Bloodborne

Watch Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty’s E3 Trailer

Stewart Gilray's Avatar + Posted by Stewart Gilray on Jun 05, 2014 // CEO, Just Add Water

Hi everyone! E3 is here and we have a special something to share with you. Since we released our last trailer at GDC back in March, we’ve been working hard to finish up development of Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, and we’re inching ever closer all the time. Our new trailer conveys more of the story within the game – not just what you’ll see, but also through the music.

The song used is called “Born to Love You” and it’s by Elodie Adams, a young musician from Australia who just happens to be a massive Oddworld fan. We thought her song was a perfect fit for us because it’s in keeping with the theme of New ‘n’ Tasty and the story of Abe. We’re proud to feature “Born to Love You” in our game’s end credits and this, our E3 trailer.

E3 next week is a big one for us. The game is fully playable at the show and we have press lined up end to end, so expect a lot of new info, screens and gameplay footage to come out of the event.

Cheers!

26 Comments

+ RE_Player on June 5th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

As a fan of the series this looks incredible. I can’t believe it looks this good!!

+ FredPunella on June 5th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

This game looks like garbage.

Why is Sony approving junk like this?

+ Borshay on June 5th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

@2 Yes because what we need is more shooters ><

Game looks great! Hopefully we hear some news about Munch's Oddysee for Vita soon!

+ BPinter on June 5th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Really excited for this, especially on Vita. I just played through Stranger’s Wrath on Vita and, to my surprise, really enjoyed it. Had never played an Oddworld game before and honestly didn’t think they were my kind of games.

+ Gorvi on June 5th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

This looks nothing like Gravity Crash Ultra. ;)

+ KentBlake on June 5th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

@2 I’m so sorry you have such bad taste. It must not be easy to live like this.

I think it looks great! I’ll certainly buy this for my PS4 and I hope I can finish it this time. The old one was so difficult for me…

+ Mad-Dominator0 on June 5th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

Fred got no taste.

+ hazelcabug on June 5th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

Indie games are good and it’s fun, but I get easily bored with most 16-bit indie games on vita lately. Sony should start developing more platform/side scrolling games with amazing graphics like this on ps vita. Games like Valiant heart and puppeteer should had been on vita and not on console. I’m pretty sure ps vita is powerful enough to handle heavy graphics side scrolling or platform games.

+ hazelcabug on June 5th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

Heavy graphics side scrolling are a must on a portable console and not on home console. I just wondered why Sony keep on pushing vita’s power over the edge with ps3’s open world ported games like amazing spiderman/borderlands 2 whereas they can just simply create a side scrolling or platform games with very stunning graphics. It’s more fun to play it on-the-go.

+ Elvick_ on June 5th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

I’d love to see some Vita footage. I’m really curious how that version is doing compared to the others. Trying to decide between PS4 and Vita to play it on. (will probably eventually buy it on both)

Oh, while I’m here. Munch HD is still coming to Vita right?

+ SKI2000G on June 5th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

The trailer gives off a real Transistor vibe because of the song, which is interesting.

As far as the actual game – I loved Abe’s Oddysee when I was young, mostly for the art direction and atmosphere, but I never made it to the later parts of the game. Can’t wait to play through this – it’ll be a very nostalgic experience for me, I think.

Any word on whether the game will share trophies between platforms or have separate lists? I hope it’s a single list.

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on June 5th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Wow this looks great!
Is the Vita version 60fps or 30?

+ Xenobits on June 5th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

Thank you, Oddworld Team. I grew up playing Oddworld: Abe’s Oddyssey. The artistic value of the original game was what captured me. Watching this trailer I experienced a great sense of nostalgia. It looks like you’ve really poured your heart into the New ‘N’ Tasty edition. I really appreciate all your hard work and I can’t wait to experience this again with a fresh set of eyes!

+ Rezolution77 on June 5th, 2014 at 11:37 am said:

Wasn’t this scheduled spring?

+ jawara on June 5th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

Hey when does munch’s oddysee come out for vita sir?

+ Praxcelis on June 5th, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

Can. Not. Wait!

+ Kai_Shenlong on June 5th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

Hello. Follow me.

+ ossiecastro5 on June 5th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

Impressive trailer. I cannot wait to play as Abe in ‘new number tasty’ graphics. :D

+ ferrers405 on June 5th, 2014 at 1:19 pm said:

The only problem i see is the price, $30 is too much for a digital, i’ll wait a sale then buy.

+ Geoo_oliva on June 5th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

@ fred is very stupid this is a ps1 classic!

+ tusunami on June 5th, 2014 at 1:37 pm said:

Well I must say being new to the series never playing any of them this will be exciting to play I will purchase this day one. That’s why indies are just so thrilling to see and play because of all the different elements that go into there games as opposed to AAA games.

+ Darktoad666 on June 5th, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

Epic *0*

+ Crash2 on June 5th, 2014 at 4:38 pm said:

This is a classic for everyone that looking forward to it . I know I am.

+ Einhander138 on June 6th, 2014 at 4:04 am said:

Hope there’s a physical version.

No disc – no sale.

+ RulitoCR on June 6th, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

I really want this game! Is one of those game that I crossed my fingers for a long time waiting for an HD remasterization and last year was finally announced… I hope that the release date is really really close!

+ paulogy on June 6th, 2014 at 11:13 am said: