PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

LittleBigPlanet Update: Lemmings Minipack coming soon!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on May 19, 2014 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

lbpupdate

Let’s Go! The Lemmings are headed for LBP!

New DLC coming soon!

Lemmings Minipack

Sackboy makes a lot of new friends with the arrival of the Lemmings to LittleBigPlanet! This brand new costume pack will allow any Sackboy or Sackgirl to dress up as one these wonderfully cute and fearless critters.

Blog

The Lemmings Minipack will be available from May 27th and includes a Lemming Costume, a Mischievous Lemming Costume and some decorative tools to allow you play as your favorite type of Lemming!

Which is your favourite Lemming? (Mine was always the incredibly strong Basher Lemming!) Let us know in the comments below!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks

Featured Community Levels

teampicks

LittleBigPlanet is just one big playground and no level captures this feeling better than Super Toys! This delightfully colorful and fun platforming adventure is an absolute joy to play and it’s just perfect for brightening up any day! So be sure to get your friends together and check it out!

Super Toys by missyhifi

You can check out this amazing level and a whole range of exciting new community levels today by heading over to the LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks and queuing them up to play!

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks

Featured Community Levels for Portable Fun!

vitapicks

Blast off into space and protect the galaxy from rival invaders in Galactic Space Defense! This retro-style space shooter is chock full of upgrades and achievements to unlock, so get out there and show those galactic menaces that you won’t go down without a fight!

Galactic Space Defense by mdoodle22

Galactic Space Defense Screenshot 1Galactic Space Defense Screenshot 2

You can have this amazing level ready to play by heading over to LBP.me Vita and queuing up the new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks!

We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have any great levels to share with the community or some stunning videos that show off your favourite levels and creations, then be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet.

comeandvisitus

Come and Visit Us!

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

LemmingPoseUmbrella copy

+ CAPNDigital on May 19th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

Lemmings looks cool,
Steven, any update on Joe Danger DLC – haven’t located it in US Store in the last 2 weeks??
Thanks

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on May 21st, 2014 at 6:17 am said:

The Joe Danger Costume should now be available in the PlayStation Store. :)

+ Mercenary09 on May 19th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Same as @1 what happened to the Joe Danger DLC? It was never released here but it was in EU. Can you please give us an update?

+ Chunky104 on May 19th, 2014 at 10:25 am said:

Well, I don’t usually buy costume packs, but since this one seems to have a lot of potential when it comes to making costumes, I’ll probably end up buying it.

Also, the link’s broken. :P

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on May 21st, 2014 at 6:18 am said:

Is the link still broken for you?

The page was live at the time of this blog post and it appears to be working for me.

+ allnewfie on May 19th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

nice, cant wait, but will the mini pack be for vita aswell. also wondering what happen to joe danger dlc, havent seen it in the store yet.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on May 21st, 2014 at 6:19 am said:

If you purchase this pack, you will receive the costumes for LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

+ Chunky104 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

@4 Well most, if not all costume DLC is compatible with all three (four if you count the upcoming HUB) currently supported LBP games (i.e. LBP2/Hub, LBP Vita, LBPK), so I see no reason why the Lemmings Minipack would be any different. :P

+ meanmachine22 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

Hey Steven! Just wanted to give you a BIG thank you for delivering all of these LBP update news!

However; as others have asked, are we going to get the Joe Danger DLC eventually? It’s been two weeks since it was supposed to be released, and I know you said there was an issue with the US release of it. IS there any confirmation when it will arrive here?

Anyway; thanks again for everything!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on May 21st, 2014 at 6:22 am said:

Joe Danger should be available again now!

Apologies again for the delay, recently we’ve had a few issues with the PlayStation Store uploads in the US/Canada region but they should hopefully be resolved when the Lemmings Minipack is released next week and from then on, our content releases should be synced up between all regions again. :)

+ Nightwing0613 on May 19th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

Any chance we could see a Lemmings Level Kit to or even better…a Oddworld Level Kit go along with the costume pack?

+ plaztiksyke on May 19th, 2014 at 1:46 pm said:

Basher is a great Lemming, but the stair-building ones are also quite useful ;)

Does this mini-pack include some Lemmings-like levels as well as the costumes? If it does, I’m buying it ASAP.

I’ve been jonesing for more Lemmings on my Vita since Lemmings Touch was shown off months ago. Still looking forward to LBP and Lemmings on PS4. a Lemmings AR game that uses the Camera and DS4 would be fantastic!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on May 21st, 2014 at 6:23 am said:

Oh yes! It’s definitely no good trying to use a Basher to build over a gap!

+ goodSuM on May 19th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

#8 plaztiksyke

If you have a Vita, make sure you check out the Lemmings game on PlayStation Mobile (in that section of the store) if you haven’t yet. It’s free and has purchasable add-ons for more levels.

+ mazmine2000 on May 19th, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

I like the builder lemming

+ XxKyubi_kunxX on May 19th, 2014 at 3:43 pm said:

And now we just wait on PantheMan16 to come in and complain like the little spoiled brat he is again about more LittleBigPlanet content.

+ PanTheMan16 on May 19th, 2014 at 4:21 pm said:

@XxKyubi_kunxX, I’m glad you look forward to hearing from me. :) Although, while it’s fair for you to think of me as a brat, calling me spoiled doesn’t make sense.

Anyway, when I read the topic title, I actually thought “this is interesting. New DLC, new levels, THIS is worth a blog post”. Then, I click the link and am not so surprised to find out that it’s just more costumes. Steven drops by again to say “Hey guys, look what someone at MM spent an hour on while the rest of the team continues working on the next game that we haven’t talked about yet”. Steven, GTF off the blog until you have something relevant to share. Have you noticed how other blog posts have upwards of hundreds of replies, and these ones get around.. 12? That’s because no one cares. Thousands upon thousands of people comment here, and possibly million of people read, and we (THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY) don’t have any interest in the garbage you’re posting. Why do you even create these topics with faux enthusiasm? There’s no way you’re really that excited. Unless MM is saying “post on the PS Blog or you’re fired!”, find something better to do.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on May 21st, 2014 at 6:25 am said:

I’m always excited to show off the latest community creations, so that’s never going to change! :)

Also, I’m a big, big fan of Lemmings! So I’ve actually been especially keen to announce this new pack to everybody!

+ dakky123 on May 19th, 2014 at 4:37 pm said:

Are you guys gonna bring Attract-o-gel to LBP PSvita? It would be lovely if you could.

+ tusunami on May 19th, 2014 at 6:12 pm said:

This is excellent to see more content coming to LBP2. Now I have to make time somehow and get back into the game soon.

+ SuperIanGamerHd on May 19th, 2014 at 6:39 pm said:

Man so much love for lbp got to get back to this amazing game

+ PanTheMan16 on May 19th, 2014 at 6:47 pm said:

@tusunami, get off the blog, dude. All you do is kiss ass on every post. And you come to these LBP posts always saying how you “might have to possibly somehow get back into this game at some point”. You clearly have no intention of playing this game again, or 90% of the other games you “might have to possibly check out”, so shut up and get lost.

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on May 19th, 2014 at 7:09 pm said:

How about some LittleBigPlanet HUB news?

+ PrimeroIncognito on May 19th, 2014 at 7:48 pm said:

@ PanTheMoron

Why don’t YOU get off the blog? Nobody likes hearing from you, can’t you tell?

Stop pretending you represent the “majority”. Look up “majority” in the dictionary and let it sink in, clueless.

And what makes you think tusunami is kissing ass? Maybe he/she is just a happy-go-lucky positive type of person… you got a problem with that, prick?

+ veryhoudini11 on May 19th, 2014 at 8:36 pm said:

@pantheman its pretty funny how somone called you out. actually nothing you can say will really top that, so thank you for that XxKyubi_kunxX. so dont you think its sad that we recognize your name as being a complainer. and of course your the only one on here that has complained. why even bother? do you really think any of us actually care about your opinion? do you think steven is going to listen to your negative comments or get off the blog when the majority of the comments are so positve? you’re not helpful and if anything you just annoy people just because you are so negative. when we see you name we think aww this d-bag again???

+ PanTheMan16 on May 19th, 2014 at 9:02 pm said:

@Primer, it’s predictable and pitiful that you would show up on this post hoping to finally find allies, but truthfully nobody on this blog likes you. The people who have a problem with me are the die-hard LBP fans, which means nothing to me, as I speak on behalf of the silent majority.

People should not be fooled by the silence and assume that either everyone is happy about these LBP posts or that they think they’re relevant. It’s not typical of individuals to speak against a crowd. In this case, the crowd are 12 people who still play LBP. I never expected my position here to be the most popular, but I think even the few LBP players here would feel certain that if it came down to a vote for all blog readers, these posts would be squashed out of existence. Steven and MM do not do this for YOU. They do this for them. If they cared about YOU, they would do more than create a few costumes each month, which simple minds think represent some astonishing support.

+ PanTheMan16 on May 19th, 2014 at 9:06 pm said:

What MM is doing here is essentially crowd-funding, like you see on Kickstarter. They are just crowd-funding, like you see on Kickstarter. If everyone gave up on LBP, MM wouldn’t be hurting. They wouldn’t be upset. They have other work to do. Work that virtually all of their focus is on. Do you think the entire team just sits around, slaving away creating costumes and this is all they do?
And by the way, out of the 11 people who commented before I did, only a few showed entusiasm about these costumes. Many people complain just as often on these posts because they were promised the LBP hub years ago and Vita DLC that MM REFUSES to talk about.

And Primer, I know you like to seek battles that you inevitibly lose before they start, so you’ll want to get the last word here. Have a rant. Tell yourself everyone agrees with you, even though they always, ALWAYS tell you you’re wrong, because always, ALWAYS are. I won’t reply to you again here because you have nothing to contribute. You’re just really upset at the way I assisted in putting you in your place the other day.

+ PanTheMan16 on May 19th, 2014 at 9:11 pm said:

Sorry if there are any duplicate sentences. I don’t always keep track of where I’m copy/pasting.

+ PrimeroIncognito on May 19th, 2014 at 10:41 pm said:

@ PanTheMoron

It’s sad that you feel it’s necessary to tell yourself lies about other people. I really do feel sorry for you about that. You never put me in my place. Keep dreaming, son. You never make points, you’re a bash-’n’-run type. It’s impossible for you to put anyone in their place. You don’t know how. You don’t even know what that entails.

I have seen people complain about you on EVERY post you’ve been on. And you talk about me?

Of course I have a few haters… people like you. Ain’t no thang. I always knew the little peons would get intimidated and rattled when I post something honest that they don’t want to hear. I have numerous supporters as well. But, who cares, you know? I’m not trying to have a “I have more friends than you” contest.

I post here to embarrass trolls, and to correct misinformation that unfortunately pops up more often than it should. Sorry you have a problem with someone who wants to do the right thing. :\

+ Gamerzlimited on May 19th, 2014 at 10:45 pm said:

@PanTheDipstick16 Kyubi and Primero is right, you’re nothing but a spoiled brat and a prick. In fact, you’re a spoiled prick! No one likes Primero you say? Did you forget about me? I always though he was a cool guy, unlike you that acts like an ass. Also, tusunami said nothing wrong. He was trying to stay positive like always. But then you had to show up and say insults. Do yourself a favor, please shut up and get off this blog. Nobody wants to hear your pathetic rants.

+ The5rozos on May 19th, 2014 at 10:50 pm said:

@PanTheMan16…

Hey, you do know that most of the DLC on this game is made by studios OTHER than Mm right? Even the level packs are made by independent studios such as Tarsier, Sumo, Double Eleven, etc.

So you might want to direct these comments towards SONY, who is obviously ‘milking’ the game as you say. Mm has moved on to other things and projects, it’s SONY that’s telling these studios to keep the DLC flow going.

And I don’t have a problem with that. But I guess you do. Even if LBP is full of 12 year old players, they’re obviously buying this content otherwise there wouldn’t be a DLC release literally every second week.

So if you’re so dang angry at these blog posts, I suggest you start up LBP on your PS3 (if you have either one) and personally attack each and every player who’s online telling them to stop buying this stuff. Good luck with that!

+ Welmosca on May 20th, 2014 at 12:20 am said:

I’m disappointed with this….so many great costumes to chose from and you guys bring lemmings?….disappointing.

Now where is the Joe Danger costume that was supposed to be released 2(soon to be 3)weeks ago?…I’m waiting on that.

@ PanTheMan16 – I can’t help but pity you…your hard trolling and ignorance has gone so far that I can only pity you.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on May 21st, 2014 at 6:28 am said:

Lots of people love the Lemmings! (Myself included!)

Are there any costumes that you would really love to see then? :)

+ PanTheMan16 on May 20th, 2014 at 2:36 am said:

@Welmosca, don’t be a hypocrite. Complaining about costume DLC, then criticize me for talking about costume DLC? Yeah, you just invalidated both of your complaints. 2 – I’m not trolling. I love LBP and think it’s one of the highlights of the PS3. 3 – You clearly don’t know what “ignorance” means. Don’t try using big words if you don’t understand them, or else you’ll just look ignorant. See what I did there?

+ Elvick_ on May 20th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

You’ve been killing it with clever costumes lately!

Obligatory Puppeteer and Knack costume request.

+ Elvick_ on May 20th, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

@8: Sony released some new screenshots of Lemmings Touch not that long ago. Gematsu posted them, along with a lot of other screenshots of other PSN games coming.

It was nice to finally see the game again. It’s looking good.

+ Elvick_ on May 20th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

@21: Media Molecule doesn’t even make the costume or DLC packs for LBP. They haven’t in years.

dat ignorance

+ InevitableChevy on May 20th, 2014 at 1:06 pm said:

These posts are indeed rehashed too much. They’re nothing more than a copy/paste post with some links and images edited. They have no real purpose or heart in them. Sure the updates would’ve been nice years ago when the game was relevant to something I’d play, but I’d rather see the space be dedicated to games/DLC I’d spend money on TODAY. I’ve spent my time and money in LBP already. It’s over. Random costumes is not going to get me back in the game. It’s not interesting. This isn’t worth the space on the blog. It would be better suited elsewhere – where your updates is relevant and real fans will be happy to visit (MM sites).
You’d think the lack of commenters each time would be an indication of interest the community has, but it’s just got to the point where people have to speak up and complain, and for that I’m sorry. It’s been years, and these updates are exhausting to see SO often. So let’s be honest here, they should be retired. Only a handful will even notice they’re gone. It had a good run, but you should know when to quit. It’s no longer the place for it anymore.
Also — Thank you PanTheMan16 for giving these rehashed posts a reason to read them.

+ Welmosca on May 21st, 2014 at 1:32 am said:

@ PanTheMan16 – Yup I saw what you did there more ignorance…ha I ain’t complaining just saying I’m disappointed in these costumes….the one who complain here is you.Please don’t try to sound like a clever person since you clearly ain’t….ha you love LBP….?…ha the irony…hum…I don’t know what ignorance means?….

Saying nobody plays LBP anymore…that looks like ignorance to me.
You complain about these posts and costumes DLCs…while I just said I was disappointed on lemmings costumes and you misjudged for complaining….that looks like ignorance too.

+ plaztiksyke on May 21st, 2014 at 1:19 pm said:

@goodSuM I got the PSM version of Lemmings on day 1, and paid for most of the DLC for it :) It would have been nice if it were more than an upscale of the Lemmings PSP release, especially with the weird video interlacing artifacts, but it’s still a great game. The background art in Lemmings can be really inventive, so I’m excited for Lemmings Touch so we can have real lighting/particles and higher poly models than the PSone era.

Sounds like this is just more costumes for LBP and not an actual level pack that simulates a Lemmings-like puzzle. That’s too bad. Maybe I’ll get the costumes when LBP comes to PS4 or if they go on sale. I’m kinda “done” just buying costumes for LBP — I want more level packs. I’m skipping the Joe Danger LBP costume for the same reason — if there was a Joe Danger level pack, however small, then I’d jump both of these.

+ dakky123 on May 31st, 2014 at 3:27 pm said: