PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Outlast Whistleblower DLC Available Today on PS4

Philippe Morin's Avatar + Posted by Philippe Morin on May 06, 2014 // Co-Founder, Red Barrels

Three years ago, the team here at Red Barrels decided to strike out on our own and create a game we could be proud of, and thanks to the nearly two million of you who have played the game on PS4, we feel like we’ve achieved our goal… and hopefully scared a lot of you in the process.

When we started working on Whistleblower, we knew we wanted to expand on the story, providing some memorable new encounters, new sources of terror, and some answers to the mysteries brought to light in Outlast.

As Waylon Park, the whistleblower who emailed Miles Upshur, you’ll witness psycho killers and asylum security face off as all hell truly breaks loose. Survive, and you may just have a chance to expose the terrible secrets at the heart of Mount Massive and unmask the true face of the Murkoff Corporation for all the world to see.

Whistleblower will be available for download on PS4 today for $8.99. Try not to worry your friends and neighbors with all the screaming!

– The RB Team

26 Comments

+ MrRager909 on May 6th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

Happy and Terrified to play the dlc

+ Henster1000 on May 6th, 2014 at 12:15 pm said:

Can’t wait to try this out with my new gold Sony wireless headset, then never be able to sleep again!

+ Mazzacani1 on May 6th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Can’t tell if i’m excited or dreading entering this nightmare again

+ NickMulder on May 6th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

So excited!! I kept googling the release date on this dlc ever since I played Outlast on release day and it’s finally here! :p don’t stop with Whistleblower!! I can’t get enough from you guys!! More dlc!! Sequels!! I want it all!! More more more more MORE!!!! ;) I’m officially gonna be your number one fan and customer you guys lol I remember literally telling my brother that I wished I could just buy Outlast instead of getting it free on Plus because I wanted to support you guys with my money. Now I can with the dlc! And if Playstation could finally offer an option to keep Plus games by buying them instead of only being able to rent them as long as your a Plus subscriber, I would buy Outlast, full price. But I can’t since I’m never letting my Plus expire anyways. So the question becomes, why would I want to buy Outlast if I’m never letting my Plus expire anyways? The answer: I love you guys and want to support you to the fullest!! Keep up the AMAZING work you guys!! BEST HORROR GAME EVER!!!!

+ torquemada7 on May 6th, 2014 at 12:33 pm said:

Is this actually available on PS Network yet? I’ve been trying to get it since midnight last night and it’s not up.

+ kkong36 on May 6th, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

No its not out yet. Whenever you see “available today” and “day 1 digital” jus read “maybe today” and “at some point on day 1 digital”. Helps soften the blow of disappointment.

+ Wingman1977 on May 6th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

The PS store updates on Tues at 6pm.

+ KillaCamUSAF on May 6th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

I’ve been waiting on it as well and I just found it. You have to actually go to Outlast and look near the overview and find it as an add on

+ Matieo10 on May 6th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

Looking forward to getting into this tonight.

+ Welmosca on May 6th, 2014 at 1:10 pm said:

If this trailer had more water…I would’ve thought it is a Bioshock trailer lol…the music gives just that feel.

The DLC looks good…looking forward to try out this game when I get a PS4.

+ Styxinator on May 6th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

If they ever update the PSN! It’s pretty ridiculous they wait until the majority of the east coast is done work to update the psn rendering the playstation app and pre-downloading stuff to your console useless. Why can’t they update it earlier? Why would someone wait to download the digital copy of a game when by the time it’s up on the PSN you can make it out to a big box store,buy it, install it and have a trophy or two unlocked?

+ obed17 on May 6th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

The game is $20 is this DLC worth $9?

+ jgrizzle358 on May 6th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

I love these games like this and Daylight, but with my anxiety can only play them so long in one sitting. That’s why I usually reserve them for my weekly Twitch stream.

Looking forward to this. :)

+ Styxinator on May 6th, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

Sorry I should have held off on my comment :s I’m impatient. The PSN appears to be updated now

+ Old_PopTarts on May 6th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

I am enjoying Outlast sooo much (I’m playing bit by bit, it truly is scary) I am definitely buying this DLC. Even though I probably won’t play it for a while. I look forward to anything else you all at Red Barrel are working on and any new releases!

+ MikeyBoy02NY02 on May 6th, 2014 at 6:10 pm said:

This game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ juggalorider on May 7th, 2014 at 12:52 am said:

does anyone remember the maze screen saver that was on windows 98? i always wish they made that into a game but it hasn’t happened. at least not i know of. ps4 needs one an also more of this type of game but hopefully a better story, i got bored with the whole camera thing, it is very scary but i can’t get myself to play past the first chance, not because of lame story but i throw the controller the first time an then tried 2 more times but my hurt beats really fast an i can watch my gf play if i had one an she didn’t mind that i hide my head in her armpit during the chases

+ SirDjss on May 7th, 2014 at 1:52 am said:

So where is the release of whistleblower on my Ps4 ?. I live in europ .. anyone know ?
Im at home from work today, just to play this game :/ please release it already :)

+ pddrumheller on May 7th, 2014 at 2:26 am said:

Instant buy for me!!

+ Adam-12 on May 7th, 2014 at 7:09 am said:

I played about 2 hours last night and can safely say that Red Barrels has perfected the craft of scaring the crap out of you.

This DLC is way scarier than the original game. Literally had to stop playing because it was too much, LOL.

Congrats to Red Barrels for raising the bar yet again.

+ jkmccly on May 7th, 2014 at 12:59 pm said:

Can I use the DLC if I got the game free through ps+? I don’t know how that works.

+ PanTheMan16 on May 7th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

@jkmccly, Yes you can purchase and use DLC for games you’ve gotten free from +. I’ve done it more than once.

+ jkmccly on May 7th, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

@PanTheMan16, Thank you for the response! That is awesome. I LOVE Outlast!

+ tusunami on May 7th, 2014 at 4:28 pm said:

I still haven’t played the game yet but its good to see dlc coming out for this. now all I have to do is play the game then get the dlc.

+ jeyoller on May 7th, 2014 at 7:01 pm said:

Hey im from the US and i thought the game was supposed to come out on May 6. I still get the err message “This content cannot be selected at this time” The game was updated and my PSN is active. any ideas why im getting this err message?

+ Krillin198622 on May 8th, 2014 at 7:04 am said:

Here is a question. If you got the free version from being a Playstation Plus member, and you purchase this add on content, if you no longer have PSPlus, technically wouldn’t the DLC not work?