Paragon

Jun 15

Jun 15

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 6/17/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Train hard, step into the Octagon, and stay focused — EA Sports UFC storms onto PS4 this week.

The latest in MMA simulation, EA Sports UFC boasts incredible fighter likenesses based on high-resolution head and body scans, supplemented by real-time body deformation. The design team has taken exhaustive efforts to create the most authentic MMA experience possible, which is notable from a simple sheen of sweat to realistic muscle flex. Engage in dynamic striking exchanges and strategic submissions, all bolstered by a rich artificial intelligence to facilitate life-like fights that change dynamically throughout the match.

And PlayStation gamers get even more this week with the return of a fan-favorite — Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, which hits PS3. And two chapters in the well-loved Ratchet & Clank series hit PlayStation Store.

There’s even more coming to PlayStation this week, so read on and enjoy the Drop!

Battle Princess of Arcadias
EA Sports UFC
Magical Beat
MotoGP 13
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

New PlayStation Releases This Week

Battle Princess of Arcadias
PS3 — Digital
The kingdom of Schwert was once peaceful and beautiful. But now it’s been overrun by monsters, and as the Battle Princess Plume, it’s up to you to set things right in this colorful, high-speed action RPG! Collect a group of warriors and engage in skirmishes against small groups of enemies before taking on huge bosses.
EA Sports UFC
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Feel the fight. The creators of the critically-acclaimed Fight Night franchise bring you into the next-generation of fighting. Step into the Octagon with EA Sports UFC and make your opponent feel every strike, takedown, and submission.
Magical Beat
PS Vita — Digital
A sensational experience combining drop-down puzzles with beats! The main BGM is composed by the Nico Nico celebrity and sound creator Kikuo. Enjoy the thirteen colorful pixel-art characters to take you through the game.
MotoGP 13
PS3 — Digital
This is MotoGP 13, the official MotoGP game. Try Career Mode, rising from a Moto3 wildcard to the MotoGP World Champion, or challenge your friends in Split Screen or Online Championship.
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
PS3 — Going Digital (Already Available at Retail)
This classic disc-only release arrives on PlayStation Store. The iconic duo traverse the stars in an effort to unravel strange disruptions in time and space. Features brand new time-based puzzles and an unparalleled level of exploration in the Ratchet & Clank series.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
PS3 — Going Digital (Already Available at Retail)
Another disc-only release arrives on PlayStation Store! Ratchet & Clank must embark on a galactic adventure to uncover the mystery of Ratchet’s origin. This adventure introduces new characters, new weapons, and all-new worlds for Ratchet and Clank to explore.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
PS3 — Digital (Already Available on PS Vita)
Play through 24 full game levels, PLUS top-down bonus stages. Features insane growth: start as the size of a tennis ball and grow to massive proportions. And wield mutant powers — fly like a bottle rocket, stick to things like a fridge magnet, or use the powers of telekinesis to move platforms.

Demos and Betas

Magical Beat — PS Vita Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2
Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

June 15th, 9:56 am

We’re back from E3! Whew. Hope you all enjoyed the show.

Biblegamer015 said:

June 15th, 10:00 am

Hi Ryan, E3 Was Amazing :)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

June 15th, 10:08 am

Great, glad you enjoyed it!

SNORLAXex said:

June 15th, 10:01 am

Ah sweet, Battle Princess is finally coming out.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

June 15th, 10:08 am

Yeah, I’m interested in that one for sure. ^_^

Sonicfan11589 said:

June 15th, 10:02 am

Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, does it have trophies? I know it didn’t before, did it ever get a patch a la Metal Gear Solid 4?

Biblegamer015 said:

June 15th, 10:02 am

Please don’t kill Drake or Uncharted on PS4 that’s the reason why I brought PS4 :)

ratchetdude231 said:

June 15th, 10:03 am

Hi Ryan first off all how are you second off all could you please tell me when I well be able to pre order Assassin’s creed Unity on PSN I know Far Cry 4 is up for pre order but why isn’t AC unity

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

June 15th, 10:16 am

Great question! You may want to ask Ubisoft, the publisher, because I don’t have that information!

Cheers!

Sonicfan11589 said:

June 15th, 10:03 am

Also the R&C blog post from about a week ago had mentioned the Vita re-release of the original PS2 trilogy for the US. I know Europe PS Blog had dedicated a whole blog post to it. Would love more info on the collection.

VanguardFate said:

June 15th, 10:03 am

Battle Princess of Arcadias? Off to google/youtube that.

Elvick_ said:

June 15th, 10:07 am

Sweet R&C digital.

Biblegamer015 said:

June 15th, 10:07 am

Dear Sony, please give us gamers a option to buy Beyond Two Souls on PS4 :)

Astroking112 said:

June 15th, 10:08 am

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction is going digital? I’d never heard that! This should save me the trouble of ordering it from online, but quick question: How much will it cost?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

June 15th, 10:17 am

We should have pricing information for you soon!

Biblegamer015 said:

June 15th, 10:09 am

Can we get more JRPG’s PS2 Classics

TAG_Smiley said:

June 15th, 10:11 am

Awe thank you Ryan, there are so many games I need to try out!!! >:D

dodgedoors said:

June 15th, 10:13 am

@ratchetdude231 My guess would be that the pre order will come later, when the have worked out the pricing for the usual “regular edition, “gold edition” and stuff like that. That’s how it went for the last 2 AC games.

VanguardFate said:

June 15th, 10:14 am

I wonder if people would want to play as anyone other than Bruce Lee in UFC…

italodancemp3 said:

June 15th, 10:26 am

Hey Ryan

E3 truly want good for us,the vita’s owner

I hope we get new titles soon I mean AAA titles.

And looks like Vita games are getting less and lesser each week.

italodancemp3 said:

June 15th, 10:26 am

Hey Ryan

E3 truly wasn’t good for us,the vita’s owner

I hope we get new titles soon I mean AAA titles.

And looks like Vita games are getting less and lesser each week.

ewen1972 said:

June 15th, 10:27 am

Hi Ryan, quick question about the podcast, what’s the chance of getting Sam bishop on it? Beyond!

Sharingan_itachi said:

June 15th, 10:30 am

Keep up with terrible work for PS VITA.

iamRizen79 said:

June 15th, 10:31 am

No Vita love, sadly.

terminode said:

June 15th, 10:31 am

I hope ACIT and TOD’s digital releases are a part of a larger initiative to bring previously physical-only releases to PSN. Sony has a lot of titles from earlier in the last generation that could use some love (like Folklore, for instance).

Edzo04ps said:

June 15th, 10:41 am

Had no idea Magical Beat was even being localized. Pretty fun rhythm-puzzle game

rwlove said:

June 15th, 10:41 am

seeing as the instant game collection wont have 18 games in it now will the games given be higher quality or more recent games? or will it stay relatively the same as before

WCKidRock said:

June 15th, 10:43 am

Isn’t it supposed to be MotoGP14? I so want to play as Bruce Lee!!!

Mando44646 said:

June 15th, 10:52 am

nothing for me this week. Here’s hoping that Sony *actually* supports Vita in the future with more than just Indie shovelware.

rafael_martines said:

June 15th, 11:00 am

Tools of Destruction could have a patch for trophies, couldn’t?

VanguardFate said:

June 15th, 11:01 am

@23 I was wondering the same, but I doubt Ryan knows the answer to that, or would even tell you if he did. Just have to wait and see what they have in store for July. But even now, it’s still way better than Xbox’s GwG where you get stuff from 2007. Gold members would probably die of shock if they got something like NBA2K14 now.

swimquick said:

June 15th, 11:10 am

I will download R&C. I love those games. When will the Vita collection land in in the US? Europe has a release date, and we have nothing.

swimquick said:

June 15th, 11:16 am

Idea. What if the Future games were on Vita? That would be so cool. The Ratchet and Clank Future Collection.

Brandonlee2131 said:

June 15th, 11:23 am

Its sad that a wonderfully powerful machine should even be used to play the indie crap they come up with but then we spend 200 on a vita that has only the same indie crap and now it looks like sony wont give us aaa games for it after its been out forever. Psp had spin offs of all the good games like bloodlines and splinter cell essentials . Even those types of games would be a good idea. Theyre screwing up the igc and with PlayStation now we will never get AAA igc games and theyll over charge us for ps now too they need to fix their thinking and quit trying to make their wallets happy and work on making us happy. I havent seen a good sale or igc game in months. Us gamers have made you guys filthy rich now please give us some love back . 80 percent of the gamers are kids whos parents buy them everything so when the leave comments i screws up the statistics of the consumer satisfaction rate. Please bring back the love with awesome sales great igc games ps vita games that are award winners next gen games for a next gen console and stop pushing atari game graphics games on us. The percentage of gamers who really like those g indie games has got to be low. Thanks

RENOO-80 said:

June 15th, 11:28 am

Glad you are back.
E3 was Amazing. By far the best game that got me hyped was Uncharted 4.

KNDRka said:

June 15th, 11:43 am

Will pre-load be available for EA UFC ?

italodancemp3 said:

June 15th, 12:04 pm

@30 Great post man tnx I wish everyone hears you out and be logical.
I don’t want to say indie games are really crap or not acceptable but we need other games other genres.

Yes AAA titles

We are human we have feel we ain’t wall or without any eye or joy.
Yes some peolpe love indies ok that’s fine.
Some peolpe love Japanese or RPG games ok that’s fine too.

But what about western titles? Or AAA games from them? What about other genres? People ain’t like each other they have eye and brain.they can select what they want.

Sony again stop ignoring vita owners,there won’t be a good end for both of us.

king_of_barrels said:

June 15th, 12:05 pm

Magical Beat seems like it came out of nowhere! Who is publishing it? (Aksys? Arc System Works USA?)

duke301 said:

June 15th, 12:14 pm

@30, you make some good points. The way I see indie games is that they are widely hit and miss. Some are incredibly good, while others are OK, and still others are just bloody horrible. Although I play a few (such as Journey and Rainbow Moon to name a couple), I agree that they are really starting to go overboard with the indie titles.
My biggest problem with the IGC is that lately they have been adding a lot of titles which were on sale dirt cheap not long before. Because of that, I’m afraid to buy anything anymore, even if it’s on sale. Since April, I’ve probably spent about $10 in the store, and most of that was on DLC in the Rainbow Moon sale. Indeed, I have more than $100 just sitting there, burning a hole in my wallet (so to speak). I’m probably just going to save it until The Last of Us Remastered comes out next month. It’s expensive, but at least I know that they won’t be adding it to the IGC anytime soon.
I am hoping, however, that when they change the format of the IGC next month, we will see more quality titles. At least that’s the way they made it sound when they announced it.

RoD_GX said:

June 15th, 12:18 pm

What’s wrong Ryan, you can answer ‘great glad you enjoyed it’ for someone who thinks e3 was great, but then when frustrated Vita owners rightfully tell you it was awful, you simply have nothing to say?
Well I’ve got three words for you: Shame-on-you, pal. The very FIRST thing you should have done when you got your arsse back was to post a public apology for every Vita gamer around the world for not caring about us YET AGAIN, for the BLOODY MESS Square Enix did and for Sony, which loves to spit in our face!

Additionally, if this company is not going to support the Vita any longer, then just kill it already! Enough of playing around with us, ENOUGH!

KrescentSpiral said:

June 15th, 12:20 pm

As cool as playing as Bruce Lee sounds, his inclusion in a UFC game feels odd to me.

Matrix_Lion said:

June 15th, 12:21 pm

It’s time to practice the gentle art. EA Sports UFC

Enigmatech said:

June 15th, 12:50 pm

So I guess no trophy support for Tools of Destruction…

gerneric123 said:

June 15th, 12:54 pm

@29 Remember how bad the Vita port of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault was? I wouldn’t want more Ratchet PS3 ports.

You guys are being pretty brutal to Ryan about Vita’s E3 non-presence too. He didn’t make the decision to pull Sony Bend off of Vita exclusive development to make a PS4 game. He’s not the one who decided to devote as much time to Vita at E3 as they did to some TV show that’s only in pre-production. Go complain to Shawn Layden, Shuhei Yoshida, Adam Boyes, and Gio Corsi. That quartet are easily found on Twitter. If you’re seething about the Final Fantasy typo debacle, Square Enix’s ears are full of wax and may need you to shout even louder.

RainyGamer said:

June 15th, 1:05 pm

Has there ever been a sale on Ninja Gaiden Sigma Series ?!

swimquick said:

June 15th, 1:09 pm

@40 I do remember FFA. I hope that the Future games’ older age would allow them to fare better on Vita. I think it is lazy devs, though. Sanzaru made Thieves in Time for PS3/Vita, and it didn’t feel like they compromised the PS3 game so that its counterpart would run smoothly.

moecage said:

June 15th, 1:09 pm

You forgot Bloodborne, you forgot to release it today. Please fix.

yoseoboppa said:

June 15th, 1:14 pm

oh wow!! Thank you for putting Ratchet and Clank Digital I really appreciate it!

AizawaYuuichi said:

June 15th, 1:43 pm

Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed, One Piece Unlimited World R, Tales of Hearts R, Freedom Wars, Oreshika…
Please tell me again how Vita is dead and there are no games coming. Please. I beg you.

Great job at E3, guys. The PS4 lineup looks amazing, I’m looking forward to getting Powers with my PS+ sub, Morpheus seems to be coming along nicely, and with 100 games in development for Vita as you announced on stage, I know I’ll have plenty to play on the most powerful handheld gaming console for years to come.

dodgedoors said:

June 15th, 1:45 pm

@43 man I wish that worked

PrimeroIncognito said:

June 15th, 1:50 pm

Brandonlee2131 on June 15th, 2014 at 11:23 am said: “80 percent of the gamers are kids whos parents buy them everything so when the leave comments it screws up the statistics”

It’s funny that you’d talk about screwed up statistics right after you completely fabricated one of your own and passed it off as legitimate…

Truth is, most gamers are (technically) adults. That’s why it’s so sad when they whine…

dodgedoors said:

June 15th, 1:51 pm

also how awesome would a ratchet and clank PS4 collection be? With 1-3 and the future collection (including nexus) with a great framerate I am drooling.

Mando44646 said:

June 15th, 2:10 pm

Any idea why the ratings system us suddenly broken? It says I’ve already rated each article I try it on when I know for a fact that I have not done such a thing yet

Mando44646 said: