Far Cry 4

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Coming to PS4

Sakura Minamida's Avatar + Posted by Sakura Minamida on Jun 10, 2014 // Senior Product Manager, Square Enix

Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

I’d like to start this out by thanking everyone who let us know how badly you wanted this game to come to North America. Ever since the original PlayStation Portable release in Japan, you guys have never given up on it, raising your voices in an effort to see this title come to North America and Europe. Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s coming and it’s going to be in HD.

Stay tuned for more details in the future.

1,480 Comments

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15 30

+ I_Be_Trollin_69 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:26 pm said:

@591 There is no profit if they piss on the gamers and we decide to boycott Sony and Square Enix, PlayStation isn’t life or do we need it to survive, there are many different platforms and systems that can easily fill our gaming need. I decide who I support and give my money to.

+ iamsuperjlee on June 10th, 2014 at 5:28 pm said:

We need vita support!

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:28 pm said:

WE BELIEVE YASUMI MATSUNO
WE MESSIAH

+ Alenth26 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:29 pm said:

This is why people pirate games lol

+ pedroyjuan005 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:30 pm said:

if you want see my money,i want see a version of ff type 0 for ps vita

+ DissidiaSR21 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:30 pm said:

About time ^-^
all the FF13 games suck.

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:30 pm said:

MEANS TYPE0 NO VITA = NINTENDO REGION CODE

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:32 pm said:

FF13 IS CRUELY DISASTER

+ khermann4 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:33 pm said:

INSTANTNOBUY

+ rabidninjamonky on June 10th, 2014 at 5:33 pm said:

If you guys are going to delete comments, shouldn’t they be from the first page? Those comments are all invalid now. I’m still amazed that during the biggest gaming event of the year, the only new vita game announced was Grim Fandango. Has anyone under 35 even heard of Grim Fandango? Don Mesa was right about the vita after all. #novitanobuy

+ StalkerDolg on June 10th, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

Announced the Type-0 for the PS4? But why not for the PS Vita? This game is not suitable scale for stationary consoles, mobile game is pure. And why you do not want to promote their new portable console? On PS Vita facing almost no games! You have disappointed many fans. Everyone was waiting for the release of it on this platform. P.S. I’m already starting to think about selling my PS Vita. It is not what to play. This console is dead, you kill it yourself, and do not even try to save the situation.

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

SEAL – TRAVELERS OF DESTINY- IS PERFECT ATB BATTLE SYSTEM GAME

+ mwolfizcool on June 10th, 2014 at 5:36 pm said:

Wow, scummy dirtbag move Square Enix

You listening to all your fans calling your BS?

+ rolly3 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:38 pm said:

This Exclusive vita gamer sayz: no justice no peace!! No vita! No buy!!

+ MorfiTM on June 10th, 2014 at 5:38 pm said:

So let’s sum it up:
2011 – the game is released in Japan
2012 – SE cancels their plans to release it in the west for PSP after admitting that the localisation is nearly done.
2012 – Operation Suzaku begins – asking to release (beside other games) Final Fantasy Type-0 to the West. The platforms considered are: PSP, PS VITA, PS3, PS4.
2013: Phil Rodgers responds to Operation Suzaku and tells that he will push SE to release Final Fantasy Type-0
2013: Shahid starts the action $JRPGVita. When the action ends Type-0 is in the top 5 most mentioned games.
Earlier today: It’s announced that a HD version of the game will come out for PS VITA
A few moments after that: It’s changed to PS4 and One.

For those that tell us that many people who were vocal in pleading for the game never mentioned the platform: It was a PSP game – when Suzaku started many people said that it would be natural to release it on Vita as there were few games for the platform. They also didn’t mind the PSP version. Then the #JRPGVita kicked off and a while after the original message, Shahid tweeted that the release of Type-0 is the result of #JRPGVita. That’s why so many of us are feeling disgusted and hurt that it won’t be on Vita.

To be continued…

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

HOW TO VERY CHEAP KOREAN VERSION VITA?
SURFING RULIWEB USED MARKET BOARD

+ Rhodo— on June 10th, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

Very disappointed with the lack of a Vita version. I won’t buy your game now even when I do get a PS4.

+ MorfiTM on June 10th, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

Continuation of my comment from 5:38PM

To those who tell us to sock it and buy PS4 or use Remote Play: Remote Play on PS4 sucks. The console was released 6 months ago but the quality of it is poor. The other retort is connected to the earlier paragraph and says: “why should we give another $400, as we asked for the Vita version”.
I’ll be happy for many of my predecessors who have started Operation Suzaku that their work is done (when the game will be released – FFX HD Remaster was mentioned at E3 2011 if my memory is correct, and you all know when it was released). Nevertheless this little mishap was the straw that broke the camel’s back after the non-existent news on Vita during E3 2014 (if you will point to me +100 indies i will ask you simply: “and what Bend, Sony World Wide Studios, or many other Sony-owned studios showed for Vita?”).

+ Benzitor on June 10th, 2014 at 5:40 pm said:

F U S E

We won’t forget ( PSP gamer inside )

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

SEAL – TRAVELERS OF DESTINY- IS PERFECT ATB BATTLE SYSTEM GAME

+ Remmy8199 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:42 pm said:

Hnnnnng!!! Now this is some news for a change!!! Never thought old Squeenix would actually deliver on this one.

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:42 pm said:

SEAL – TRAVELERS OF DESTINY- IS PERFECT ATB BATTLE SYSTEM GAME.

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:43 pm said:

SEAL. – TRAVELERS OF DESTINY- IS PERFECT ATB BATTLE SYSTEM GAME.

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:44 pm said:

SEAL – TRAVELERS OF DESTINY- IS PERFECT ATB BATTLE SYSTEM GAME.-

+ Bleu_Skie on June 10th, 2014 at 5:45 pm said:

Nice one squenix. A nice surprise and a day one for me. Don’t worry about those that want it on vita. They want every game on vita. No matter what game it is, I see a “vita?” somewhere. You’ll survive without them I think lol. I see some hypocrites there as well. People who call those who complain about the quality of plus games whiners shouldn’t whine about not getting a specific game ported over. Take what they give you and be happy…. right?

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 5:45 pm said:

SEAL. – TRAVELERS OF DESTINY- IS PERFECT ATB BATTLE SYSTEM GAME,

+ Bleu_Skie on June 10th, 2014 at 5:46 pm said:

Awesome. Post #666 was mine. I win.

+ dave05driver on June 10th, 2014 at 5:46 pm said:

I not stop thu say, type 0 for ps vita

+ CapJSheridan on June 10th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

I was only going to buy it on Vita too, no buy on PS4, sorry

+ iamsuperjlee on June 10th, 2014 at 5:48 pm said:

Whats happening i thought vita will be getting highlights and support! #novitanobuy
#psvitaweneedsupport

+ Shizuoya on June 10th, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

Never thought I would see the day when Namco and SEGA would give more love to the Vita when people wanted to see Square-Enix deliever Type-0 for the Vita

+ d-velazqlamela on June 10th, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

Definitely not getting the game unless it’s on vita, it’s a matter of principle. People begged their hearts out in the #jrpgvita campaign for this game and SE rewards us with this travesty. I can’t believe I was naive enough to believe that Square Enix would give the vita more support if they bought the FFX HD port on it even when one of the game’s was digital only (and let’s face it vita memory cards are not cheap so they were as bad as SCEA when they made Soul Sacrifice Delta digital only).
#novitanobuy

+ mercado320 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:50 pm said:

Come on Sony, it is sad the way you see vita, no AAA exclusives in the E3, just the pathetic ps now, , because better you won’t give a headshot, so at least vita suffer less.

+ blakseed on June 10th, 2014 at 5:52 pm said:

Ps4 owners are happy. :)

+ antibolo on June 10th, 2014 at 5:54 pm said:

“I’d like to start this out by thanking everyone who let us know how badly you wanted this game to come to North America.”

Yes, we wanted it… ON VITA

+ dave05driver on June 10th, 2014 at 5:55 pm said:

Type-0 for the Vita

+ shureshot24 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:55 pm said:

Seriously! I don’t even want to play it anymore now. No Vita no thanks. Who wants to play a PSP game on a freaking console anyway. This is an insult to PS Vita owners it’s officially a 200$ paper weight. Thanks Sony for making me look like a fool for trusting you.

+ DissidiaSR21 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:55 pm said:

OMG everyone shut up crying. I rather play it on my ps4 anyways :)

+ stalemate666 on June 10th, 2014 at 5:57 pm said:

Wow Sony way to prove your head of the team to get games to vita is completely incompetent and you are completely ignoring the vita just when it has a chance to finally gain some freaking momentum.

It’s pretty said when you honestly believe you can do better then the people making decisions in multi billion corporations. Seriously I gave you guys alot of slack with how you were handing vita because of the 3DS price cut before vita launched and the ps4 launch but this is just pathetic.

Also I remember reading a Q&A where you guys said you made a mistake with the psp and diverted resources from it to ps3 at launch and you weren’t going to do that again a few years ago and now you do it 10 times worse then last time…

While I’m at it what the hell was with cancelling warrior’s lair (aka ruin)

+ GlitterBishounen on June 10th, 2014 at 5:57 pm said:

#novitanobuy

I will not buy this game if it is not on the Vita. Vita needs support. You’re telling me Sony can’t even be bothered to help SE port a PSP game to it? What a joke.

+ MartinC_UY on June 10th, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

I have a PS4 and a PSVITA, and you know what? #NOVITANOBUY

+ Benzitor on June 10th, 2014 at 6:02 pm said:

I join the group, seriously. I thought sony conference was a heartbreaking desappointment, but as a CORE PSP gamer and a devoted VITA gamer, this news is just a further insult to me. I should have boycotted the FFX/X2 compilation… just to see how SE would have recoup their budget in the west…

#NoVitaNoBuy

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 6:02 pm said:

BEST WAY VERY CHEAPEST VITA BUY? ->SURFING RULIWEB USED MARKET VITA BOARD

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 6:03 pm said:

BEST WAY VERY CHEAPEST VITA BUY? ->SURFING RULIWEB USED MARKET VITA BOARD.

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 6:04 pm said:

BEST WAY VERY CHEAPEST VITA BUY? ->SURFING RULIWEB USED MARKET VITA BOARD,

+ dave05driver on June 10th, 2014 at 6:05 pm said:

Type-0 for Vita

+ ninebre on June 10th, 2014 at 6:06 pm said:

BEST WAY VERY CHEAPEST VITA BUY? ->SURFING RULIWEB USED MARKET VITA BOARD’

+ Burley on June 10th, 2014 at 6:08 pm said:

If Sony won’t invest in Vita why should consumers?

+ bluki on June 10th, 2014 at 6:11 pm said:

My mind is always boggled when someone said the solution for playing games on Vita is remote play, what the freak? it’s not the same thing at all with playing games that’s actually running and made for the hardware, I have to double the effort for everything. assuming I have PS4 I have to keep the damn machine on so I can (stream and) play game on another hardware, not to mention it defeats the purpose of Vita as a portable machine.

+ DarkOne_PR on June 10th, 2014 at 6:12 pm said:

im a ps4 owner and im not happy about it bc the ppl who fought for this game its not getting it. A big FU to SE

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15 30