PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Child of Light Out Today on PS4, PS3

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Apr 29, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

Child of Light

Click here to see the full gallery

Whisked away to a mystical realm and faced with menacing creatures, the small-framed Aurora is tasked with a great quest: to reclaim the Sun, Moon, and Stars from the Black Queen. In Ubisoft Montreal’s love letter to JRPGs, Child of Light invites players to adventure through enchanting vistas and forge alliances with eccentric heroes.

Child of Light launches today on PS3 and PS4. To celebrate the occasion, Child of Light’s Writer Jeffrey Yohalem offers his thoughts as Aurora takes her first steps into a surreal world.

Child of Light is a game designed to be deep enough to appeal to fans of classic JRPGs, like Final Fantasy VI — the hard mode is especially challenging — but if played on normal it is accessible enough to appeal to newcomers. We wanted to share our love of JRPGs with a whole new audience while staying true to the roots of the genre.

The combat is deep, strategic, and involving. At the same time, we wanted to use these JRPG mechanics to tell a deep, moving story. Every mechanic and action in the game has a meaning, and comes together to tell Aurora’s journey from child to adult.

This is a handmade game, born from the hearts of our entire 35-person team. Every word, bend in the levels, animation, line of music, line of code. The world of Child of Light comes from a place of joy and love. Our team and Ubisoft are very excited to share it with the real world. We hope it brings a piece of Lemuria into the hustle and bustle of the everyday, a hint of magic from a place long since lost.

Thank you for playing!

–Jeffrey Yohalem

PAGE 1 2

+ zingakun on April 29th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

Please, any future plans of releasing it on Vita? My PS3 backlog is currently unbearable…

+ KinkyWiZard420 on April 29th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

looks pretty cool. Downloading now will play after work…

+ icorwo on April 29th, 2014 at 1:24 pm said:

Child of Light looks AWESOME! Downloading the Demo now. If I like it, I’ll probably end up buying it and all of the DLC today.

+ RulitoCR on April 29th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

The music of this game is incredible! (also the game is beautiful)

+ Lt_Combo on April 29th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

I’ve been waiting the entire day hoping it would release early for PSN EU too :( .. why only USA? Does anyone know if it actually releases at midnight or if I have to wait till tomorrow midday or something. Also does FW1.70 release at midnight? Really disappointed. Saw on gaf this morning that it had released early in the USA, hoped that it would release in EU too .. In an hour and ten minutes it will be midnight here .. I really hope it releases on midnight but I doubt it. PS+ IGC usually releases at 12 midday UK time and 1PM here in the Netherlands.

+ BurritoAssassin9 on April 29th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Another vote for a Vita version! I’ve been edging toward portable systems for my RPGs lately, and I’d buy this on Vita in a heartbeat.

+ Praxcelis on April 29th, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

Played the game for a bit this afternoon. It was a nice surprise that it has a 2nd player option– my son had so much fun helping me out. Definitely worth the purchase and I’m glad I preordered.

+ Kaopash on April 29th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

When will the EU release launch? Is there a specific day/time?

+ CycoCross on April 29th, 2014 at 2:12 pm said:

Really enjoying this game so far! I hope it does well enough that studios are willing to do more small projects like this.

+ Kalakaua on April 29th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

I’ve only been able to play this for an hour so far and the game is charming as hell. Nice one Ubisoft!

+ Kaopash on April 29th, 2014 at 3:10 pm said:

Whatever, created an US Account just to get this game (earlier). Awesome!

+ avluis on April 29th, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

Love this game so much already, preordered long ago and actually downloaded it last night (around 2:30 am central) and loved all of it.
The co-op was a surprise so grab your kids and play along!

I will also say that if this games heads to the PS Vita then you have an instant sale here, I don’t care about double dipping.
In fact I just pre-ordered the Japanese version so I could get the goods US is not getting.
No regrets, gotta have my Amano artwork!!

+ Bigsilvs on April 29th, 2014 at 4:26 pm said:

It is such a joke that Child of Light is not Cross Buy in the U.S. Even more so, there isn’t a PS+ discount. Ubisoft is not getting my money I guess. Going to spend my money on a bunch of games from the Japan sale this week instead. My Vita needs some love anyways :)

+ xJaroox on April 29th, 2014 at 4:49 pm said:

Well my game crashed after a couple hours into gameplay. I also had trouble downloading it from psn. Had to keep retrying to download, but eventually was able to download. this is for the ps4. Hope they fix this. Great game so far.

+ Valyrious on April 29th, 2014 at 5:02 pm said:

Love the UbiArt engine. Ubisoft, please do more of these games, and less Assassin’s Creed games, and you’ll win my favor, once again.

However, I see this getting a juicy discount/free game at some point, and my backlog of games is vast, so I will pass on buying it today. If I didn’t have anything to play, you better believe I’d get it, though.

+ TheGrue on April 29th, 2014 at 6:51 pm said:

Well, stupid me bought the PS3 version instead of the PS4 version. You luck out and get my money twice, Ubi, because I have no recourse.

+ SavoyPrime on April 29th, 2014 at 7:10 pm said:

Just purchased it for the PS4.

+ medenko1975 on April 29th, 2014 at 10:44 pm said:

100% cross buy?

+ Sufinsil on April 29th, 2014 at 11:01 pm said:

Any idea if Ubisoft is looking to enable audio in shared videos? Right now there is no audio and a poor watermark.

Screenshots have a watermark but at least its done right. and not really distracting.

+ Misiakk_PL on April 30th, 2014 at 2:19 am said:

Do anybody know how much it will cost in Europe?

+ medenko1975 on April 30th, 2014 at 2:23 am said:

14,99 € i think

+ Misiakk_PL on April 30th, 2014 at 2:40 am said:

Yey another 1 to 1 predictor.

+ luisarriaga78 on April 30th, 2014 at 4:21 am said:

Beyond! Clements, missed on the podcast ;-)
Is there a chance this is heading to Vita?

+ Elvick_ on April 30th, 2014 at 5:27 am said:

I want a PS Vita version too ):

+ tusunami on April 30th, 2014 at 6:28 am said:

@antibolo there is not a port for this game on the ps vita but there are so many rpg’s on the platform that should keep you busy for like forever. I will get this game at some point going to get some games from the sale that is going on though.

+ Rezolution77 on April 30th, 2014 at 6:53 am said:

I really, really would like to see this on Vita.

+ Welmosca on April 30th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Had some hopes in this game until I see gameplay…will wait to grab this on IGC thats for sure.

Dunno why people are attacking Ryumoau this time around….his complaint is very true…I dunno anything about this…but if its true that they allowed cross-buy only to Europe and not to US…this is some straight bull****.

+ phinnv8 on April 30th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

Was excited for this, but no platinum? Not sure I’m getting now.

+ phinnv8 on April 30th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

Update: Ah I see it’s a small $15 game, they never have platinums. Ok then.

+ LordWarpGuN on April 30th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

hmm on the info.page on ps4 store is says video output 720p?
surely it should be 1080p?
cant wait to play it later this evening

+ Ryusennin on April 30th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

Disappointing game all around, made to cash in on the indie hype.

+ nantukoprime on April 30th, 2014 at 9:00 pm said:

So who should I be messaging about save corruption errors on this game. Here, or Ubisoft? Kind of hard to do it for ubi, as they don’t have a forum for this game so I’d have to go through their uplay system.

+ JasonMatthews on May 4th, 2014 at 9:53 pm said:

Please release this for PS Vita.

+ RenegadeSOA on May 5th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

soooo just to be sure… this isn’t crossbuy in the US?

+ Amir_G_M_US on May 20th, 2014 at 2:51 am said:

Seriously???
why not for PS Vita???
It looks like this game was designed for the Vita…
Please port it (for the same price)

PAGE 1 2