GTAV PS4

Resogun: New Modes, Ship Editor, and More Coming This Month

Mikael Haveri's Avatar + Posted by Mikael Haveri on Jun 09, 2014 // Housemarque

Great news everyone — the humans are back!

The explosive PS4 launch title, RESOGUN, is finally getting more content in the form of the Heroes expansion and a complimentary patch.

RESOGUN: Heroes will introduce two brand new modes: ‘Survival’‘ and ‘Demolition’. In essence, Survival is an endless mode that retains a lot of the core mechanics from the original Arcade mode. We switched up a few things, like scoring, and gave the humans parachutes as you can see in the image below.

#01 - 20140604-0146

The Day/Night cycle is another prominent feature of the new Survival mode. As you play, the varying time of day provides a great aesthetic and visual indicator, letting you know how far you have come.

#02 - 20140604-0179 #03 - 20140604-0152

Survival mode is for players who know they can always do a bit better. There are a lot of cool new things to learn while you take the ride, but as we intend to stay true to the arcade feeling, we will let you discover the twists yourself.

Demolition is my personal favorite, and a quantum leap from the original gameplay mechanics. “Arkanoid meets RESOGUN” is one way to sum it up.

#04 - 20140604-0129

Basically you get a “Wrecking Ball” that you manipulate to demolish all that gets in your way. That, plus a lot of special pickups that totally change the way the game kills you: multiball, extra balls, ball launching, ball level ups, (i.e. lots of balls) etc.

#05 - 20140604-0067#06 - 20140604-0095

Demolition has you watching out for not only the enemies coming at you, but also the chaotic bombardment of the unpredictable main weapon in the mode. Oh yeah, you can only move and your only weapon is a limited proximity explosion. No boost, overdrive, or bombs. TL;DR you will die a lot, it will be insanely fun and I cannot wait to see people throwing their controllers around.

In the patch we will have a lot of small fixes to improve the original game, new leaderboard and friend functions, and a lot more we will explain in greater detail later. On top of all this, all RESOGUN owners will get the Ship Editor and the Local Coop mode for free!

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

Sounds too good to be true, but we felt like these needed to be a part of the core RESOGUN experience, so therefore patching them in for free seemed like the proper way to go.

The patch will go live for everyone on June 23rd. The Heroes expansion will go live on June 24th, and the full price will be $4.99.

We are also providing an option for you to buy a season pass that includes the Heroes expansion pack, and will let you be the first to download more game add-ons that we’re developing, as soon as they’re released, at no extra cost.

Future expansions will add yet more game modes, along with a range of other content, additional Trophies, and the original soundtrack. The season pass is attractively priced at a lowly $7.99, which is simply a steal to ensure you have the full, definitive RESOGUN experience.

Lastly, if you don’t have RESOGUN, it will be $9.99 from June 24th to the July 7th, so why not just buy it all?

So that about covers it. The humans are back with a vengeance, and they’re greener than ever!

47 Comments

+ Malkavilis on June 9th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

Why not a Vita version of this game? It would be nice.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 9th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

Is there any mode where all you have to do is defeat enemies, and you don’t have to bother saving the humans? Maybe I just suck at it, but I constantly lose humans without ever knowing why I lost them. I don’t know if I’m the only one, but the game would be so much more fun without them. Or at least more intuitive messaging about what I actually need to do in order to save them.

+ Compeau on June 9th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

This will be the first Season Pass I ever buy. After getting the game for free on PS+ and having hours of fun (it’s still the best game on PS4), I’ll gladly pay for more Resogun.

+ Monkey_Driven on June 9th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Great, great news. The best launch game and a really fun platinum. Can’t wait to jump back into it.

+ Reluctant-Hero on June 9th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Local Co-op?! Thank you so much!

+ PanTheMan16 on June 9th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Bets PS4 game EVER. I haven’t enjoyed a lot of side-scrolling, soot-em-ups, but RESOGUN is a MASTERPIECE! My first PS4 plat and I can’t wait to play more!

+ tmquietman on June 9th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

I loved this game and Survival mode will be the perfect addition to feed my addiction.

As a side note you can remote play this on Vita, I set a high score it took me almost a month to beat.

+ xClayMeow on June 9th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Was hoping Resogun’s big E3 announcement was going to be a Vita version.

Boo!

+ Elvick_ on June 9th, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

Awesome, the season pass is a definite buy.

Still hope we eventually see a Resogun Delta on Vita. A new game like this for Vita would be amazing.

+ SmokeAdellic on June 9th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

Give me 3D and i will glady invest more into this game!

+ luckycreature on June 9th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

I’m buying the season pass. Feel like I owe you guys for the amazing time I had with the game as a plus member. Thanks! And arkanoid is one of my favorites so even better!

+ Crunchewy on June 9th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Hooray for local coop! But how is that going to work? I mean does it go split screen if you venture off in different directions?

+ Pecheneitor13 on June 9th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

I agree with SmokeAdellic, Resogun would be a great 3D game especially since the PS4 lacks 3D games.

+ fizitXP on June 9th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

Resogun is my favorite PS4 game but $5 for just two new modes is not worth it. I’ll probably buy the season pass when all the DLC is finished though.

+ Magnusaur93 on June 9th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Welp, consider me hooked.

+ Misbik on June 9th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Having gotten the game free through Plus and having thoroughly enjoyed it, I will definitely be picking up the season pass to support you, even though I typically avoid season passes like the plague :)

+ Husteen on June 9th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

finally! how many months have i waited for this? can’t wait to try it out =]

+ USRevenge2 on June 9th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

$8 for season pass is how it should be for every game!

+ shb23 on June 9th, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

3D please and thank you.

+ MikeyGunz0 on June 9th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

Can’t wait!!

+ Waho– on June 9th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

And just for you guys to know, I have already made the first ever p*nis ship in the ship editor, so there is no need for you to make any more of them! I named it “P-Wing” :)

+ tusunami on June 9th, 2014 at 1:29 pm said:

Wow I must say you guys know how to price a season pass and kudos to dropping the price for a week on the game. The season pass I will be buying that asap.

+ Guimace on June 9th, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

Day one for me. I absolutely love this game and I am confident the DLCs will deliver again. Cheers.

+ PenguinActual on June 9th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

*Detonates with excitement.*

+ gold_og_roger on June 9th, 2014 at 1:44 pm said:

Awesome support HouseMarque! Kudos for patching in local co-op and the ship editor as well! I look forward to going back and going for the platinum. I will show my support and buy the Season Pass for Resogun.

+ solidsteaktube on June 9th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

3D support would be huge. Please make that happen. I would pay extra just for that.

+ dodgedoors on June 9th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

I need to play more of this game. I ignored it largely because of a mega backload on ps3. Only put in about 6 hours. I will put in a lot more time when I buy the season pass. Here I come housemarque

+ fwiler on June 9th, 2014 at 2:38 pm said:

Can’t wait. This is the best news.
I do agree with another poster. I haven’t caught on to saving the humans, or at least I don’t get them most of the time, and would love to see a battle only mode. Maybe it’s my old age. I can’t keep up with all the action.

+ LOTR_Grimbold on June 9th, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

For those having difficulties saving all humans, there are at least two humans on every planet that are only released from their prisons if you have a certain multiplier bonus. For example on the first world, in the second stage, you must have a multiplier of no less than 5.0x. If you don’t have that much, the human is immediately killed and lays dead within his prison. Happy hunting.

Save the last human

+ plaztiksyke on June 9th, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

any word on 1080p 3DTV support or local co-op using the Vita as a cross-controller?

I’m drooling in anticipation for 1080p stereoscopic 3D games at 60fps. We loved playing Puppeteer, Arkham City, Sports Champions, and Child of Eden in stereoscopic 3D on PS3 — even at 720p 30fps. We need more 3D games for PS4 that take it to the next level!

+ sauveravzor on June 9th, 2014 at 5:21 pm said:

VITA GAMES NEED TO COME OUT!!!!!

+ CrispyCanuk on June 9th, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

Awesome stuff.

+ Einhander138 on June 9th, 2014 at 6:23 pm said:

I’ll happily buy this – when there’s a physical release. Otherwise, no sale.

+ Welmosca on June 10th, 2014 at 1:03 am said:

Awesome…I don’t even got my hands on the game yet and there are more great stuff being released for it already…pretty cool….Resogun is one of the few reasons for me to buy PS4.

+ Seluhir on June 10th, 2014 at 6:02 am said:

Resogun is absolutely incredible, and I’m glad to see more coming for it. May just buy the season pass for this.

+ m_Madruguinha08 on June 10th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Ok, so you guys already made Resogun the most addictive game ever, and also my favorite PS4 till now. And now you come give us more content, an even more addicting mode, and ship editor, all for 7.99?! How can I possibly say no?! It’s not even fair… I’LL BUY IT ALL!!!

+ supvic on June 11th, 2014 at 10:21 pm said:

I’ll only buy if it has 3D support, just look at the voxel explosions, this game was made for 3D.

+ nick21396 on June 12th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

Sounds amazing! I’m def buying that season pass

+ InfiniteSkylandr on June 12th, 2014 at 5:54 pm said:

Resogun and Flower seem to be the only fun indies out right now.:( SO excited for this season pass!!!!!!
We are assassins, and THIS is our creed.

+ Crash5677 on June 13th, 2014 at 4:06 am said:

They should put a level with only boss battles

+ puchopr15 on June 13th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

Awesome but what about a 3d mde i used to spend hours playing super star dust hd if you guys would make a 3d mode for us 3d gamers i would definitely buy it even thou im getting the season pass

+ shadowstryker on June 13th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Yes add 3D support.This game was made for it

+ UseLinux on June 14th, 2014 at 3:12 am said:

Great news. I love this game!

+ weve001 on June 14th, 2014 at 4:22 pm said:

Keep your multiplyer above 4 and you wont loose any humans unexpectedly

+ B-b-b-boyo on June 16th, 2014 at 5:17 pm said:

Way too excited for Survival Mode!

AND A SHIP EDITOR? We KH2 now, gummy ship HOOOOOOO!!!!

+ swim2fast4u on June 19th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

is this like a add on or a full game??? If it i a game ps plus members should get it like they got the last one

+ BAD-WAYNE on June 20th, 2014 at 5:50 pm said:

thank you very much for the local co-op. Do you think a 3d mode and Vita version is possible? This game would look amazing in 3d and a Vits version would definitely be appreciated .