PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Golden Week Sale Celebrates Japanese Games

Chieh Chen's Avatar + Posted by Chieh Chen on Apr 28, 2014 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Golden Week Sale

Hey everyone! I’m excited to announce we’re celebrating acclaimed Japanese games on PS3 and PS Vita as part of the Golden Week Sale starting tomorrow and running through May 5th. In Japan, Golden Week encompasses four national holidays, and doubles as the biggest travel and shopping season of the year. This week, we pay homage to this tradition with a golden (wink) opportunity to pick up some awesome games at up to 50% off. PlayStation Plus members get an added bonus, receiving up to 75% off.

Get Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, rain, Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Soulcalibur V, and more fantastic Japanese-developed PS3 and PS Vita games at some sweet discounts. Check out the full line-up below:

Title

PS Plus Sale Price

Sale Price

Original Price

Armored Core: Verdict Day (PS3)

$5.00

$9.99

$19.99

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)

$24.49

$34.99

$49.99

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (PS Vita)

$19.59

$27.99

$39.99

Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (PS Vita)

$19.59

$27.99

$39.99

Chrono Cross (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)

$3.49

$4.99

$9.99

Chrono Trigger (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)

$3.49

$4.99

$9.99

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita)

$32.39

$35.99

$39.99

Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS3)

$8.99

$14.99

$29.99

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3)

$15.00

$29.99

$59.99

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS Vita)

$10.00

$19.99

$39.99

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS3)

$5.00

$9.99

$19.99

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (PS3)

$14.69

$20.99

$29.99

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)

$14.99

$24.99

$49.99

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)

$11.99

$19.99

$39.99

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (PS Vita)

$8.99

$14.99

$29.99

Muramasa Rebirth (PS Vita)

$7.49

$12.49

$24.99

Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita)

$14.62

$19.49

$29.99

rain (PS3)

$3.75

$7.49

$14.99

Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers (PS3)

$15.00

$29.99

$59.99

SoulCalibur V (PS3)

$5.00

$9.99

$19.99

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)

$10.00

$19.99

$39.99

Time and Eternity (PS3)

$9.79

$13.99

$19.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS Vita)

$19.59

$27.99

$39.99

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3)

$10.49

$17.49

$34.99

Remember to visit PlayStation Store tomorrow to snag these games while they are on sale. Which games are you planning on picking up?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ Kaneda0079 on April 28th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

MGS HD Collection!!! Sold Out!!! n_n

+ DarkStar83x on April 28th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

Oh, my poor bank account!

+ notoptimus on April 28th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

@20 Same here! And you even have my avatar! Had to check the name to see if I was already here in my sleep.

+ godshand3547 on April 28th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

Saint seiya brave soldiers COME WITH ME
Wait, where is my wallet? HEY, GET BACK HERE. YOU ARE STAYING HERE TILL YOU ARE EMPTY, GOT IT?

Well played Sony, my wallet is crying now

+ Yanakool on April 28th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

This is the sale I’ve been waiting for!

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on April 28th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

Me too! What are you going to get?

+ Sorahl213 on April 28th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

I cant stop hyper ventilating. The hype is too real. Been waiting to pick up ToS till then end of the year, but i cant say no to $10!!!

+ TeamGreen615 on April 28th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

I paid full price for both Muramasa and Y’s when they came out and have never regretted it. Muramasa is one of the prettiest games on the Vita. You can’t go wrong with either one. Overall these are some good sales.

+ birratucaX on April 28th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

mgs hd in sale finally

+ RoII_chan on April 28th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

Omg!! my wallet its suffering!! but I cant help it! >_<!!

+ DanteMerfi on April 28th, 2014 at 7:56 am said:

See? If I buy an awesome game like Muramasa for $7 and then it becomes free on IGC down the road, I really don’t mind. It happened to me with Puppeteer. But if I pay $20 or more and then I see it for free a couple of months later, that would really tick me off.

+ Beargram on April 28th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

This sale is relevant to my interests.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on April 28th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

Your comment is relevant to mine. (#^.^#)

+ HankVenture5 on April 28th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

For putting the MGS HD Collection on sale, I will just say, thank you for being a friend.

+ faraway25 on April 28th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

Oh dear god! You guys have to stop…this is crazy…crazy AWESOME!! Time to bur through some cash again. ..also time to see if myood ps4 hdd fits in ps3 cause my 320gb one is officially out of room.

+ Aexuz on April 28th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

As N7-XenoRoxas said in the second post we need more avatars.. but some nice looking ones like the japanese store.

+ SirRamonTercero on April 28th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!
Going to get like 100$ in games. This totally justifies my two year bought of PS+, can’t believe i’ve ever doubted you

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on April 28th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Don’t let it happen again SirRamonTercero! (⌒.−)=★

+ Terror_Igaguri on April 28th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

I’ll pick ZoE!

+ KingTx88 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

Definitely have to get Metal Gear Solid HD for PS Vita.

+ Rirse on April 28th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

It probably too late, but is it possible to put Xenogears on sale with Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger?

+ Trendy_Kid on April 28th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Wow, this sale is blowing my mind.

+ GStylez1980 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

@#38 (Valyrious) and #50 (ThumbsOfSteel74)

I understand the apprehension in buying Muramasa when it just went free on EU PS Plus. But only you guys can decide at what actual price a game is worth taking the leap for. For instance, I bought Stealth Inc., Thomas Was Alone, and Lone Survivor during that big sale back in January. Each game was like $3-$4 during the sale. At that time, I had to decide if those games were worth that cost and be okay if they went free later. I took the leap, and was not upset when it went free a month or two later. I would feel the same if KZ: Mercenary went free in June…I bought it for $8 and it was totally worth it even if offered free later.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on April 28th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

So articulate, rational and respectful… GStylez1980, because of you I will sleep that much more soundly at night. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

+ GStylez1980 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Continued from #70 –

It’s not up to Sony to withhold games from Plus just because they offered it on sale just a month or two earlier. It’s up to us to make tough decisions and determine how much a game is really worth to us. For instance, I’m not going to buy Danganrompa because it’s not worth $35 to me right now. I’ve already made up in my mind that I won’t purchase that game for more than $15. When it drops below that, I will grab it, and won’t be upset if it goes free to Plus. However, I’m sold on DMC and Symphonia at $10 each. That’s the perfect value proposition for me (i.e., 5 games, 3 of which are fantastic, for $20…sold!).

+ wilfareus on April 28th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

SCEA redeemed~! :D

hmm what about HSG Vita?

+ Mando44646 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

Danganronpa for me! Too bad there arent more Vita games on sale here, but there’s some great ones I already own that everyone should buy – like Ys and P4G!

+ Mando44646 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

also, just a note to the PS team – making NA PS+ members pay for Muramasa while EU gets it free is just a bit problematic for many of us

+ Kurobokken on April 28th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Great sale for MGS HD Collection but can we get the legendary MGS1 and VR MIssion for sale too?!?!

+ SpaceOddity87 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

Nice to see another good sale so soon after the $1 extravaganza. Will definitely buy Chrono Cross and maybe a few others, but a few seem like prime candidates to come to plus, which makes me unsure.

+ GStylez1980 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

@60 (DanteMerfi) – But see, that sentiment is exactly what I’m talking about. You know, as a gamer, that $20 is not the rock bottom price that any game (PS3 or Vita) is going to get to. A majority of games end up being as low at $5 or $10 at some point after it’s released. So why would you spend $20 for it knowing that it could be free later on Plus and you’re going to be pissed that it is? If you continue to be patient, that game will drop in price and get to a point where you feel comfortable buying it, even if it’s offered for free later.

+ Blacq_Soul on April 28th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

great sale. already own Ys: Memories of Celceta and it was awesome! recommend to those who haven’t played it. I see a few games my vita and ps3 wouldn’t mind having. thank you, playstation!

+ samv33 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Yes! Awesome sale. Thanks. Anyone know, is Armored Core fun? Never played the series, but I’m a fan of FromSoft’s other games.

+ GStylez1980 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Continued from #77 -

Consumers (you, me, everyone) need to start taking more responsibility for the purchasing decisions that we make and stop blaming the businesses that are operating exactly how they are supposed to (i.e., to make a profit for their shareholders). You’re a hardcore gamer…you know how much games are and how much they can/should be. Personally, I will wait for months for certain games knowing that they will be $10 at Gamestop/Gamefly, unless I REALLY REALLY WANT IT. Case in point, I will be buying Borderlands 2 for Vita on Day 1 because I really want that game on the go. It’s worth $40 to me (plus the value proposition with most of the DLC included is hard to resist). I won’t be upset if months down the road, it’s free on PS Plus…I know what I want and when I want it.

+ DoombringerZero on April 28th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

Will probably jump on a few of these but it’s too bad that i just bought Muramasa and Ys on the 12th for full price.

+ Zionine on April 28th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

DBZ, Tales, DMC, and Chrono Cross for me.

+ ItaChu on April 28th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

damn… so many sales and im broke …. ToS HD should be added to this separately :( i bought the first one only for 20 bucks now i cant get the other one with this sale >.>

+ GStylez1980 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

@Mando44646 – But you and I both know that there’s a fair chance that US+ members will be getting Muramasa down the road. Every game does not release at the same time in the two different territories (see Bioshock Infinite, which US+ got a month before EU+).

If you believe Muramasa is worth $7.49 to you at this very moment, AND you won’t be upset if it’s free through Plus later, then why wait!? It’s a fantastic game and personally, I’d jump all over it at that nominal price. But if you think you’ll be upset later if it’s on Plus, then don’t get it. But don’t put it on a company to make this obviously tough decision for you.

+ Hitokiri_03 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Deadly Premonition is never in one of these sales :/

+ Ikusa02 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

Ok Sony, you win. You can have all my money now. There’s no point in even resisting, I’m getting so many of these. Thank you for making my last 2 days of finals super awesome! =D

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on April 28th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

Mwahahaha! But seriously… study up and jump into these AFTER you ace those finals! φ(・ω・` )

+ GStylez1980 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

@Mando44646 – Also, just curious (and not trying to be a jerk), why are you jumping on Danganronpa at this particular time? It’s clear that this game will eventually be MUCH cheaper than what Sony is currently selling it for with this sale ($32). Personally, I can’t wait to play this game and have heard nothing but good things about it. But I’m 99% positive that this game will be at most $20 by the time the sequel arrives in the fall and may even be on Plus around that same time. Basically, I’d like to know how you make your decision on when to purchase a game and for how much. It’s just that you seem unhappy that Muramasa is free in the EU and on sale for $8 in the US, but then willing to pay $32 for Danganronpa, which just feels inconsistent to me.

+ Covarr on April 28th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

All these Japanese games, but still no Ore no Ryouri? A shame, that was my favorite Japanese PS1 game.

+ Fardeenah on April 28th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

thinking of getting chrono trigger on vita but the load times people say takes too long. should i make the jump?

+ HoshiKirby on April 28th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

My poor wallet…

Atelier +, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Muramasa Rebirth, rain, P4G, Tales of Symphonia HD, MSG Collection. I can’t buy everything!!! >_<

+ samv33 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

@ 89, I have Chrono Trigger on disc, and the load times never bothered me.

+ Target-4012 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Thank You so much! I made a comment on a previous blog about Japanese games sale but didn’t think it would be actually happen so soon. I will be buying some game, now need to figure out which ones. So excited to play some great JRPGs.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on April 28th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

You are most welcome! We were listening, and it’s one of the most fulfilling things for us when we can meet what you’ve been asking for! \(*T▽T*)/

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on April 28th, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

By the way, would love to know which games you end up grabbing!

+ TomHoang on April 28th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Everyone buy Rain! It is a gem!

+ chavez1138 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

I don’t want a new sale until I can buy the games I wanted from the last sale Injustice and Arkham Origins Blackgate (VITA)

+ coolasj19 on April 28th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

A little birdie told me about this a while ago… I think I will continue to listen to that little Birdie.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on April 28th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

ˎ₍•ʚ•₎ˏ

+ afigueroa on April 28th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

@89
I have the digital version of Chrono Trigger in my PS3 and PS Vita. Load times are not an issue. FF6 on the other hand takes a little while to go back from the battle screen to the over head screen. I’d say make the jump and enjoy the best JRPG from 1995.

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 28th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

Some really good sales here, I may jump on Soul Calibur 5 at that price.

@ThumbsofSteel and GStylez
Exactlty right. People (should) know very well that anytime you buy a game (or pretty much anything for that matter) that there’s always a chance that it could become cheaper (or maybe free) down the road. If you can’t wait, or you believe that it’s reasonably priced, go ahead and buy it. You’re ultimately the one who decides if whatever you want is worth putting down money on. But realize that you have no one to blame if it does get a price drop sometime later.

+ Dlilith on April 28th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Oh well… And there goes my money =( Thank for these promotion, i was waiting these for a long time =D I don’t have much money right now, but I’ll buy some of these games =D

+ rolld20 on April 28th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

Wish Ni No Kuni was on sale. I missed the last one.

+ dodgedoors on April 28th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

sad to see Persona get a price hike just in time to see it get a discount. It’s really just a 5 dollar sale, but I am sure it is worth$15 dollars so I will pick it up.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6