Bloodborne

Planetside 2 PS4 Update

Matt Higby's Avatar + Posted by Matt Higby on Jun 06, 2014 // Creative Director, PlanetSide 2

Greetings from the PlanetSide 2 team! We’ve had a busy start to 2014 with tons of progress being made on the PS4 version of PlanetSide 2! Getting the world’s largest FPS experience to the console is no small feat, and we have an incredibly talented, hard-working team dedicated to the cause.

Each day is a flurry of playtests, reviews, brainstorming, check-ins, and more playtesting for good measure; the progress we’ve made over the last few months has been amazing to watch.

Planetside 2

Now the team is looking forward to an exciting summer full of events and reveals, kicking off this month at E3 and MLG Anaheim (June 20th through 22nd) with the very first hands-on playable version of PlanetSide 2 on PS4! We absolutely can’t wait for you to experience the epic scale and intensity of PlanetSide 2.

One of the best things about working on a game like PlanetSide 2 is that it’s a living, evolving game that’s constantly being updated and improved upon. In addition to work being done for PS4, the team is working on a lot of content and game systems enhancements to the live game. Some of the biggest features we’re excited to deliver in the next few months are: Hossin, our fourth full 64sqkm continent, an advanced achievement system called Directives, player-driven continent conquest/locking, and expansions to our game’s Outfits systems.

The best part? These new features will be implemented on both the PC and PS4 versions of the game, and new features and content will continually be added to the game for years to come. And did I mention, all this for a free-to-play title out of the gate — no PlayStation Plus required.

So, check out our new art, buckle up, and get ready. PlanetSide 2 is coming to PS4, and we can’t wait for you to see what all the hype is about!

Share your best war stories on Twitter or Facebook.

24 Comments

+ TYruler50 on June 6th, 2014 at 6:13 am said:

When will it release?

+ GrafUlrich88 on June 6th, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

Hey Matt,

I’m very excited for this game! It’s my most anticipated game for the PS4. Please consider creating avatar pictures and themes for the PS4. Also another idea is provide a variety of stuff for the Share Factory.

Cheers!!!

Graf

+ Myne4life on June 6th, 2014 at 6:21 am said:

How about a teaser, been waiting a good while for some footage super excited about planetside!

+ rmellison on June 6th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

This is exciting for us PS4 Gamers & Thanks for the commitment! Is this going to playable at E3? What has been the most exciting part about bringing your game to the PS4? This will be my very first play on Planetside 2 when we receive it on PSN…. can’t wait!

+ soul-drunk on June 6th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

wow still no release date, this was originally supposed be a laucnh title then got moved to the end of the year(2013) then got moved to summer this year and now we still dont have a release date….that’s just dumb….At least give a teaser trailer or something, this game has not been shown once running on a ps4…..I would be extremely surprised if it actually comes out this year. Getting sick of all these ps4 game delays

+ CoolCrushKilla on June 6th, 2014 at 6:59 am said:

I am also sick of all the game delay’s. Every game is being delayed till 2015. I cant wait till there sales crash because no one can afford to buy a $60 game every week! My max is like 6 games a year @ $60. I don’t know many gamers or friends of mine that by even 6 a year! They need to spread them out more and need to get us something for the PS4 now. I haven’t even played on my PS4 in over a month because there is nothing to do on it.

+ Tomoprime on June 6th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

All we want to hear is a release date? How many E3’s does it take to get an officially release?

+ GeoDarky on June 6th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

My most anticipated game on PS4 i can’t bloody wait for it to launch, keep up the good work SOE

+ V8_R3L3NTL3SS_1 on June 6th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

Free to play lol, nothing is free in life. Look at warframe if you want to be competitive get ready to fork out some money to buy the ingame currency to upgrade whatever needs upgrading.

+ Elvick_ on June 6th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

Assumed it wouldn’t require PS+. Always nice to have it confirmed though.

@9: Not sure what your point is, because you don’t use punctuation properly. If you’re saying Warframe’s F2P is bad… then… being competitive? In a primarily co-op game? Yeah… okay. You don’t need to spend any money to enjoy Warframe.

+ DaMann22 on June 6th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Many of my Quantum Dawn guys are ready to teach you console gamers how real large scale is done! We cannot wait to #MakeWarStories with you guys as VS against the TR/NC.

@9: Many in my outfit have sunk hundreds of hours into this game and never bought a single thing. It’s done with Planetside much more than you think.

+ technidave on June 6th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

Meh.

+ T3DDY_173 on June 6th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

+ V8_R3L3NTL3SS_1 on June 6th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

reply = dude, warframe is 100% its a grinding game. play levels and more and more and u can buy blueprints, collect items for it,a nd build it.

+ T3DDY_173 on June 6th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

also if u want videos about PLANET SIDE 2, just search utube, the game is out on the pc…

+ Henesuo on June 6th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

Most important thing to me, and I assume many more, does this have a split-screen multiplayer? It would be a time to bring first good split-screen multiplayer shooter to the PS4 so I can have a lot more fun with real person sitting next to me playing together!

+ trexpert on June 6th, 2014 at 1:47 pm said:

Will the PC/PS4 universe be connected? IE if I’ve been playing off and on on SOE servers from my PC can I flip over to the PS4?

+ NiTeShAdE83 on June 6th, 2014 at 5:17 pm said:

Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm but the fact that it’s still “coming soon” bothers me. If the game is going to be playable at E3 why can’t it launch that week. Why make us wait longer. At this rate you will lose players to the Destiny beta.

+ thholyghst on June 6th, 2014 at 10:12 pm said:

Its awesome you guys are working on a live pc game of this scale while bringing it to PS4. I’ll play a lil more on pc and maybe I’ll be a lil more ahead of the curve when it comes to PS4 ~_^

Will the Directives translate to trophies??

+ flame933 on June 6th, 2014 at 11:08 pm said:

Heard this game is P2W. Anyone know if it is?

+ flame933 on June 6th, 2014 at 11:09 pm said:

@ trexpert No it wont be.

+ alphagoku1 on June 7th, 2014 at 12:18 am said:

i totally agree with the people upset about the delays, to say theres been development up to years ahead of this system, the delays are completely outrageous and uncalled for, these arent entry level developers, and definitely not new to the business, its shameful to say that theres such an unreliable schedule on these kinds of things, especially when more often than not, theres pre-releases on other consoles and we have to wait so long just to get ports

+ theGstar305 on June 7th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

YES! I love this game, it coming to PS4 is SO awesome, I almost died. One question, will Remote Play be supported? If it is I think my PS4 and Vita might explode from how much I’ll play this. Keep up the good work SOE!

+ CommandingTiger on June 8th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

This game is huge.
How about H1Z1? Will it have a PS4 release date the same time as the PC version?

+ Chris72Lynch on June 9th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

Another official Coming Soon™ game.