PS4 - Destiny

New Destiny Trailer: Witness a Strike

DeeJ's Avatar + Posted by DeeJ on Apr 28, 2014 // Community Manager, Bungie

Hey there, PlayStation Nation. I’m here from Bungie, to offer you another look into the world of Destiny. Very soon, you’ll have a chance to take your first steps into that world as a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth. We have a grand adventure planned for you, and we’re thrilled to be sharing another piece of it.

For now, check out just one of the ways you’ll be to enjoy our upcoming shooter. This is a Strike – a cooperative scenario that sends a Fireteam on a dangerous mission to defeat hostile aliens and reap sweet rewards. See the action through the eyes of three of our heroes.

Very recently, we welcomed some of our friends at PlayStation to enjoy this very mission with us. We’re excited to hear what they have to say. And, we’re excited to hear what you have to say as well. At the end of this trailer, you’ll learn about the chapter in the story that leads to you experiencing Destiny for yourself.

We can’t wait to cross paths with you in this living, social world.

+ dodgedoors on April 28th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

Beta announcement soon please.

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on April 28th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Yes. Soon.

+ luvtoseek on April 28th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

PS Bungie fans… UNITE! Looks rad Dee! (8

+ speedkiller1 on April 28th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

cant wait to play this on ps4

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on April 28th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

We can’t wait for that either.

+ the-party-b on April 28th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Will this game have keyboard and mouse support?

+ PunchoThaBoss on April 28th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

Pre-order confirmed!

+ DarkHoop on April 28th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

I will have to say DeeJ this has to be the most excited game of the year for me! I’ve bought two PS4s just for this game for me and my son. All hail hydra…. crap I mean Bungie!!!!!!!!

Really the game is looking great can’t wait to get my hands on the beta, got both those ordered also :) SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

+ siriusbee on April 28th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

I’m getting a strange instagib vibe from the video. Really nice artwork too.

+ GStylez1980 on April 28th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

First, let me just say that I’m soooooooooo happy that Bungie has decided to develop this game for the Playstation 3 and 4!

To Destiny: this game looks like it’s going to scratch the FPS/RPG itch that I started to develop and has since run rampant within me after playing the first Borderlands. I love the thought of exploring a huge open world with friends online, taking up quests, leveling up my player, and grabbing different weapons/loot. This is the reason I’m buying BL2 on Vita day 1, and am excited to pick up Diablo III and BL: The Pre-Sequel when it’s released. I am especially excited for Destiny, however, because I trust that Bungie will develop an extremely thoughtful and epic story to go along with this massive world. I have no doubts that the gameplay and graphics will be of the highest caliber. Thanks to that video, Destiny has become my most anticipated game of the year (and if you saw the games I have on that list, you would definitely know that this is quite the compliment). Good luck over the next few months…can’t wait for the game to go Gold!

+ ForTheFame on April 28th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

I already pre-ordered the game from Gamestop. Does that mean I can’t get the Sparrow?

+ God-Of-Lyf on April 28th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

I’m not giving 1 cent to Bungie! It’s funny, the guys at Gamestop know not to even ask if I want to pre order this game. The way they hound other customers you would think Bungie owns Gamestop or something. I hope the game tanks and you go back to
Microcrap. Just Saying…!

+ finaler on April 28th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Congratulations, this looks like a worthy Resistance replacement. (Loved that series.)

Will we be able to turn the HUD off or go into spectator mode freely?

+ PaxLumen on April 28th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Thanks for all the hard work Deej! Can’t wait to see you starside!

+ Mercenary09 on April 28th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Can’t wait to play this! I guess we’ll see you guys on stage on Sony’s press conference in June to announce the Beta date huh?

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on April 28th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

You’ll see us at E3. What happens in Los Angeles rarely stays in Los Angeles.

+ nirojan45 on April 28th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Game looks spectacular. Love the world design. That part where the water drops and dissipates gets me every time :D

+ ForTheFame on April 28th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

Congrats Lyf

+ JROD0823 on April 28th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

Is that the voice of the illustrious Lance Reddick I hear at the beginning of the video?

I am very excited to see more about this game come E3.

+ mastorofpuppetz on April 28th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

@10, that might be one of the most childish things i’ve seen posted. A good game is a good game supporting them on PS3 and ps4 means more good games will come.

+ Excalibur0123 on April 28th, 2014 at 11:54 am said:

Hey DeeJ I do have a quick question. I just pre ordered the game (which looks awesome btw), my question is will I need to have PS Plus to play this?

+ BlueAgave5 on April 28th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

DeeJ, you are legitimately my favorite person on the planet.

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on April 28th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

Wait till you see me off the planet. I’m much more interesting on Mars.

+ oversevethousand on April 28th, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

This game gets two blog posts yet Sony has yet to make even a mention of their deplorable actions towards Vita owners over the past few days? Come on.

+ saab01 on April 28th, 2014 at 12:17 pm said:

I like this video it’s really intriguing to the eye. Hopefully we will get the beta soon I can’t wait to see how this game plays.

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on April 28th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

That’s the thing, right? I’ve played with some of the people that this site awesome a couple of times now. It’s always fun to see new people play the game and pick it up quickly. It’s also fun to see them get overconfident in a hurry, and end up seeing them run away from an enemy they underestimated.

+ CommanderWiiii on April 28th, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

The game looks ok so far. Reminds me a lot of Halo and Borderlands. Gotta see more than this to get me real excited.

+ EthanielRain on April 28th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

A video of a PS4 game on an official PS4 website…unwatchable on a PS4. Thanks anyway, I guess.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on April 28th, 2014 at 12:53 pm said:

will there be and story campaign co op? I’ve never been much of a fan of Horde co op (which is what strikes sound like) it would be fun if you could have players drop in and out (or invite them) during story missions so you could team up for fun or if youre getting pwned and want help with a mission, also being invaded by players who could kill you (demon/dark sould style) would be great too but Im not expecting that one

+ Amnalehu on April 28th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

Absolutely stunning! I’ve already pre-ordered 2 copies so we can get some in-house coop fire teams going! I love the details and the lighting. The reflections are simply gorgeous. My only complaint from the video is the voice of the ghost. I truly hope that’s just a place holder voice or that we will have the option to change the voice. It is very drab and void of personality; yet, not mechanical or robotic in nature. Strange. All in all I can’t wait to play this game. Congrats and welcome to PLAYSTATION!

+ Texus009 on April 28th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

Pre-ordered for ps4 back in December lol, can’t wait to play the beta! (Hopefully soon :D)

+ WiffleDiffle29 on April 28th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

Will the sensitivity go any higher than what they are playing on becuase that is REALLY slow. i play on 9 or 10 when i play any game

+ alphagoku1 on April 28th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

once again is that very irritable word: soon. ugh im hoping that this soon actually means soon, rather than months away like it always ends up being. the wait for this is really taking it to my aching soul. the game looks amazing and even more so tantalizing the more teasers we get, so please do what you can for those of us that are unfathomably impatient. please deej?

+ Stringer2355 on April 28th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

Lance Reddick , what role does he play ?

+ Matrix_Lion on April 28th, 2014 at 4:18 pm said:

We Are All Witnesses

+ SavoyPrime on April 28th, 2014 at 5:20 pm said:

Really looking forward to this!

+ DragonIrons on April 28th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

@24 “also being invaded by players who could kill you (demon/dark soul style) would be great too but Im not expecting that one

No…. it wouldn’t be great….

Anyway, I forget, some games even though they’re online won’t….. so does Destiny require you to have PS + on the PS4 version? If it does I’ll stick to getting the PS3 version,

+ warezIbanez on April 28th, 2014 at 7:56 pm said:

Well one thing’s for certain- I and my clan can’t wait to get in on the action!

Now for a shameless plug for my clan- RebelAllianceClan (dot) com is the place to go if you’re looking for an organized group for Destiny and Killzone Shadow Fall. Do feel inclined to check that site out.

+ StormTimber on April 28th, 2014 at 9:14 pm said:

is there a way you can play in 3rd person? i would very much love that.

+ ArchAngelMai on April 29th, 2014 at 1:47 am said:

Highly underwhelming and generic looking. Looked better and more exciting at last years E3.
You should make notice of the post on Facebook. My opinion is that of the majority.
This trailer actually left me with buyers remorse. I may wind up canceling before long unless E3
can change my mind.

+ GenesisVX on April 29th, 2014 at 5:38 am said:

I thought I was watching Borderlands 3 with an advance floating claptrap …. =P Joking aside game does indeed seems rather generic. Very much like seen that, been there and done that kind of game XD but well … Let’s hope story is as awesome as Halo’s ~

+ Welmosca on April 29th, 2014 at 6:30 am said:

Game looks decent,can be a fun co-op after all…although I think 3rd person would’ve been the right choice.

+ iRobotGaming on April 29th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

It looks as Boring as Warframe to me.

+ israelpacheco89 on April 29th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

As a long time fan of the Halo series I am incredibly hyped to play this, both when the beta opens up to the public and when we finally get the full release in September!

+ DragonIrons on April 29th, 2014 at 7:12 pm said:

an answer to my question would’ve been nice…. do we need PS + to play this on PS4?

+ DragonIrons on April 30th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

guess not…. What’s up with these blog posts? No ever one answers anything after a couple hours???