PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS Store Flash Sale: $5 Games this Weekend

Chieh Chen's Avatar + Posted by Chieh Chen on May 02, 2014 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

May Flash Sale

Hi everyone! Can you believe it’s already May? That’s the fifth month of 2014, for those of you counting. Monday is also Cinco de Mayo, so to get ready for 5/5 we’re putting some great games on sale for just $4.99 — each on PlayStation Store as part of our Flash Sale, starting right now.

Pick up awesome titles like Guacamelee! (perfect for Cinco de Mayo, right?), BioShock, GTA IV, LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Read Dead Redemption, and more… for just $4.99 each. Check out the full lineup:

Title Sale Price Original Price
MX vs ATV: Alive $4.99 $19.99
Red Dead Redemption $4.99 $29.99
Red Faction Armageddon $4.99 $19.99
Spec Ops: The Line $4.99 $29.99
The Mark of Kri $4.99 $9.99
The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief $4.99 $29.99

The Flash Sale starts now and ends Monday, May 5th at 12:00 PM Pacific. What games are you going to pick up this weekend?

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ mdawk13 on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

Red dead and L.A. Noire fer me. Yeehaw

+ mthodmn101 on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

nothing vita :/

+ Orufonz0 on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

Love the fact you are making this almost a weekly thing… Even if its a monthly thing, you guys are the best!!! Keep up the good work!!!! And the good sales!!!

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:29 pm said:

Thanks Orufonz0! There’s some great stuff on the horizon… (^_−)☆

+ MakoSoul on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

I was hoping there would be some PS4 games in the mix. Considering Bioshock 2 since I just finished the Infinite Burial at Sea DLC recently.

+ GnomeWizard on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:50 pm said:

Might pick up Fat Princess

@2 Guacamelee is on vita, and an excellent game. I’m assuming that you own a vita that you would own it already though :P

+ CrashSpyro on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

When does it end?

+ DeadKillersRevng on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

Good sale, although I’ve been waiting for a discount in Mortal Kombat’s DLC characters for a looong time…

+ Pai-Zuri365 on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

What is this? Western sale to oppose the Golden Week jpn sale?

+ Assassin_-Altair on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

Vita doesnt even get support….why did i even get one:(…..?

+ dodgedoors on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:54 pm said:

I’ll be getting the raven, I’ve heard good things. More flash sales please. You guys are killing it.

+ PainOfSarrow on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

i saw this before it was even posted but damn sony you guys are on a row. i luv these flash sales and Spec Ops: The Line for only 5$. been wanting that for a long while now. mortal kombat was worth the full price to me and i have every rockstar game already but still nice. when will you guys slow down on the great sales ? my money is flying. i hope no time soon, keep it up.

+ SeanStrange on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

Played pretty much all the “Good games” in this flash sale. Hopefully next one will be just as good as this one though.

+ rabidninjamonky on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

Nice sale. I will definitely pick up Duke Nukem Forever and will possibly buy Kane and Lynch 2, The Raven and Arcania. I need to check out some more gameplay videos for the last two games.

+ hjuyhggty6655 on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Awesome sale, keep going sony , hope to see resogun and outlast in near future .

+ B91212- on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Same great games in there for amazingly low prices ($5 for Red Dead Redemption? literately a steal if you don’t already have it). Not going to complain too much about the lack of Vita titles (already have Guacamelee! on Vita) as the Golden Week Sale had plenty of decent Vita titles on sale.

Keep up with the sales please Sony, good work! Looking forward to PS4 maybe having an item or two involved in these in the near future…..

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

Thanks B91212! Great feedback across the board. We’re listening. As the late great John Marston of Red Dead Redemption said: “It reeks of miracles back here!” (^v^)

+ Styxinator on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

Yeah a ps4 game or two would have been nice. I missed out on the Tomb Raider/Thief Flash sale from about a month ago and wish i grabbed one or the other.

+ Stringer2355 on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

Was expecting a Call of Duty sale with the announcement of the new game, but still good deals.

+ boomstickbhg on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:08 pm said:

5/5 is my birthday.

So I’ll just ball up in a narcissistic shell and pretend this sale is all about me.

+ Angelshadow_7 on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:09 pm said:

Mortaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Kombaaaaaaaaat!! Get over here!

+ Dantology65 on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

I was just talking about Spec Ops:The line the other day…gonna click “download” after work tonight.

+ DiddyWaDiddy on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:14 pm said:

I think his makes about the sixth sale in a row with no PS4 love. Bummer.

+ steadydecline on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:16 pm said:

you should be paying us $5 for duke nukem

+ Vyruzx on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:16 pm said:

I want some ps4 games. I can’t buy any of these.

+ Vyruzx on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:17 pm said:

I want some ps4 games

+ saab01 on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:18 pm said:

Mortal kombat for 5 bucks if it wasn’t 10gb I would buy it. Wish I could pick up the disc for 5 the lowest I have seen the disc is 15 bucks awhile back.

+ NX_Nytrux on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

Why not MK Komplete Edition :(

+ NX_Nytrux on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

Lara, come with daddy.

+ God-Of-Lyf on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Theres a few really good games there even though they are old now and a few stinkers. I’m getting Mini Ninja and the Raven as I need something new to play. I would highly recommend Max Payne 3 It was a real adrenaline rush both times I played through. And RDR is awesome as well. MK is like icing on a cake at 5$

+ Mononon on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

Nothing for me this go around, but keep up the sales. I do get excited to see what’s going to be on offer.

+ Lego_My_Eggo on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

Any chance you guys could get Minerva’s Den in a sale? I always see Bioshock 2 on sale but never Minerva’s Den, which i hear is way better then the main game itself.

+ Deadpoolian on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

Another amazing sale! I’ve heard great things about LA Noire and Red Dead, so looks like it’s time for me to finally check them out!

+ Viewtiful_Gene on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

Holy sheep!
Another weekend with great sales?!
Unbelievevable.

+ TimboJames on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:39 pm said:

Nice sale!!! Wouldn’t mind picking up that Duke Nukem, Fat Princess, Mortal Kombat and Red Faction, but alas no job=no money to spend on games right now :’-(

+ The_1_of_Deth on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:39 pm said:

great sale!!! definatly gunna pick up gauca… guaca…. thee melee one on vita :P and ill give u 10$ to take duke nukem off the list, game was a great idea and franchise but HORRIBLY executed lol. still great price though. now if we get a next-gen nukem……. ill give u a blank cheque n u can write whatever u want :)

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:40 pm said:

I have many of these games, great list. May get mortal kombat, $5 is a sweet deal. PSN is going on a roll of sales, competing with steam? lol

PS3 and PS4 for the win

+ Shadow_Enz on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:41 pm said:

Why are games with multiplayer that is being destroyed thanks to the Gamespy shutdown being sold anymore? These games will have portions of them that simply do not work anymore, in less than 30 days.

Kane & Lynch 2, Midnight Club, Mortal Kombat — all getting shut down.

+ fantasyplayer on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:50 pm said:

I see three more games I would have bought if they had not pulled the ps1 psp give and take back for the vita the other week.
So I will just go to gamrstop and buy another used game this week. I see one on here I want that gamestop has for cheep.

+ Alyyse on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

My PS3 played out yesterday. I’m so depressed :(

+ NX_Nytrux on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:57 pm said:

Mortal Kombar DLC on sale, please.

+ Husteen on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:00 pm said:

good sales on mortal kombat and the bioshocks if you haven’t played those. unfortunately, i have. i’m only interested in ps4 games. the only exception is child of light, but i don’t want to buy both versions and then spend another $14 on dlc for it. such a shame it’s not cross-buy here.

+ Guimace on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:00 pm said:

Wow! :)

+ purse317 on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:03 pm said:

Overall this week deserves a 7.5 or an 8 when it comes to sales. One issue however really consider the games that go up for sale some of these titles in particular were very popular and have been played by lots of us. Red Dead L.A. Noire Mortal Kombat or have been on sale many times before and we purchased them already. Red Faction Kane & Lynch Max Payne are good examples.

$10 is all I will spend because of this but if you had more good games on sale I didn’t own I spend more.

Just think I had $70 Monday in my ps wallet for Watch dogs now I only have $20 and have to load up again

+ Mobius2525 on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

wish they had some vita games and couple ps4 games here

+ quietturtle on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

yay lets put games that the online host servers are getting pulled at the end of the month ( i.e Gta 4 , Rdr, Mortal Kombat , Max Payne 3 ) yay lol wwwhhhooo :D

+ The_Great_Ska on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

I’m thinking about getting The Raven, I’ve played the demo and liked it, even though it was very glitchy/jerky, but I read the reviews on episodes 2 and 3 and they weren’t as good as episode 1. Does anyone know if they are really that bad? I know the game is only 5$ but if its really not that great i’d rather no waste the money on it and maybe someday get it on IGC.

+ The_Great_Ska on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

@ 44 – Not everyone cares about playing online, I for one don’t give a damn about it, though i’ll agree there should at least be a disclaimer.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:21 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback The_Great_Ska! We’ll look into this idea. We’ve looked at these sales as a last hurrah homage where applicable, but extra communication to make the situation with a given title is a good policy wherever applicable right?

+ jab__661 on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

Even though I’m not happy with all the indie games we’re getting on PS4 and Vita, you guys are doing a great job with flash sales. Thanks!

+ pri4vedi on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

What’s it gonna be…Spec Ops or Guacamelee?? Maybe both?

+ Andreh-Feijoh on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

One quick question… Guacamelee is a cross-buy title, right? I wanted to buy the complete collection, because of the DLC, but i don’t mind the themes, avatars and soundtrack. Sooooo, if i buy the game in this sale, plus both DLCs, it’s 10 bucks…. and i get on both platforms, is that it? Confirm this, and i buy it right away!

Keep coming these discounts, it was the main reason i became plus! Keep up the good work!

+ KongWen on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

GTA 4 & RDR aren’t losing their online.

PAGE 1 2 3 4