GTAV PS4

PlayStation Plus: Puppeteer, Surge Deluxe Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on May 19, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Puppeteer is a stunning adventure starring a boy named Kutaro, who unfortunately gets turned into a puppet and then has his head removed. Tough break. As you make your way home, you’ll collect heads from other sources (not sure why there are a bunch of heads lying around, but y’know), which serve as collectibles and your health bar.

Color-match games can be quite addictive, and Surge Deluxe on PS Vita is no exception. As you clear out blocks of the same color by dragging your finger across Vita’s touchscreen, you’ll also be racing against the pressure building in the surrounding pipes. If you don’t vent the pipes by clearing out blocks, it’s game over. Don’t worry though, you can always try again. ;)

You can download Puppeteer and Surge Deluxe after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, May 20th.

PS Plus - Puppeteer

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Puppeteer (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Puppeteer
One dark moonlit night, a young boy named Kutaro was carried away by the maleficent Moon Bear King to a black castle where the unlucky lad was transformed into a puppet. Kutaro displeased the terrible tyrant, who devoured the boy’s wooden head and cast away his body. But the headless hero was not alone, for he had discovered a very special pair of scissors to help him on his harrowing adventure to find his head, and his way home.
Surge Deluxe (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Surge Deluxe
A new energy source provides humanity with enormous electrical power, but by-product materials build up fast, and must be constantly cleared to keep pressure levels in check. Shatter the dangerous by-products by routing electrical surges between matching blocks, and then vent pressure in huge blasts to buy you more time! Surge Deluxe puts sizzling electrical energy at your fingertips!

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/27)

Instant Game Collection
Velocity Ultra (PS Vita)

Discount
Serious Sam 3: BFE (PS3)

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update, make sure to vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2

+ Rezolution77 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

MORE POPULAR TITLED PSP SALES.

They should be competitive with physical copies at the very least.
( I ve seen Daxter as low as .99¢ )
They’re digital (no resale), prices should be reflective as such.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

@AizawaYuuichi: Best explanation by far that I’ve ever seen regarding the pricing of physical vs. digital media. Thank you.

I still buy the games I care most about in physical form, and wait for extreme sales/IGC to pick up the rest.

+ duke301 on May 19th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

Big surprise here – Yet another game added to Plus! which was on sale dirt cheap not long ago. Great track-record in that regard, guys! I was hoping for a sale, however. Can’t complain though, this week will be good for a money-saver.

+ saab01 on May 19th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

Puppeteer is looking like a fun game. Hopefully after playing tomorrow it will turn out to be a pleasure to play.

+ meb2x on May 19th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

I’ve asked this before, but never got a reply. Any news on when Resogun will switch out for a different free game?

+ plaztiksyke on May 19th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

Puppeteer is one of those games that shows what the PS3 can really do: great lighting and detailed animations, 3D supports, and multiplayer Move support — all at the same time. The art style and totally ridiculous story are really fun. It’s a shame it wasn’t marketed very well in North America.

I’d love to see a PS4 native version of Puppeteer with 1080p native 3D.

+ bloodmurder2014 on May 19th, 2014 at 2:33 pm said:

Can the PS3 get a update so we can see our friends that has a PS4 are online

+ Deadpoolian on May 19th, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

Yessssssss. So excited for Puppeteer! It looks like a blast.

+ willz639 on May 19th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

ps4 never gets anything…still stuck using 8 year old avatars niceeee

+ ccrogers15 on May 19th, 2014 at 4:36 pm said:

I am regretting having PLUS.
Yet again another garbage indie game.

And no sales this week? Grrr.

+ Tony42Rivers on May 19th, 2014 at 4:39 pm said:

Was actually playing Puppeteer on the PlayStation Now Beta earlier today. Still gonna download it though! PS+, you’re too much, I tell ya

+ honkayjeezus on May 19th, 2014 at 5:19 pm said:

Puppeteer should be good, thanks.

+ boypogi789 on May 19th, 2014 at 5:21 pm said:

And I just renewed my playstation plus subscription, hopefully we get better vita games on June.

+ wwwdotjames on May 19th, 2014 at 5:28 pm said:

Let’s have a surprise sale tomorrow! Wouldn’t that be swell?

If not atleast I will have my Wolfenstein fix tomorrow, eh!

+ davidxraw on May 19th, 2014 at 5:38 pm said:

When Limbo comes to PlayStation Plus can we please get it for the PlayStation 3 as well?

+ KezefTheDead on May 19th, 2014 at 5:43 pm said:

Thank you for the offers this week, Sony.
I have heard great things about Puppeteer, but have not yet gotten around to purchasing it(too much Dark Souls 2, among other things).
That’s just one of the many reasons I love PS Plus. You can pay a yearly fee, and get games included in that purchase that you may not have gotten around to otherwise. But hitting a download button as opposed to filling a wallet and contemplating if it would be worth your hard earned cash or not….that may keep one from buying such a game.

I am also looking forward to Surge Deluxe for my Vita…..but I am NOT looking forward to bringing back my puzzle game addiction of the 1990s. :D

+ Gungrea on May 19th, 2014 at 5:45 pm said:

after last weeks sales, my psn wallet is exhausted. im actually glad there arent no sales this week.
ive been interested in puppeteer for a while. glad i waited for either a good sale or ps plus.
now, the last of us!

+ Gungrea on May 19th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

@57
that would be nice. even go as far as updating the vita/ps3/ps4 firmware to show all our friends who are online through all platforms. i cant tell you how annoying it is when im on my vita and i can see that my ps3 friends are online, but they cant see that im online just because im on my vita.

+ soulismissing on May 19th, 2014 at 6:06 pm said:

How are there NO SALES this week? Isn’t that one of the cores of the PS+ program?

+ GreatDekuTree- on May 19th, 2014 at 6:33 pm said:

I heard Limbo is free for PS + members this month (may). If so, where is it?

+ SuperIanGamerHd on May 19th, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

Can’t wait to try out puppeteer

+ tusunami on May 19th, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

Well well the games for ps plus are incredible now I have to make time to get around to playing them Lol.

+ TriP6963 on May 19th, 2014 at 7:06 pm said:

Just going through my game collection and realized I some how forgot to download Metro… why was it removed from the instant game collection soo fast. I’m super bummed, was getting all geared up to play the game. Any chance you’ll be bring it back for a re-download later?
Puppeteer looks like fun.

+ ZigNoff on May 19th, 2014 at 7:12 pm said:

@49 No offense, but while the theory has weight to it, Jim Sterling points out the other problems with this arguement.

+ poodude on May 19th, 2014 at 7:43 pm said:

Awesome, looking forward to both games.

+ PrimeroIncognito on May 19th, 2014 at 7:52 pm said:

@ ccrogers15

Aww… poor little fella… hope you’ll be alright. Maybe after mama changes your diaper and gives you a nice warm bottle you’ll settle down for the night…

@ KezefTheDead

Get ready to experience addiction all over again because Surge Deluxe definitely has that quality to it! I bought it day one and I’ve been hooked ever since. Every time I play it, I end up going MUCH longer than I originally planned to… and then I see the little colorful tiles dancing in my head when I go to bed… yeah, it’s like that…

+ AchievementBros on May 19th, 2014 at 8:14 pm said:

Any word on when Limbo will be available to PS+ members on Vita?

+ Darkwolf99 on May 19th, 2014 at 9:44 pm said:

I hope there is a Flash Sale this week.

+ The_Great_Ska on May 19th, 2014 at 9:45 pm said:

@70 + @ 76 – Limbo is coming out next tuesday. And no, it will not be out on the PS3 again, since its been offered before, stop asking.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on May 19th, 2014 at 10:00 pm said:

Can’t wait to try puppeteer.
Not too worried about sales.. Broke lol.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on May 19th, 2014 at 10:01 pm said:

@73
They shouldn’t.
Not really their fault you forgot to grab it, and honestly I was excited to try it and was overly disappointed by it :(

+ Dangisuckatgamin on May 19th, 2014 at 10:04 pm said:

@60
Seriously Puppeteer is not indie…
Garbage PS+? You already got your moneys worth in games in 2 months {if you’ve even had it that long.. most likely you just got it and already are complaining because god forbid they release something not of your interest}
Let me guess you want FPS?
Ugh… the gaming industry…

+ txwolf63 on May 20th, 2014 at 3:57 am said:

Puppeteer is a fun game but no downloads on plus for me this may. All i’ll say is i’m still playing Playstation Now

+ Rezolution77 on May 20th, 2014 at 7:45 am said:

IGC is simple.

If you want to play a certain genre then go buy it.
Thats how it works. I play FPS, I buy FPS.

IGC allows me a chance to play other types of games, free.

I do not always like them , but since I buy digital, it is slightly beneficial.

The simple part is if you do not like it Do Not Resub.
It will be the only way Sony or Sony Affiliates understand.

You should be more worried that a possible 500 investment after 5 different consoles,would even be worth it..

Only time will tell how long an empire lasts, or when they are just grabbing for $dollars$.

+ Rezolution77 on May 20th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

Personally, I have a few years of PS Plus bought.

But I have not validated them yet.

+ istrain71 on May 20th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

Awhile back just before Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released you had Amazing Spider-Man PS3 on sale for 19.99 for Plus members.

The Playstation Store apparently listed the regular price as 21.99 so I thought to myself, “Oh not a huge difference, no rush to pick it up.” Now it is listed as 49.99?

For a game that’s almost two years old that’s a pretty hefty price tag. Add to that the error in your store listing. I’d appreciate the chance to pick it up for the previous sale price if possible.

+ jabberwockgee on May 20th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

@86

It was probably on sale for 21.99 with a plus price of 19.99.

+ cutejay012 on May 20th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Too bad no sells. I was really looking forward to spending some money! lol. I already have the Puppeteer and it’s a really cool game. Anyone who doesn’t have it already you’ll enjoy it. (Will we have ANY SALES at all? I have money to give you Sony! lol )

+ krazzkev on May 20th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Is Puppeteer remote-play enabled for the Vita? Love the feature on my PS4 and SORELY disappointed in the lack of support for PS3 games.

+ tfwo420 on May 21st, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Surge isn’t showing up in the ps+ vita list. A quick search in the ps store still let me download the game for free but for some reason it’s not showing up in the list of ps+ like all the other games and sales usually do.

+ CraddaPoosta on May 21st, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

I can’t wait for the day that a certain someone runs his mouth to someone’s face. It’s so easy to spot the eThugs. What a coward.

+ PrimeroIncognito on May 21st, 2014 at 10:31 pm said:

@ CraddaPoosta

I agree. I wish all these people who bash indies and Sony would try mouthing off to those people in person. They won’t, being the “e-thugs” that they are. They can only talk trash on the internet. I also like how a certain someone (wink) has been waiting for a day or two to pass after a post has been made to post his drivel now. I guess he’s too scared to jump in when the topic is hot anymore. :)

+ JAMBAND-FAM on May 22nd, 2014 at 3:52 am said:

PS Plus is starting really suck ! they give **** games for the PS4 ! I i really dont care if Dbags on here hate What I say? I am not here for you . I am sick of the crape Playstation gives its fans. We are the ones buying you product. With The PS+ I ask myself Y. Come on PS get it together. I know the PS4 is new and there are not a lot of games yet. the crape you give makes me want to unplug the thing.

+ ht02135 on May 22nd, 2014 at 6:29 am said:

‘The simple part is if you do not like it Do Not Resub.’

stupid comment. except sony put PS4 multiplayer behind PS+ paywall. if you want to play multiplayer online, then you have no choice but to Resub sucky PS+.

+ cusetown313 on May 24th, 2014 at 5:50 pm said: