LittleBigPlanet 3

Soul Sacrifice Delta Updated With New Content on PS Vita

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Jun 06, 2014 // Producer, SCEA

Hi everyone. As some of you may have noticed, the time has come for the first free content update (version 1.20) for Soul Sacrifice Delta. I hope everyone has updated the game to version 1.20, my fellow sorcerers!

But first, let’s take a look at some brand new content that is dropping today. They’ve come all the way from Toukiden: The Age of Demons to bring you destruction and chaos, so please give them a warm welcome.

Today’s DLC adds the “Otherworld Pacts” to the “Additional Pacts” section, with 6 new quests featuring the fiery “Chthonian Fiend” and the sparky “Abyssal Fiend.”

Soul Sacrifice DeltaSoul Sacrifice Delta

They’ve not come empty handed either (that would just be rude), for they’ve each brought a couple of offerings with them. Those spells are yours to keep should you be strong enough to defeat these mighty beasts.

And we’re not forgetting the more fashion conscious of you, with the Mononofu costume (for her and for him) thrown in for good measure.

Soul Sacrifice DeltaSoul Sacrifice Delta

So once you’ve downloaded the 1.20 version update, make sure that you hit the “DOWNLOAD” button on the title screen and get the free Toukiden: Age of Demons DLC.

As you know, the first update was released yesterday. Let’s do a quick recap of what you get when you install it, shall we?

First, a Soul Sacrifice update wouldn’t be complete without a new Archfiend so, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Bahamut!

Soul Sacrifice DeltaSoul Sacrifice Delta

Bahamuts are complex creatures: though very elusive, they will simply not show up without another Archfiend in the vicinity. So be prepared if one invites itself to one of your quests as the reward for defeating it and completing the quest will be worth the effort indeed!

Speaking of quests, we’ve added the Additional Pact VI, which brings the usual set of 3 new quests.

Next, we’ve got a new chapter to the Avalon Sorcerous Deeds: introducing The Reaper.

If you thought some of the sorcerer’s tales were heart breaking, wait until you hear the Reaper’s story. Let’s just say it’s not called “The Reaper’s Gloom” for nothing… Note: The Reaper set includes 4 story chapters, Ally potential, Soul and/or Life Essence and a rather tasteful costume.

Last but by no means least, we have a very special present for the hardcore JRPG fans out there. We’re going way back to the early PlayStation days with a set of raiment and accessories inspired by the Dream Chasers of Wild Arms! We’ve got 3 costumes: Lady Harken, Knight Blazer and Drifter, plus a bunch of head gear, including Hanpan himself!

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Naturally, we’ve also made a number of adjustments to the game balance, improved a few things in the game interface and made a fair few bug fixes of course.

Okay, that should keep you busy for a while. Enjoy the new free content and stay tuned for more updates for Soul Sacrifice Delta, the game that keeps on giving.

29 Comments

+ Mando44646 on June 6th, 2014 at 7:01 am said:

Free DLC is always cool! I loved the first Soul Sacrifice, but I just cant bring myself to pay full price for a large DLC add-on. I’m eagerly awaiting a sale price to pick this game up :D

+ AriesWarlock on June 6th, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

Clicking on the Bahamut and Reaper pics give me a 404 image not found error.

Bahamut and Reaper look sick. Is there a website with all sort of images and wallpapers and whatnot?

+ Seeing_Red_Again on June 6th, 2014 at 7:11 am said:

I’d like to see a Soul Sacrifice game on PS4

+ erapago on June 6th, 2014 at 7:13 am said:

I’ve been having a wonderful time with the game. Thanks for localizing and continuing to support it with free content updates.

+ Malkavilis on June 6th, 2014 at 7:23 am said:

Wow! Such amazing support! We need more developers like this for Vita!

I still have many things to do on the original Soul Sacrifice before buy Delta, but with all the good things i am seeing and reading, i am tempting to buy Delta very soon!

Congratulations for the hard work and thank you for this amazing game!

+ TeamGreen615 on June 6th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

I’m still disappointed there is not a retail version for Soul Sacrifice Delta in North America.

+ Maverick_fox1 on June 6th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

Saw the trailer on my suscription feed and just came here to say Thank you, loving the game [:

+ Elvick_ on June 6th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

I wish there had been a retail release or you would do one. I want to play it, but I refuse to support retail games being localized as digital only. Will have to wait or it to drop to $10 or less now.

My disappointment in SCEA as a publisher grows with each Vita snub like this.

+ Sharingan_itachi on June 6th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

I’m loving the updates, thank you! :)

+ RoII_chan on June 6th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Those DLC costumes are awesome!!!! my favorites so far!
Also those new Toukiden costumes omg, I love Toukiden too =)

Where can we check the upgrades you did to the spells? =)

+ Rezolution77 on June 6th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

@1 & 9, Agreed.

Almost bought the original , but waited for Killzone Merc. Then, almost picked it up during one of your sales, but chose other titles instead.
Now I am playing it free, and will wait for a sale to buy the full game.

Not a bad game, but though it needed better character developement, skills, techs.
Has alot of potential.

+ Rezolution77 on June 6th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

And upsetting some other titles for this genre were not imported first.

+ StealthReborn– on June 6th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Hi Kumi,

Can you explain why when people buy the NA version and live in NA the trophies are in Japanese and not English?

Thanks for any help. =)

+ emordecai2000 on June 6th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Got it and it is worth the price!

+ Elvick_ on June 6th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

BTW and most importantly…

Wild Arms 6 please. Vita or PS4. Don’t care. I just need one. Preferably with Wild Arms 3 art design, and it’s battle system merged with Ni no Kuni (manual movement~). D;

+ Sorahl213 on June 6th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

So glad I bought this for trip to Puerto Rico! Started it on the car ride over to the airport, and I’ve been looking for every excuse to go back in my free time. It’s such a great game! The amazing support has made me a very happy fan with my purchase. Will definitely keep going back to this beauty of a game that only cost $35.99. More than worth the purchase.

+ jchill001 on June 6th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

@Seeing_Red_Again just buy a vita, you wont regret it

+ RoII_chan on June 6th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

@1 I have been playing delta for more than 90 hours, do you think thats just a “large dlc add-on” and I did transfer my save from the original game so I didnt play the first part of the game or you could add 30-40 more hours to that time.

Delta is extremely good, it worth the price cent by cent.

+ NinjaMicWZ on June 6th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

Importing the English language Asia release… so no DLC for me, sadly. Physical release for a semi-1st party exclusive in the US would have been nice.

+ saifiq on June 6th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

Now I dont feel regret for not buying the R3 physical copy!! As always free epic DLCs from Soul Sacrifice =), now I’m 100% sure for SS 2 !!

+ pizzatoto on June 6th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

Why i have only Bahamut and the Knight Blazer and Drifter but i don’t have the Toukiden Archfiend and outfits??

+ Hakumen__ on June 6th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

I have mixed opinions about getting this game:

-On one hand, during Sony’s summer sale this game could easily go down to 50% it’s regular price.
-On the other hand, its predecessor has not only already been part of PS Plus, but also its price has gone below $10.00.

I certainly know I would have bought a retail limited/collector’s edition, just like I have been buying the ones from Nisa’s games, just for the artbook.

But for a digital only game, specially one that occupies so much memory card space, I’m definitely not paying more than $20, to balance out memory card costs.

+ RoII_chan on June 6th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

When are these DLC gonna be available?

+ divineLite on June 6th, 2014 at 6:26 pm said:

For the love of SONY, please give us Japanese voiceover DLC
Even right now I still play Neptunia in English even with Japanese voice, so it’s not like I don’t like English voice, but playing all chapters in Soul Sacrifice in Japanese before, it’s hard to keep playing them in English now

on other note, I really surprised you get Knightblazer!!!!!
oh how the memory

+ joanxharold on June 6th, 2014 at 7:22 pm said:

Japanese voiceover DLC pls pls pls

+ waverlock on June 6th, 2014 at 8:04 pm said:

Wonderful news!!! Thats the post that SSD deserves!

I would to see the patch-notes of this update! Can you share where it is located!

Congratulate the team for this great game.

+ SableMarius on June 7th, 2014 at 12:25 am said:

@8 Agreed.
As much as I would like to get this game, I’m not paying for a digital only copy. Honestly, when it comes to AAA titles like this, in my opinion, it’s physical or bust.

+ exjraordinary on June 7th, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

@27 I agree. And funny enough im buying the english version from playasia.com coming in june/july. I love how this and child of light have physical versions in japan but we get nothing. Like god eater 2, lord of apocalypse, hollow fragment, dbz, etc. e3 better have more to announce.

Hopefully at e3 they announce soul sacrifice delta limited edition with art book. And should have gotten own custom console like toukiden did in japan.

+ MarshMarlou on June 9th, 2014 at 11:11 pm said: