Farpoint

May 19

May 19

PlayStation Now: PS4 Private Beta Starts Tomorrow

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar Posted by Director of Marketing, PlayStation Now

Update: With both PS3 and PS4 Private Beta’s now in effect, we sent out codes for both systems on May 20 as planned. We’re aware that some PS4 owners may have received a beta code for PS3 but don’t currently own that console. We’re working to send PS4 vouchers to everyone in the beta that received a PS3 voucher since January. These will be sent out in batches over the next week or so, please be patient. If you haven’t already registered and plan to, please make sure to tick off what console you own in the appropriate check box.

Hi all, since January, a growing number of PlayStation fans have been enjoying the Private Beta program for PlayStation Now, our streaming game service launching this summer.

PlayStation Now logo

Up until this point, our Private Beta for PS Now has been available on PlayStation 3 systems. We’re pleased to announce that the Private Beta program is expanding and will make its debut on PlayStation 4 systems on May 20. If you’ve registered for the PS Now Private Beta, keep an eye on your mailbox for a voucher code.

PS Now gives you the freedom to play select PS3 games like you already stream movies, TV, shows, and music – directly to your favorite PS Now compatible devices without any discs or downloads. The first supported devices launching in 2014 are PS4, PS3, select 2014 Bravia TVs, and PlayStation Vita, with more devices down the road.

The Private Beta program has been going great so far, and we want to give thanks to the testers that have participated – your valuable feedback is helping us make the service even better. Thus far, Private Beta testers have logged more than 50,000 gameplay hours discovering new games, rediscovering favorites and racking up Trophies!

We are also happy to announce that access to the PS3 Private Beta program will expand to a broader audience in the near future. If you aren’t a member of our Private Beta community yet, click here to register your interest. Please be patient if you’ve already registered but haven’t received an invitation yet. We are inviting more Private Beta testers on a regular basis.

We’re eager to launch PS Now more widely – stay tuned to this blog for more details. And remember, if you’re already in the PS Now Private Beta, we want to hear from you so post feedback / impressions in our private forums.

More coming soon!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8

JjPredz said:

May 20th, 5:03 pm

Ok so i checked my email today and they sent me a code for the ps3, i wanted ps4 code not ps3, did anybody else receive a ps3 instead of a ps4 today?

JjPredz said:

May 20th, 5:03 pm

Didnt see other comments, whoops lol.

Lukeisthebomb921 said:

May 20th, 5:09 pm

This is still going on?? Called sony a hour ago and they told me for a update on the PlayStation store witch could take an hour or two. Anyways if anyways if anybody gets there hands then please tell us here thx guys

CSurgeITCB said:

May 20th, 5:22 pm

I just got done speaking with sony. They intentionally sent out PS3 beta invites on this trip. Everyone that got a PS3 invite today will get an invite for the PS4 beta.

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar

Peter Jamshidi said:

May 20th, 6:01 pm

Hey guys, we sent out a batch of PS4 invites today, but there was a batch of PS3 codes that also went out. Please make sure you carefully read your email before entering your codes. The PS3 code only works on PS3s, same for PS4.

connorfarrell11 said:

May 20th, 5:23 pm

Has anyone managed to actually get this running?

Speedo36 said:

May 20th, 5:30 pm

i used the chat today and was told within two week my code for the ps4 would be sent.

jumonkan said:

May 20th, 5:33 pm

Well not sure but thanks. I got my in it and code for PS3. I was hoping for the invite for PS4 but 3 will do. Thanks

jediWZRD said:

May 20th, 5:46 pm

so Sony said they were releasing ps4 codes today then sent ps3 codes to ps4 users & then say they did it on purpose?

Bull, someone messed up somewhere, just OWN UP TO IT SONY!

Sonic_809 said:

May 20th, 5:46 pm

I got a code, but it was a PS3 voucher code. I actually signed up for the PS4 beta code. Does it matter which voucher code I got?

Speedo36 said:

May 20th, 5:49 pm

they will own up and send them out in the next few day relax people

da_superior151 said:

May 20th, 5:53 pm

Why can’t PlayStation now be included with you PlayStation Plus subscribers ??

GrownGodsOwn said:

May 20th, 6:17 pm

playstation net work sent me a playstaion now code for ps3 and i have a ps4. doesint work

ITS-_-MYWORLD said:

May 20th, 6:20 pm

I got my ps3 code I hope to get a ps4 code soon I wanna try it out so bad

StanleyStutters said:

May 20th, 6:34 pm

I only own a PS4 and checked that box only, but for some reason got a PS3 code in my email today. Will I get a PS4 one as well?

alehb said:

May 20th, 6:37 pm

Peter: How do I do to get a code other than register my email and psn ID on the website? Or are you randomly selecting ppl here?

FoolishBeggar said:

May 20th, 6:40 pm

I just got my beta access code today and it worked. It said for PS3 only but I put it in on my PS4 and it worked. SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

MMandevil said:

May 20th, 6:45 pm

I was hoping to get mine today really miss playing all the old games, I love the games I have for PS4 now but you can only play them so much.

ant56777 said:

May 20th, 6:50 pm

they sent ps4 codes huh, seems to me about 9/10 was ps3 codes.

Apoc47 said:

May 20th, 6:54 pm

Can we get Starhawk Please????

SparkieSD said:

May 20th, 6:57 pm

Damn that sucks; I signed up for a PS4 code because I don’t own a PS3 and got a PS3 code. :'(

true_alatheus said:

May 20th, 7:12 pm

the same thing happened to me. got code, redeemed it but cant download the app.

deanna9869 said:

May 20th, 7:19 pm

@Peter A number of us on here requested PS4 codes but received PS3 codes. We don’t have PS3s, however. Will we be receiving PS4 codes as well? Customer service seems to be telling different things to different people. As we’re all eager to test this new program, I know that any clarification that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Chacal81 said:

May 20th, 7:22 pm

Why would you send me a PS3 code when I clearly requested a code fir the PS4? Useless to me

Sealtested said:

May 20th, 7:35 pm

Can Canadian’s atleast be told we were lied 2 about PS Now launching in Canada this summer?

wordzero said:

May 20th, 7:43 pm

@peterjamshidi Like many have said, we requested the PS4 codes but were sent PS3. I don’t have a PS3 anymore. Will we still be getting the PS4 codes??

Duke_Solo said:

May 20th, 7:47 pm

Scratching my head on this one. I’ve never owned a ps3 and didn’t select it as my platform when I signed up. Got all excited when my email came only to discover it doesn’t work… Why am I getting a code for the ps3 and not the ps4?

Dudley-Do-Wrong1 said:

May 20th, 7:48 pm

So I have my code redeemed, BUT I cant download it. Anyone else have this problem? (I’m on ps4)

AnoyoIkari said:

May 20th, 8:00 pm

I didn’t get a code or email at all. My feelings are ever so slightly hurt. *tears up*

kiddplay13 said:

May 20th, 8:14 pm

Checked my boxes for both PS3 and PS4, but recieved only a ps3 code. Its fine but was hoping to see the true potential of PS Now instead of just playing ps3 games on a ps3

Darkjay7991 said:

May 20th, 8:36 pm

Hey, I got an invite with a ps3 code. Accidentally registered it on my ps3 thinking it would transfer for the ps4. I also took note to the beta license agreement and agreed to it. I was just wondering if I could anticipate a PS4 voucher in my email in the near future.

slip-stream0 said:

May 20th, 8:50 pm

I also got a PS3 code, but when I signed up for it, I only checked PS4 and Vita, so im not sure why I got a PS3 code. Hoping they convert over soon!

leffstick876 said:

May 20th, 9:01 pm

I recieved a voucher, added the code but was unable to select download…any suggestions why?

Pyzmo said:

May 20th, 9:47 pm

Eh unfortunately i got a ps3 code and i sold my last gen consoles :S i redeemed it on my ps4 but it wont let me download like the masses are posting hopefully they let you use it on ps4 soon.

Wild_Face said:

May 20th, 9:59 pm

Thanks for the invitation but I selected PS4 and was given a PS3 invite. :( I’d really love to try out the service.

ReneidKlein said:

May 20th, 10:06 pm

Wow, first my PS4 died in a wicked harsh thunderstorm the night before Child of Light drops, then Transistor drops today and then I got a PS Now beta invite this evening as well. It’s like Sony are taunting me with all the things I want most, knowing I can’t have them till I get my system back, lol. I can’t really complain too much as I spent the time away from my PS4 with my PS3 and Vita.

At least I also got a confirmation e-mail that my system was finally repaired and on its way to my house with an estimated delivery date of 05/22/14. Going to put this holiday weekend to good use.

Adramelech69 said:

May 20th, 11:53 pm

I signed up a long time ago. I got a code and entered it into the redeem area in the store on my PS4. It said Thank You the promotion code has been redeemed. Your purchase has been completed. You may now download your pruchase. When I highlight the PLAYSTATION NOW PRIVATE BETA on the right side with the arrow pointing down and press X to download it, it just sits there doing nothing. I then found out it was only for PS3. So, now I just find out this is opening to PS4 so I tried to put the code in again, and it says it works, but it doesn’t allow me to download it to my PS4 still. Are you going to send me another code?

Alphajay777 said:

May 21st, 12:20 am

Hey, I pre-ordered Wolfenstein, and destiny on the PSN from my ps4, I recived the wolfenstein game, but how am i expected to receive the Doom beta key that arrives with it? (same thing for the Destiny beta key) I wasn’t emailed or anything. Please help

D4__b34zT_T said:

May 21st, 1:04 am

i have received the beta key but it does not work it says it has been entered incorrectly or has been expired? i don’t get it ??

Terbak said:

May 21st, 1:06 am

So I got an invite to PlayStation Now for the Ps3 on the day it release for the Ps4??? I’d rather play this on my Ps4…New code?

Terbak said:

May 21st, 1:08 am

+ Wild_Face on May 20th, 2014 at 9:59 pm said:

This this 1000x THIS!

That is exactly what happened to me.

P.S. Sorry if this is a double post.

Terbak said:

May 21st, 1:09 am

+ StanleyStutters on May 20th, 2014 at 6:34 pm said:

T-T-Triple Post

Again sorry to point this out Sony but DAFAQ?

I would be a much more valuable tester on the Ps4 since thats where I actually spend most of my time playing. Can I get a 4 code?

MavrickHuntr_0 said:

May 21st, 1:22 am

So… question. I signed up for the ps4 beta, because I do not own a ps3 anymore…. But today I received a ps3 beta code. Do I need to sign up again and wait for a new code? Or might I get a separate one here soon? Thank you.

a7medii-bh said:

May 21st, 1:35 am

i got access for ps3 beta test ! i don’t have my ps3 any more :(

proud2be said:

May 21st, 2:00 am

I got a beta code in email on may 20th but it only works for ps3, :(

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

May 21st, 3:42 am

my connection speed(download) is 3.1 i cant play anything

D4W_DEATHMEAT said:

May 21st, 4:01 am

Hi Guys,

I receive the email yesterday but its says to use on Playstation 3 and i only have a Playstation4 . Its the same vouch code for the 2 consoles???. Please let me know.

jmertens79 said:

May 21st, 5:45 am

I was so excited to get the email… and then I realized after trying to redeem it that the code was for the ps3 beta. Yeah, sorry folks, I only have a ps4. :-/

zornjeff said:

May 21st, 6:10 am

Do you have to register again for the PS4 if you already on the ps3 beta

RodwyRod88 said:

May 21st, 6:29 am

Why did I receive a Beta Code living in Canada when it only works for people living in the US

Ormsby313 said:

May 21st, 6:34 am

Don’t remember specifying my console, but received an invite for what looks to be PS3 today. Of course I sold my PS3 when I upgraded to PS4 and heard about PS Now. Just curious if others with the same invite problems have had any luck?

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8