Final Fantasy XV

May 20

May 20

Drakengard 3 Out Today on PS3, New Trailer Revealed

Sakura Minamida's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Manager, Square Enix

It’s a pleasure to be here on PlayStation.Blog to tell you guys that Drakengard 3 is out today on PS3. The Drakengard series has always been one of Square Enix’s most unique titles, and Drakengard 3 is no exception. To quote the tagline: carnage has never looked so beautiful.

You may remember that we had a very limited quantity Collector’s Edition of the game that sold out pretty quickly. Some good news for those of you that missed it is that you can now purchase the entirety of the DLC content we included in the Collector’s Edition with the game for $64.99, exclusively on PlayStation Store. We call it the Digital Collector’s Edition, and it includes One’s Prologue, the Giant Baby Hat for Mikhail, Caim’s Garb, the Japanese Voice Pack, the Nier Costume Pack, and six PSN themes.

For those of you who want to buy the DLC individually, there’s a few things available for sale today as well, including the Japanese Voice Pack, Manah’s Garb (her Drakengard 2 look) for Zero, and for you music fans, two remix packs that change certain tracks in the game to either the original Drakengard titles or Nier. We’ll have more DLC available soon, including the rest of the Intoner Sisters’ Prologue stages!

Our developer interview series comes to a close today as we sit down with Taro Yoko, the director of Drakengard 3. This isn’t your standard interview; that much is true right from the play button. Regardless, his insights on the game and how it came to be are incredibly deep, and he doesn’t shy away from sharing his introspective views on what it means to make and play video games in today’s day and age. Game developers in Japan rarely have the opportunity to be this candid.

Finally, the last two chapters of the Novella we’ll be revealing on the website, One and Mikhail, are now live on www.drakengardgame.com for those of you interested in getting a little back-story on the game’s colorful cast.

To those of you who have been anxiously awaiting Drakengard 3 since we announced it last year, thank you so much for your continued support. And if you’re hearing about it today for the first time, you can of course grab it on Amazon.com and many other participating retailers. I hope you enjoy the game!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

sheokato said:

May 20th, 6:07 am

Can’t wait. I pre-reordered the the collectors edition and am waiting for it to get here now! XD

Ryumoau said:

May 20th, 6:16 am

I predownloaded this on psn but haven’t started yet. Hope the gameplay is as good as the trailers make it seem. Also hope the game isn’t short (which is a fear i have with action rpgs).

I have to admit i’m not a fan of all that day one dlc though. Makes me think that most of them could have been included in the game. :/

Cainxavier said:

May 20th, 6:26 am

Would I need to have played the previous two in order to understand what’s going on in this one? (I would hope not since it’s supposedly a prequel but idk). I tried going back and playing the first one, but the controls and how it handles really put me off. This looks really good though :/

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

May 20th, 6:51 am

You should be able to enjoy this game without playing the other 2 for sure. It’s a win win because there are also nostalgic and familiar elements for franchise fans too :)

bldudas said:

May 20th, 6:26 am

My CE should arrive today!
So excited!

@ Ryumoau The DLC is already out in Japan, except, of course, the Japanese voices DLC.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

May 20th, 6:56 am

Thanks for pointing that out! Some of the DLC’s were plausible to get out day 1 in NA because they were out in Japan. We also wanted to get the JP VO out to the fans day one for the people that missed the Pre-Order offer or the sold out Collector’s Edition so they can get the experience the fans want from the time they start the game!

markedman54 said:

May 20th, 6:31 am

Pre-Order should arrive today. Been looking forward to this one.

Nazotchi said:

May 20th, 6:35 am

Honestly and without hyperbole, I do not think I’ve ever been this excited for a game in my life.

TheOathsworn said:

May 20th, 6:36 am

Pre-ordered this a while back, got my shipping notification e-mail yesterday along with my tracking number. It should be waiting for me on a shelf out my dogs’ reach when I get back home from work later today.

goldenbird15 said:

May 20th, 6:39 am

I haven’t considered buying this before now, but It does look interesting :O

rafael_martines said:

May 20th, 7:08 am

Does this game have dual audio? or it will have a japanese voice dlc like Lightning Returns?

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

May 20th, 7:11 am

JP VO is available as a DLC on sale starting today. It is also included at part of the Collector’s Edition (Digital and Physical) and was also free with Pre-Order for a certain time on the Square Enix Online Store.

Min117 said:

May 20th, 7:10 am

Got my collector’s edition yesterday and I was so happy since people are complain about digital river but I got it day earlier lol. I’ve been playing and I love it. It’s sad that now there is no more Cavia…

oversevethousand said:

May 20th, 7:32 am

Will all the DLC that was available through preorder be available to purchase separately if I get the game later now? I missed the first date for preorders by a day and wasn’t going to preorder knowing I would potentially miss things.

oversevethousand said:

May 20th, 7:34 am

Oh yeah, on that note? Never do timed exclusive preorder stuff like that again, especially when some of the stuff people were ordering wasn’t even going to be revealed until after they had to order it.

shuaDove said:

May 20th, 7:37 am

I got my Collectors Edition this morning! I love the simple, yet elegant designs of these Square-Enix Collectors Editions.

Geez, I’ll go ahead and admit that if SE comes out with an RPG of any type then I’ll buy it. I’ve been doing it since the early ’90s so why stop now?

tonerton said:

May 20th, 7:47 am

I have a question, So I read that the Japanese voice pack for this game is a DLC, so I went to the Playstation Store but I can’t find any DLC? Why isn’t there any Add ons when I go to the Playstation Store, only the game is available, there’s no Japanese Voice Pack or other DLCs.. Why is this? I just went there just now, May 20.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

May 20th, 9:21 am

PlayStation store front updates at 2pm so check back throughout the day! Although the vouchers should be working by now.

avluis said:

May 20th, 7:49 am

I’m afraid that since I missed all possible chances of grabbing that collector’s edition, I’ll just have to cancel what I got from GameStop.
The game is awesome, at least it looks like it, but the way it was delivered was not for me.
Just my opinion really.

avluis said:

May 20th, 7:53 am

And half of my message got cut off, I flipping hate mediacom internet.

Anyways, I may cancel the GameStop retail version and get the PSN version if it includes these items anyways.

So thanks for bringing over this game!

faraway25 said:

May 20th, 8:20 am

Hmmm..all the prologues are dlc? That seems like a big money mine. I usually wouldnt bother with a game like that but because I am very interested and want play a game like this, this time I’ll make an exception.

AzulokualaUSA said:

May 20th, 8:25 am

Any prices on the DLC and the japanese voice pack ?

tonerton said:

May 20th, 8:30 am

Where are the DLCs? ANYBODY SEEN THEM ON THE PS STORE? I only see the game

Sapitntapit said:

May 20th, 8:36 am

I can’t find the DLC either. Only thing there is the actual game.
Am I just completely missing it or are they not up yet?
I need those Japanese voices in my life </3

Ryumoau said:

May 20th, 8:43 am

Also, why weren’t the preorder costumes that were available at gamestop not included with the psn preorder version? I hate retail exclusive dlc. If i preorder the digital copy, i should get the same digital content bonuses as the retail copy. Especially since i can’t resell the digital version. :/

sockerps said:

May 20th, 8:53 am

I’m excitedly waiting for my collector’s edition to arrive!

Will we be getting any PSN avatars? Would love one of Zero from the CG custcene (where there’s no flower in the eye yet).

TJF588 said:

May 20th, 8:57 am

PROTIP: The PlayStation Store typically updates (or rather, finishes updating) sometime in the afternoon. Rarely, even early Wednesday, and once Thursday! The Drakengard 3 you’re seeing is the pre-purchase.

Of which, will the PS Store pre-order XMB theme be made available separately later? I’d hate to miss out on it, though either way, I still don’t even know how it looks.

But all this piecemealing… Fine for costumes, music tracks, even alternate voice work, but dunno ’bout those prologue chapters. At least, they’re inconsequential, like duodecim prologus; at worst, they’re vital, like Asura’s Wrath Part IV. either way, if it feels like cut content, it oughta’ve just been included. *eyes Child of Light’s “Golem’s Plight”*

DRAKENGARD!

TJF588 said:

May 20th, 9:00 am

Oh, if avatars are in conversation, those chibi face shots from the site (which, thank you for providing the novella’s content digitally so all* can have access to it; “FFVIIAC The Novel” and “FFXIII episode i” are print-only, to my knowledge) would be kickin’, especially that mini-Caim!

Ryumoau said:

May 20th, 9:02 am

@23 agreed! Or at the very least, if they insist on making us buy cut out content, make them alot cheaper than they are.

MarinoBrea said:

May 20th, 9:05 am

Will this PS2 be compatible with PS4 through PS NOW?

MarinoBrea said:

May 20th, 9:05 am

*PS2 game

rwlove said:

May 20th, 9:10 am

With drakengard 3 coming out i feel like drakengard 1 and 2 should be ps2 classics or at least drakengard 1.

tonerton said:

May 20th, 9:20 am

I agree with Sapitntapit, I also want the Japanese voice over!! and how much is it? I want it coz it’s better, but it’s nowhere to be found in the PS store.

Ryumoau said:

May 20th, 9:29 am

@29 how do you know its better if you don’t even have it yet? japanophiles are so obnoxious. >_<

Sapitntapit said:

May 20th, 9:35 am

@30 Well there is the Japanese trailer that has the voices in it. There’s enough of the voice acting in it to decide which one you would like more.

AzulokualaUSA said:

May 20th, 9:36 am

The dub voices are pretty good, there are some famous voice actors/actress

Elvick_ said:

May 20th, 9:39 am

I wish the dual audio could have been on the disc. It’s friggin’ HUGE. D;

I like the dub though, so it’s not a huge deal to me.

Thank you guys so much for bringing Drakengard 3 over to the west and at retail. And for doing a Collector’s Edition too!

I know with licensing things can be impossible, but if you could release Drakengard 1 & 2 as PS2 Classics, that would be great. I got the first for a fair price, but 2 is more expensive so being able to buy it on PSN would be nice. But I know that’s not always an option *looks at KH: Birth By Sleep and Crisis Core*

tonerton said:

May 20th, 9:46 am

@30 or Ryumoau, I have WATCHED the Japanese audio Trailer of Drakengard 3 and it’s great! Most Jrpg’s are way better than its Eng dub counterparts. True, nowadays the English version is improving, but it’s still dry or bland for me. It’s not “natural” each time I hear an english dub. Japanese suits this game quite well, it’s a JRPG after all.

AizawaYuuichi said:

May 20th, 9:49 am

Though I purchased the CE, you can count on me never ordering from your online store again. Since I made an account and pre-ordered back in February… EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that I log into the website, within minutes I get an email stating there has been “suspicious account activity” and my account is locked until I make a new password. Every freaking time. After the fifth time in on day, I sent an email to support it, not asking why it was happening, but simply stating that this is a serious issue and I’m not the only one it was happening to (the internet made it pretty clear that it was a common problem). All I got was a form response containing the exact wording from the website. No effort was put into researching the problem in the slightest. I don’t know if this is simply a ploy to force people into purchasing one of your security tokens since you also have the digital app available, but it’s obvious that your website is just not in any kind of shape to be used for retail purposes. I mean seriously, normal and everyday usage counts as “suspicious activity”? That’s just ridiculous.

Thank you for releasing this game, it should be arriving later this morning, but from now on, I’ll be sticking to Gamestop and Amazon.

ONE-ONLINE said:

May 20th, 9:55 am

How can we upgrade to “Digital Collector’s Edition” if we already pre-purchased the
digital regular version that was the only thing available on PS Store before today?

SoylentSystem said:

May 20th, 10:06 am

Got my game the 16 , did very very long session and im almost done with 100% unlocking. I just gona say this game is a master piece. Sadly the dlc for japanese kinda piss me off It should be free for everyone.

Blamefulgecko said:

May 20th, 10:41 am

:( I would have bought the psn digital CE! Didn’t show up in the store till today!

Blamefulgecko said:

May 20th, 10:42 am

Ended up preordering regular version a day or two ago.

nunley33 said:

May 20th, 10:55 am

This game looks great,i’ll be getting it later for sure.

Souledge94 said:

May 20th, 11:08 am

Thank you for bringing this over and thanks for dubbing it sounds great.THe music also sounds awesome.I pre ordered the LE just waiting for it to come in.

Souledge94 said:

May 20th, 11:10 am

@34 To be honest bad dubs dont really pop up now and days in anime and video games.There are the rare few but its only a handfull.

jayyao19841114 said:

May 20th, 11:46 am

just received my collection today via usps
cant wait to play lol

mancub194 said:

May 20th, 12:27 pm

ohh…want this on my Vita please :)

DoombringerZero said:

May 20th, 12:51 pm

Thats really annoying,would have been nice to know about this digital collector’s edition last week when i preordered the digial version last week.

N7-XenoRoxas said:

May 20th, 1:13 pm

Release some Drakengard 3 avatars PLEASE! It’s been almost 2 months without new avatrs. :(

boomstickbhg said:

May 20th, 1:19 pm

I pre ordered the Digital version of this game.

Now I log into the store and see an 65$ (15 more) CE Digital version of the game that wasn’t available before and we had no warning something like this would happen.

Is there an option on the store to change/upgrade to the CE version for Digital? If not you really messed over your Digital customers by doing this. I would have happily paid the extra 15$ for Digital CE if we knew it was coming.

Instead I’ve got a normal copy and no way that I see to get the extras without paying another 65$

Please fix this. Although being SE, you’re never very good at working with customers.

Tanor_Hun said:

May 20th, 3:15 pm

Hi ! I buy standard edition and i not have the dlc, the ps store will have all the pre-order dlc avalibe ? thx

ThaWhiplash said:

May 20th, 3:28 pm

So I just redeemed my voucher and got all of my pre-order bonuses but I just saw that the Japanese Voice Pack is 9.8gbs?
What is the meaning of this? Is it the entire game just in Japanese voices? Not sure why I would want that.
Can anyone clarify?

cloud1425 said:

May 20th, 4:11 pm

I pre-ordered the PSN digital version of SquareEnix store and have yet to receive my game voucher codes. I received the DLC codes, but not the actual game itself. Any help? I noticed I’m not the only one in this scenario either. Pretty bummed I wasn’t able to play it on release day!

PAGE 1 2