No Man's Sky

Lords of the Fallen Challenging Gamers at E3 2014

Tomasz Gop's Avatar + Posted by Tomasz Gop on Jun 11, 2014 // Executive Producer, CI Games

Lords of the Fallen

Have you ever talked to a game developer about what E3 is? I mean, apart from the fact that it’s the biggest industry event on the planet?

It lasts three days and the number of things that happen there usually take place over the course of many months. And then a switch flips once the Expo starts, you know? The devs work hard before the event to prepare for making the best impressions possible, to show what’s best in their games. Then when they get to LA, they put what they brought in front of the media and then it’s the editors’ turn to work around the clock to post up-to-date, relevant and interesting coverage. One would think this event is about developers and journalists, right? Well, no. It’s about you, the gamer.

Last year’s E3 was our first chance to show Lords of the Fallen to everyone. This time around it’s our first chance to let people actually play it themselves, because this year we will be giving hands-on PS4 demos (also PC) in the CI Games meeting room. That’s of course on top of all the live streams and demos that the dev team will be giving in the meantime.

Lords of the FallenLords of the Fallen

I’ve seen a lot of people actually wonder if Lords is a challenging game. Well, time to settle that this week. We will have some extra treats for anyone who defeats not only the Catacombs scenario that we’ve selected, but also the Champion boss that awaits right at the end of it. Whether it will be one person, or a hundred, we’ll see. Trust me – I am just as curious as you are. And if someone ends up craving more, there will be an additional boss to fight, just in case someone really has something to prove. Make no mistake, guys, we are doing this to get ready to show the hands-on demo to the public as soon as possible, and to show it in the best way possible – you are who we’re making this game for, after all!

You might also want to drop by the Concourse Hall that connects the Convention Center’s South and West Halls to check out the stained-glass-like window alley, all covered with Lords’ artwork. It’s not just any artwork – there will be at least one boss that we’ve never shown before. We wonder how much you guys will be able to figure out from these images – will anyone actually guess any of the unique features that these characters will have?

Lords of the Fallen

Oh, and last but not least, I’ve heard that a certain individual whose name start with an “H,” and whose face is all covered in tattoos, will be walking around the show floor and… No, he won’t be killing monsters, but if you’d like to shake his hand or take a picture, go right ahead. Just don’t expect him to talk too much or smile – I think he will feel a little shy in this modern world, you know? After all, all of this madness is about you – the gamers, and about our love for the heroes of our digital fairytales.

See you at E3!

13 Comments

+ Boyanime010 on June 11th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

This Game looks SO COOL

+ tusunami on June 11th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

Now this as well bloodbourne will be two games that I know that i will get when they come out. New rpg’s announced for next gen epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ AmishWarMachine on June 11th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

Can’t wait!

+ BlueBl1zzard on June 11th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

@Tusunami You have good taste my friend. I’m very much looking forward to those two myself.

+ mcghettoe on June 11th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

tryin too get in all day

+ argouru on June 11th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

If they’re offering prises for just beating a level and it’s boss, the game sounds rediculously hard. Think I’ll pass on this one like I did on Dark Souls 2. Games that make me break my controller trying to play them, no matter how beautiful in appearance, are a frustration best avoided for the sake of my self-esteem.

+ dizeeStL on June 11th, 2014 at 5:45 pm said:

^^prises
rediciously

yeah nobody cares that you are a woman and cant beat hard games.

+ InfectedGYPSY on June 11th, 2014 at 5:52 pm said:

@dizessStL

Look over to your right of the page. See the banner labeled ‘Comments’? Give that a read, and try to be nice.

+ Hogwild333 on June 11th, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

Your game looks cool, but I can’t handle hard games like Demon Souls and Dark Souls. If the game has an easy difficulty level then I will give it a try.

+ mcghettoe on June 11th, 2014 at 8:40 pm said:

let me in ill play mass effect 3 awsome kill zone diggin it right now loooorrds ooffff THE FALLEN N N N CANT WAIT

+ mcghettoe on June 11th, 2014 at 8:42 pm said:

SKYRIM also amazing

+ zingakun on June 12th, 2014 at 6:39 am said:

I consider Lords a system seller. I still don’t have a PS4, but I won’t be able to hold much longer when Lords is released.

+ argouru on June 13th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

So being a 41yo man with slowling reflexes and high blood pressure who enjoys games for the story and exploration more than a stressful challenge somehow makes me a woman? That’s… Some VERY creative logic, and I’ve met women who could literally break most men in half, so that’s another theory shot down. :(

As for this game, I really hope it has lower difficulty settings so that less lightning-fast-reflexes type of gamers like myself can enjoy it too. It looks great, visually and I would like the chance to play it without breaking a controller or getting hospitalized for rupturing something from stress.