Watch Dogs 2

May 19

May 19

PlayStation Now: PS4 Private Beta Starts Tomorrow

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar Posted by Director of Marketing, PlayStation Now

Update: With both PS3 and PS4 Private Beta’s now in effect, we sent out codes for both systems on May 20 as planned. We’re aware that some PS4 owners may have received a beta code for PS3 but don’t currently own that console. We’re working to send PS4 vouchers to everyone in the beta that received a PS3 voucher since January. These will be sent out in batches over the next week or so, please be patient. If you haven’t already registered and plan to, please make sure to tick off what console you own in the appropriate check box.

Hi all, since January, a growing number of PlayStation fans have been enjoying the Private Beta program for PlayStation Now, our streaming game service launching this summer.

PlayStation Now logo

Up until this point, our Private Beta for PS Now has been available on PlayStation 3 systems. We’re pleased to announce that the Private Beta program is expanding and will make its debut on PlayStation 4 systems on May 20. If you’ve registered for the PS Now Private Beta, keep an eye on your mailbox for a voucher code.

PS Now gives you the freedom to play select PS3 games like you already stream movies, TV, shows, and music – directly to your favorite PS Now compatible devices without any discs or downloads. The first supported devices launching in 2014 are PS4, PS3, select 2014 Bravia TVs, and PlayStation Vita, with more devices down the road.

The Private Beta program has been going great so far, and we want to give thanks to the testers that have participated – your valuable feedback is helping us make the service even better. Thus far, Private Beta testers have logged more than 50,000 gameplay hours discovering new games, rediscovering favorites and racking up Trophies!

We are also happy to announce that access to the PS3 Private Beta program will expand to a broader audience in the near future. If you aren’t a member of our Private Beta community yet, click here to register your interest. Please be patient if you’ve already registered but haven’t received an invitation yet. We are inviting more Private Beta testers on a regular basis.

We’re eager to launch PS Now more widely – stay tuned to this blog for more details. And remember, if you’re already in the PS Now Private Beta, we want to hear from you so post feedback / impressions in our private forums.

More coming soon!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

bevochan said:

May 20th, 9:53 am

I got the original PS3 60 gig on release day. I got the PS4 on release day.

Can I please get an invite for Playstation NOW?

abc90cal said:

May 20th, 9:55 am

Invite me I trophy hunt.

abc90cal said:

May 20th, 9:57 am

I play everyday I have 2 vitas ps3 ps4 n psp

Leviathan_502 said:

May 20th, 10:27 am

has any one played ps2 games on the beta version for ps3?

plooms said:

May 20th, 11:00 am

Have invites/vouchers gone out yet today?

Scarfunk1 said:

May 20th, 11:07 am

Have been registered since day one but still haven’t gotten a code. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for the PS4 beta since I play on that the most. If you get the PS4 beta code, can you remote play on the Vita? Thanks for your help.

P.S. Typing with your toes is tough!

Blitzkrieg_exe said:

May 20th, 11:27 am

I got an invitation to PS Now a few weeks ago and immediately accepted it. Then, nothing else happened. Help.

startazz said:

May 20th, 11:29 am

Glad PSNow is going so well in the USA and I can’t wait for the day when we can use this service here in the UK too.

Keep up the great work to all the staff at Sony PS as you never cease to amaze me. ;-)

CyborgGreyFox said:

May 20th, 11:42 am

So, can we get a canadian version of the blog where you guys remove every article that isn’t specifically about games? Because anything else, whether it’s a new promotion, app, beta or whatever is always US only and it’s seriously aggravating.

Lomns said:

May 20th, 11:56 am

Did anyone get accepted and get their code? I didn’t get ****.

mancub194 said:

May 20th, 12:29 pm

Ohh want this on my PS4 & Vita please!! ..send me a invite!

SDkngsht said:

May 20th, 1:00 pm

yeah! got in a couple of weeks go and just been waiting or it to open up to the PS4. excited to check it out and test it out.

alehb said:

May 20th, 1:11 pm

I hope I get a voucher xD

patt2kpl said:

May 20th, 1:40 pm

I’m I suppose to receive some sort of confirmation at least?
I have fast broadband so I would love to try it! :)

magicaleaf said:

May 20th, 1:48 pm

I redeem my beta voucher. What do i do next?

neverender2113 said:

May 20th, 1:50 pm

I redeemed my voucher as well. Would not let me download. Maybe after store updates?

alehb said:

May 20th, 1:54 pm

Are you guys already got an invite to the PS4 program? When did you register? I didn’t get mine :/ I want mine.

Nuncio2112 said:

May 20th, 1:58 pm

Hey there. I just received a ps3 code today but I do not own a ps3. I have the ps4, seems like I need a different code for the ps4. Please see if there is a way to switch it out for me. Thanks in advance!

aaronmp2001 said:

May 20th, 1:59 pm

Just got my invite….redeemed it said it would be downloaded. Nothing is showing up for me though.

inorder2k5 said:

May 20th, 2:00 pm

Just received my beta code. Input it on my PS4 only to see that it isn’t for the PS4. Why they sent me a PS3 beta code is beyond me. I hope this code will encompass my PS4 as well.

Dante069 said:

May 20th, 2:00 pm

Received my beta invite for the PS3. So far I’m impressed with the service. Keep up the great work!

silverhawknike said:

May 20th, 2:03 pm

Me too. I got the beta code and redeem on PS4. It wouldnt let download it on my PS4. Im confused. Is that code is intend for PS3 system only? I dont have PS3 and I never register ps3 in my account

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar

Peter Jamshidi said:

May 20th, 5:56 pm

Hey guys,

A bunch of new codes went out today but we are still sending out both PS3 codes to many as well as the new PS4 codes, so read your email carefully to ensure which platform the code you got applies to.

For those with only a PS3 code currently but own both a PS3 and a PS4 console, please be patient. We will follow-up with PS4 codes in the coming weeks. Most of all, enjoy and remember to give feedback on the Private Beta forums.

FREECONEHEAD said:

May 20th, 2:03 pm

So just got my code today, but it’s for PS3 (which my brother has now). Why no PS4? Why can’t I just use the same code?

elflaco215 said:

May 20th, 2:05 pm

Got a ps3 code instead of a ps4 code was that intentional?

illyomatic said:

May 20th, 2:05 pm

I received a code on 5/20 but it only mentions the PS3 beta. I redeemed the code in the store using my browser and the download is only for PS3. Will I be able to access the PS4 beta?

tharsan3890 said:

May 20th, 2:06 pm

Hi, so I received an email from the playstation now group giving me a voucher code but when I tried to input it, I was told the code was either invalid or has expired. Not sure how to proceed.

illyomatic said:

May 20th, 2:07 pm

Also, I tried to get into the private beta forums and I get an “Access Denied” page..whyyy?

Savey_ said:

May 20th, 2:08 pm

got ps3 code also says i cant acess private forums

HiddenBlade1988 said:

May 20th, 2:09 pm

I received a beta voucher code and I entered it into my PS4 and it comes up saying “Ready to Download” but it does not download.

Massmurderer2352 said:

May 20th, 2:10 pm

Received beta code for my ps4 earlier and have redeemed it. Now at the “ready to download” screen but will not let me download? Anyone else having the same problem and is this suppose to happen?

GiAnTdYnAsTy said:

May 20th, 2:14 pm

Hey all, I am having the same problem. Voucher code was accepted and I see the beta but it won’t download and it shows it’s for ps3. I called Sony and they assured me that the code is valid and will work on the ps4, however we won’t be able to download it until the playstation store updates and that happens at 5pm pacific time I was told. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone having the same issue. Hopefully this is true, and we all have a chance to get psnow up and running shortly.

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar

Peter Jamshidi said:

May 20th, 5:58 pm

Hi,

The PS3 codes are unique to the PS3 platform, as they are different application downloads.

Xbox1_Sign_Out said:

May 20th, 2:16 pm

Having the same problem as everyone else. You guys sent the wrong code…

jediWZRD said:

May 20th, 2:17 pm

I believe your new wave of codes was an error? You sent all the ps4 users a ps3 code! Please resend.

Catcher_BR said:

May 20th, 2:17 pm

if i get the PS3 one, can upgrade to PS4 ?

tharsan3890 said:

May 20th, 2:17 pm

Update:+ tharsan3890 on May 20th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:
——

So I went through live assistance who verified my info and the issue was I was given a U.S. region code but i’m from Canada. They’ll be updating that and will be sending a new code.

Napchild said:

May 20th, 2:17 pm

I registered for the pS4 beta but just now received a code for PS3. Will I get a code that will work on my PS4?

Lukeisthebomb921 said:

May 20th, 2:19 pm

I got the code from sony for the ps4 now beta but when i add the code it says thanks for entering the code. But it wont download it just gos back to the psstore? I sighn up for the ps4 beta and its now downloading When i got the code. is it really a beta for the ps4? Whats going on? Why cant i download it

illyomatic said:

May 20th, 2:20 pm

GiAnTdYnAsTy – Thank you for digging deeper on this issue! I guess we’ll have to wait and see at 5pm pacific time when the store updates!

SkeezillaPK said:

May 20th, 2:22 pm

Likewise peeps. Entered code on PS4 and sitting on DL screen with unclickable DL icon. Hope fully @GiAnTdYnAsTy got legit info from Sony. Here’s to wishing!

DX2800 said:

May 20th, 2:23 pm

I also just received a ps3 code today and I do not own a ps3. I have ps4.

illyomatic said:

May 20th, 2:24 pm

Its turned into PS NOW we WAIT. LOL

element18 said:

May 20th, 2:25 pm

got my invite tonight. can’t wait to check it out later!

neverender2113 said:

May 20th, 2:28 pm

People. Read.

InfectedGYPSY said:

May 20th, 2:28 pm

Does the code not work in Canada? I have a code, but its saying that is not valid?

If it isn’t valid in Canada, I guess some one on here can have it.

Harriden_US said:

May 20th, 2:31 pm

Got my code but when redeemed it won’t download i press the down arrow box the download but nothing happens??? :(

mokie said:

May 20th, 2:31 pm

Thanks for the invite just downloaded and installed, Enjoying it as we speak!
Are there any plans for more games to be added throughout this Beta in the coming weeks or is this what we have to test with until a full release?

I only ask as i own a majority of the games listed currently, but i will gladly playtest them for the benefit of the service but had hoped to try some new games i had not played out or maybe even PS1/PS2 games through the service :)

Thanks again!

JoeyPC said:

May 20th, 2:34 pm

So, I just got my PS4 playstation now code, accepted the terms, and everything was good until…. i put the code in on my PS4, and it accepted it but when im at the download page of it the little checkmark doesnt light up for me to download it… not sure whats happening?

wouldja said:

May 20th, 2:42 pm

I just got a code to be on the beta. Seeing the news about the PS4 beta I was so excited I redeemed the code on my PS4 before I realized it was a code for the PS3 beta. I haven’t owned a PS3 since PS4 launch. Will I be getting a PS4 beta code soon? It’s sad to see that grayed out download icon just sitting there on the screen.

Harriden_US said:

May 20th, 2:45 pm

Same here JoeyPC

evilt said:

May 20th, 2:46 pm

hi i received my beta invite today in uk account for ps3 prefered a ps4 1 as only play gta on ps3 but cant useit with my uk account tryed on my us account and works to rental bit but cant play or test connections any 1 able to help me get this sorted or can they send me a code for the uk beta as my 1 seems to be us thanks

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8