PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Plus: Limbo Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on May 26, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

I’ll be honest with you, in general I won’t play creepy/horror games because I’m a total wuss and they give me nightmares. However, when Limbo came around I pushed past my fears and gave it a try, and I’m really glad I did. Yes, it gave me the heeby-jeebies, but it also took me on a really cool journey with interesting puzzles and extremely subtle storytelling. Despite its cartoon art style, Limbo nails a creepy atmosphere with its sound direction and limited color palette of black, white and shades of grey. You can download Limbo on PS Vita after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 5/27.

Another fun bonus for our Plus members this week is a Battlefield 4 timed trial which you can read more about here.

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Plus - Limbo

Limbo
Limbo (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Uncertain of his sister’s fate, a boy enters LIMBO.
Trial: Battlefield 4 (PS3)
Battlefield 4
PS3 owners with a PlayStation Plus membership in North America can experience DICE’s action shooter for free. A trial version of Battlefield 4 will be available for download starting tomorrow, May 27th, on the PlayStation Store. The free trial version contains the full Battlefield 4 base game and will be available for 20 hours from the first moment you boot up the game. To download, simply head to PlayStation Store, search for Battlefield 4, and locate the trial version.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Mind Zero (Vita) $27.19 $33.99
Master Reboot (PS3) $7.64 $14.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS4) $40.49 $59.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3) $33.74 $49.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS Vita) $20.24 $29.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 6/3)

Instant Game Collection
Stick It To the Man
RESOGUN
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
Little Big Planet Karting
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Single Player Mode

Discounts
Mind Zero
The LEGO Movie Videogame

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update, make sure to vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

165 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ryumoau on May 26th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

I have no interest in Limbo, but the day one discount on Mind Zero sounds interesting. Glad i held off on preordering the retail copy.

+ Deekman on May 26th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Any word if Mind = Zero will have a demo at launch?

+ Ryumoau on May 26th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Hope there will be more discounts on future japanese Vita games at launch. :)

+ PainOfSarrow on May 26th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

Limbo was a good game overall but very frustrating at points. still worth owning though.

+ MyrequeArk on May 26th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

2 PS4 Games and 3 PS3 Games leaving next week, we’re having 5 games replaced next week?

AMAZING.

I already have Limbo, not interested in sales either.

When are we gonna get the June Preview?

Thanks!

+ sabot37 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Pretty excited to see what’s going to replace those 5 games leaving the IGC….

+ digiboy123 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

5 games leaving, including everything for PS4. Sounds like a good month inbound for members

+ NX_Nytrux on May 26th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Nothing for me this week, again. Maybe Battlefield trial. See you.

+ fernandinhoabs on May 26th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

More discounts on PS4!!! :/

+ sicuro95 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

wish i had a vita :(

+ StealthReborn– on May 26th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Looking forward to seeing what new games will be switching out from the annual IGC rotation. I’m hoping to see you guys switch out some of the Vita ones too, but I guess we’ll see. ^_^

Two more weeks until E3, can’t wait! :D

*Hoping for a Fallout 4 announcement, we’re due!* :D

+ EvgeN-995 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

We want new staff for Ps4 with sty exiting… f.e COD or BF4 for free. We don’t want indi((((

+ Spidey817 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

Limbo is a really fun game, actually. I have it on the Vita.

+ stpfarms on May 26th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Look at all the titles leaving on June 3, should be a good June for new titles!

+ iREVOLTER on May 26th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Eeem really nothing this week for me.

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Kristine, I have a question I hope you are able to ask. I see that 2 yearly PS3 titles are being replaced next week but not all 3. What about the third one of XCOMM Enemy Unknown? Will it be staying as a yearly title or will it still be replaced as well? Thanks

+ BIGJDOGG-13 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

Don’t have a vita yet, but I’ll go ahead and put Limbo on my download list. That way when I do get one, I can can choose from the 5 different versions I have of it. PS3, 360, PC, iPad, and then VIta. Seriously, I love indie games as much as the next gamer, and Limbo is a great game, but maybe next time give the vita players a game that hasn’t been out for so long and appeared on so many other platforms. But in general great job with the ps plus service. I love it! May was a disappointing month for me besides The Puppeteer but hey they can’t all be winners every time in everyone’s book right?

+ juuichi-11 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Discount on Mind=Zero yay!!! Keep bringing us more Jap games for Vita yay!!! BTW, any chance we get J-Stars in North America?

+ Thermopyle2 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

When are we going to see some new persistent titles for the Vita IGC? We’re at 18 months for Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout 2048. In that time the PS3 titles have cycled out (12 months ago) and we’re about to get new titles there again already.

+ Neonridr on May 26th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

I was wondering when I was going to see Limbo for the Vita added to the Instant Game Collection. Looking forward to trying that one out.

+ dodgedoors on May 26th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

Thursday announcement can’t come soon enough, can’t wait to hear the news Kristine.

+ schreekuline on May 26th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

So are you guys not taking out XCOM then? That was a yearly title last June.

+ FlashDrivePrime on May 26th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Will Mind Zero get a demo does anyone know?

+ Mando44646 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

It looks like some of the more annualized IGC games are going away soon? What about Vita? Or are you guys going to ignore Vita yet again?

+ ABNJ on May 26th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Why the hell aren’t we getting new yearly Vita titles? This is total BS, I paid for this service with Vita in mind. I don’t even have a PS4, so it’s completely optional and I’m still being screwed over.

+ maxcoronel2014 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

Resogun finally leaving IGC? Maybe well start gatting 2 games per month on PS4? That would be awesome.

+ Mando44646 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

Also, so sales again this week? The Vita IGC continues to suck majorly. I can only hope Sony actually tries for the Vita next month

+ zeenick on May 26th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

No Memorial Day sale? Bummer

+ hazelcabug on May 26th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Any update when are they gonna replace the uncharted, gravity rush wipe out on ps plus vita IGC?

+ Drew_Croft on May 26th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Three terrible weeks in a row.

+ snakeeyes211 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

I think we’re going to get 2 PlayStation 4 games for the instinct collection this month

+ dodgedoors on May 26th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

I’m sure they are being pressured to supply 2 a month because that other company is now supplying a competing service with 2 a month.

+ Fardeenah on May 26th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

limbo is a good game, i love it. after being for free on EU plus glad its here, i just hope vita users get better games in june, these past months games has been of a very questionable quality. some big titles would be nice like littlebigplanet vita or ac liberation or even persona 4 golden

+ Rootboi_Root on May 26th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

The Pre-Order Bonus (Bruce Lee) for EA Sports UFC on PS4 was removed from the description of the game, is there any way to find out why, or if the pre order bonus will comeback/is still applicable?

P.s. really excited for the announcement of next months Plus titles, as well as E3!

+ megavanman on May 26th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

5 games getting removed this month, june is going to b a sick month. Preview coming im guessing knack will b free n a few others. Also im thinking there going to add addition games to igc at e3 to compete with microsoft games with gold which is a win for us. 4800 trophies these nxt few awesome months will deff make it yo 5 k thanks sony.

+ Macabro on May 26th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Three horrible weeks in a row. At least giveus a flash sale this weekend. Those are generally pretty good.

+ AmericanNinja1 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Is the Battlefield trial for PS4 as well?

+ megavanman on May 26th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Steimer, out of all of the ps exclusives this year which one are you looking forward to the most. Mines gotta be the order. Also gas gameovergreggy ever told you to use the steimer recliner haha old school wrestling reference haha

+ Ryumoau on May 26th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

wow…i just noticed the 5 games leaving. i usually ignore the leaving IGC thing, but this is interesting. I know there isn’t many ps4 games to choose from, but i’d really like either Assasin’s Creed Black Flag or Dynasty Warriors 8 complete as the free ps4 title. For Vita, either of the digital only jrpgs like Atelier Meruru.

I have so many ps3 games already that its hard to imagine them picking something i haven’t already played. i’m hoping they start giving us digital only games like Saint Seiya free, since i rarely buy games that are digital and overpriced.

+ IVANBARROK on May 26th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

and XCOM?????

+ eggmiester28 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

I am a little disappointed that the month may was very lackluster, heres hoping that june will be better.

+ Nazotchi on May 26th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

Glad to see Mind Zero on sale, but man has this been a boring month for Playstation Plus.

Puppeteer and Skullgirls were the only interesting things in the IGC, but Puppeteer was just recently on sale before this, and most people who wanted Skullgirls already owned it.

+ DarkHowl on May 26th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

Hmmmm… Resogun is going. So a new PS4 yearly IGC title at E3? Here’s hoping that it’s a game on par with, or better than, Resogun. :) Curious as to why Xcom isn’t leaving though.

Going to echo some of the others here: Roll out changes on the Vita IGC please. Or at least Gravity Rush and Wipeout. These games have had plenty of time out in the sun and it’s time for a fresh change. There certainly isn’t a lack of quality first party games on Vita. Tearaway or Killzone Mercenaries are perfect candidates for PS+ as they are top titles that show off the Vita’s capabilities.

As for this week’s PS+, nothing for me. Sales haven’t been all that great since the Golden Week and Flash sales. Hope to see a quality comeback come E3 time.

+ ezeka_matthew on May 26th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

Limbo is a great game, but I don’t think I know a friend who hasn’t played it. Heck, I’ve played it through three times. Games that are this widely popular are sometimes disappointing. I would guess that a lot of people put it in their download list, but very few actually download it and play for the first time.

+ PanaderoJarcor on May 26th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

Pretty excited about thisss!!!! We want awesome games this month.

+ TeamGreen615 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

I remember paying $5 to rent a game for two nights back in the 90s. It’s a shame that some people don’t understand how much better the options are today when it comes to experiencing games. I bought my PS+ membership for $30 on Black Friday so times are good right now. Thanks PS+, maybe Limbo will surprise me just like Thomas Was Alone.

+ Clocktowe015 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

Wow these Sales suck :p

+ charleschannels on May 26th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Nothing interesting for PS4 users u.u We need more games and discounts.

+ Carpediem139 on May 26th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Was really hoping for better sales this week or for a Memorial day Flash Sale :(

+ Clocktowe015 on May 26th, 2014 at 9:00 am said: