Driveclub

New Watch_Dogs Trailer Unveiled, Showcases Untrustworthy Heroes

Nik Schmidt's Avatar + Posted by Nik Schmidt on May 08, 2014 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Hello again! We’re only three weeks out from launch, and everyone here at the Ubisoft offices is firing on all cylinders to get the game out to you on May 27th. In the short time remaining, we want to provide you with more information about the world of Watch_Dogs on PS4 and PS3. Today, let’s take a look at the game’s main characters.

As you can see, it’s never totally clear who is teamed up with Aiden. The world of Watch_Dogs is filled with duality, danger, and warring factions. Take someone like Jordi: you wouldn’t call him a friend, but rather a business associate. Everything can change with the touch of a smart phone, keystroke, or pull of a trigger — it’s volatile, to say the least. It remains to be seen how Aiden interacts with these individuals, but they’re all unique and complex characters that help add color and intrigue to the game’s story.

Stay tuned — the next three weeks are going to be jam-packed with new info and assets from our team. We hope you’re as excited as we are for Watch_Dogs’ May 27th launch! And remember, everything is connected.

You can pre-order your copy of Watch_Dogs now. And be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest news and updates.

26 Comments

+ MushThePainter on May 8th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

That was awesome. Can’t wait to pick this up

+ Ryumoau on May 8th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

I have this game on the top of my gamefly queue. Interested enough to play it, but not for $60.

+ jgrizzle358 on May 8th, 2014 at 9:38 am said:

Collector’s edition pre-ordered! :D

+ hdt2101 on May 8th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

The trailer isn’t working for me. God damn..

+ Tesal2005 on May 8th, 2014 at 9:59 am said:

Playable via vita remote play ? or whatever way ?

Sold a PS4 with CE of Watch_dog :]

+ Flabeo on May 8th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

Looks amazing!! Too bad the digital copy is $70 here in Canada when I picked up a physical pre-order from Amazon.ca for $50.

I refuse to pay more than $59 for any game. Just on principle. But digital more than physical? Come on.

Game still looks solid though. Glad I got it for the price I did.

+ Nynja on May 8th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

“That…is…a…terrible plan. I love it.”

Best line.

+ nanaki85 on May 8th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

U Play Edition pre-ordered :P not some Gamefly BS…

+ saab01 on May 8th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

Looking forward to this game. Its looking like the next solid title on the PS4 and other consoles.

+ Welmosca on May 8th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

Pretty good trailer…Watch Dogs is the 1st next-gen multiplat game that I’m really excited to play.Can’t wait….can already see me pouring 60+ hours in this baby.Won’t even touch that online.

So ah f**k Clara and his chest tattoo also didn’t expected T-Bone to be 52….Jordi looks like a great character and Anthony looks like Marlon Wayans lol.

“the next three weeks are going to be jam-packed with new info and assets”

Please no more spoilers…it could be just as easy as to avoid any new Watch Dogs informations,videos…yup I know but I can’t help myself.

+ Tefrin on May 8th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

I preodered this for $40 from futureshop when the PS4 release date was announced last year. Need to get the season pass too. Can’t wait very excited.

+ MrBright on May 8th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

i hope you announce something about the upgrade pass

+ tusunami on May 8th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

I’m still not sure about this game even though it’s in my home town of the windy city. Ubisoft servers is what I’m really concerned about. Since past games from them have had server issues. I just can’t be wasting my money on a game with so so servers.

+ lisatsunami on May 8th, 2014 at 12:20 pm said:

Nik, I came pretty close to cancel my very long-standing pre-order when I heard about multiplayer invasions, which is not unique, but stolen from Demon’s and Dark Souls. I had to do research to find that I can opt out of invasions while online so I did not cancel.

+ D-Squad3 on May 8th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

So are those PS4 graphics?

+ GalatasarayEken on May 8th, 2014 at 6:31 pm said:

can’t wait to buy this in 1-3 years for $20 lol

jk lol I will probably end up buying this anyways :)

+ yts16 on May 8th, 2014 at 9:53 pm said:

I pre ordered this game and im soo pumped im literaly counting down the days left Q i wonder when you can start pre downloading?

+ Skater_Ricky on May 8th, 2014 at 10:45 pm said:

I got my Watch Dogs Gold Edition preordered on PlayStation 4. Glade I went all digital this generation. Never again will I have to put up with long lines or being in the cold at midnight when Preorders start to download early and have them ready at 12:01am. Thank you Watch Dogs team for putting your all in this game. Looking forward to play the game and keep the magic flowing in your team.

+ overDOS on May 9th, 2014 at 3:05 am said:

So this means inFAMOUS Second Son looks way better? Both are open-world games

+ Tchanku on May 9th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

Getting more excited with each video.

+ Folkeye on May 9th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

What’s funny is these types of games were never my cup of tea. But since I ventured to try some action/adventure/3rd person shooters I’ve totally changed my mind and always looking for a fun one.

This one is looking awesome and if you folks at Ubisoft can actually get into game what’s being advertised about the interaction/choices/consequences/rewards with an open world, then this will be a dang solid title. Here’s to hoping high!

+ Welmosca on May 9th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

@ 19 overDOS – Not only that…but that means that to an open-world game be better “technically” than Second Son only another Infamous…a multiplat game will never look better than a Sony game…never.Nobody can pull off Infamous graphics without Sony’s help.

+ Nynja on May 9th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

@22 Welmosca: “a multiplat game will never look better than a Sony game…never. Nobody can pull off Infamous graphics without Sony’s help.”

Sarcasm I hope?

- NBA2k 14 looked REAL. To the point of friends coming over while playing and asking what game I was watching…
- Battlefield 3 & 4 were both great technical achievements and BF4 offers some of the best weather effects ever seen in game
- Project Cars – another multiplatform game that looks to best Gran Turismo when it comes to visual quality…we’ll see about the physics
- Crysis 3…even though I’m not a fan of the series, one cannot deny the beautiful worlds Crytek has created is near lifelike

If you want to focus on open world games…
- MGSV looks and plays phenomenal on PS4 and at 60fps…
- The Witcher 3 looks pretty damn good to me

My point is … just stop it. Stop with the fanboy crap. Your brown-nosing will not earn you any free games or a position working for Sony. Infamous looks great, probably one of the best looking games this generation – but in no way are pretty graphics only capable by “SONY”…some kids are just so damn ignorant…

+ Aquaflame73 on May 9th, 2014 at 9:06 pm said:

btw guys the song is cant kill us by glitch mob

+ darthvid69 on May 10th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

Edição de Colecionador pré-encomendado! : D

+ zeckcrew on May 14th, 2014 at 6:01 pm said:

Is there any chance of decryption combat for ps3? Even if it cost more I would pay for it, i just preordered it, and am very dissapointed to not be able to play it.