PS4-The Order

PS Store Flash Sale: $5 Games this Weekend

Chieh Chen's Avatar + Posted by Chieh Chen on May 02, 2014 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

May Flash Sale

Hi everyone! Can you believe it’s already May? That’s the fifth month of 2014, for those of you counting. Monday is also Cinco de Mayo, so to get ready for 5/5 we’re putting some great games on sale for just $4.99 — each on PlayStation Store as part of our Flash Sale, starting right now.

Pick up awesome titles like Guacamelee! (perfect for Cinco de Mayo, right?), BioShock, GTA IV, LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Read Dead Redemption, and more… for just $4.99 each. Check out the full lineup:

Title Sale Price Original Price
MX vs ATV: Alive $4.99 $19.99
Red Dead Redemption $4.99 $29.99
Red Faction Armageddon $4.99 $19.99
Spec Ops: The Line $4.99 $29.99
The Mark of Kri $4.99 $9.99
The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief $4.99 $29.99

The Flash Sale starts now and ends Monday, May 5th at 12:00 PM Pacific. What games are you going to pick up this weekend?

+ jab__661 on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

When I said I’m not happy with all the indie games, I was referring to the games we get on PS Plus. :P

+ jayremedy on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:36 pm said:

Hey, could you guys stop having these fire sales? I’m a regular in a PSN thread on another site and every time these sales happen, we get a bunch of new people asking the same stupid questions over and over. It’s really annoying. Thanks.

+ NICKLEBAG_187 on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

Where’s the PS4 Sale? Are we to be skipped two sales in a row? It’s not bad enough that us PS4 owners have $400 Super Nintendo’s with all these indie titles but we have to pay full price for this crap?? Meanwhile broken promises like launch day Watch Dogs and Driveclub, so far I am not impressed. Not impressed at all.

+ Beasthunt on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

Not bad. Shame my ps3 is in a box in pieces. Need moar ps4 flash sales.

+ AvoidTalkingMice on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:53 pm said:

Sony is learning from STEAM well. I am all for this. Keep them coming. Ive bought at least one thing every flash sale.

+ TomHoang on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:03 pm said:

Might check out Mark of Kri

+ avatarguy on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:05 pm said:

Thanks Sony for the great 99 cent sale!!! would love to see a 99 cent DLC sale, I would buy EVERYTHING!

Ps: tokyo jungle on remote play is GREAT! can’t believe this game never made its way fully to vita.

+ ChronoTJM on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

SONY, HEY! WHAT DID MY WALLET EVER DO TO YOU? You guys are relentless! And lemme tell you, it’s never been better :) These deals are brilliant, it lets me pick up some stuff that I’d otherwise never really buy. Keep up the great work!

+ faraway25 on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:16 pm said:

Oh dear god…you guys have to stop. I just recently spent under $50 for 10 great games and now this! Good thing I just upgraded my ps3 hdd to a 500gb (the ps4 one.)

+ Rezolution77 on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

P-yu.

+ tusunami on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:29 pm said:

These sales are spectacular I know I want to get minni nnjas for sure.

+ dbrUS on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:40 pm said:

OK, and PS4?

+ PiotrRasputinBR on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:55 pm said:

Why don’t you guys just take my wallet already? I mean, Y’s, Atelier, Persona… And now, Guacamelee???? Take my money!

+ Hoovalation on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:19 pm said:

OH GOD! I FREAKIN’ LOVE FLASH DEALS AND SONY! :)

+ duke301 on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:32 pm said:

The last Flash Sale, I already had everything, thankfully that is not the case here. I’m definitely going to pick up The Raven, and after watching the videos of Little Ninjas, I might pick that one up as well. I never heard of it before, but it looks pretty good. The only trouble is that I have no idea when I’m going to find time to play everything. At any rate, my there be many more Flash Sales in the future, hopefully ones that include PS4 content!

+ remanutd5 on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

Bring Fat Princess to the psvita and ps4.

+ MortalKombat2K7 on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

Thank you for the sale…now, don’t have anymore until next month.

+ theXsilentXchild on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:40 pm said:

Picking up The Raven. Looks interesting. Something u don’t typically see on sale.

+ purse317 on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

Grace you wanted to know what we brought so here goes

$37 spent on the golden sale
Y’s
Tales of Symphonia
and Muramasa

$10 spent on the flash sale
Raven
& Arcania

I own lots of games int he flash sale so I didn’t buy more

+ purse317 on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:44 pm said:

@53 dude the ps4 isn’t 6 months old and is selling like hotcakes what type of sale do you really expect but they still did have some games on sale for the ps4

2k was on sale for $50
Killzone was on sale for $40

+ seyar55 on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

i’m planning to buy a few of these tonight. All i know about these games is that for the money you pay (5 bucks) you get some serious gameplay. But keep in mind that if you are going to buy red dead redemption, after this month, the online servers will be shut down. this will be the case at a lot of these rockstar games which are in sale right now. BUT…. when you buy the following games, you won’t be dissapointed, trust me ;)

1- Best game of m all: Max Payne 3, just give it a try!!!
2-the second best game: Bioshock 1, if you didn’t play it yet, give it a try now!
3-NO explentations, just buy: Mortal Kombat
4- One of my favourites: Spec Ops the line
5: and ofcaurse: Red Dead Redemption

+ Mando44646 on May 2nd, 2014 at 5:51 pm said:

Need more Vita games! Otherwise, some good deals here

+ theXsilentXchild on May 2nd, 2014 at 6:08 pm said:

I can’t buy guacamelee. Something tells me it will turn to a ps+ free game.

+ NICKLEBAG_187 on May 2nd, 2014 at 6:24 pm said:

@70 perhaps you are right, my disappointment may be premature. However development kits went out ages ago and compared to the PS3 the 4 is way easier to program for so I guess I was hoping Sony would have had a better plan for AAA releases given it’s stellar in house development teams. I just want more than arcade shooters and airbrushed PS3 titles for my investment.

+ Florensius1682 on May 2nd, 2014 at 6:44 pm said:

I m looking forward to goden sale / flash sale ps4 games too…. Because I just bought a Ps4 and a week later I bought Ps4 camera + Infamous 2nd Sons too and it cost a lot of money. I want to have a game that support Ps4 Camera like Just Dance 2014 and of course with low price (how about discount 50% and ps+ get further 10%) =))
I’m in pre order digitally Watch Dog right now…..

+ godshand3547 on May 2nd, 2014 at 6:56 pm said:

ill give bioshock a try
You guys at Sony are gonna make me have a heart attack. First with the golden week (even though i only bought 1 game since most of the ones i wished were on Vita, which i dont have) and now this weekend sales.
Anyway, keep up this excellent work. And thanks for everything

+ TJF588 on May 2nd, 2014 at 6:59 pm said:

Very few here that don’t have an “Ultimate Edition” or equivalent. Pipe dream as it is, I’d rather wait for a deal on such (though, say, Persona 4 Arena’s full package is still too high for me this time around, in the Golden Week offerings). What I have aside, I would’ve gone for Guacamelee, but not taking the chance of being locked out from its full collection just because I’ll’ve owned the base game. Doog Noogum Fivever only has its two add-ons, but already have it and its kin for PC, and while I’m an amateur trophy whore, not quite “my bag” to draw me in for now.

But, good to see more of these promotions. Hope there’ll be more to mesh with me next time!

+ ulises-cam on May 2nd, 2014 at 7:00 pm said:

nothing for me this time. Golden week deals is awesome tho

+ Castaneda98_Ace on May 2nd, 2014 at 7:23 pm said:

Do you need Playstation Plus to buy a Flash Sale game? I wanna buy them, but I don’t wanna have PS Plus, since I don’t need it.

+ maxcoronel2014 on May 2nd, 2014 at 7:26 pm said:

Some PS4 would be much appreciated.

+ UglyPony on May 2nd, 2014 at 7:58 pm said:

How about a sale like these for europe? I know, its a wierd question. God forbid europe getting something.

+ Blacq_Soul on May 2nd, 2014 at 7:59 pm said:

some real great games on here. loved spec ops: the line! I see a few I ‘d like. thanks playstation

+ davidxraw on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:01 pm said:

Please bring another 99 cent indie flash sale if you can. I really want to buy Cubixx HD for 99 cents if possible.

+ TimboJames on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:07 pm said:

@Castaneda98_Ace, no u don’t need plus for the sale but I would recommend it. Thanks to plus my 1tb hd is not big enough to hold all my games. Sure u will find stuff that u normally wouldn’t play but I say why not try it anyways cuz u never know

+ Trothgar on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:27 pm said:

It would be nice if we could see what platforms these games are for. I have a PS4 and I have no idea if any of these games are available for my platform.

+ vladiator011 on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:35 pm said:

Ill give L.A. Noire a try seen a walk through of it on youtube enjoyed it might play it. I mean hey these are only 5 bucks!! Def a steal

+ Ultimate_Atheist on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:36 pm said:

Oh, how I LOVE Flash Sales!!! This one, however, I’m going to pretty much have to skip. I already have Bioshock 1 & 2 and Guacamelee! (For PS3 and PS Vita, and the rest doesn’t exactly ‘do it for me’. Lara Croft’s game in the Sale is remarkably similar to Dead Nation as far as visual perspective goes and I’ve never even heard of most of the other games offered. I have, however hasd the Fat Princess Demo before, but only my family had tried it out. I’ll check with them to see if they liked it enough to play the ‘Real Deal’. If so, I’ll get it for them. Mortal Kombat, I’m slightly interested in, but this appears to be just the ‘Basic’ version that requires downloading (which requires BUYING the DLC characters (Freddy Kruger, etc.). That wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the fact that, due to the game’s current ‘Low’ price, buying each DLC item is the equivalent of buying the game over and over again. I know I’m probably being a ‘Sour Puss’ by pointing that out, but it’s true. I don’t know.. Hopefully, the next Flash Sale will be as special as all the others I’ve seen before it. I still love you, Sony. =)

+ ElektroDragon on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:38 pm said:

Everyone should buy Arcania at that price! Tons of fun, play it on hard!

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:40 pm said:

Another great sale. Already have all the ones that interest me, but still.

@BS peddlers: Please read a few things and find out what you’re talking about *before* posting. It’s simply not true to say that servers for GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption will be shutting down. Certain R* Social Club features and the like won’t work any more, but the core experience will remain intact.

On the other hand, the online multiplayer for some titles like Midnight Club: LA *will* be shutting down at the end of this month. So get to it already!

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:41 pm said:

www(dot)eurogamer(dot)net/articles/2014-04-30-red-dead-redemption-gta4-affected-by-gamespy-server-shutdown

+ Whutt2000 on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:44 pm said:

Are you friggin kiddin me!?! Screw you Playstation! Here, just take my money! Broke for the weeknd :-/

+ ElektroDragon on May 2nd, 2014 at 8:49 pm said:

Nice! Finally a reasonable price for The Raven. Hope its good!

+ mc_issa on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:02 pm said:

i m geting dbz on my vita, only 10$! this is my childhood preferred saga

+ LordBluest on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:29 pm said:

I’m afraid after I bought the games you were going to put it into PS plus in the next month or something. hahaha I’ll get The Raven and Fat princess for sure. : )

+ MattDanam on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:35 pm said:

I wonder if any of these games are going to become PS Vita compatible for two days then be pulled away without any explanation whatsoever to the consumers. Oh hey, didn’t Sony do that last week? Absolutely despicable. These sales doesn’t compensate for what happened. PS1 Classics and PSP titles, all of them, should be available to the biggest gaming market, which is North America. Do the right thing, Sony.

+ Sycho_Syd on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:37 pm said:

i might pick up The Mark of Kri, i haven’t played that game in soooooo long

+ elmagaso on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:38 pm said:

they should make a flash sale on dlc only. maybe in the future?

+ Sarges24 on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:59 pm said:

Mini Ninjas!!!!!! I was actually just looking at that a few nights ago wondering if I should order it. I absolutely loved that game. Mark of Kri, great PS2 classic. Definitely one of those few games I regret finally getting rid of. Do have to weed out the collection from time to time though. Some other great stuff as well. PS Now had me playing Guacamelee so for $5 I might have to pick it up and keep playing. Starting to have a lot of great deals on solid stuff. Keep up the great work Sony!

+ fortunatesoul on May 2nd, 2014 at 10:04 pm said:

Hey, I am kinda new with the digital purchases, so I wanted to ask how often does Sony offer these flash sales? I miss the last one (the 0.99 one) but now with the original Bioshock for five dollars I am tempted to give it a shot

+ medenko1975 on May 2nd, 2014 at 11:16 pm said: