No Man's Sky

E3 2014 App Live on PS4, Download Now

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jun 06, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s almost time for E3, arguably the gaming industry’s biggest annual event. E3 is one of my favorite conferences of the year, but unfortunately it’s not a show most of our fans can attend. This year we thought we’d make it a little easier to get a taste of the experience with our new E3 2014 app on PS4.

Through this app you’ll be able to watch our E3 press conference live from the comfort of your couch (or hammock, if you’re really cool). Once we’ve announced everything at the press conference and the show floor opens on June 10th at 12pm PDT, you’ll be able to check out some screenshots and trailers of the games at our booth. You’ll also see some other things we’ll be unveiling, and an overview of our current and future services, like PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now.

PlayStation E3 App

PlayStation E3 AppPlayStation E3 App

This app isn’t just for browsing though — you can also unlock some perks by using the app. To start, there are gold and silver challenges you can complete in the app that will grant you up to 250 Sony Rewards points – these points will be available to unlock until June 24th. You can get other goodies through the app too, including an Amazon Prime 30-day trial and a Music Unlimited 30-day trial. For the early birds out there, during the show we’ll have 6,000 invites per day for the PlayStation Now Private Beta on PS4, starting June 10th at 12pm PDT. Make sure to log in early to secure your invite!

The E3 2014 app for PS4 is available now, so go download it to be ready to go for our press conference on June 9th at 5:45pm PDT. If you’d like to know more specifics, you can check out this FAQ thread on our PlayStation Forums.

+ CrispyCanuk on June 6th, 2014 at 11:00 pm said:

@CommandingTiger Physical games in a store costing $10 more is one thing, the store has to pay an exchange rate, I can understand that (although they never lower prices when our $ goes up but the second it goes down BAM). This $10 makes absolutely no sense on a digital download however, there is no increased costs. It is a grubby move.

+ TheBigTen-Shadow on June 6th, 2014 at 11:58 pm said:

Thanks for getting me all hyped for this app Kristine only to bring me right back down. I guess i’ll have to wait for the blog.ca,playstation.com or you put in bold letters For US Only on all the cool stuff that I cant get.

+ oPR3CiSiONx on June 7th, 2014 at 3:02 am said:

Typical of Playstation. Give the US what they want and forget the rest of the world. Poor.

+ oo7PorscheMGS on June 7th, 2014 at 5:28 am said:

Do you guys read before you complain???? You can still watch e3 right here on the ps blog, AND you can also create a USA account even if you live elsewhere. Google it and stop acting like brats, especially because it’s not Sony’s fault Canada has different rules/regulations….. oh, and the UK people complaining? E3 will be at 2am your time. Watch it on the ps blog if you must..they’re not going to make a uk app for the few people who will be up at 2am just to watch it live. You guys can ALSO create US accounts if the ps blog / twitch / gametrailers etc etc etc. isnt enough for you………

+ schena97 on June 7th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

I’m Italian and I think it is shameful that you have brought out this app only for U.S. users, your opponents from this point of view have done much better.

+ Trey2k16 on June 7th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

Yea I didn’t want to watch E3 on my ps3 -_-!!!!!

+ darren_poolies on June 7th, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

EU???

+ Heero727 on June 7th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

Soooooo.glad…I didn’t think they could make an spp better than the PS app but this took the cake !!! Proud of my launch day console! !!

+ Shedagilos on June 7th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

So…this is where you stop supporting the PS3 by not letting us have an E3 App! To add insult to injury, no E3 virtual booth in PS Home as well. Are u people outside your mind!!! :( Thanks alot Sony. When greatness comes to the PS4 (CD playback, mp3/mp4, DLNA), I will buy one!

+ KISH1975 on June 7th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

this is pathetic another bs us only app , verge of selling my ps4 just the facts that you morons keep making games for last gen so there is no incentive to buy a ps4 lol .

+ ejike24 on June 7th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

For anyone going to see in the theater, there is to be a special gift for the attendees. I’m hoping its a Playstation Now Access code.

+ Rezolution77 on June 7th, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

@110 the app is PS4 only, so it is bot exactly supporting last gen.

From gossip E3 is going to focuse more on PS4, tather than last gen., or even Vita.

And it could all have been solved if they made last gen digital titles availaable on the new gen.
I woud have bought one already.

C’mon Sony.
Add that, and my MP3 playablility.

+ KILLED_by_ZACK on June 7th, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

It’s time for Sony to actually start giving us some Greatness after the mediocrity and empty promises we’ve been getting so far with PS4.

+ KILLED_by_ZACK on June 7th, 2014 at 2:57 pm said:

More investment in the PS4 through optimization to match the improvements DX12 will give Microsoft on Xbox One, first party support and investment in truly great games, a better Playstation Plus experience than the crap we’ve been getting for the past few months, a new UI, HBO GO, Youtube App, Flash support so I can actually use the internet browser, DLNA… make me feel a little bit better about the PS4 I bought. Everywhere I look I see Microsoft pumping serious resources into bettering the Xbox, while Sony leaves us to just take what we get.

+ oo7PorscheMGS on June 7th, 2014 at 7:40 pm said:

I just want to say it one more time… ;)

+ Jmes99 on June 7th, 2014 at 8:27 pm said:

Not available for Canadians? Not cool, not cool at all.

+ Zephram on June 7th, 2014 at 8:27 pm said:

@115

I’m assuming it’s illegal for a Canadian citizen to create a U.S. account, and I’d rather not risk being banned.
As far as the CRTC is concerned, I doubt approval is required for such a limited use app

+ M0v1ng_T4RG3T_- on June 7th, 2014 at 11:29 pm said:

Is Puerto Rico considered in the US only? Because i know we are a territory of US.
So i don’t know if you guys are not considering us like most websites.

+ ZeGecko on June 8th, 2014 at 1:46 am said:

I personally love 3D (oh my gosh Trine 2 looks gorgeous in 3D on the PS4!) and can’t wait to hear about Project Morpheus!

The app looks amazing! But I really loved the E3 space in Home, I have fond memories of past E3s like if I was there, I’m disappointed there won’t be an E3 space this year in Home :(

+ War_Machida on June 8th, 2014 at 2:33 am said:

How should I spent those Sony Rewards points, since I already made one “PS digital products” purchase? It’s kinda pointless since I already have 1100+ points and there’s nothing to do with them.

+ operules123 on June 8th, 2014 at 3:06 am said:

So what time does it start in Australia, I’m confused because this is in the U.S.

+ King-Blerim on June 8th, 2014 at 3:25 am said:

Is this E3 app Available in in Sweden ??? Please give me an answer

+ scoop2500 on June 8th, 2014 at 4:23 am said:

Not happy that the US yet again get,s treated better than their UK/European counterparts.The PS 4 app should be made available to all user,s.For the E3 event.That should include all applications.I guess we will have to remain 2nd best user,s

+ TJF588 on June 8th, 2014 at 5:57 am said:

Count me as disgruntled that there won’t be a PlayStation Home event this year! PS4 may be your new hotness, but you’re still gonna be showcasing PS3 materials (and supposedly Vita, ghost it is), so I say we should see some actn! I’m always one to go through the events for all my housemembers (an exhausting process, to be sure), so it feel like there’s an emptiness on the plebeian “last-gen” front.

+ oates1969 on June 8th, 2014 at 6:36 am said:

got my code yesterday , games are not to bad but around 15-20 so far , overall the service seems to work very well..but an ethernet connection is needed as i dont think wifi works well…any one know what time is pacific in region to est time? is it 3 or 1 hour behind..?i live in ohio

+ Xx-L3m1r-xX on June 8th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

the PS Now is very good

+ Tchanku on June 8th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Cool.

+ oo7PorscheMGS on June 8th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

@121

And @ 125

I suggest Googling “Google”, it’s a beautiful thing ; ) Cue Brad Paisley’s “Welcome To The Future” :P

+ Matrix_Lion on June 8th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

App not on PS3 no problem, PS4 coming soon.

+ chibuki on June 8th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

For the Sony Rewards progress bar, do you have to watch the Sony conference LIVE for at least 30 minutes or will it show replay and I can do that then? Since I’ll be watching it on the theater, I will miss out on the 100 points because of this.

+ xXtheicon67Xx on June 8th, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

OK SO WILL OTHER REGIONS GET THIS TO BECAUSE IF NOT IM QUTING PLAYSTAION BECAUSE 1- PS4 CANT PLAY CDS 2- YOUR HELP LINE IS REALLY DUMB AND 3- WE GOT TO WAIT FOR SOME STUFF LIKE DO SOMETHING ALL OF US OTHER REGIONS IS GOING TO QUIT PLAYSTION FOR GOOD -_-

+ mxlemley16 on June 8th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

they need to put wwe on the playstion now

+ stoprockmovie on June 8th, 2014 at 1:52 pm said:

TORO!

I love that Toro is the guide for the app. He’s been more present in the US over the last couple years, and I’d love to see him elevated to mascot status like he is in Japan.

+ Kasaix on June 8th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

Is there going to be a PS Home E3 event this year?

+ Gamemotoman on June 8th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

I can not wait for E3 2014 live the sony press conference.
I so can not really wait for E3 2014 live.

+ AndySAAN92 on June 8th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

why in the description does it talk about a one time fee????

+ Reshiram25 on June 8th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

I see it but cant download it

+ Reshiram25 on June 8th, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

@Bunu00 i just check its running on “Mozilla 5″

+ Pug505GR on June 8th, 2014 at 4:33 pm said:

Why is this app US only. There’s other parts of the world that are interested in E3 too. Very poor form.

+ manuelito_MG on June 8th, 2014 at 4:35 pm said:

Are we going to be able to download games we bought on ps3 via ps store on ps4 cause its no way im spending 60 all over again

+ Ace-Kinq on June 8th, 2014 at 4:54 pm said:

Will I be able to watch the conference on this app later if I’m unable to watch it live?

+ Raoyao on June 8th, 2014 at 6:23 pm said:

Pretty Sad that you guys left us Canadians out of this.

+ Jerel on June 8th, 2014 at 6:36 pm said:

You know what would be awesome? If the App used Playstation Now to let us play the E3 Demos.

+ StrokeMyHodorr on June 8th, 2014 at 6:46 pm said:

Y no europe? We here in the Netherlands want to see the E3 too you know

+ Hamisaces1 on June 8th, 2014 at 8:04 pm said:

How about in the UK?

+ acejas1969 on June 8th, 2014 at 9:23 pm said:

how do i get this app i cant find it anywere im in uk so should be able to get it or is it not available here is so thats really unfair of you sony u get us to buy the consoles and games so everyone should be able to get this ap too

+ medenko1975 on June 8th, 2014 at 10:57 pm said:

Just make an US account, it’s not illegal and you won’t get banned.

+ LaserBuns on June 9th, 2014 at 2:09 am said:

Forget it medenko, they’re too dumb to figure it out.

+ medenko1975 on June 9th, 2014 at 2:51 am said: