PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus: Stick it to the Man and PES 2014 Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on May 05, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Tomorrow, PlayStation Plus members get two very different types of games – Stick it to the Man on PS4, an adventure game with platforming elements mixed in, and PES 2014 PS3, the latest entry in Konami’s venerable soccer series.

Stick it to the Man boasts a bright, animation-inspired aesthetic and witty dialogue. You’ll navigate puzzles as Ray, a normal guy with a completely average pink arm sticking out of his head. The extra appendage allows him to see other people’s thoughts and grab stickers from their brains.

On the other hand (get it?), Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 on PS3 features Konami’s revamped FOX Engine, placing more of an emphasis on ball movement via a new physics system and improved player AI. “GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL…kick.” I had a soccer coach who used to do that all the time. It was annoying.

You can download Stick it to the Man and Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, May 6th.

Plus - Stick it to the Man

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Stick it to the Man (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

Stick it to the Man
On an ordinary day, hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. Ray can suddenly change the world with stickers, transforming his paper universe by tearing it, folding it and using the crazy stickers he finds (along with his awesome new powers) to solve mind-boggling puzzles! Sadly, Ray doesn’t have much time to get to grips with his new-fangled psychic abilities. Instead, he’s on the run from ‘The Man’ for a crime he didn’t commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation?
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

PES 2014
Experience a whole new ball game with KONAMI’s PES 2014. The stunning new FOX Engine has been combined with a revolutionary soccer system that puts the ball at the heart of the action for the first time. Every element has been rebuilt and now features all-new physics systems, custom team and player AI and a huge leap forward in animations and atmosphere.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Bit.Trip Presents… Runner2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien $7.99 $9.99
Hakuoki: Stories Of The Shinsengumi $27.19 $39.99
Titan Attacks! (PS4) $10.79 $11.99
Titan Attacks! (PS3) $10.79 $11.99
Titan Attacks! (Vita) $10.79 $11.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/13)

Instant Game Collection

Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron – Multiplayer Havoc Pack
Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron – Massive Fury Pack
Transformers: War For Cybertron Map And Character Pack #1
Transformers: War For Cybertron Map And Character Pack #2
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Maps And Characters Dlc
Prototype

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update, make sure to vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Ryumoau on May 5th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

nothing interesting to me this week. Can’t believe a boring soccer game is the free ps3 game. :(

+ tiny_tim31 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

BEYOOOOOND!

+ Monterossa on May 5th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

PES 2014!!

+ jonjon0890 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

Wow, the sales & PS Plus discounts from Activision sucks as always.

+ Rammel29 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

PES 14 was so glitchy and broken on release but with many patches I heard the game has become playable again even though it still has it’s flaws. I reccomend any Footy/Soccer fans give this a try and download some Option Files.

+ Xbox1_Sign_Out on May 5th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Should have given out Daylight for free.

+ megaben99 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Sweet a PES Dispenser for PS3?? Wait…

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on May 5th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

I really want PEZ now…nomnomnom!

+ Darig0n on May 5th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Which Runner2 is that? I’m missing the Vita one.

+ Edd-Doloroso on May 5th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Yearly sport games.. I’m not wasting my HDD space with such game..
I’d rather have Sly Cooper that PS Plus BR are receiving..
Funny enough their Ps Plus has always been the same as PS Plus North ‘Erica, but HEY don’t give a football game in the land of football!

+ klassymike on May 5th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Never played a Soccer game before, but I’ll definitely give it a try. Maybe I’ll like it. Who knows?

+ AnonymousNinja7 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

Hi Kristine is the Runner 2 discount for PS3, PS Vita, or both? I already have it for PS3 but would prefer it on Vita (as I do with most games) since it wasn’t cross buy.

+ Edd-Doloroso on May 5th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

@4 yeah for sure it does, just like the company.

+ nnn222 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

We want some great PS PLUS games for PS4. its been two months since i enjoyed a PLUS game on PS4. And
PES14??? come on

+ DelicaGunz on May 5th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

I prefer most games on the vita thats why I also love the Remote Play feature so my daughter can watch her games.

+ DawsongEscobar on May 5th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

This week sucks.

+ VirgoCrest on May 5th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

@6: Games have to have above a certain Metacritic rating, 70 I believe, to make on to PS+.

@9: PES is already on the instant collection in Britain.

+ Blind-Lunacy on May 5th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

I’m Definitely trying Stick it to the man, it will take me mind off of that soccer game -_-
and i will pick up Prototype in the sale.

+ Gorvi on May 5th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

I’m really glad more people will be playing Stick it to the Man, such an overlooked gem. Nothing for me this week, though, and man, those Activision discounts are sad. I mean, savings is savings, but those are almost insulting.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on May 5th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

That’s actually due more to the way the grid is laid out, I’m having Justin update the text, but it’s comparing Plus prices to Regular Sale prices. I’ll try and make sure that’s clearer moving forward.

+ Morggo on May 5th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Is Runner2 for PS3 and/or Vita ?

+ GummyCore on May 5th, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Many of those sale titles should be going for $4.99 like the flash sale. Well, it’s Activision, nuff said.

+ Edd-Doloroso on May 5th, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

@16 I’m talking about PS Plus Brazil, not PS Plus Britain (I would say PS Plus Europe, too)

+ mwatcher on May 5th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

Getting really sick of some you just whining like there’s no tomorrow. Frankly, please cancel your Plus subscription if you don’t like free games in general. I appreciate what’s been offered so far since inception of the IGC.

+ Rapid_arion on May 5th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

Kristine, when coming up to igc Dishonored??thanks!

+ JnF_Gho5t on May 5th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Thanks Kristine

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

Kristine are we ever going to see cheaper digital games on the store. Because I can go out and pay the same for a game as you guys charge on the store.

+ Edd-Doloroso on May 5th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

@22 It is not free at all, but people should’nt whine that much too. (After all I believe we are more a marketing tool than customers)

+ GummyCore on May 5th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

Personally I would like to see a sale comprising all of previous IGC titles. Many new comers to PS+ would have missed them before. Have a sale and offer them at a good price (since they were in IGC before, the market value must have dropped significantly, not to mention the age). Give current PS+ member a even bigger discount.

+ AnonymousNinja7 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

That Activision sale is pretty bad considering the amazing Golden week and flash sales there has been recently. Quite the disappointment this week for the IGC but I guess there can’t be winners every week.

+ oscarloria on May 5th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Muramasa?

+ sirqweirDY on May 5th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

Great to get PES 2014!
Glad more folks will be able to try Stick it to the man.

+ AnonymousNinja7 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

@29 that’s Europe ps plus this week, its on sale right now for like $7 if u hurry

+ mwatcher on May 5th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

@26 not sure what you mean by marketing tool when it costs some money to not charge customers for essentially free games. I get what you say when it’s not totally free but compared to Xbox’s version of the program there is definitely a lot more value in Sony’s version.

+ sethisthegoat on May 5th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

Pretty shallow week. I will try Stick it to the Man only because it’s free.

Titan Attacks might get me eventually, if it’s discounted a little bit more.

But, nothing for me here this week. But I’m still enjoying Child of Light and Octodad, and may pick up Bound by Flame later in the week. Or The Show, depending on reviews of both. Either of those games would probably carry me through the summer till Madden or Destiny.

What’s going on with Secret Ponchos? I’ve been looking forward to it for a while.

+ iREVOLTER on May 5th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

Hoorah! Thx Kristine for heads-up ;). PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! As usual Activision Sale sux, better try next time on your discount Vision Acti ;)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on May 5th, 2014 at 1:06 pm said:

See my response to #18, that might help clarify the sales :)

+ Fardeenah on May 5th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

PES 2014 ! im glad!

+ Rirse on May 5th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

First PS+ game I am not even going to bother to “own”. Soccer just doesn’t interest me at all. Also would rather had the Sly game the other parts of America are getting.

+ VitorCoala on May 5th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

When this games will come to psn Plus… Cause my Psn Plus still with April Games ‘-’ someone can help me?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on May 5th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

The games listed above will be available when the store updates tomorrow, 5/6.

+ Milanzzo on May 5th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Nothing really interesting this week… little deception :(

+ bt1234567892010 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Stick it to the Man sounds awesome, shame I don’t have a PS4 :/

PES 2014 is….meh, I’ve seen footage, it’d be fun to play with a friend, but, I’m not a sports game person myself.

The sales…well…suck…badly. The only one that would remotely interest me is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, but you can buy it for 30 bucks on disc, so even though plus can get it for 4 bucks cheaper for a digital copy, it’s not a big enough sale to say, “hey, buy this game here, instead of at your store, it’s much cheaper.” There’s also both Prototypes, but they’re not exceptional, a whole couple bucks off, wow.

*sigh* I figured this month wouldn’t be that good after seeing this month’s IGC, and it’s already looking that way. I can’t complain since they’re free, but, after January-April being incredible, this one’s very, very week.

+ bt1234567892010 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Weak, I mean, not week >.>

+ snakeeyes211 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

nothing interesting to me this week :-(

+ snakeeyes211 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

When are we getting HBO go for the PS4?

+ Qatsmasher on May 5th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

Activision has the audacity to call that a sale? Hahahahaha. Get outta here.

+ PanTheMan16 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

OooOO look at those sales! A dollar off? TWO dollars off?!?! We must have died and gone to heaven!

Activision cares about money and NOTHING else, more than any other publisher out there. So why are they even offering this “sale” when their “sale” prices clearly show that it is not something they want to do? They don’t even want to lose a dollar if they can help it. And really, any sale that isn’t at least 50% off is pretty lame.

+ saab01 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Will try stick it to the man and see how it plays but PES 2014 is a no go for me. CAnt believe a sports game was added instead of anything else that could of been chosen.

+ LightOfValkyrie on May 5th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

*yawn* Another boring week.

+ sonnench87 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

really, you are all this stupid waiting for the store to refresh? its been available online since last wednesday, you just go to the online store on a laptop and buy the game then turn on your ps4 and the game downloads. im in the uk and have done this to get every ps plus game early.

+ TeamGreen615 on May 5th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

I’m happy to try out PES 2014. My son plays soccer so this is something we can play together. Thanks!

+ TwinDad on May 5th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

Two wonderful games this week, can’t wait to play both of them.

I would like to thank you for exploring other genres, I’m not a fan of the FPS, and it’s nice that your spread the wealth around to other genres.

+ blemishedsumo on May 5th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Man what’s with all the pes 14 hate! Maybe it should’ve been Junes IGC addition but it’s a World Cup year, it’s a good call. Stick it to the man looks fun, can’t wait to try that

PAGE 1 2 3 5