PS4-The Order

E3 2014 LiveCast Day 3: What You’ve Missed

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 12, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

This is it! The last of our E3 LiveCast game previews, with a special emphasis on independently developed titles. Be sure to check out our day one and day two recaps to catch up on The Order: 1886, Destiny, Mortal Kombat X, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Homefront: The Revolution, Dead Island 2, Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and many, many more.

We’ll keep this list updated as our live segments are archived. Enjoy, and thanks for a great E3!

Guns Up!

Summary: Fast-paced RTS gameplay, units, special attacks

Murasaki Baby

Summary: Design, music, inspiration

Broforce

Summary: Live demo, destructible maps, four-player co-op, Brominator vs Brommando

Hohokum

Summary: Ghostly International-backed soundtrack, the weird and whimsical

Big Fest

Summary: Music lineup, festival simulation elements

Secret Ponchos

Summary: Old-school arcade action, eight player multiplayer on PS4

Shawn Layden

Summary: Grim Fandango, Mortal Kombat, press conference recap

John Koller

Summary: Project Morpheus, press conference recap

26 Comments

+ Robbie_G_lrish on June 12th, 2014 at 2:17 pm said:

Cool. Are we going to get coverage on Velocity 2X, Hyper Light Drifter, Axiom Verge, Not A Hero, and Hotline Miami 2?

+ Boyanime010 on June 12th, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

Wish we could download these videos on PS4 :/

+ spocar on June 12th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

I know that I am not the only one who was waiting for a new Crash Bandicoot game to be announced. Still the games look awesome.

+ hazelcabug on June 12th, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

Secret Ponchos would had been good if it will also be on Vita.

+ Fedast on June 12th, 2014 at 3:10 pm said:

Can’t wait to play Type-0 on my Vita!!

+ Rezolution77 on June 12th, 2014 at 3:40 pm said:

Please tell me that Guns Up will get a Vita release.

+ Rezolution77 on June 12th, 2014 at 3:42 pm said:

Sweet.

+ Rezolution77 on June 12th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

And Revolver your 8bit Awesome.
Just picked up Luftrausers, and look forward to BroForce very much.

You guys are really making great games with replay value.

+ Rezolution77 on June 12th, 2014 at 3:51 pm said:

Definately would have stuck $5 bucks in the arcade machine by now.

+ ChaseHammerJ on June 12th, 2014 at 5:53 pm said:

Im happy indie devs getting games out on consoles but cmon not a single AAA title for Vita.

Pathetic.

+ Samemind on June 12th, 2014 at 6:06 pm said:

I couldn’t redeem my E3 Experience code :(
I didn’t know there’d be a deadline, I was busy watching E3 :(
Why u do dis, Sony

+ TJF588 on June 12th, 2014 at 7:49 pm said:

*wee voice* yee! Some Vita showcasings! And there’s Hohokum again. Ah, I remember from the last (in both senses *tear*) PS Home E3 event…

+ gus_xl on June 12th, 2014 at 8:48 pm said:

@Samemind You received a code? I haven’t even got mine yet.

+ gus_xl on June 12th, 2014 at 8:54 pm said:

Forget my last comment, I was thinking of a different code. Move along.. move along..

+ reynolds-wrap1 on June 12th, 2014 at 9:06 pm said:

+ reynolds-wrap1 on June 12th, 2014 at 9:09 pm said:

I am so glad to see those Vita games. I am really forward to seeing an increase in Vita support from Sony. If not, Im already learning Japanese. Thank you Shuman-san.

+ Welmosca on June 13th, 2014 at 2:18 am said:

Secret Ponchos is the real deal…plus Phantom Poncho is so badass…what a nice game…wish it was coming to PS3….please somebody tell me there is a SP in it.

+ GGCAN on June 13th, 2014 at 4:43 am said:

Got the Alpha invite yesterday for Destiny and played with a couple of friends last night.

Sure have to say the graphics are amazing and for an Alpha still, there was NO lag only a couple of times that one of us got disconnected and had to get invited again.

I’ve never seen any other game that performs so well this early !

It’s a great game in my opinion and I’m not all that much into shooters.

Keep up the great work !

+ Mando44646 on June 13th, 2014 at 5:35 am said:

Something other than Indies on Vita please! I didn’t spend $300 on a mobile console to play more expensive versions of games I could already play on Steam or Android

+ zirocrath on June 13th, 2014 at 6:05 am said:

I’ve played Flash games that look better and are actually free…

If you’re not going to put REAL, hardcore games on it. At least put some good apps… it only has 3 and one is 5 dollars calculator!!

At least redesign the browser, which is a crap, so I can at least put my vita on ebay “on the go”…

+ MakoSoul on June 13th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

Hyped for Hohokum and Secret Ponchos!

+ TAG_Smiley on June 13th, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

Aaawwweee ._.

+ Mintblend_44321 on June 13th, 2014 at 3:50 pm said:

Sony should resurrect Warriors Lair and just release it to the Vita. It was in development for a while. Way let it go to waste.

+ Aliothale on June 14th, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

My PS+ just ran out.. not sad..

I buy a ton of content for the Vita.. but enough is enough.

I feel like Sony doesn’t give enough love to the Vita. I still want a GTA and Battlefield for it. Maybe bring Socom back? The PS1 releases are weak as hell, still waiting on something good like Tony Hawk and Dave Mirra, how about GTA 1 and 2?

New PS+ changes are lame, not rebuying.

+ Aliothale on June 14th, 2014 at 5:52 pm said:

I would kill for a EA Skate 1-3 remake on the Vita.

Also, SteamBoy. I will probably be trading in my Vita for some Steam Wallet cards.

+ PhoenixDowny on June 19th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

Okay, so E3 was awesome and Sony PlayStation has really proven themselves epic at E3. Originally, I had misgivings in regards to Murasaki Baby on the PS Vita but I’m certainly convinced to buy it after seeing that awesome preview. It’s good to finally see another triple AAA title from San Diego Studio coming to the PS Vita in “Guns Up” which really looks like it’s Sony’s answer to Nintendo’s Battalion Wars and I’m sure gonna buy and play it up fuzzball!

On the other hand, we as fans need to get vocal on Twitter, Google Plus and Facebook and encourage Switchblade Monkeys to bring Secret Ponchos to the PS Vita platform.