Horizon Zero Dawn

Jun 12

Jun 12

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Detailed

Scot Amos's Avatar Posted by Co-head of Studio, Crystal Dynamics

Hiyas, I’m Scot Amos, executive producer on Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. The team here at Crystal Dynamics has been working extremely hard on bringing a new title to the critically acclaimed digital franchise on the PlayStation 4 and we are excited to finally share more details with you all. We challenged ourselves with Guardian of Light by making it the first Lara Croft game featuring co-op and we continue this tradition by making Temple of Osiris our first-ever four player co-op experience with Lara! This is a unique opportunity to cooperate with or compete against your friends in drop-in and drop-out co-op to earn bigger rewards, better treasures, and more powerful artifacts to boost your character. But how you play is up to you. Will you share the wealth, or will you sacrifice your friends for more loot and a higher score? The entire campaign is multiplayer and single-player since we know lots of fans will want to tackle Lara’s all-new adventure solo.

The story takes place in the forsaken Temple of Osiris, long hidden, deep in the deserts of Egypt. Lara Croft arrives at the mysterious temple, only to discover her new rival, Carter Bell, is also seeking the legendary Staff of Osiris – an instrument of power over life and death. When Carter removes the mythical Staff from its resting place he triggers a trap that curses them both and unleashes the evil god Set, brother to Osiris, and usurper of his kingdom. However, the reclaimed staff also awakens the gods Horus and Isis, the son and wife of Osiris. Free from their ancient prison, these gods offer to repay Lara and Carter by joining forces in order to remove their curse and stop Set. You’ll play as Lara, Carter, Isis, or Horus as you fight your way across lethal sands and through deadly tombs battling to resurrect Osiris and fulfill his prophecy by defeating Set.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris features everything you loved about Guardian of Light, including the fast paced action, isometric and cinematic camera, dangerous puzzles, deep tomb exploration, lethal traps, and more. Then, leveraging our next-gen engine and the power of the PlayStation 4, we deliver truly stunning environments and visual effects as well as four-player co-op action. You can see the incredible attention to detail and the passion the Crystal team pours into every facet, effect, and texture – pushing the art of digital games. The team here is working tirelessly to deliver that AAA experience in a classic arcade Croft title.

Well I can’t give away too much information right now, I hope you’re as excited about The Temple of Osiris as we are! Check out our debut trailer if you haven’t seen it and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest information.

Always living the dream,

-Scot

Add Your Own

Garbage943 said:

June 12th, 11:07 am

Looks great. I can’t wait :)

Drew_Croft said:

June 12th, 11:07 am

So excited for this Scot!
Will we be seeing anything from Rise of The Tomb Raider soon too?
Huge fan of the series so I’m always glad to see another game!

CommandingTiger said:

June 12th, 11:20 am

Loved the first Lara Croft, The Guardian of Light.
You bet I’ll get this one too.

Chip1010 said:

June 12th, 11:25 am

Sweet. I dare say I liked Guardian of Light more than the high-profile Tomb Raider reboot. I really liked them both, to be sure, but I tend to enjoy solving puzzles a bit more than shooting mean dudes in the face, so Guardian of Light was right up my alley. Really looking forward to this one.

Sonicfan11589 said:

June 12th, 11:25 am

I have been a fan of Tomb Raider ever since my older brother got a PS1 with the original Tomb Raider for his birthday back in the late 90’s. I was too afraid to play because of I think of the wolves, now i really love the series. Look forward to the same amazing voice acting and work that has gone into the 2013 reboot that is going into the next game and this.

Sonicfan11589 said:

June 12th, 11:28 am

Question: Is this download only like Guardian of Light?

Mobius2525 said:

June 12th, 11:38 am

not bad might give this game a try.

RockgamerXIII said:

June 12th, 11:40 am

This has been my favorite game announced during E3. I loved Guardian of Light, and I’ve been hoping for a sequel ever since I beat it.

Quick question: Any word on how the co-op will work if there are less than four players? Like if there are only two players, will the game scale to accommodate them or will the other two characters be A.I. controlled?

Amir_G_M_US said:

June 12th, 11:46 am

no PS Vita version???

that’s disappointing

Boyanime010 said:

June 12th, 12:06 pm

Who cares about PS Vita

Boyanime010 said:

June 12th, 12:07 pm

These are great times to own a PS4 :)

Swotam said:

June 12th, 12:46 pm

Just curious if we will see Rise of the Tomb Raider available for PS4? It’s already up as a pre-order on Amazon for the XBOne but so far nothing on the Playstation side of things.

KazeEternal said:

June 12th, 1:05 pm

You know what would be awesome CD? Cross Play with PC. So our friends on Steam can join us on PSN.

tusunami said:

June 12th, 1:19 pm

Not really sure about this in terms of what’s at the top of my list for what game I will get but if there is a demo i’ll try this out.

PhoenixDowny said:

June 12th, 1:20 pm

Oh my FRIGGING CRAP! There was Tomb Raider games on the PSP! What the frap @Sony, @SquareEnix @CrystalDynamics? STOP IGNORING US PS VITA GAMERS! I am angry as a wet dog out in a storm! Stop ignoring the PS Vita! You guys better put this Lara Croft game on the PS Vita too!

CommandingTiger said:

June 12th, 1:44 pm

Oh damn sony.
Why the hell did you drop the PS Vita cards from the PS Vita TV? Damn you.
That device alone could have brought sales of these cards significantly.
Why the hell would you kill yourself like that?

qviqve666 said:

June 12th, 1:49 pm

I hope will on playstation plus

reynolds-wrap1 said:

June 12th, 1:59 pm

This game looks great. It looks like it fits PS4 well. I love Lara Croft. If I get a PS4 I will get this game for it.

jose213jose said:

June 12th, 2:28 pm

It would be good for PS Vita, we need more PS Vita gamers and support for it. Or what was the point of buying one? Either (A) hard earn money and disappoint gamers or (B) make your gamers happy and still take the money. :) Its C make the gamers happy and support PS Vita you built for something good.

If PS Vita limit Ram, VRam, CPU/GPU, the problem? If you need someone who can run the PS Vita with the right type of games on it look for Indie’s. Their got the best game for PS Vita that will work for the PS Vita limits. Love to see 3rd partys make use of PS Vita as well then using remove play only.

Rezolution77 said:

June 12th, 3:07 pm

First.
I love Tonb Raider, have them all on PS3 and below.

Secondly.
AAA title for PS4? LoL, really?

Bring it to Vita and I might agree with you.
Up to 4 players, would have been perfect for the handheld.

I could bet you would have had many more buyers coming to PS3 and Vita.

What a joke.

Rezolution77 said:

June 12th, 3:11 pm

I can say this much.
With Sony’s lack of support for its past consoles will be the biggest reason I will not be investing into any more hardware from you.

TorreySN said:

June 12th, 3:30 pm

My girl Lara has come a long way, I’m still stuck on a level on Legend lol

madmanwithabox12 said:

June 12th, 4:00 pm

I’d love to play this game on Vita (not remote play). A life-long Tomb Raider fan, keep on putting out awesome TR/LC content guys!

hazelcabug said:

June 12th, 8:20 pm

PS vita really needs a new top-down shooter…

plaztiksyke said:

June 12th, 10:13 pm

my husband and I really liked Guardian of Light, despite the really quite awful voice overs.
will Guardian of Light be coming to PS4 as well?

I also really liked the Tomb Raider 1 remaster that came out for iOS. it would be cool to see that on Vita since it’s already been optimized for the iPhone/iPad’s deferred tile-rendering GPU.

aqeeliz said:

June 12th, 10:55 pm

Nice! Going to buy the game anyway, but would love it even more on PS Vita! (Also, while we are wishing for things here, maybe you can port the Guardian of Light to Vita too!)

Welmosca said:

June 13th, 1:34 am

Nice very nice….Guardian of Light is a good and fun game.Hope this one is just as good.

Elvick_ said:

June 13th, 6:44 am

It’d be cool if Guardian of Light could come to Vita. I’d buy it again there. It’s on mobile… so I wouldn’t think it’d be that hard to do… but it’s SE and Vita so.. ./hopes dashed

pam_leblancaol said:

June 13th, 9:28 pm

interesting ill have to try it