PS4-The Order

Among the Sleep Coming to PS4

Ole Andreas Jordet's Avatar + Posted by Ole Andreas Jordet on May 13, 2014 // CEO/Programmer, Krillbite

Among the Sleep

Hello everyone! The last few years have been an exhilarating ride for us at Krillbite. We’ve been hard at work on our toddler-horror project Among the Sleep for quite a while now, and what started out as a humble student project has escalated into something much bigger than we expected.

Among the Sleep is a first-person horror adventure where you play as a two-year-old. You’re vulnerable, scared, and trying to make sense of the world. It explores horror through atmosphere and exploration, not with scores and combat systems.

Merging a child’s perception of reality with its wild imagination provides an interesting setting to tell a story. With only your teddy bear as a companion, we hope players will unravel what is actually causing the fear and confusion.

Thanks to great support around the web, the project even resulted in a successful Kickstarter campaign that raised an incredible $248,358! Up to that point, we had been working on the project for two years, while studying and working part time jobs to finance it, so this was an incredibly humbling experience.

It even resulted in ice creams for the whole team!

Among the SleepAmong the Sleep

Lots of people are still playing the free demo that we launched during the campaign, and journalists around the world continue reaching out to us with questions about the game. As a young and small indie studio from the northern outskirts of Europe, working on our first big project ever, this feels incredible. We’ve always wanted to explore the game medium, and maybe even contribute towards making it a more diverse place, but we did not expect the project to receive this much positive response.

Lately we’ve also slowly started to realize we’re getting close. That the game is really shaping up, and we’re approaching the end. We want as many people as possible to be able play Among the Sleep when it’s released in the not-so-distant future, so I guess it’s no better time to announce that Among the Sleep will also be coming to PS4! We’re also thrilled to be among the first to explore PlayStation’s new virtual reality technology Project Morpheus for Among the Sleep.

Finally, if you’re one of our Kickstarter backers, don’t worry — we’re working on a plan to ensure you get a fair deal on the PS4 version of the game. More details to follow.

Anyhow, we should get back to working on wrapping up the game. Stay tuned for more news and announcements in the very near future.

You can follow the development of Among the Sleep on our Facebook, Twitter and blog!

+ Nynja on May 13th, 2014 at 6:03 am said:

Loving that teddy!

+ Mysterion_86 on May 13th, 2014 at 6:19 am said:

This just made my day! Awesome news!

+ akiratech on May 13th, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

Hey guys love the ps4 love! Played the demo from the campaign and can’t wait for more!

+ cubbielovr on May 13th, 2014 at 6:21 am said:

So excited for this game. Coming from someone who does not game on his PC, I am VERY happy about this news. More information at E3?

Ole Andreas Jordet's Avatar

+ Ole Andreas Jordet on May 13th, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

There will definitely be more news soon, even before E3 ;)

+ From_Concentrate on May 13th, 2014 at 6:22 am said:

What a genius idea for a horror game. Looking forward to checking this out some more.

+ etscott on May 13th, 2014 at 6:38 am said:

Can I play it with my elementary school aged kids or is it too scary?

Ole Andreas Jordet's Avatar

+ Ole Andreas Jordet on May 13th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

It’s definitely a game for an adult audience. :)

+ speedway2980 on May 13th, 2014 at 6:39 am said:

Feeling excited something different to play and explore as a kid prospective nightmares perhaps?? hope the story is solid and fun cant wait to hear more news !!! thanks sony!! are we gonna see this game at E3??

Ole Andreas Jordet's Avatar

+ Ole Andreas Jordet on May 13th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

Hi and thank you for your enthusiasm! :) Participating at E3 might happen, but not 100% set in stone yet.

+ eggmiester28 on May 13th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

I remember watching someone play a early demo of the pc version a while back and falling in love with the game but being that i didn’t have a gaming pc it made me really sad but this news is awesome.I wish there was a ps4 version but ether way i am excited.

+ thegoods_01 on May 13th, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

1, 2, Freddy’s coming for you,
3, 4, lock your door,
5, 6, grab your crucifix,
7, 8, better stay up late,
9, 10, never sleep again

+ tonydamiani on May 13th, 2014 at 7:04 am said:

Ohhhh! Interesting Me Like!

+ sealum01 on May 13th, 2014 at 7:06 am said:

I love that games are already announcing Project Morpheus support! I was already interested in this title, and VR support will almost guarantee that I get it.

+ Nadafinga on May 13th, 2014 at 7:18 am said:

I backed this on kickstarter many moons ago. Have been keeping my fingers crossed for a console version, very excited to be getting this for PS4!

+ CaptainRadical on May 13th, 2014 at 7:24 am said:

Thank you!

This is great news. I’ll be buying day 1.

+ Rabzinatorz on May 13th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

Loving these horror games, Outlast, Daylight, and now this!?!?! Absolutely epic!

+ thholyghst on May 13th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

Ahhh I’m a backer for this game. I got the reward package with 2 games. Now I’ll need a 3rd for ps4!!

+ anti-altair16 on May 13th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!

Fantastic news! I’ve been following this game since it was announced in hopes of it coming to consoles. When the PS4 was announced/came out and all the indies flooded towards it, I just knew this game would probably come to PS4. Now it’s finally happening and I couldn’t be happier. Now all I need is for Lunar Software to announce bringing Routine to PS4 and I will probably cry. You indies are bring the horror games back and I love it.

Ole Andreas Jordet's Avatar

+ Ole Andreas Jordet on May 13th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

Hi from Krillbite,
Thank you for your incredible response and enthusiasm, it’s pure motivation! Looking forward to bringing Among the Sleep to PS4! :)

- Love from the Krillbite team

+ xpider2099 on May 13th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

I love the concept

+ charleschannels on May 13th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

Cannot wait!!! Excellent concept

+ Welmosca on May 13th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Looks very nice and neat too…we play as a 2 year old ha looking forward to see that…although I think 3rd person would’ve been the right choice….to many horror games out there in first-person.

+ oversevethousand on May 13th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

Not gonna lie – this is now the third real system seller on the PS4 for me. I’ve wanted to play this for a long time, but PC gaming isn’t for me.

A few more games and I might have to take the plunge!

+ iREVOLTER on May 13th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Whoooaa! I’m looking forward to it.

+ Kieferw on May 13th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

2 things I hope it works well with Morpheus, and I knew ever since I was a kid my teddy bear was shady!!

+ melka_ashur on May 13th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

Seems like a great concept and logic to this game. Good to have creative developers who continue to explore new perspectives and realities in their games, offering new experiences and realizations to gamers.

+ tusunami on May 13th, 2014 at 11:51 am said:

Now this will be quite interesting because it is a different take on the horror adventure game. Being told from a 2 yr. olds perspective now this will be a game that I will buy day one!!!!!!!!

+ plaztiksyke on May 13th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

fanatastic!

will it support 1080p stereoscopic 3D on 3D-enabled televisions? at 60fps?

any exclusive features of the DualShock 4 being taken advantage of?

any Move/Camera support?

Ole Andreas Jordet's Avatar

+ Ole Andreas Jordet on May 13th, 2014 at 11:51 pm said:

We’re currently don’t have a plan to have such type of stereoscopic 3D, move/camera or DualShock 4 exclusive features.. Since we’re such a small team, we’re focusing on making this the best experience we can before adding support for more tech. :)

+ BlueGnosis on May 13th, 2014 at 1:58 pm said:

With Among the Sleep, Gone Home, and Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture….all I can say is “YIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!” Thank you Krillbite for bringing your unique vision to the PS4 and the Morpheus. Though I wonder will the Morpheus be released around the same time as your game? E3 don’t let me down!

+ Hogwild333 on May 13th, 2014 at 3:43 pm said:

I don’t normally like scary games, but that little kid is so cute that you have my interest.

+ MushThePainter on May 13th, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

I remember hearing about this a couple months ago and Iwas bummed it was oonly coming to PC. This is great news and I’ll be picking this up dat 1

+ Sarges24 on May 13th, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

interesting… think this would make a pretty awesome 3rd person game too. just saying.

+ Ironknight448 on May 13th, 2014 at 6:16 pm said:

The boy and his teddy bear against the boogie man? Is it possible the boy carry flash light and teddy to save his parents from the boogie man?? looks interesting story.

+ Einhander138 on May 13th, 2014 at 6:31 pm said:

Sorry guys, no disc, no sale.

+ Elvick_ on May 14th, 2014 at 4:30 am said:

Love the concept.

+ windsmere on May 14th, 2014 at 3:50 pm said:

@ #32 Haha good luck with that. If that is your mentality then you’ve already missed some fantastic games and are going to miss a lot more.