PS4 - Transistor

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Coming December 2nd to PS3

Kaori Takasue's Avatar + Posted by Kaori Takasue on Jun 05, 2014 // Product Manager, Square Enix Japan Studios

Hi all! So we’ve been reading questions from the fans and the one that stood out the most is the obvious one: “When will Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX be released?”

We’re absolutely thrilled that the day has been set. You’re hearing it first here that on December 2nd, 2014, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will launch right in time for the holidays! You can relax and dive into the series as the Kingdom Hearts saga continues in this HD compilation.

This trailer takes you through the journey of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, then brings you fully into Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, and if you stay until the very end, there will be hints to Kingdom Hearts III. For those that may not be able to attend E3, you’re definitely in luck regarding Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX content.

Remember those questions you asked on the Kingdom Hearts Facebook about a month ago? They did not go into a dark vortex, but the co-director of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX himself, Tai Yasue, will be flying out from Japan and answering as many questions as possible on Square Enix Presents. Square Enix Presents is our live broadcast of everything Square Enix at E3. Tune in, June 10th, 2014 from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM Pacific.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIXKingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX

We’ll be reading off questions and names of the people who asked each question as well as from which country. It should be a fun time so make sure to set your calendars, subscribe to the YouTube channel, and tune in to see if your question is being answered!

Lastly… yours truly, along with the Product Manager from Square Enix UK Mat Kishimoto, will also be on Square Enix Presents to talk about everything Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, so make sure to tune in on June 11th, 2014 from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM Pacific.

Here’s what we did last year to cover off on everything Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX if you didn’t have a chance to check it out.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX

So to recap everything Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX if it became a bit TLDR

• Release date of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX is December 2nd, 2014!
  • E3 trailer with a tease!
  • Co-director Tai Yasue will be doing a Q&A on Square Enix Presents on June 10th, 2014 from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM Pacific.
  • Staff from Square Enix Europe and Square Enix America will be talking about EVERYTHING under the sun about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, June 11th, 2014 from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM Pacific.

We’re only halfway through 2014 and there will be much more exciting news to share as the months roll out, but for now, we hope you guys are as hyped as we are. You can pre-order Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX here.

If you have any requests for what to discuss on Square Enix Presents or any burning questions, please feel free to leave them below.

PAGE 1 2

+ Butters360 on June 5th, 2014 at 8:08 pm said:

YES! YES ! YES!

+ Ryler on June 5th, 2014 at 8:10 pm said:

Wow, did not expect to see that at the end of the trailer.

Kaori Takasue's Avatar

+ Kaori Takasue on June 5th, 2014 at 11:05 pm said:

Hi Ryler! We love surprises too. ;)

+ LucasIvan2 on June 5th, 2014 at 8:14 pm said:

I’m guessing that there won’t be a digital release, right?

+ uchiha_bodok on June 5th, 2014 at 8:22 pm said:

Is there going to be a Limited Edition like KH 1.5 had?

+ Vinland_Krauser on June 5th, 2014 at 8:24 pm said:

Both remixes lack a pretty important chapter in the franchise.
I hope that Dream Drop tease means something.

+ RE_Player on June 5th, 2014 at 8:26 pm said:

First ReMIX was great and I’m sure this one is too. Looking forward to it.

+ Gamerzlimited on June 5th, 2014 at 8:33 pm said:

December 2nd, that late? Was hoping it would be in September like the first one, but nope. Guess better late than never, right?

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on June 5th, 2014 at 8:36 pm said:

quite disappointed that’s it’s releasing till the end of the year.. sigh, can you guys give us a collectors edition? I’d definitely purchase it. if not at least give us a good pre order bonus. also one more thing, I’ve been asking for Kingdom Hearts avatars on psn but you guys seem not to care about those things, can you suggest it to the people at square Enix? Thanks!

Kaori Takasue's Avatar

+ Kaori Takasue on June 5th, 2014 at 11:04 pm said:

x_PlaTtiNuM, hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment and vocalize what you’d like to see for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX! The fans wishes are super valuable. Please continue to support us!

+ Tidus755 on June 5th, 2014 at 8:54 pm said:

@4 I hope so too!

+ coolsonh on June 5th, 2014 at 8:56 pm said:

It’s so great to see another trailer and a release date!

Question on everyone’s mind: Will 2.5 come in an art-book box like 1.5 did? I loved the simplistic beauty of that case, and want to have it’s partner!

+ xClayMeow on June 5th, 2014 at 8:59 pm said:

Bring 1.5, 2.5, 3, or a spin-off to Vita, please!

The Vita needs KH. You will have like a 75% attach rate!!

+ assassinsith on June 5th, 2014 at 9:01 pm said:

Come on guys announce a collector’s edition, you know we are gonna buy it ;)

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 5th, 2014 at 9:09 pm said:

PLEASE bring Birth by Sleep HD to Vita. Or even the forgotten Birth by Sleep Volume 2…

Trailer got me excited. I’m fine with December, gives me plenty of time to get through all my games and avoids much holiday chaos.

Digital Release?
Limited Edition?

+ ChibiMrBubbles on June 5th, 2014 at 9:09 pm said:

December is so far away. You can’t get us hyped with that trailer then make us wait for so long. :-(

+ VdeVenancio on June 5th, 2014 at 9:10 pm said:

Awesome trailer!

Any chance for a digital edition of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD?

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 5th, 2014 at 9:11 pm said:

I have to assume u guys r bringing over 3D as well. I would love to see 3D on PS4 with second screen option using Vita a s a controller. That would be really cool.

+ Sorahl213 on June 5th, 2014 at 9:13 pm said:

Such an epic trailer!!!! When you think it couldn’t get better with a nostalgic-filled and action-packed trailer, they slam you with a release date near the holidays and an awesome teaser for KH3. I love this series!!! Really happy that my first tattoo is the two keyblades Oblivion and Oathkeeper crossing one another (like an X…. Hint hint Xehanort lol)

Please announce a collector’s edition!! Day one buy definitely.

Kaori Takasue's Avatar

+ Kaori Takasue on June 5th, 2014 at 11:00 pm said:

Hi Sorahk213, we’re happy to hear that you felt the action as much as we did!! So many fans connect and express themselves through Kingdom Hearts. Thank you, we hear the fans loud and clear! :)

+ shinjix2 on June 5th, 2014 at 9:18 pm said:

Crazy thought but after FFX I would love to see a cross play/buy option for if not all of this remake, at least BBS for the Vita. Loved The portability and it just makes sense! Ask if that’s a possibility please!!

+ Ventus_Fury on June 5th, 2014 at 9:19 pm said:

Oh well, gives time to release it, bug test, and everything, hopefully this is meaning BBS Mirage Arena is ONLINE (Here is hoping)

+ ManicMitchun on June 5th, 2014 at 9:56 pm said:

I Hope they don’t censor Xigbar and Braigs Weapons again like they did with the original US releases. the Arrow Guns dont look anything like real sniper rifles.

+ DarkStar83x on June 5th, 2014 at 10:02 pm said:

Surprised they did this before E3.

+ darkknight198302 on June 5th, 2014 at 10:13 pm said:

Woooo!!!!! This game will be out on my birthday. Yay!!!!!

+ Ziemi on June 5th, 2014 at 10:37 pm said:

Can’t wait, I hope there will be some pre-order incentive/bonus?

+ TeamGreen615 on June 5th, 2014 at 10:37 pm said:

Glad we have a release date now. I will be adding this to my PS3 collection. Hopefully someday I can add a KH to my Vita collection.

Kaori Takasue's Avatar

+ Kaori Takasue on June 5th, 2014 at 10:57 pm said:

Hi TeamGreen615. We’re so excited that we were able to finally release a date! Thank you for your support!!

+ MapleStory on June 5th, 2014 at 11:00 pm said:

Day 1 purchase, just like KH1.5 HD Remix! Will absolutely bite on any form of limited/collector’s edition if one is made.

Now that KH2.5 is almost out of the way, how about a Final Fantasy XII HD update? *wink wink* ;)

+ PrinceofXIII on June 5th, 2014 at 11:13 pm said:

Great stuff!

+ goodSuM on June 5th, 2014 at 11:16 pm said:

Please let there NOT be any online features. Seriously, Kingdom Hearts is one of the last series I can think of that is still 100% playable. With online comes server shutdowns down the road. I’d hate that.

+ Darth_Kiras on June 5th, 2014 at 11:29 pm said:

I wish this will also be on PS4.I would love to replay through these games again.

+ FearMonkey on June 5th, 2014 at 11:46 pm said:

OMG that KH3 tease at the end of that trailer! OMG! OMG! I’m crying right now. Why did you do this to me? WHY?!? T_T

+ jibjab79 on June 6th, 2014 at 12:07 am said:

I really really hope 1.5 and 2.5 ends up on the PS4. I don’t know how much I can hold out on getting a PS4.

+ AizawaYuuichi on June 6th, 2014 at 12:13 am said:

Finally a release date… Good~~~
Now I just wait for Gamestop to have it up for pre-order. I’m hoping you guys got this out of the way before E3 so you could focus on FFXV and KH3, with new gameplay footage and maybe a launch window for FFXV.

PS> Please bring Dream Drop Distance to Vita with a nice HD-ish makeover. That’ll be the last thing we need to get re-released on current hardware. Make it happen!

+ dkarlowicz10 on June 6th, 2014 at 1:53 am said:

Please consider a Vita version. I believe that Final Fantasy X HD Collection for the Vita sold well; this would do just as well.

+ StalkerD on June 6th, 2014 at 1:58 am said:

I hope a collector’s edition like the one for the first Kingdom Hears (artbook packaging) is made available, I love those, and I love that you have been using this style of digipack (Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts and now Final Fantasy X/X2.

Please do consider the possibility of releasing these collections on the PS Vita. I really like playing PS2 ports on the Vita, and if FFX is any indication, this would look perfect on the Vita, and could sell nicely too. Worst case scenario, at least make Birth by Sleep available either digitally or physically to PS Vita =(

While you are at it, we would like like to be able to play Crisis Core on the Vita =)

+ madmanwithabox12 on June 6th, 2014 at 2:13 am said:

Show some Vita love SE. Surely you saw all the demand on the last blog post? You can’t just ignore that.

+ Not_Too_Sweet on June 6th, 2014 at 3:39 am said:

You’re releasing it on the week of my Birthday!? Oh, Thank You Square-Enix. Thank You!

+ zlovkvetinaci on June 6th, 2014 at 3:51 am said:

Sold. But I rather enjoy this on my Vita.

+ lisatsunami on June 6th, 2014 at 3:58 am said:

I’ll buy everything! I can’t wait to fight as Sorah and King Mickey. That teaser for KH3 was elegant and artistic. I’m pre-ordering everything!!!

+ Kasaix on June 6th, 2014 at 4:57 am said:

Yes! Release date! Thank you! I hope we can get a collector’s edition like with 1.5 HD. This is a day one purchase.

+ Clocktowe015 on June 6th, 2014 at 5:39 am said:

Hi, Please bring this to Playstation Vita

+ Clocktowe015 on June 6th, 2014 at 5:40 am said:

Hi, Please bring Kingdom Hearts 2 to Playstation Store

+ Clocktowe015 on June 6th, 2014 at 5:40 am said:

Hi, Please make Digital Version for Kingdom Hearts 2

+ Valde_zerocool on June 6th, 2014 at 5:51 am said:

Will this be available digitally?

+ GOODKyle on June 6th, 2014 at 6:08 am said:

Words cannot describe how happy I am to hear KH news right before E3 let alone that KH3 teaser!!!

+ diablo103 on June 6th, 2014 at 6:27 am said:

Finally. Now lets not make KH3′s development as long as FFXV please :)

+ Mando44646 on June 6th, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

I’ll buy this, but i wish it wasnt only last gen. Why no Vita like FFX? Or a PS4 port?

+ Trendy_Kid on June 6th, 2014 at 7:16 am said:

I would love to see a Kingdom Hearts game on the Vita.

+ ossiecastro5 on June 6th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Incredible, simply incredible!

I was hoping for this to come a bit earlier, possibly in the Fall. But this is good too, just enough time to save up. When do pre-orders end?

Also, will Kingdom Hearts avatars for the PS3 still be possible? I recall seeing this as a possible option in one of the last surveys. A Xehanort avatar would do nicely. :)

Also, good luck at E3! I await to see what happens.

+ AssassinAngel92 on June 6th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Will definitely be getting this in December. As a Kingdom Hearts Veteran it will be nice to play II Final Mix and for the first time play the only one of the series that I haven’t….Birth By Sleep! I’ve been with this series since it first started and getting them back as been such a joy for me, thank you Playstaion and Thank you Square Enix for giving us such a wonderful series!

+ Rocker_AK on June 6th, 2014 at 6:46 pm said:

im sure theres going to be a secret trailer in the game for KH3 somewhere in this

+ alphagoku1 on June 7th, 2014 at 12:21 am said:

does this mean that we wont even see anything for KH3 until like the end of 2015? im happy this is coming out at least this year, but i was waiting for KH3 since 2 came out lol. that and these kinds of things take forever with you guys, i mean look at 1.5 to this….. that was ludicrously long to wait for port…. with some of the actual game TAKEN OUT….. come on guys, youre usually ahead of the western competition… keep it up

PAGE 1 2