LittleBigPlanet 3

War Thunder Coming to PS4 on June 3rd

Alexander Trifonov's Avatar + Posted by Alexander Trifonov on May 29, 2014 // Head of PR, Gaijin

War Thunder

For us in Gaijin Entertainment, this new generation of of gaming is all about experimentation and new business models, and War Thunder is a prime example of this: a cross-platform, free-to-play, massively multiplayer historical combat game.

The most important part is that War Thunder is an online game and it evolves constantly. There were several major updates for the PC version of the game since November, including the launch of the Ground Forces expansion pack. This addition allows players to control armored vehicles such as tanks and anti-air guns which are fighting planes in some of the game modes. This simulates the realities of war where different army branches always supplemented each other in battles.

War ThunderWar Thunder

Our idea was to present PS4 players in North America with the latest version of the game, and today we’re proud to announce that War Thunder is coming out on June 3rd and it includes the Ground Forces expansion from the start! And, of course, all of the other exciting features found in the latest 1.41 version of the game — 350 different planes, squadron battles, 150 different multiplayer missions, and single-player campaigns and scenarios.

We can’t wait for launch, and we’re are preparing something special for PS4 players — stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog to hear more details soon!

63 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ SEEB-3 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

will there be a free knack or killzone shadowfall in the next months coming ?

+ AmishWarMachine on May 29th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

YESSS!

GREAT News!

+ Mercenary09 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

Finally! Been waiting for this all year! Thanks guys!

+ Stick89 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this since launch, finally!

+ GeoDarky on May 29th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Finally i can play with my NA friends, thanks you Gaijin for your hardwork

+ vonhammer on May 29th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

UK here, so we’ve had it since launch. I just hope the whole issue with patching has been resolved. I’ll be honest, it stopped me from playing the game. But tanks, yes please.

I do hope you have modes that get rid of the lock on mode when using arcade controls in planes. I went sim off the bat and never knew others could hold R2 and their plane would auto follow.

+ FoxMarduk on May 29th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Finally!

+ Darkthorn77 on May 29th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

can’t wait.

+ Dayhalk on May 29th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Very nice announcement.

Is War Thunder on the PS4 going to be updated, the same time the PC version receives updates

+ Jackyll420 on May 29th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

Will I need to make a new account or will my EU account work fine with the US release? Worked very hard and don’t want that time to go to waste. Still stoked on the tanks. Congratz on US release!! Lets hit the skys!!

+ GrafUlrich88 on May 29th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

Awesome!!!

I have been waiting for this game since launch as well. I am so excited to finally have this game and play with my PS4 European family.

Thanks Gaijin and Sony for making this happen.

Cheers!!!

Graf

+ aladorne on May 29th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

Will this need PS+?

+ FlameScythe on May 29th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

Say someone made a EU account to download War Thunder, but plays on their NA account: will they be able to download the NA version and keep their progress? Or even be able to use it?

+ Bad_Brains on May 29th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Awesome, this game is a lot of fun on PC.

+ Gorvi on May 29th, 2014 at 9:31 am said:

Finally! I’ve been waiting for this since launch, I’m glad the issues could be worked out.

+ boomstickbhg on May 29th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

While I’m not personally a fan of any free to play games, or this style of game itself, I am glad something like this is coming out for the PS4 in NA. Always good to have another good looking PS4 game instead of the usual ugly looking Indie games.

Hope people get lots of fun out of this game.

+ Dragonchasers on May 29th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Yay! Been waiting for this. Can’t wait to give it a go!

+ melka_ashur on May 29th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Haven’t heard of this series but looks great. And refreshing to have a game out that surprises us and is out soon, rather than be announced early to build hype and then get delayed.

+ juuichi-11 on May 29th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

I wish vita has a flight combat simulator stuff too

+ AntiClockClock on May 29th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

I’ve had this game since PS4 launch by using a EU account. :P

+ Fnord on May 29th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

About frakin’ time!

+ raadek on May 29th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Yes,yes,yes!Thank you Sony and Gaijin.

+ Mando44646 on May 29th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

wow about time haha.

I made an Aussie account just so I could download this to play on my PS4. Sony really held you guys up here

+ PooPface560 on May 29th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Why is number 1 comment so butthurt? You should be thankful for ps+ to give brats like that anything at all. Back on topic, I’ve been waiting to play this. Thank you.

+ siriusbee on May 29th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Excellent, excellent. Finally.

+ Qu3st39 on May 29th, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

The guys at WarThunder said I should ask Sony this; If I made a UK account to get War Thunder from the UK store, downloaded it, then launched it and played it with my regular USA account; what will happen when this launches int he USA?

+ Lainer130 on May 29th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

About time! Played the PC version and loved it. The addition of the ground forces bit from the get go makes this all worth the wait! Anyone know if I will be able to play with my PC pals once this launches?

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on May 29th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Not for ps3 :(

+ GoCanes89 on May 29th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

Sweet! Been waiting since PS4 launch. Sturmovik was one of my favorites, so air combat on PS4 is right up my alley. ^_^

Now, if someone can get Wargaming.net to release World of Tanks on PS4 my life will be complete.

+ DraftD on May 29th, 2014 at 2:56 pm said:

I already have the european version and must say the game is good with MAJOR!!!! Flaw. The control scheme is terrible, im not saying make the game like all other flight games because its unique but a simple l1-r1 rutter would be nice instead of one stick tilting the plane. Seems like its made strictly for use with a mouse. Please have flight controls like every console flight game ever made.

+ ChangeDaBullets on May 29th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

Finally! I totally forgot about this game honestly.. I knew Europe had it first and stuff but now that I am glad to see it finally arriving on PS4 for USA :D cannot wait!

+ hongthay on May 29th, 2014 at 6:15 pm said:

I’ve been looking forward to this. Any chance of being able to link accounts from the PC yet, now that everyone is on the same patch?

+ tusunami on May 29th, 2014 at 7:56 pm said:

Unlike some of my friends that were impatient to wait for the game to come stateside I’m glad that I didn’t create a account to play this game. I’m willing to bet that the suprise will be remote play or trophies possibly for this game. I will try this out for sure June 3rd is right around the corner!!!!!!!!!

+ Elvick_ on May 29th, 2014 at 9:20 pm said:

FINALLY

+ Fusion13 on May 29th, 2014 at 10:16 pm said:

You guys should try to get SMITE on PS4. I think the game will work very with the dualshock 4. Just streamline the shop and you got a killer game.

+ honkayjeezus on May 29th, 2014 at 11:44 pm said:

I imagine you won’t need PS Plus to play, just like the EU version?

+ Locster60 on May 30th, 2014 at 3:56 am said:

Nice now I just need a PS4 lol

+ sMoKiN_dEm_TrEeS on May 30th, 2014 at 5:38 am said:

Can we use our PC accounts to play on the PS4 version? Can PC and PS4 player play together?

+ DutchMaester on May 30th, 2014 at 6:06 am said:

Well worth the wait for the Ground Forces addition. I’ve been playing this game on PC for a year now and it’s truly phenomenal, free-to-play aside. I’ll be sorry to leave all my PC account progress behind but now I can play on a PS4 instead of my garbage laptop!

+ Sum-Mischief on May 30th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

Yes , I been waiting for an announcement . And it came and its release is only a few days away? Super I Say!

+ kerasthimanes on May 30th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

Please allow War Thunder PS4 users to modify the controller setup so we can map whatever function to whatever buttons / sticks we want. The free look feature has been almost impossible to use in past games. Thanks for bringing this amazing game to PS4!!

+ REALROBLAW on May 30th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Finally! I have been wanting to play this game for a long time now. It looks great! I can hardly wait!

+ xzac-attack12x on May 30th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

i have the same question as qu3st39,i made an aussie account got war thunder from said aussie account but played it on my us account.Once it releases on the 3rd,will it let me make a new account?i hope so or else i cant play,ill just have to stick to ultra low quality and 30fps on pc and i really dont want to do that,sony,gaijin,please give me good news and just tell me it well let me make a new account.

+ Jet_Cobra on May 30th, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

so will their be any way to transfer data from the pc version to the PS4 version or will we have to start from scratch?

+ SeanStrange on May 30th, 2014 at 6:08 pm said:

War Thunder on PC was loads of fun, Can’t wait to play it on the PS4!

+ a7medii-bh on May 30th, 2014 at 7:12 pm said:

cool that we are going to play as ground forces as well !! i loved the idea also i was waiting for the game to come up at the us store long time ago and finally it’s gna be here in 3 days ! how cool is that !

+ iamtylerdurden1 on May 31st, 2014 at 5:35 am said:

Yes! About time, but still…..yes! Another reason why the PS4 is the only next-gen console that isn’t a total joke. Here’s to a spectacular E3.

+ iamtylerdurden1 on May 31st, 2014 at 5:49 am said:

Btw the Sly Collection on Vita is AMAZING! Everyone get hyped because Project Beast (codename) will be the game everyone is talking about after E3, it’s a spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls developed by Japan Studios & From software & it’s a PS4 exclusive (basically a cooler version of Dark Souls 2 for the PS4). Also, Forgotten Memories (Vita).

+ lock007 on June 1st, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

It would be great to have it on Vita as well! There are gamers out there who would like to see more flight game projects in the near future. Keep it up.

+ PERFECT-SHOOTER on June 1st, 2014 at 8:35 pm said:

i have been waiting for this game i will be the first to download it

PAGE 1 2