PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 6/3/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Jun 01, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Amidst the sound of shattered glass, Detective Ronan O’Connor falls to his death, his body crumpled on the pavement below the broken window. But this is only the beginning of his story in Murdered: Soul Suspect, which launches on PS4 and PS3 this week.

In Murdered: Soul Suspect, players take control of Ronan — a troubled detective with a messy past — moments after his own murder. Now as his spirit wanders through the purgatorial world of the Dusk, players must help Ronan harness his newfound supernatural abilities and solve the mystery behind his own untimely demise. But the town of Salem has a dark history as well, and answering Ronan’s questions won’t be easy — especially with hungry demons prowling the afterlife.

Murdered isn’t the only big new game on the block, however. War Thunder is also launching on PS4 this week, and PlayStation Vita Pets is coming to Vita for a more light-hearted gaming experience. You can never have too many puppies.

For a complete list of games coming to PlayStation on Tuesday, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

1001 Spikes
Heroine Dream
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
Murdered: Soul Suspect
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
PlayStation Vita Pets
War Thunder
Worms Battlegrounds

New PlayStation Releases This Week

1001 Spikes
PS4, PS Vita — Digital
Jim Hawkins, the world-renowned archaeologist, has gone missing while exploring the frozen reaches of Antarctica. Before his disappearance, he entrusted his son Aban with a map to the long forgotten ruins of Ukampa Temple in South America, along with a letter warning that death waits behind its every corner. Can Aban survive the endless traps of Ukampa and surpass his famous father?
Heroine Dream
PSone Import — Digital
Heroine Dream places the player in the role of a producer working with the prospective heroine, Shizuka Maiki. There are various parameters to Shizuka — including confidence, athleticism, and stress levels –so carefully budget each area to raise a well-rounded heroine. There are multiple endings depending on how the player raises Shizuka.
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Neptune and her friends decide to summon a talented idol producer (you). Train them to become successful idols by taking them to PR events, raising their stats, and spending time with the idol of your choosing. But most importantly, put on some smashing concerts!
Murdered: Soul Suspect
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail
Most people think that death is the end, but for Ronan O’Connor, a Salem police detective with a chequered past, it’s just the beginning. When Ronan gets caught in a violent burglary, his life is brought to an untimely and brutal end. Shocked to find himself in the afterlife, his only escape from the limbo world of Dusk is to track down his killer using new-found supernatural abilities.
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is a twin-stick shooter with equal elements of action, exploration, and puzzle solving. Saving scientists and uncovering the mysteries of an ill-fated research trip requires you to study and manipulate your environment. Blast and dig through rock and ice, unleashing floods of water, lava, gas, magnetic oil, and even deadly stomach acid.
PlayStation Vita Pets
PS Vita — Digital
Heroic pets and long-lost legends. Pick a pup with real personality — will you choose a tough-talking husky, brave collie, fun-loving Labrador or giggly Dalmatian? Discover the enchanting stories and forgotten legends of Castlewood Island.
War Thunder
PS4 — Digital
War Thunder is a next-generation MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. You’ll take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.
Worms Battlegrounds
PS4 — Digital
Worms Battlegrounds brings friends and families together in the noble pursuit of self‐improvement, world domination, and exploding sheep. Story Mode adds a ton of variety by introducing physics-based contraptions for the first time ever. A plethora of interesting machinery spices up the gameplay

Demos and Betas

EA Sports UFC — PS4 Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 1st, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

What’s scarier than a ghost…?

…your own ghost.

+ MapleStory on June 1st, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Ahhhh! GHOSTS! Looking forward to the PS+ stuff this week and E3 is just around the corner! Gonna try to catch it over in Manhattan, on the waiting list but would probably be worth the wait.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 1st, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

Nice! Good luck, and hope you enjoy E3! :)

+ Shudderdust on June 1st, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

BEYOND!

+ Mister-Nep on June 1st, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Hooray for Neptunia! Let the wave of Nep games commence!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 1st, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Let it wash over you!

+ StalkerD on June 1st, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

I ain’t afraid of no ghosts

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 1st, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

Who ya gonna call?

+ GalatasarayEken on June 1st, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

I was just wondering why we’re getting a sports game for the 2nd month in a row, don’t you think we should mix up genres? Knowing E3 is around the corner I expected some major titles for PS3, you guys are also going to take out Uncharted 3, NBA 2K14 is a different genre but it comes no where near Uncharted :/

+ Vyprstryke on June 1st, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Really excited about Murdered!! Pulling for that as this years sleeper hit =) likely gonna check out 1001 Spikes as well if the price is right. Cool week for new games. Hope there’s some cool sales this week as well!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 1st, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Enjoy! I’m also excited for Murdered.

+ Teh_AKOD on June 1st, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Man that Murdered: Soul Suspect release date really caught me by surprise. Between that and PS+ this month I won’t have much time to spare.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 1st, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Make sure to still get your beauty rest!

+ Tjoeb123 on June 1st, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

Hehe, Neptune looks soo happy…But my heart is with Noire, dammit!

IGN may have bashed it (I didn’t actually read their review but the few words they said at the Vita page pretty much told me that’s what they did, even though I knew of some of its shortcomings from those who’ve played the Japanese version), but I’m looking forward to the day my LE comes in teh mail!

BTW, is PSV Pets F2P or no?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 1st, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

I don’t believe PlayStation Vita Pets is free-to-play. We’ll have more details on that game this week!

+ FifthDream on June 1st, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

Games!!

Keeping my eye on Neptunia and Worms.

Neptunia and Worms. Now that would be a game.

+ Tjoeb123 on June 1st, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

@4 You’re right, as Re;birth 1 comes out in months….

+ aidman650 on June 1st, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

Ryan, that first post didn’t even have a “drop” pun in it! I’m beyond disappointed…

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 1st, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

I’ve decided to move away from Drop puns, as I was terrible at them. Now I’m just making bad jokes. :-P

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on June 1st, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

Ryan had to drop the first-post puns.

+ Ikusa02 on June 1st, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Was hoping for some Suikoden 2 (who isn’t hehe) but oh well. Nothing for me this week new release wise. Hope you got some good E3 sales up your sleeve!

+ Tjoeb123 on June 1st, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

@12 But you just made a pun of your own.

+ Alpha6Nine on June 1st, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

Only Neptunia PP for me this week, and that’s more than enough for me.

+ Ikusa02 on June 1st, 2014 at 9:59 am said:

Let’s all make bad ghost jokes then!

Q: Why are ghosts bad at telling lies ?
A: Because you can see right through them !

+ Silver_shion on June 1st, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

Excited for Ultra !
Im ready to fight !

+ King_Omega_34 on June 1st, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

I hope some JRPG’s go on sale this week that would be awesome.

+ Amnalehu on June 1st, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Wow! Something for everyone. I honestly wasn’t interest in MSS until I watched the video. It looks like it could be a sleeper hit! I’m also looking forward do getting my hands on the beautiful Pixel Junk Shooter. Outstanding Drop this week!

+ stalepie on June 1st, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Murdered: Soul Suspect looks a lot better than expected

+ Tjoeb123 on June 1st, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

Have you thought about including the major DLC releases in the Drop posts? (ie Ultra SF4)

+ RoII_chan on June 1st, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEES! the game im looking foward to the most!! =)

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on June 1st, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

pls fix watch dogs I cant play the game $80 game don’t work pls fix

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on June 1st, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

this suckssssssss

+ maverick__420 on June 1st, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Dear sony I updated my system on Thursday now I can’t get into the store via my ps3 and I want to renew my plus :/

+ TeamGreen615 on June 1st, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

This is what I want for my Vita at E3. Grand Theft Auto SA Stories, Godeater 2 coming west, Syphon Filter (Sifer Philton for Ryan)
inFamous, Grand Turismo, Gravity Rush 2, and I guess while I’m dreaming a Crash Bandicoot Collection. Not getting my hopes up though.

+ Rezolution77 on June 1st, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Hyperdimension Neptunia.

More interested in Birth, than the dance game PSP spinoff Perfection.

Not a Day1, but will be on the lookout for a digital sale.

+ Rezolution77 on June 1st, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

And Definately +1 @26 for Syphon Filter.

Need to at atleast make the old PSP versions available.

+ Dewbah86 on June 1st, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Is it the full version of War Thunder or just the Beta that EU has had access to? As in is it more then just air combat?

+ The1337Ghost on June 1st, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

Cool. I totally didn’t expect Murdered Soul Suspect and War Thunder to be out already :D

+ Mando44646 on June 1st, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Nothing for me this week. I might get Murdered SS after a price drop or two. And I don’t care for a Nintendogs knockoff on Vita

+ Jsfate on June 1st, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

Any word on the last of us due date being confirmed for June as listed in Facebook? yet, retail stores do not have this info yet?

+ dodgedoors on June 1st, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

I’m excited for Murdered SS It will be the last in the games I got for my birthday. Just platted Wolfenstein, now on to other awesome games.

+ eggmiester28 on June 1st, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

Murdered: Soul Suspect is my most anticipated games o this year.

+ SeanStrange on June 1st, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

Murdered: Soul Suspect! Can’t wait to play it. I also feel really bad for the people that are going crazy over Hyperdimension Neptunia Idol PP. Little do they know, the game is absolute rubbish and is a total waste of money.

+ godshand3547 on June 1st, 2014 at 11:37 am said:

Its June already. Waahhhh, i thought i was gonna have a Vita by now.
I want Neptunia PP (ive heard the reviews and i dont care). Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!

+ AizawaYuuichi on June 1st, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

Picking up Murdered: Soul Suspect to support Airtight Games and Square-Enix for making/financing a new IP, and to support the mid-tier A/AA game release. If you’re tired of only getting AAA or indie games, then you should support the mid-tier games as well. Just saying.

+ iREVOLTER on June 1st, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

Looking to PS+ and E3 )

+ NinjaMicWZ on June 1st, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Does anyone know if the physical release of Playstation Vita Pets in the UK is an actual game card, or a download code in a box? Please let me know before it ships.

+ YungShep on June 1st, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

nice drop this week, War Thunder and Worms is mine! reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly ecstatic about E3! ill be heading to the theater in San Antonio to watch :) somehow i feel this will totally be worth it.

i even changed my avatar for something i expect to be announced tomorrow :)

+ drewim469 on June 1st, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

So nice to see more than one ps4 game out this week. I’ve been waiting for War Thunder since launch, MSS looks interesting, E3 around the corner, thing are looking good.

+ dkarlowicz10 on June 1st, 2014 at 1:58 pm said:

If PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is free for PS4 this month, does that mean also free for Vita since it is a crossbuy? If so, 4 free Vita games this month, wow.

+ Rezznak on June 1st, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

Yes! 1001 spikes!!!!!!! Can’t wait to play another split-screen co-op game. I wonder if it really is as difficult as they say? Thank-you Sony, and Nicalis!!!!!!!

+ onearmlauren on June 1st, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

Will 1001 Spikes and/or Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate be crossbuy?

+ Tjoeb123 on June 1st, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

Also, where’s the new Blogcast?

+ yowzagabowza on June 1st, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

Please put prices. This post is basicaly useless without them.

For peiple wondering, 1001 spikes is priced as stupidly as the rest of the ps4 indies at $15. I dont know why anyone would even bother buying ps4 games off psn considering plus is supposedto give us two a month sstarting in july.

+ djsaiyan on June 1st, 2014 at 2:41 pm said:

Decided to hold off on Murdered: Soul Suspect until the reviews come in. If it comes in at a decent enough score amongst my trusted reviewers, day one fo shooo

+ Husteen on June 1st, 2014 at 2:55 pm said:

yay, excited for soul suspect. also excited for trine 2, even though i’d rather own it, and pixel shooter for ps+.

just so i understand correctly, all 4 ps+ games will be available at the beginning of the month and will remain freebies until that months ends, right?

+ Mega-Sackman on June 1st, 2014 at 3:02 pm said:

War thunder, PixelJunk, Trine, and i’m still playing Watch Dogs… between this, E3, the World Cup, Destiny Beta, i surely have June/July Covered.

+ Gamerzlimited on June 1st, 2014 at 3:42 pm said:

The only game I look forward to this week is Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection. Can’t wait for my Limited Edition copy from the NIS America store to arrive later of the week. :)

PAGE 1 2