PS4 - Destiny

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor E3 Trailer Revealed

Andy Salisbury's Avatar + Posted by Andy Salisbury on Jun 05, 2014 // Community Manager, Monolith Productions

E3, the annual celebration of all things video games, has nearly arrived.

Truth be told, all of us here at Monolith Productions have been excited about this week for quite some time, and for good reason. Ever since we first revealed Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor to the world we’ve continued our hard work on it, and we’re ready to give some new peeks into the lands that you’ll soon be telling your own stories in.

But first things first: we’re extremely proud to unveil our official E3 CG trailer today, titled Gravewalker. Prepare to glimpse into the world of Talion, the Ranger of The Black Gate whose family was killed when Sauron made his return to Mordor. Talion fights on after being denied death due to a mysterious Wraith — a Spirit of vengeance that, as it turns out, holds a very ancient grudge against Sauron himself.

In the trailer lies the aftermath of a battle; Uruks slain, and a message left. A Captain of Sauron’s army soon finds out that the mayhem around him was caused by Talion, the Gravewalker, as the lone surviving Uruk tells of what he saw — and who’s next.

If you’re attending E3, your chance to see live Shadow of Mordor gameplay has finally arrived. Drop by the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment booth and join us in our theater. (You can’t miss it!) There, you’ll get to see some brand new action for the very first time, as we venture forth into the Sea of NĂºrnen, a location within Mordor of great strategic importance to Sauron. These lush green lands are used to feed the growing war machine of The Dark Lord, making it an ideal location to build your personal army and take the battle to him.

We can’t wait to see you at E3. If you’re not able to attend the show, worry not — we’ve got you covered. You can ask us your questions, and get all the latest updates from us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Our eyes will be yours.

10 Comments

+ Valde_zerocool on June 5th, 2014 at 6:39 am said:

This is my game of October now. I was wondering will we find out the depth of the open world at E3?

+ GrafUlrich88 on June 5th, 2014 at 6:39 am said:

I’m really looking forward to this game. It has a lot of cool new story lines and the added abilities of the character are awesome. Plus it’s Middle Earth the great world of J.R.R. Tolkien.

Cheers!!!

Graf

+ Grexotic on June 5th, 2014 at 7:21 am said:

Whoa. That looked neat.

+ Stagrepa on June 5th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Hell yeah!

+ tusunami on June 5th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

I like what I see from this game but won’t get to excited until I know for sure it’s coming out this year.

+ Rainwater on June 5th, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

Looks cool and I’ve always respected Monolith’s work

+ Remmy8199 on June 5th, 2014 at 6:53 pm said:

God I hope this doesn’t suck. I’m a big LOTR fan, but I have yet to see them make a decent game of it. Guess I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed and my hype level to a minimum.

+ GStylez1980 on June 5th, 2014 at 6:58 pm said:

The lack of comments on this post is certainly not a good sign for this game as far as enthusiasm for the game. Monolith really needs to show some gameplay footage so that we know what we’re getting. Get us excited…a CG trailer just won’t get it done.

+ lungbrace on June 5th, 2014 at 9:47 pm said:

I have been waiting for a middle~earth open world experience for a LONG time!!! this is perfect!!!

+ KnightRid on June 6th, 2014 at 4:01 am said:

I agree with #8 – gameplay footage please. These trailers are pretty but cutscenes always are. Will the world be as big or bigger than Skyrim? Will it be as replayable? Sidequests galore? Really need details rather than movies :( I want a good middle earth game to play darnit!