God of War

May 28

May 28

Watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference in Movie Theaters Nationwide

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Why watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference on a puny browser window when you can see it on the silver screen? On June 9th, we’re inviting PlayStation fans in the US and Canada to experience the E3 press conference in a new way — live, on a massive screen in more than 40 movie theaters.

Join us and host Geoff Keighley for the PlayStation E3 Experience, featuring an HD simulcast of the PlayStation E3 Press Conference. Attendees will also see 30 minutes of extra content, including exclusive extended game footage and interviews with the world’s biggest game developers. And hey, if you show up, we might even cough up a few surprise gifts.

Best of all, it’s free. Space is limited, so make sure to register for the event soon here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

If you don’t live near one of the fine cinemas listed below, never fear: You’ll be able to watch all the gaiety from your computer or smart phone right here on PlayStation.Blog (or PlayStation.com and Ustream.tv/playstation).

Read on for more details, including a full list of theaters where the event will take place.

PlayStation E3 Experience – The TL;DR Version

• When: Monday June 9th at 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT (show starts at 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT)
  • Where: 40-50 theaters across US and Canada
  • What: Watching the PlayStation Press Conference LIVE in HD from the comfort of a movie theater with other PlayStation fans. Event features 30 minutes of exclusive content, including extended game footage and developer interviews. Plus surprise giveaways!
  • RSVP: Free to attend, but space is limited. RSVP here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

Locations

ST CITY THEATRE NAME
AK Anchorage Cinemark Anchorage 16 with XD
AL Birmingham Regal Trussville 16
AZ Phoenix AMC Ahwatukee 24
BC Vancouver Cineplex Cineplex Odeon International Village (Tinseltown)
CA Los Angeles AMC Century City 15 with IMAX
VA Virginia Beach AMC Lynnhaven 18 with IMAX
WA Seattle AMC Pacific Place 11

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7

MastrGT said:

May 28th, 11:39 am

Thank you for adding the Canadian locations! That’s great! I will attend the Toronto Cineplex location.

wjang said:

May 28th, 11:40 am

I wonder what the surprise will be? Probably psn gift cards or something. I really hope it’s playstation now beta codes.

avatarguy said:

May 28th, 11:41 am

Western Canadian movie theaters*

FunkyTable said:

May 28th, 11:42 am

Wow, this is very exciting. Thanks for showing San Antonio some love.

CASTERTROY said:

May 28th, 11:42 am

I will be attending the theater in philadelphia, pa…Sony must have megatons to announce

PunkXXII said:

May 28th, 11:42 am

Denver for me and the Mrs.!

Dracont said:

May 28th, 11:43 am

Come on Sony Where is Puerto Rico?! is not fair!

Adramalech said:

May 28th, 11:43 am

Why you no Edmonton? :(

blakseed said:

May 28th, 11:44 am

Dang, only one city is showing where I’m from and it’s too far away. I don’t know why some folks in Canada are complaining. At least they have options.

goldenknight01 said:

May 28th, 11:45 am

I hate myself now. I’m only a few months away to become 17 and I can’t go (at least by myself). Please tell me that you can bring a parent with you to go to this event. If I can’t period, then i’ll watch it live online, but i would still be furious while watching.

abellwillring said:

May 28th, 11:46 am

No Austin seems like a really strange decision.

Solidmgsnake said:

May 28th, 11:46 am

Metal Gear Solid trailer on the big screen?!??! YES YESS !

Rockefellow said:

May 28th, 11:48 am

Sony always seems to skip out on Michigan. I’m not sure if they’re afraid of Detroit or something, but there are some incredible cinemas and theaters in the suburbs and neighboring cities that would surely draw full crowds in for an event like this. It’s a shame that their presence isn’t more widespread in general– the appreciation from fans would be astronomical, especially the ones who sink thousands of dollars on PlayStation brand each year and tout the name like a religion to friends.

Just another year of watching it with friends at home, I suppose. It’s always a great time, a big party with all the junk food and beverages we can handle and a monstrous stack of video games to play during intermissions (on a gorgeous 60″ Bravia), but I can’t help but feel disappointed.

I’m still looking forward to the event, even if my excitement I’d dampened by this news. At least Nintendo Wil be coming out to us to show off the new Smash Bros. Maybe next year we’ll find a higher level of consideration.

Knock us out this year, Sony!

the-machine-24 said:

May 28th, 11:48 am

Hi Sid, will there be a live stream (+ afterwards on demand) available on PS4 (specifically for Europe)? Maybe through the PS Store or via “Live from PlayStation”? …or just a website optimized for the PS4 web browser would actually suffice. Thanks!

mknightstalkerx said:

May 28th, 11:49 am

Boooo. Nothing for, Erie pa. :(

experimental_jet said:

May 28th, 11:49 am

NICE! I’ll be there for the ABQ show… Hopefully this means the conference is an EPIC one :)

CojueloDevill said:

May 28th, 11:52 am

The NY is already full and no option to join a wait list is a shade I’m dying to go a represent Sony

Hayterfan said:

May 28th, 11:53 am

Awesome, but the one closest to me is like a 45 minute drive (probably close to an hour with traffic thrown in) so it would just be easier for me to catch it at home.
Although speaking of E3 will Spike’s E3 coverage be on the live event viewer? Id like to catch all the conferences thru that rather then trying to catch them on different streams

CojueloDevill said:

May 28th, 11:53 am

Shame

redhawk44109 said:

May 28th, 11:54 am

shame it won’t be in cleveland OH otherwise i’d go in a heartbeat :( anyway grew up playing playstation and other older consoles still have my first one just a question will anyone who can’t make it to the event be getting any bonuses like the people who lives close to the theaters or different items?

Dracont said:

May 28th, 11:54 am

make this or something similar on an app through the ps4 whould be easy and fair for everyone, come on sony!

Threefiddyz said:

May 28th, 11:56 am

I CANNOT believe Columbia SC got this. This stuff NEVER happens in SC, EVER.

CojueloDevill said:

May 28th, 11:56 am

That would be awesome to get it on the PS4

PineappleSemtex said:

May 28th, 12:02 pm

Miami, Florida. I’m down. I am so ready to feel the E3 hype. Best time of year besides Christmas.

TinyHunt said:

May 28th, 12:03 pm

Can’t wait too see the fellow PS Phans in Boston.

TheGranArcanum said:

May 28th, 12:03 pm

Just registered!
Can’t wait to see the press conference live!

ZeeGeeEmm said:

May 28th, 12:04 pm

If it wasn’t a two-hour drive through the desert, I’d go to Phoenix for this. But my sister works that Monday so we wouldn’t have time to make it. What a bummer!

TYLERxDURDEN said:

May 28th, 12:05 pm

I’m trying to RSVP but no events are showing….

Is it really completely sold out nationwide already?

AizawaYuuichi said:

May 28th, 12:07 pm

Wow, I can’t believe there’s one right by my workplace. Now I just have to figure out how I can either get that day off, or shift my work schedule on Monday so I can attend. This would be flipping awesome to watch on the big screen. Way to go, Sony.

Thwip said:

May 28th, 12:08 pm

Murphy’s Law, there is an event in Vancouver, and I’m out of town on business in Edmonton. I’ll still be watching online.

psvitabeast said:

May 28th, 12:09 pm

Way to make it on finals week! I can’t travel all the way to NYC on a Monday night:(

lisatsunami said:

May 28th, 12:09 pm

Huh, you all must be thinking this E3 will be epic to go through all this. I sincerely hope you’re right!

fifthcore said:

May 28th, 12:10 pm

It’s already sold out on in Los Angeles! Really? Guess I’m not going.

Naustradamus said:

May 28th, 12:13 pm

Nooo!!!!!!
No theater showings where I live =(

The theater idea is a awesome idea. I’ve only watched the conference with friends a few time in the past, but I enjoyed the “Community event” part of it, how we reacted to all the reveals, etc.

Oh well.

Since it will be streamed on youtube, will it also be showing in the ustream list on PS4?
One more, for PS3, any chance it’ll be viewable for free on the live event viewer? Conference stream from browser as well as in PS home were always … lack luster quality. The live event viewer could probably give us a better experience

diablo103 said:

May 28th, 12:19 pm

wow I’m really annoyed. I would have gladly ventured into NYC from New Jersey but its already sold out :( There really should have been more theaters for metro areas. this blows.

KromE2k3 said:

May 28th, 12:19 pm

Damn the waiting list!! I hope I do get at least 1 ticket

reverendnja said:

May 28th, 12:24 pm

Thank you so much for bringing this to Alaska! This theater is only about ten minutes away, and I just scored two tickets!

backbreaker65 said:

May 28th, 12:25 pm

Got my confirmation Santa Monica, CA. Yes, thanks for doing this Sony.

hapologtz said:

May 28th, 12:27 pm

Have you guys considered Mexican theaters??? In the Capital there would be a lot of people who would like it (myself included).

dllscowboysfan said:

May 28th, 12:28 pm

Registered for the SLC, ut location.

xDemon87x said:

May 28th, 12:31 pm

the los angeles one already sold out !! i wanted to go…

AmericanNinja1 said:

May 28th, 12:31 pm

No MI? :(

TAVOBLACKWALLIN said:

May 28th, 12:34 pm

sold out in LA but got on waitlist guess its first come first serve gonna get there early

raidenraccoon said:

May 28th, 12:35 pm

Can’t wait! Registered my brother and I for the event in Oklahoma City. Going to wear my Playstation cap :D Tempted to buy a PS or PS Game themed shirt to wear as well…

NauseousPenguin said:

May 28th, 12:36 pm

I can’t RSVP; the site thinks I’m under 17 years of age despite that I just turned that age earlier this month. What can I do about this?

Madden666 said:

May 28th, 12:36 pm

Guess us Iowa corn farmers arnt enough of a market for gaming related media D:

zeothedeathgod said:

May 28th, 12:36 pm

Going to go for Orlando. Driving 3 hours to get there so hopefully its worth it! :)

Kino321-X said:

May 28th, 12:38 pm

I’m 17 years old but the site’s preventing me from registering. It clearly says “17 years of age or older”. I was really looking forward to this :(

Please reply!

komentra said:

May 28th, 12:38 pm

Thanks Sony for doing one event in Oklahoma. Our state seems to get shafted a lot by a lot of events.

TimeSkipLuffyUS said:

May 28th, 12:40 pm

I wonder if we see any big exclusive title for the PS4 in 2014 besides DriveClub? Sony seems to put all their effort into VR, PS Now and their financial problems that they forget about games! Exclusive games makes a console unique and worth buying it on release. I really hope we don’t see endless indie titles again. Games that are published on the competitor’s console as well does not make me feel happy about buying the PS4 instead…

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7