No Man's Sky

Deadpool Is Getting His Own Pinball Table

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar + Posted by Bobby Loertscher on Jun 17, 2014 // Community Manager, Zen Studios

After months of coercion, threats, and highly inappropriate late night texts (seriously, Wade, how can you really expect anyone to physically be able to do that with a duck!?), Zen Studios have agreed to create a virtual pinball table for the one and only Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool. Coming to Zen Pinball 2 NEXT WEEK, the table will offer exciting pinball action, true-to-the-character gameplay, and may actually afford the team at Zen some peace and quiet when it releases.

Zen Pinball 2: Deadpool

Zen Pinball 2: DeadpoolZen Pinball 2: Deadpool

In all seriousness (well, some seriousness, at least), Zen Studios is extremely excited to be working with the fine folks at Marvel to bring Deadpool fans a pinball experience that is as true to the character as you can get. Featuring the supreme voice talents of the one and only Nolan North as Deadpool, this table will capture the acerbic, fourth wall-crushing attitude of the character, as well as other supporting characters from the Deadpool universe, including Blind Al, Weasel, Lil’ Deadpool, and more. Please humor the Merc with a Mouth by watching the trailer below, will ya?

Deadpool’s pinball debut will feature a dynamic table that will switch at his whim, quick-time events, a “Blind Mode” courtesy of Blind Al in which only the ball, flippers and target lanes are visible, and even a mode where the player can help Deadpool take down some of his most nefarious enemies: raging comic book fans!

Deadpool will be coming to Zen Pinball 2 next week (June 24th), so dust off your dancing shoes and synchronize your watches, because it’s about to go down!

+ Torgo823 on June 17th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Can’t wait for this and the Walking Dead!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on June 17th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

It’s going to be a crazy awesome summer of pinball! :D

+ ChaseHammerJ on June 17th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Are chimichangas included?

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on June 17th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEADBALL!!!!!!!!!!!
PINPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TRAMPOPOLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on June 17th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

[DIES]

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on June 17th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

and The Nolan North. Thank you!!!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on June 17th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Right!? We’re so thrilled to have him voice Deadpool for us :D

+ saab01 on June 17th, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

Way to keep a secret till the week before release. Cool to get a new table but I myself am more interested in the walking dead compared to this one.

+ vitalogy11 on June 17th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

Aw I’ve was hoping for a Guardians of the Galaxy table. With the movie coming out I went back and read their comics and loved them. Also I want to throw in a vote for a marvel table sell!

+ Yaholo on June 17th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

Zen Pinball has made my life complete. Please don’t stop.

+ GGCAN on June 17th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

Keep the tables coming and thank you for the ongoing support of this game !

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on June 17th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

Thanks! We’ve got lots more on the way! :D

+ FearMonkey on June 17th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

No F-bombs though I assume? Bleeping or just acerbic non-profane Deadpool dialogue?

Also Nolan North Deadpool is best Deadpool. <3

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on June 17th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

It’s rated E, so no F-bombs, but I promise, it is still hilarious! I laughed like a maniac when I played it the first few times :D

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Chris Baker on June 17th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

As the Marvel guy who worked on this, I can confirm there are no f-bombs — but I can also tell you that Deadpool expresses his dissatisfaction with this.

+ BanzaiHeil on June 17th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

This is awesome! Will pick up day 1, like I do for all the tables (especially Marvel tables.) I really like the soundtrack to your tables, too. I often walk around with the Iron Man and World War Hulk soundtracks stuck in my head, among others.

And like always, I have to seize the opportunity to beg for a Maximum Carnage table someday. :-)

Keep up the awesome work guys!

+ Bones00 on June 17th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

I can imagine playing this and annoying the family with Deadpool running his mouth the whole time.

+ duke301 on June 17th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

Deadpool is probably one of the few Marvel Comics that I never actually read, but I do know a little about the character. At any rate, if this table is anywhere near as good as the other Marvel-themed tables, then it should be a lot of fun. Thank you Bobby, and keep bringing us more great tables!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on June 17th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Thanks for your support! You should definitely check out some Deadpool comics, he’s super funny and totally insane! (Don’t tell him I said that! :P )

+ wtGp on June 17th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

looks like another Marvel Table I’m buying. Love your teams work. Very awesome of you guys to get Nolan North back to voice over Deadpool again.

+ Mando44646 on June 17th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

this is fantastic!

+ lanmao on June 17th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

!

+ CDubyahS on June 17th, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

Why Zen pinball 2 not marvel pinball ? Is marvel pinball on PlayStation 3 dead?

+ FearMonkey on June 17th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

Also, Deadpool is right. The Iron Man table was terrible. :p

+ EthanielRain on June 17th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

I’m not a Deadpool fan, but I am a Zen Pinball fan! :)

P.S. I’ll pay you $248.00 for a Punisher table.

+ tusunami on June 17th, 2014 at 1:10 pm said:

Now this is something I can see me playing next week for sure this looks like more scores to break!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TJF588 on June 17th, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

Can’t help but feel there’s a missed opportunity in not making the main flippers his index fingers.

+ Scorpion_73 on June 17th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

When will you guys add the rest of Marvel Tables from Ps3 to PS4 tables.

+ AnoyoIkari on June 17th, 2014 at 1:31 pm said:

Yes! Oh my god ; Yes! I love you Bobby. I pushed you and pushed you for this table. I LOVE YOU!

+ BaconMcShig on June 17th, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

I laughed when I realized the stage ‘scenery’ was the pinball table. A table on a table on a table… Pinception!

And yes, please bring the missing Marvel tables to PS4 already!

PS: What, no Cable?

+ devilmosh on June 17th, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

Sweet! I can always count on Zen to feed my pinball addiction in the most awesomest way possible :)

+ Welmosca on June 17th, 2014 at 11:21 pm said:

Oh awesome…Deadpool deserves his own table.Good stuff guys nice job.

+ THA_STARKILLER on June 17th, 2014 at 11:45 pm said:

I just happened to look up the real Deadpool game on the PSN earlier today & couldn’t find it using the Search function or under the PS3 Games Tab. I know it used to be there, I’ve had it digitally since Launch & it’s been in MANY Digital sales since. The ACTUAL Deadpool game is pretty Fun. I Pre-Ordered it from Gamestop for the DLC & Purchased it Digitally as soon as I could. I paid $10 more than I was supposed to from the PSN(since I had already Paid for it from Gamestop, I thought it was the first to come of MANY Digital Price Gouges) & was refunded a week later without having to contact anyone :) Figure I’d point this out, since Deadpool Game Sales may Hike due to the Pinball.
ps – I could never figure out what the “Merc with a Mouth Map Pack” DLC ever Unlocked, it’s a 100KB file so I figure it’s on Disc/ in the Digital Game Download. It later turned up on the PSN as a $10 DLC I believe.

+ TJF588 on June 18th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

@27 THA_STARKILLER – It was caught up in a mass purge of Marvel licenses. Figuratively hit myself sometimes for not jumping on Gamefly’s $8 deal on the PC version before it got nix’d. But, if ZEN can be releasing this stuff nowadays, there’s hope in seeing past games return. At least, I’f hope there’s hope.

+ NinjaMicWZ on June 22nd, 2014 at 4:40 am said:

Sweet. This and Walking Dead. Got all the tables, and will keep getting them as long as you keep making them.

Also, props to Zen for continuing to deliver tables on PSN and especially Vita… unlike some pinball games I’ve supported like crazy that seem to have given up.

+ JediMindTrick on June 25th, 2014 at 12:44 am said:

What happened to all the tables being cross-buy? I used to enjoy buying the new tables on my PS3 and then being able to enjoy them on my Vita, but when I bought the most recent Star Wars tables on my PS4, I noticed it wanted another $9.99 to download for my Vita or my PS3; when I went back to my PS3 and read the description, the line stating “Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3 system and PS Vita system versions!” was conspicuously missing… Was cross-buy stealthed out of Zen Pinball 2 tables? If so, I might be done buying these particular add ons…

+ Hooper-316 on June 25th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

One of the most entertaining Pinball tables I have ever played and it really captures the whole Deadpool essence, Seriously big respect to Zen for applying Nolan North to do the voice of DP again…I couldn’t imagine he would sound with another actor unless it is Ryan Reynolds and even he doesn’t do DP any justice. Buy this table ‘Nuff said.