PS4 - Transistor

Exploring Weapon Spirits in Sacred 3 on PS3

Ryan Avery's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Avery on May 27, 2014 // // Deep Silver

Sacred 3 will introduce Weapon Spirits to the world of Ancaria. These are more than just weapon modifies — they’ll help the player to level their heroes and make their equipped weapons deadlier than ever. These mysterious spirits (some of which are based on characters from older Sacred games) come in all shapes and sizes, with many different powers to make for the perfect companion during the player’s battle through Ancaria. Weapon Spirits will enable players to increase critical hit rates, hamper enemy movement, regain health, provide essential support attributes as well as a multitude of other unique perks.

Let me jump quickly into an example of how these Weapon Spirits will specifically work in the game. One of the first Weapon Spirits that players will encounter is the Battle Mage. Using him, you’ll get less energy from orbs (found across Ancaria, containing health or energy to do special attacks) but you also have a 20% chance to trigger a Chain Lightning effect that hits four additional enemies for half your normal damage. What better way to wipe waves of enemies quickly?

Another way of effectively using Weapon Spirits is by building your co-op team and combine their abilities. A good combination is using the Possessed Human alongside the Dragon (Yes, a dragon’s weapon spirit can be found in the game, you might even come across a drunk vampire!).

Sacred 3Sacred 3

The Dragon can create an energy shield during some attacks, but regular attacks cost energy. If another player has the Possessed Human equipped and picks up energy orbs, the spirit will actually give more energy to team members but less so to himself. Both can make for an incredibly strong support character (like the long-range Khukuri) helping an attack character (such as a Seraphim) to stay in battle longer with an often present shield and without totally depleting their energy.

Weapon Spirits can be leveled individually, and their powers can be leveraged by a single player or the entire team, offline and online, throughout the entire game. They create a whole new level of depth and character customization in the Sacred universe that we really hope all of our fans will enjoy.

Pre-order Sacred 3 now and receive the exclusive weapon spirit Z4ngr13f, a former Sacred-player that got sucked into the world of Ancaria, for free!

+ italodancemp3 on May 27th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Sometimes I really don’t understand when we have a Vita,what’s the point of games on PS3?! PS3 is out of consoles now and Vita is instead.

so better bring games to PS1 and PS2 as well,right! Why not?

+ dogbert784 on May 27th, 2014 at 7:57 am said:

@#1 What are you talking about? The PS3 is still very much alive. Plus, Publishers/Developers can put their games on whatever platforms they want.

+ time346 on May 27th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Really looking forward to it! Enjoyed Sacred 2 alot. Here’s hoping the trophy list is a bit easier on us this time. Thanks Ryan!

Ryan Avery's Avatar

+ Ryan Avery on May 27th, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

We’ll see what we can do to pad your trophy count.

+ stlthriot on May 27th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Looks fantastic!
Only wish there was a PS4 version to make those visuals even more amazing :D

+ klassymike on May 27th, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

People that only own a Vita only wished the PS3 was dead. All in hopes of better games being made for their handheld!

+ TheRealBushkill on May 27th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Looks awesome!
And it would have been a purchase if on PS4!

+ Mando44646 on May 27th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

any chance of releasing on Vita? I’d kill for a game like this on it.

+ Ryumoau on May 27th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

never played any of the previous games but this looks interesting. Wish you had posted a release date and price though.

Ryan Avery's Avatar

+ Ryan Avery on May 27th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

August 5th in North America at $49.99!

+ Ryumoau on May 27th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

i see, thanks.

+ DragonusFirus on May 27th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Awesome, been waiting for this game since I first read about it few months ago…

“Pre-order Sacred 3 now …” – where? Is it on (or going to be on) PS Store? Can you give us more details on the pre-order bit? Thanks!

+ luvtoseek on May 27th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

I’m such a fan of team-based loot rpgs w/ a giod story! Thanks for the post Ryan!

+ tusunami on May 27th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

I haven’t played any of the games in this series maybe at some point I will get around to it.

+ DanKuuga on May 27th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

I’m the One forever
All that really matters
Blessed Realm
This world is SACRED!
War! It’s now or never
We shall stand together
One by one,
This world is SACRED!

+ The_Bunn on May 27th, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

I really enjoyed the first sacred. The ability to get totally sidetracked and end up in the “wrong place” is amazing.
Then came the second one, with the enemy levels scaling up with the players. suddenly leveling up was useless, since I was making the enemies stronger. And going to a high level place to scary adventures was useless, since there was no such thing anymore.

How is this one?

+ SeanStrange on May 27th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

I really didn’t like the second game. Will try out the third game though! Hopefully it’ll blow my doubts out of the water!

+ Rezolution77 on May 27th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

Should have been CrossBuy.

Would save the arguing above.
Neither the PS3 or the Vita is dead yet,**** the PSP would still be owned, if I had not wanted duel thumbsticks and he joystick didn’t break.

+ Rezolution77 on May 27th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

Ouch and at 50 bucks.
Should be madatory.

+ lemmingwarrior on May 27th, 2014 at 12:59 pm said:

love the first two games this well be a nice game to keep my ps3 alive

+ JKar275 on May 27th, 2014 at 1:52 pm said:

Many of us PS3 owners are not at all familiar with the Sacred series of games.

Many of us will not spend hard-earned money on a video game until we’ve had the chance to try it out & see if we like it or not.

Therefore, will there be a Timed Trial (1 hour or longer) of Sacred 3 for PS Plus members?

Will there be a demo/free trial of Sacred 3 made available for all PS3 owners?

+ PhoenixDowny on May 27th, 2014 at 2:09 pm said:

@Ryan Avery OMG! Developers please stop ignoring the PS Vita. I don’t agree with the folks who saying that the PS3 is dead. Neither the PS Vita nor the PS3 are dead. The PS Vita has an enthusiastic fanbase and video game developers need to stop overlooking the PS Vita. The PS Vita is a powerful handheld console that deserves more love. Please bring “Sacred 3″ over to the PS Vita just as Ubisoft is bringing “Child of Light” to the PS Vita.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on May 27th, 2014 at 8:32 pm said:

I didn’t like Sacred 1&2, but I hope this one will be nice. I would love a demo to try it first. I’m a big fan of the genre but disliked almost all dungeon crawler after the perfect gem that was Champions of Norrath on PS2 (at least for me haha). I can’t wait to play another game like Champions. If this game is as good, I’ll wait a bit longer to buy my PS4 haha. Please, a demo is needed for me.

+ TheHerbinator75 on May 28th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

I played Sacred 2 a couple of years ago but ended up giving up on it due to how glitched the PS3 version was even after a couple of patches. There was a good game underneath all of the broken play mechanics and glitches so hopefully Sacred 3 will turn out to be the game that I had hoped the part 2 was. It seems likes they might have done it with the 3rd entry and the 49.99 price point is cool as well unless there’s some nefarious DLC plans to make people pay for stuff that should have been included in the game from the outset. I hope that won’t be the case.

+ Einhander138 on May 28th, 2014 at 5:30 pm said:

How about giving us a substantial pre-order bonus, like a soundtrack, instead of content that has been cut from the game?

All pre-order content like this does is make me want to buy it used, because we’re not getting the full game.

+ CommandingTiger on May 29th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

I like this franchise more than Diablo 3.
Awesome pick up game.