PS4-The Order

Daylight Out Today on PS4

John Hardin's Avatar + Posted by John Hardin on Apr 29, 2014 // PR Manager, ATLUS

“They moved the afflicted to this place where you stand. They thought it would protect and leave them to grow. Then came Corruption, Persecution… and Chaos.” — Dr. Mercer

Dark corridors? Check. Creepy sounds of death and terror? Check. Ominous quote with heavy implication that you’re probably somewhere you shouldn’t be? Double check! Daylight, the new horror game from Zombie Studios (Blacklight Retribution) and ATLUS, launches today for PS4!

This procedurally generated, first-person survival-horror game (say that ten times fast) puts you in the shoes of Sarah Gwynn — a girl who mysteriously wakes up in the abandoned Mid Island Hospital. Exits throughout areas of the hospital are sealed off with rune inscribed doors that can only be opened with unique relics. Each relic ties into the facility’s dark past, but they will only appear once you’ve uncovered enough of Mid Island’s sadistic history. Sounds easy enough, right? Oh yeah, just watch out for those evil, revenge-driven witches stalking your every move… Remember — light is your friend!

What is “procedurally generated,” you ask? In a nutshell, no two playthroughs will be identical. The game deviously analyzes your play style to ensure evil spirits execute maximum fright potential. Even better, the level design changes as well. Don’t worry, you’ll always have your trusty cell phone with a helpful free navigation app to keep you on track. Grab a couple of glow sticks, some mighty flares, bandages, and you’re ready to rock!

Daylight’s variable nature is taken a step further with Twitch users. The game taps into the chat channel of your stream and viewers can type keywords to cue in-game events. For example, typing “meow” into the Twitch chat would make the game generate the sound of a cat. We’re not giving out the list of keywords though; you’ll have to find those out for yourself. So hop on to various channels and find new ways to scare the pants off of your buddies!

Oh, and because we want to see you all scaring yourselves silly, we made Daylight just $9.59 for PS+ subscribers ($11.99 for non-Plus users) until 5/13. After that, Daylight will return to its regular price of $14.99.

PAGE 1 2

+ TheMageOfAllGod on April 29th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

holy s*** it is silimar to outlast but with girl in it…

+ HorrorGod on April 29th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

Looking forward to playing this A-SAP.

+ B34R-Z0MB13 on April 29th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

why is this not on the psn network yet ???? dosnt it launch today?

John Hardin's Avatar

+ John Hardin on April 29th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Gotta wait for it to update!

+ medenko1975 on April 29th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

when for PC?

John Hardin's Avatar

+ John Hardin on April 29th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Now. Also, youcametothewrongneighborhood.gif

+ italodancemp3 on April 29th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

I really want this on vita bad,please port to vita.

+ Swotam on April 29th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

Was looking forward to this, but the initial reviews say it’s not a very good game. Too bad…

+ Lord_SpringWind on April 29th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

any other systems for this game?

John Hardin's Avatar

+ John Hardin on April 29th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

PC

+ Old_PopTarts on April 29th, 2014 at 9:39 am said:

I’m definitely downloading this when I get home. It was a BRILLIANT idea for Sony to make Outlast a free PS+ game. I’m absolutely buying the DLC for Outlast and to satiate my appetite until that releases I am purchasing this game. Sony, these games are what I want for sure. I LOVE horror games. These are games that you can play with the gf/wife and she doesn’t mind watching. It’s like watching a horror movie. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, stay on top of ANY horror game you can bring to the PS4. Ported from PC, new, I don’t care. Just keep em’ coming.

+ FifthDream on April 29th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

I’m gonna go on Twitch and just spam “bieber bieber bieber bieber bieber bieber bieber bieber bieber”. Horrifying.

John Hardin's Avatar

+ John Hardin on April 29th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

You monster.

+ B34R-Z0MB13 on April 29th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

once again dose anyone know why its not on the psn ?

+ The_1_of_Deth on April 29th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

@10 store doesnt update till the afternoon, but i know how u feel lol

+ B34R-Z0MB13 on April 29th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

oooohh ok that makes sense thanks man :)

+ JonJonXD on April 29th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

At under $10 USD, I’ll bite.

I love Atlus and Blacklight Retribution, so I’m pumped.

+ MikeyBoy02NY02 on April 29th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

I CAN’T WAIT TO DOWNLOAD THIS!!! Love these horror games!!!

+ darederu on April 29th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

Hi!
When it will be available in uk? i can’t wait :)

John Hardin's Avatar

+ John Hardin on April 29th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

When PSN EU updates tomorrow.

+ PainOfSarrow on April 29th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

cant take most first person view games due to motion sickness but if this was on the ps3 aswell i would of got it for that price. to bad. i Luv Horror

+ Matrix_Lion on April 29th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Supernatural game I’ll bite.

+ oversevethousand on April 29th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

But when will Vita users see the light of the PSP and PS1 games they paid for but can’t play?

+ bloodsuka5 on April 29th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. THIS GAME IS NOT IN THE PLAYSTATION STORE FOR SOME REASON. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY OR WHEN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE????

+ death_nation100 on April 29th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Same Garbage as Outlast

John Hardin's Avatar

+ John Hardin on April 29th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Maybe next time you should just skip over that “post comment” button?

+ MARINEKILLA_8765 on April 29th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

what time when daylight start midnight or later afternoon?

+ NanoNekomata on April 29th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

Why isn’t this on the store yet? It’s almost 2PM here, that’s kinda ridiculous.

+ bloodsuka5 on April 29th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

1:40 eastern time. Still waiting…………

+ RISE_UP44 on April 29th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Very cool, can’t wait to download.

+ Husteen on April 29th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

this game looks really cool, but… i get scared easily 0_0
i like that it’s on sale on launch day.

and the store updates at around 2PM pacific time, but it’s not uncommon for it to be later than that. i always check the S.E.N. online store because parts of the store, usually the whole store, will update before the notes are posted here.

+ DigitalSpooker on April 29th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

11:06am, and is still not listed on the us psn store, you can’t day it’s out on ps4, when wr can’t buy it…

+ xRadGameR on April 29th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Why isn’t this out in the PS store yet?

+ MikeyBoy02NY02 on April 29th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!!!!

+ Rob__Gordon on April 29th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

@28 The same here!

+ Old_PopTarts on April 29th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

#20. Was that really necessary? I fully agree with John. Next time, try not posting at all. I’m looking forward to this, as well as many others. I can’t wait to play this tonight. Thank you Zombie Studios and Atlus for bringing this to the PS4. I hope to see more from you :D

+ MrGoodkat23 on April 29th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

its not really fair to say that it is out when we cant download it. maybe update the marketplace at like 1 am? that would be very convenient for people excited to buy the game as soon as they can.

+ doonaner on April 29th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

@32. Fully agree been waiting awhile for this game and its 11:35 pacific time still not able to download it for PS4. Yet you can download on steam for PC

+ EverythingOnFire on April 29th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

@31 John Hardin: Thanks for letting us know, man!

PS- Here’s to hoping that a lot more of us consumers can gain a little patience next time around.

+ DigitalSpooker on April 29th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

@31 is it showing you the discounted ps+ price? It won’t for me

+ MikeyBoy02NY02 on April 29th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

#20 Must be a 5 year old who can’t handle an awesome horror suspense game, What a immature kid

+ RoidedMonster on April 29th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

I am ps plus member, but was still charged 11.99 ..though the article stated otherwise (9.59)

+ trevsack on April 29th, 2014 at 11:55 am said:

well is almost 3:00pm were i live and its still not updated. cmon sony. ive got money to spend.

+ RoidedMonster on April 29th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

#38 I downloaded it so it is up, might have to restart your system.. however I don’t think the ps plus price deduction has been added yet.. good luck

+ DigitalSpooker on April 29th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

39 – not showing on my system either, even after a reboot, I can see it if I go to the store through my phone though

John Hardin's Avatar

+ John Hardin on April 29th, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

Looking into the pricing disparity.

+ RoidedMonster on April 29th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

interesting, it will not let me see it now, even after i downloaded it, unless i go specifically to games section of store and literally type into the search on top of screen “daylight”.. hope this helps

+ AWESOME10240 on April 29th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

When will the ps4 update.CUZ IM READY TO PLAY WHAT PROBABLY IS THE BEST HORROR GAME IN THE WORLD:DAYLIGHT

+ MTRichardson01 on April 29th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

its up but i have one question about it. Why is it not showing the Plus Price with it?

+ DanQ8000 on April 29th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

I’m downloading the game now. The PS Plus price adjusted and everything. You need to select the game first and then it will apply it when you hit Download.

+ RoidedMonster on April 29th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

# 45 I couldn’t wait for the pricing update lol, I just spent the extra two dollars =) .. but good to hear its updated, thnx #41
John Hardin

+ TheRedBook on April 29th, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

is the game in the US Store multi or english only?

+ MikeyBoy02NY02 on April 29th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

I’M DOWNLOADING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ NickMulder on April 29th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

Just finished Outlast last night because this game was coming out today! I’m loving these indie horror games coming to PS4 and I can’t get enough of them! Outlast was BRILLIANT and Daylight looks to be just as amazing! Picking up Outlast: Whistleblower next week as well! Hoping for DLC to Daylight as well as sequels, prequels, or anything of the sort for Daylight and Outlast both in addition to other indie horror games! I have never been the biggest indie gamer but these indie horror games have got me HOOKED!!

+ guitarded77 on April 29th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

I’ll probably buy it just to support Zombie since they gave us Blacklight for free.

PAGE 1 2