Catch 3-player co-op with roulette enabled — which means that every time we completed an objective, the limbs we were in control of changed. It was some of the most ridiculous, hilarious fun I’ve had with a game, and I recommend you and your pals give it a shot.

What are you playing?

• I’m playing: Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • I’m watching: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (again)
  • I’m listening to: George and Jonathan

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

PlayStation Blogcast 118

Most-Watched Video of the Week

22 Comments

+ CapJSheridan on April 27th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

PSOne Classics?

+ Bowl10 on April 27th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Will there be any explanation regarding list of PSP/PS1 games playable and downloadable during Monday and Tuesday (21st and 22nd April)?

@adsps: @yosp @amboyes @giocorsi @shahidkamal Please re-enable the PSOne, PSP games on Vita. Fans want it! #VITAnoLicenseLock #FreeOurGamesOnVita

+ morris_family on April 27th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Now if only you guys added something worth downloading…. Been a “Plus Member” 6 months after it debuted, true some were good (in the beginning) but have been really bad as of late.

Again, I am looking forward to nothing again.

+ Bowl10 on April 27th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

For more info:
Sony Fixes PS VITA – PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

+ ImInZone on April 27th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

i want to try that octodad.

+ t36066 on April 27th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

Youtube for ps4??

+ Teflon02 on April 27th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

I guess they ain’t doing around the web to avoid the PSOne and PSP games on Vita?

+ viceforce on April 27th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

I’m playing: Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z: In Time of Hell, Tomb Raider: DE and Dead Nation
I’m watching: Agents of Shield and Cardfight Vanguard
I’m Eating: Ritz Crackers

+ davidxraw on April 27th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

This weekend = no $.99 flash sale. :(

+ StalkerD on April 27th, 2014 at 1:47 pm said:

Sony, I have to say that I am deeply disappointed in you. The way you handled the PS Vita this week was simply despicable.

In the beginning of the week, suddenly all PSX and PSP games that your consumers have always asked for, were playable on the PS Vita. Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Metal Gear Portable Ops, etc. They all became playable. People downloaded them. This showed that your longtime excuse that the publishers had to get the games compatible was a lie. YOU managed to get all of them working, out of the blue, without telling anyone, and people loved it. And then you took it away.

Also, you announced a Batman 75th anniversary sale on this very blog. Few days later, both PS Vita games on sale (Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate and Injustice) were no longer with they PS Plus discounts, unlike the others.

In a single week you spat on the face of your consumers, people willing to purchase content and spread the word about the wonders of the PS Vita. This is truly inexcusable.

We deserve explanations and we deserve compensation. We deserve to have the discount that was taken away from us, and we deserve to play the games that are no longer available to us.

+ StalkerD on April 27th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

This “Week in Playstation” was truly a dark one. Nothing to celebrate. Only to remember. And regret.

+ itachi3xa on April 27th, 2014 at 1:58 pm said:

not really happy with the line up =(
but still free stuff i guess

+ Burly109 on April 27th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Totally not impressed. Yay! We get a game that, at one point, was at risk of being pulled from the network altogether! Joy! C’mon, Sony.

+ PanTheMan16 on April 27th, 2014 at 2:59 pm said:

Hey Justin, do you think you could pass a note to whoever is tasked with keeping the 2014 game releases updated? Some of the games on that list have already been released from the Spring and the TBA section, and some of the games now have release dates/windows.

Still hoping for the triumphant return of “What We’re Reading” too. :P

+ PanTheMan16 on April 27th, 2014 at 3:02 pm said:

Also wanted to say that Octodad: Dadliest Catch is awesome. I’ve been looking forward to it since E3 2013 and was not disappointed. SUPER fun game. Although, considering it’s length I think it should be priced around $7.99 or so.

+ gabe2255 on April 27th, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

still waiting for more like thief and skyrim gimme something fun to play

+ Putrid_Undead on April 27th, 2014 at 5:53 pm said:

Any news about what;s going on with the Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate discount?

Really want to buy the game but the store has been showing the incorrect price since at least Friday. Will it be updated in time to get the sale price? Support don’t seem confident that it’ll happen.

+ Deadpoolian on April 27th, 2014 at 6:46 pm said:

Octodad is soooo much fun! I highly recommend anyone with a PS4 to check it out.

+ rabidninjamonky on April 27th, 2014 at 7:15 pm said:

I just finished South Park The Stick of Truth a couple days ago, and it was a pretty massive letdown. Critics are terrible these days. The game was very fun at first, but the rpg stuff wasn’t near as good as critics led me to believe. My character level capped about halfway through the game, and I didn’t even do any grinding. Not only that, but there was a weapon I bought halfway through the game from a shop that was better than anything I found the rest of the game, so the last half of the game was more boring action game than rpg. Funny game/broken rpg mechanics. I just started Demon Gaze though, and I’m loving it. I’m sure the critics will hate it though.

+ Ramon922 on April 27th, 2014 at 8:03 pm said:

On the batman sale is Batman Arkham Asylum a full game

+ Kastle on April 28th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

Its not much of a give away if nobody even wants these kiddy games. How about giving away something cool and fun. You are making millions on PS Plus memberships and yet giving us leftover GARBAGE in return.

+ Kastle on April 28th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

How about an actual full fledged adult game for PS4? Please no more kiddy games.