PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus – 2 Titles Per Month for PS4, PS3, PS Vita

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on May 29, 2014 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Next month, PlayStation Plus will reach its 4th year milestone. PS Plus has evolved a lot as a membership since then. We’ve provided our PS Plus members with numerous exclusive discounts, access to betas, demos and even select games early, and of course,free games to play through our Instant Game Collection. As our members have grown with us from our introduction on PS3, PS Vita and now PS4, together we have built a strong community of gamers around the world.

The excitement around PlayStation 4 has been tremendous, and it has been exciting to see how quickly our dedicated community has rallied around the system, adopting and engaging with its features and spreading the word about what makes PS4 the best console available. PlayStation Plus has been an essential part of PlayStation 4, providing access to next-gen online multiplayer and a steady stream of great games including Resogun, Outlast, Don’t Starve and Mercenary Kings. Since we are always looking to continue evolving PS Plus to be a service that really serves our community, we are excited to provide a more balanced set of games introduced each month with PS Plus. As you’ll see below, starting in June, members will have access to two titles per month for each of our platforms.

Since we’ve seen how excited many of you are to download Instant Game Collection titles as soon as they’re available, we’ve decided to adjust the length of time each title will be available. Starting in July, every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available the first Tuesday of the month, and will be free for the month, until the first Tuesday of the following month, taking the guesswork out of how long the game will be available for free. In the coming weeks, you’ll see that several of the titles that have had a nice, long stint in the Instant Game Collection will be phased out, so if you’re new to the service and haven’t had a chance to download all of the titles available through PS Plus — or if you’ve been thinking about subscribing but haven’t yet — now is the perfect time to get all the great games available with PS Plus.

Protip: you don’t have to download the game to your hard drive (or memory card) to gain the entitlement — you can also go to the web store, add them to your cart and check out. Once the game says “Purchased” below it when you’re logged in, you’ll be set for the future as long as you’re a PS Plus member.

Members have a lot to look forward to in the coming months, including the Destiny multiplayer beta (for members who have pre-ordered the game), Driveclub PS Plus Edition, Secret Ponchos and more.

Now – Matthew Harper from our Community Team is here to tell you all about June’s lineup! Take it away, Matt:

Plus - Trine 2

Okay, now that you’re all up to speed with PlayStation Plus, let’s go over the games you’ll get this month. Buddy up, because your two PS4 games are best when experienced with a friend (or two). Trine 2: Complete Story is a puzzle platformer set in a gorgeous fantasy world, where you’ll switch between heroes (a thief, warrior and mage) to complete your journey. Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate merges the campaigns of Pixlejunk Shooter 1 and 2 and wraps them up in fancier visuals, plus some extra perks like cross-play and cross-save.

On PS3, Plus members get NBA 2K14 — just in time for the NBA finals. The latest in the franchise features a new Path to Greatness starring the reigning NBA champion LeBron James. Sly Cooper and pals are back in Thieves of Time — since it’s a cross-buy title, Plus members will get both the PS3 and Vita versions next month.

Finally, PS Vita owners get Terraria and Mutant Mudds Deluxe. Terraria is a procedurally generated sandbox game where you’ll build crazy structures and fight insane boss monsters, while Mutant Mudds Deluxe is a spin on the traditional 2D platformers of years past – they’ve got the art style and chiptune tracks down, but you can also hop into a third dimension with a nifty jetpack. Jetpacks are cool.

Watch the video below to see June’s lineup in action.

June PlayStation Plus Preview

Trine 2

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4)
Free for PS Plus members

Trine 2: Complete Story is a beautiful, award-winning sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. Play as the three Heroes – Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief – and join their adventure through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic wicked goblins and their evil plan and a magical environment full of wonder.

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4)
Free for PS Plus members

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is a twin-stick shooter with equal elements of action, exploration and puzzle solving. Saving scientists and uncovering the mysteries of an ill-fated research trip requires you to study and manipulate your environment. Blast and dig through rock and ice, unleashing floods of water, lava, gas, magnetic oil and even deadly stomach acid, all powered by an advanced fluid mechanics simulation.

NBA 2k14

NBA 2K14 (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members

NBA 2K13 was a monstrous release for the world’s 1 NBA video game franchise, with more than 38 Sports Game of the Year and ‘Best Of’ mentions. NBA 2K14 will raise the bar yet again, providing the best basketball gaming experience for legions of sports fans and gamers around the world.

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members

The pages of the Thievius Raccoonus are disappearing and now Sly and The Gang must get back together to save the Cooper Clan legacy from being destroyed forever! Travel through time, meeting and playing as Sly’s ancestors as you race to recover the past to save their future.

Terraria

Terraria (PS Vita)
Free for PS Plus members

DIG, FIGHT, EXPLORE, BUILD! Nothing is impossible in the special edition version of this action-packed sandbox adventure! Over a dozen environments and hundreds of items to craft and enemies to defeat! The world is your canvas – make it your own.

Mutant Mudds

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (PS Vita)
Free for PS Plus members

Love pixels? Fond of platformers? Is there a special place in your heart for the 8-bit and 16-bit era? Want to have fun? Yes!? Well, you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Mutant Mudds Deluxe is a “12-bit” action platformer full of pixels and platforming fun! Our hero, Max, may be just a 2D sprite, but he can leap into the third dimension by jetting between the background and the foreground playfields with his trusty jetpack in this unique dimensionally-woven experience.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 14

+ DarkHowl on May 29th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

Not entirely thrilled with the PS4 offerings as Trine 2 has been on PS+ before, but it’ll be nice to stroll through the game with the new DLC. Otherwise, great month! :)

Are we still getting yearly titles on PS3/Vita or are those gone?

+ oooaznkid on May 29th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

Disappointing that we’re LOOSING a PS3 game. We’ve always had three a month. Now we’re down to 2? What gives!

+ TYruler50 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

Wait, i thought we were gonna stop putting games that were on sale recently up for plus? Let me hurry up and beat these plus games so i have no regrets about letting it expire in January

+ chavez1138 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

I’m loving the 2 games in each console but I was hoping PS+ would change the anual titles… hopefully they’ll do it during E3.

I was about to buy Trine 2 next week, good thing I waited.

+ dodgedoors on May 29th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

TO everyone asking Sly cooper is cross buy I believe so if you add it to your cart in the webstore you will be able to download it on your vita.

+ IVANBARROK on May 29th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Horrible HORRIBLE month.

+ Ninevolts on May 29th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Isn’t PixelJunk Shooter supposed to come to vita as well? ‘Cause it’d be stupid not the make them cross-buy. I mean it’s not exactly a brand new game.

+ xolan99 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Playstation Plus is still one of the best values in gaming out there. Can’t believe there is this much complaining. Keep up the great work guys!

+ xClayMeow on May 29th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

I really don’t understand how PS4 owners can continually complain about *only* getting indie games. What else is there?! Did you really expect to get AAA launch titles? You’re getting games as they’re released, which is unbelievable. PS3 and PSV AAA games are typically a year old or more; something no game on the PS4 has attained yet, obviously. Give it time, you whiny b*#@$s!

+ Xeninja0 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

Why are some of you attacking Mercenary09 he’s just stating an opinion. We’re paying to get games every month and the selection isn’t that great so why can’t people say something about it?

+ JoeEvil on May 29th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

Ps plus was so amazing the last few years.But ever since ps4 it has been junk.Outlast was great everything else is pure junk.tired of these crap indi games.

+ Gorvi on May 29th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

Not a bad list, the Vita games especially are fantastic, and finally two that I don’t own. The PS4 games are great too, will PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate give you access to it on the Vita as well? Nothing on the PS3 for me unfortunately, but I already own Thieves in Time (great game) and don’t care for sports games.

I’m guessing there’s going to be more coming at E3 to replace UC3 and LBP: Karting.

+ bt1234567892010 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

meh, Not a bad month, just not much I can use:

Trine 2 and Pixeljunk Shooter…I REALLY, Really am interested in these games, BUT I don’t have a PS4, was hoping they’d be on PS3 (I own the former on PC, but, a console version would be better for me, for MP.)

NBA 2K14; may give it at ry, BUT I’m not an NBA fan :/ At least it’s a really new title.

Sly 4: Bought it on launch, fatanstic game, and it’s crossbuy, so you get the PS3 and Vita versions :D

Terraria Vita: Will enjoy this, I have the PC and PS3 versions, but hey, might as well finish the collection :p Terraria on the go.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe: More vita games, can’t complain.

+ Thundercleese_83 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

Amazing! Thanks PS+, with you I never have the time to get bored.

+ Stick89 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

This is an awesome update!

+ charleschannels on May 29th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

Excellent news for PS4 owners!!! Thanx a lot!

+ Imputed7-14 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

Personally, I am thrilled with this selection. 2 PS4 games, hooray. Excited about both Vita titles. I own Sly 4, but excited for others to play it. Not into sports games, but whatever. Stoked about everything else. Great line up.

+ JoeEvil on May 29th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

At least give us the good indi’s like transistor?No we get pure junk…..

+ Crunchewy on May 29th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

The most exciting part of this announcement is that several people have now announced they will be dropping PS+, which means we won’t have to hear them whine in these comments from now on. Yeah!!! ;)

I like this lineup a lot. I already have Sly on cart for Vita, but I’ll sell it and grab the digital version for free. I already have Terraria, but that’s my only other dupe. I’m really looking forward to Trine 2, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate and Mutant Mudds Deluxe! NBA is cool too, though I’m not a big modern sports game fan. For free I’ll give it a try.

+ Silidus on May 29th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

@JoeEvil and Xeninja0

If you have a PS4 you are paying to maintain the multi-player infrastructure and for access to the network. The games are just icing.

+ Dragonslayer_023 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

Very excited by the news of two games for each system, all available at the beginning of the month. Can’t wait for the flood of new games to try every month.

+ FifthDream on May 29th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

Lol, do you guys complain when you get birthday presents, too? “Yuck, a free video game. This sucks. I wanted a car.” Be quiet. No one cares what games you don’t like. Other people do like them. You’re getting games that previously cost money for free. If you don’t like them, guess what, you didn’t pay for them. You didn’t even download them. And for those of you who already own the games and want to complain about that? Great, you had the privilege of playing them long before the people who get them free. And if you’re gonna bring up “but we pay a fee for the service!”, yep, the fee is for the *service* (online play, discounts on games, etc.). The free games are a bonus. Stop being such ungrateful, entitled whiners.

Again, thanks, Sony, you rock!

+ saab01 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

Not a fan of these new games also I was hoping for better. I still don’t understand this new format so what if the new games will only stay for one month at a time if they are not stellar games I will not be downloading them. Also to get only 2 games per month on ps3 when we were getting 3 before per month is not good in my eyes. Even if you say your getting a second game per month now on ps4 I haven’t really enjoyed any of the free plus games on ps4 to begin with. I downloaded every game so far on plus and the oy ones I enjoyed were contrast and resogen which was back in November it’s now almost June.

I was hoping beyond two souls would of been added but it doesn’t seem that we will be getting the 3 year long games anymore po which is very sad in my eyes.

+ tylerh1701 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

Oh man what an awesome lineup. I just bought a PS4 last week so I’ll be all over Trine 2. Shooter should be great too!

Terraria is awesome, but I wish the Vita version had separate trophies from the PS3 version. Looking forward to Sly and NBA 2K14, but by far most excited for MUTANT MUDDS DELUXE! Been waiting months already for a sale on it, so free works even better!

Loving the new 2/2/2 lineup, and excited to start getting full month updates on a single day like EU does in July. Keep up the great work and you’ve got yourself a Sony gamer for life.

+ RedMoonSharingan on May 29th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

Wow… ok, three months straight that I’m let down by PS+. April wasn’t BAD, but I still wasn’t overly thrilled or excited about anything. This past month of May had absolutely nothing I cared about, since I either already owned it (Puppeteer, Skullgirls) or gave absolutely ZERO ***** about (looking at your, PES). I knew with the PS4 launch they’d be doing more with releasing games on it each month and still wanting to release games on Vita. I have a PS4, but no Vita, so it’s not bad. I was still hoping for at least one AAA Sony title to replace the leaving Uncharted 3 and LBP Karting. But nope. But alright, that’s fine.

But now we get Trine 2 on PS4, which I already own and have the DLC on PS3. Pixeljunk, maybe, but nothing screams out to me. On PS3… Sly, ok, that’s cool, but ANOTHER sports game? Utter disappointment. But ok, you have to appeal to sports gamers, too. But I’m not one of them.

I’m *hoping” Terraria is a cross-buy. That’ll salvage a bit of this month. But over all, this is three months in a row where I’m either just “meh” or feel like this month is a waste.

Hopefully we get some really, really good PS+ discount sales.

+ juuichi-11 on May 29th, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

You guys should put Xperia as a game device, so you can give games such as Terraria and Mutant Mudds Deluxe with no regret :)

+ vongruetz on May 29th, 2014 at 7:56 am said:

I like this new direction for PS+ and I’m wondering what changes will be made to the Instant Game Collection. I’m guessing we’ll hear more at E3.

+ CrusaderForever on May 29th, 2014 at 7:56 am said:

Terraria on Vita is amazing! Trine 2 is fantastic! Cannot wait to play it on the PS4! Pixel Jun Shooter also looks really fun!

Looks like another stellar month of PS+! Thanks Sony!

+ FROSTSCUMBAB on May 29th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

Well not a bad list except for NBA game as i’m not into sport games , but i think that NA ps plus should get more vita love next month as compared to EU ps plus the last 2 months

+ SgtMettool on May 29th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

An alright list this month, though I have to say that Sony hasn’t been embracing “all genres” like they said they would.

Would like to see more RPGs and fewer indie platformers.

+ Clocktowe015 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

+ saab01, Beyond Two Souls, has been out less than a year why would Sony offer it for free?

+ daddylicious13 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

While the selection of games is not terrible, I was hoping for a block buster month. I had the expectation that playstation was bidding its time for a block buster month because of the obvious lull in sexy games lately. Hopefully, they wont do away with the yearly games, as those are always the most fun. Heres hoping.

+ Kishnabe on May 29th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

LOL at the whiners. Most of them, probably haven’t finished some of the PS+ offering from a few months ago. Entitled clowns….life is short…just enjoy the games you want to play. Even if PS+ gave triple AAA games every month…..who is able to finish all of that.

I have been busy with Conception 2 and Danganronpa. The only PS+ titles that have taken my attention is DmC and Uncharted. When I probably finsh them….it would be August.

I hope that Sly is cross buy….as I mainly play the Vita as I am on the go a lot. I know EU and Brazil had this as Cross Buy. So chances are high.

Also hoping that there would Sly Collections sale for the Vita.

+ Clocktowe015 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

@saab01, Beyond Two Souls, has been out less than a year why would Sony offer it for free?

+ EGGS_ONE on May 29th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

Kind of a lame month. I like new format for releasing games though. Just not really excited for any of these games. Either played them or not interested. How about NBA 2k14 FOR PS4?!?!?!

+ I_Love_Colorado on May 29th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

Wow! I cannot believe the amount of complaining I am seeing! This is just unbelievable. You guys are complaining about FREE games! SERIOUSLY!? Guys! You get SIX games a month! That’s 72 games a year! SEVENTY-TWO!!!!!! You guys are a bunch of whiners! But back on the subject… this looks like an awesome month, Sony! Glad I have all three consoles to really take advantage of PS+. Sony, keep doing what you’re doing! You’re doing fantastic with this service!

+ WanyaRolf on May 29th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

I liked two things:
First, they seen to listen their customers. No line up, no matter what will be, will please everyone. No one. But some time ago, we wouldn’t dream of getting a sports game, and now it is there. A basketball, a football, yours to keep. Not my favourite, but, it is there if I feel like it.
The other thing is the availability. Being an avid gamer, sometimes my game of the month was the last one. And next month, it was the first. Now, it is easier for me to manage backlog. Just grab what I want, play, wait for the next.

Nice job, Sony, and thanks for giving so much value for my cash.

+ IceColdKilla44 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Great news. I’m assuming Sly Cooper isn’t Cross Buy ( ps3 only?)

+ melka_ashur on May 29th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Why does PS3 always get the big titles? If ps3 gets nba2k14 i don’t get why ps4 can’t have it? Ps3 also got a promotion for Battlefield4…. It seems like Sony is giving the MOST incentives to buy a ps3 and not their most recent and powerful ps4 system, which gets stuck with all mini/indie games and no big titles? :-/

+ gameperson23 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Awesome! Just got the new Vita model and diggin the free games for Vita’s Plus releases! I have Terarria for PS3 but would rather play it on the go!

+ gerneric123 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

@58 Gravity Rush, Uncharted, WipEout, Soul Sacrifice, and other Vita “AAA” titles were all less than a year old. In the case of the two Japanese games, they were like 6 months old at best.

I don’t know why people are crying about people complaining. These games aren’t free. You’re paying a monthly subscription. If you don’t own a PS4, the monthly subscription is literally just for access to these games.

+ eresspring1 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Offering Muramasa and Dragon Crown for EU subscribers but not NA makes little sense, those are niech titles meaning people that show interest in them probably already follow gaming news and will be fully aware they had been offer as part of the european promotion and so will be unlikely to buy them up regardless of their region.

+ Baccra on May 29th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Love you Sony but sports games shouldn’t be on Plus. If I actually played them I could get them for cheap very easily.

+ shafedog247 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Everyone on here complaining about the games selection, THAT SONY GIVES YOU FREE FOR BEING A PS+ MEMBER, please terminate your PS+ account and go game elsewhere. Stop acting so entitled and be happy with what Sony offers. No one forced you to subscribe to PS+ and no one wants to here your “disappointment” from what is being offered to you. So of the comments on here are perfect examples of what is wrong in todays society…..its pathetic, grow up!

+ jibjab79 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Yea, I believe I’m letting my Plus subcription expire. 3 months in a row worth of crap. You guys have more subscribers than ever before and reward us with blah games. The PS4 I understand, still new and not a lot of games out yet, no excuse for the PS3 and Vita. I can far out better games than this.

+ Ikusa02 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Just because I was interested, I made a list of IGC games for June for the last 3 years. May be incomplete or wrong so feel free to correct me but I’m just posting it for comparison to this month. By the way, all the Saints Row games have been given in June. Maybe the 4th one coming up? DUN DUN DUUUN.

Wipeout HD June 2010
LittleBigPlanet Karting June 2013
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (single player) June 2013
XCOM: Enemy Unknown June 2013
Saints Row: The Third June 2013

*eating some ramen noodles*

+ Baccra on May 29th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

Also Sony I’m tired, very very tired, of EU getting better games than us over here on the North America Plus. That’s B.S.

+ Deadpoolian on May 29th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

Wow, awesome month! Most excited for Sly Cooper. I’ve played the HD Collection, but have yet to play the new game! :D

+ SiriusCJS on May 29th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

A big steaming pile of “meh” for me. I’m grateful for Trine & Sly, but that’s about it.

And how about a little variety on the Vita? I’m looking at the screenshots of Terraria & Mudd-whatever & they look way too similar. Switch it up, spread it out.

+ zingakun on May 29th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

I need to renew my PS+, but I’m waiting for the “Get $10 for Every $50 Spent” or “Buy 1-year, get another 3 months”. Won’t you guys do it something like that again? :(

PAGE 1 2 3 4 14