Driveclub

Watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference in Movie Theaters Nationwide

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on May 28, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Why watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference on a puny browser window when you can see it on the silver screen? On June 9th, we’re inviting PlayStation fans in the US and Canada to experience the E3 press conference in a new way — live, on a massive screen in more than 40 movie theaters.

Join us and host Geoff Keighley for the PlayStation E3 Experience, featuring an HD simulcast of the PlayStation E3 Press Conference. Attendees will also see 30 minutes of extra content, including exclusive extended game footage and interviews with the world’s biggest game developers. And hey, if you show up, we might even cough up a few surprise gifts.

Best of all, it’s free. Space is limited, so make sure to register for the event soon here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

If you don’t live near one of the fine cinemas listed below, never fear: You’ll be able to watch all the gaiety from your computer or smart phone right here on PlayStation.Blog (or PlayStation.com and Ustream.tv/playstation).

Read on for more details, including a full list of theaters where the event will take place.

PlayStation E3 Experience – The TL;DR Version

• When: Monday June 9th at 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT (show starts at 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT)
  • Where: 40-50 theaters across US and Canada
  • What: Watching the PlayStation Press Conference LIVE in HD from the comfort of a movie theater with other PlayStation fans. Event features 30 minutes of exclusive content, including extended game footage and developer interviews. Plus surprise giveaways!
  • RSVP: Free to attend, but space is limited. RSVP here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

Locations

ST CITY THEATRE NAME
AK Anchorage Cinemark Anchorage 16 with XD
AL Birmingham Regal Trussville 16
AZ Phoenix AMC Ahwatukee 24
BC Vancouver Cineplex Cineplex Odeon International Village (Tinseltown)
CA Los Angeles AMC Century City 15 with IMAX
TX Dallas Regal Galaxy Theatre
UT Salt Lake City Cinemark Salt Lake City 16
VA Virginia Beach AMC Lynnhaven 18 with IMAX
WA Seattle AMC Pacific Place 11

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7

+ MastrGT on May 28th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Thank you for adding the Canadian locations! That’s great! I will attend the Toronto Cineplex location.

+ wjang on May 28th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

I wonder what the surprise will be? Probably psn gift cards or something. I really hope it’s playstation now beta codes.

+ avatarguy on May 28th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Western Canadian movie theaters*

+ FunkyTable on May 28th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Wow, this is very exciting. Thanks for showing San Antonio some love.

+ CASTERTROY on May 28th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

I will be attending the theater in philadelphia, pa…Sony must have megatons to announce

+ PunkXXII on May 28th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Denver for me and the Mrs.!

+ Dracont on May 28th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

Come on Sony Where is Puerto Rico?! is not fair!

+ Adramalech on May 28th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

Why you no Edmonton? :(

+ blakseed on May 28th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

Dang, only one city is showing where I’m from and it’s too far away. I don’t know why some folks in Canada are complaining. At least they have options.

+ goldenknight01 on May 28th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

I hate myself now. I’m only a few months away to become 17 and I can’t go (at least by myself). Please tell me that you can bring a parent with you to go to this event. If I can’t period, then i’ll watch it live online, but i would still be furious while watching.

+ abellwillring on May 28th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

No Austin seems like a really strange decision.

+ Solidmgsnake on May 28th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

Metal Gear Solid trailer on the big screen?!??! YES YESS !

+ Rockefellow on May 28th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

Sony always seems to skip out on Michigan. I’m not sure if they’re afraid of Detroit or something, but there are some incredible cinemas and theaters in the suburbs and neighboring cities that would surely draw full crowds in for an event like this. It’s a shame that their presence isn’t more widespread in general– the appreciation from fans would be astronomical, especially the ones who sink thousands of dollars on PlayStation brand each year and tout the name like a religion to friends.

Just another year of watching it with friends at home, I suppose. It’s always a great time, a big party with all the junk food and beverages we can handle and a monstrous stack of video games to play during intermissions (on a gorgeous 60″ Bravia), but I can’t help but feel disappointed.

I’m still looking forward to the event, even if my excitement I’d dampened by this news. At least Nintendo Wil be coming out to us to show off the new Smash Bros. Maybe next year we’ll find a higher level of consideration.

Knock us out this year, Sony!

+ the-machine-24 on May 28th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

Hi Sid, will there be a live stream (+ afterwards on demand) available on PS4 (specifically for Europe)? Maybe through the PS Store or via “Live from PlayStation”? …or just a website optimized for the PS4 web browser would actually suffice. Thanks!

+ mknightstalkerx on May 28th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

Boooo. Nothing for, Erie pa. :(

+ experimental_jet on May 28th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

NICE! I’ll be there for the ABQ show… Hopefully this means the conference is an EPIC one :)

+ CojueloDevill on May 28th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

The NY is already full and no option to join a wait list is a shade I’m dying to go a represent Sony

+ Hayterfan on May 28th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Awesome, but the one closest to me is like a 45 minute drive (probably close to an hour with traffic thrown in) so it would just be easier for me to catch it at home.
Although speaking of E3 will Spike’s E3 coverage be on the live event viewer? Id like to catch all the conferences thru that rather then trying to catch them on different streams

+ CojueloDevill on May 28th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Shame

+ redhawk44109 on May 28th, 2014 at 11:54 am said:

shame it won’t be in cleveland OH otherwise i’d go in a heartbeat :( anyway grew up playing playstation and other older consoles still have my first one just a question will anyone who can’t make it to the event be getting any bonuses like the people who lives close to the theaters or different items?

+ Dracont on May 28th, 2014 at 11:54 am said:

make this or something similar on an app through the ps4 whould be easy and fair for everyone, come on sony!

+ Threefiddyz on May 28th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

I CANNOT believe Columbia SC got this. This stuff NEVER happens in SC, EVER.

+ CojueloDevill on May 28th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

That would be awesome to get it on the PS4

+ PineappleSemtex on May 28th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

Miami, Florida. I’m down. I am so ready to feel the E3 hype. Best time of year besides Christmas.

+ TinyHunt on May 28th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

Can’t wait too see the fellow PS Phans in Boston.

+ TheGranArcanum on May 28th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

Just registered!
Can’t wait to see the press conference live!

+ ZeeGeeEmm on May 28th, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

If it wasn’t a two-hour drive through the desert, I’d go to Phoenix for this. But my sister works that Monday so we wouldn’t have time to make it. What a bummer!

+ TYLERxDURDEN on May 28th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

I’m trying to RSVP but no events are showing….

Is it really completely sold out nationwide already?

+ AizawaYuuichi on May 28th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Wow, I can’t believe there’s one right by my workplace. Now I just have to figure out how I can either get that day off, or shift my work schedule on Monday so I can attend. This would be flipping awesome to watch on the big screen. Way to go, Sony.

+ Thwip on May 28th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

Murphy’s Law, there is an event in Vancouver, and I’m out of town on business in Edmonton. I’ll still be watching online.

+ psvitabeast on May 28th, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

Way to make it on finals week! I can’t travel all the way to NYC on a Monday night:(

+ lisatsunami on May 28th, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

Huh, you all must be thinking this E3 will be epic to go through all this. I sincerely hope you’re right!

+ fifthcore on May 28th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

It’s already sold out on in Los Angeles! Really? Guess I’m not going.

+ Naustradamus on May 28th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Nooo!!!!!!
No theater showings where I live =(

The theater idea is a awesome idea. I’ve only watched the conference with friends a few time in the past, but I enjoyed the “Community event” part of it, how we reacted to all the reveals, etc.

Oh well.

Since it will be streamed on youtube, will it also be showing in the ustream list on PS4?
One more, for PS3, any chance it’ll be viewable for free on the live event viewer? Conference stream from browser as well as in PS home were always … lack luster quality. The live event viewer could probably give us a better experience

+ diablo103 on May 28th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

wow I’m really annoyed. I would have gladly ventured into NYC from New Jersey but its already sold out :( There really should have been more theaters for metro areas. this blows.

+ KromE2k3 on May 28th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Damn the waiting list!! I hope I do get at least 1 ticket

+ reverendnja on May 28th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

Thank you so much for bringing this to Alaska! This theater is only about ten minutes away, and I just scored two tickets!

+ backbreaker65 on May 28th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

Got my confirmation Santa Monica, CA. Yes, thanks for doing this Sony.

+ hapologtz on May 28th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

Have you guys considered Mexican theaters??? In the Capital there would be a lot of people who would like it (myself included).

+ dllscowboysfan on May 28th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

Registered for the SLC, ut location.

+ xDemon87x on May 28th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

the los angeles one already sold out !! i wanted to go…

+ AmericanNinja1 on May 28th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

No MI? :(

+ TAVOBLACKWALLIN on May 28th, 2014 at 12:34 pm said:

sold out in LA but got on waitlist guess its first come first serve gonna get there early

+ raidenraccoon on May 28th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

Can’t wait! Registered my brother and I for the event in Oklahoma City. Going to wear my Playstation cap :D Tempted to buy a PS or PS Game themed shirt to wear as well…

+ NauseousPenguin on May 28th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

I can’t RSVP; the site thinks I’m under 17 years of age despite that I just turned that age earlier this month. What can I do about this?

+ Madden666 on May 28th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

Guess us Iowa corn farmers arnt enough of a market for gaming related media D:

+ zeothedeathgod on May 28th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

Going to go for Orlando. Driving 3 hours to get there so hopefully its worth it! :)

+ Kino321-X on May 28th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

I’m 17 years old but the site’s preventing me from registering. It clearly says “17 years of age or older”. I was really looking forward to this :(

Please reply!

+ komentra on May 28th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

Thanks Sony for doing one event in Oklahoma. Our state seems to get shafted a lot by a lot of events.

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on May 28th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

I wonder if we see any big exclusive title for the PS4 in 2014 besides DriveClub? Sony seems to put all their effort into VR, PS Now and their financial problems that they forget about games! Exclusive games makes a console unique and worth buying it on release. I really hope we don’t see endless indie titles again. Games that are published on the competitor’s console as well does not make me feel happy about buying the PS4 instead…

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7